• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of loathe that CMX exists because Vinland Saga and Blame! have these massive, beautiful collections but also they're way cheaper digitally.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Every time I start Sangatsu no Lion where the anime left off I"m reminded how gorgeous the colors and art direction were and hold out hope for a third season. And I stop reading.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen 37

I was wondering what this guy reminded me of. He looks like he could be a Stand.

PnB6pHy.png

Edit: Well, that was good timing.
rQQhKjE.png

Last edited:

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
One Piece 930
Solid as always. Can't wait to see Sanji in action

MHA 213
Honestly don't like where they're going with this. That many quirks seems way too good for Deku

TPN 119
Interesting development. I was losing a little bit of interest because it started to seem like a battle manga, but hopefully the story turns it around.

Edit:
Dr Stone 90
Ryusui is such a good addition to the cast.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
one piece 930

PLEASE ODA LET SANJI GET THIS W

mha 231

lmao midoriya is gonna get so haxxed by end of series this is almost unfair

wish the author of gosu a speedy recovery

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
MHA 231

On one hand this should expand his arsenal and make the fights more interesting, but on the other hand that's beyond OP lol

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MHA 231
I was wondering if OFA also passed down the quirks of past users as well, since the whole thing is passing down your power. Seems it does which makes sense

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
MHA 231
Yeah i guess this makes sense but this makes OFA too overpowered compared to Deku's friends, so he has eight quirks (the op one included) instead of having just a super powerful one.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
MHA 231
I was wondering if OFA also passed down the quirks of past users as well, since the whole thing is passing down your power. Seems it does which makes sense
Yeah, it's to be expected, but it's also kinda boring. In a world where everyone has just the one quirk, Deku now has six and they're all OP as hell.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait till he gets the Nine Tailed Beast
It'd probably be more interesting if his initial quirk sucked and he just got 6 other shitty quirks. Now he's just even more OP than he was before and that's not a whole lot of fun or very interesting.

Hell, I can even imagine what the grand finale will look like now. What's his name breaks out of jail, steals/copies all of Deku's quirks, and everyone teams up to beat him once and for all.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It'd probably be more interesting if his initial quirk sucked and he just got 6 other shitty quirks. Now he's just even more OP than he was before and that's not a whole lot of fun or very interesting.

Hell, I can even imagine what the grand finale will look like now. What's his name breaks out of jail, steals/copies all of Deku's quirks, and everyone teams up to beat him once and for all.

One For All was really the friends we made along the way. Also team up with reformed Hand Job.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be real, One for All was heads above any other quirk. This was bound to happen regardless of the six other quirks. How do you think All Might became number one?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real, One for All was heads above any other quirk. This was bound to happen regardless of the six other quirks. How do you think All Might became number one?
Honestly, that doesn't make this any better. It was an issue from the start and instead of trying to fix it somehow they just doubled down.

Oct 25, 2017
MHA 213

So, now Deku has six powers left to unlocked, eh? I hope they don't overpowered him cuz it would be hindrance if he do.

One Piece 930

I don't get what's going on, but Sanji is about to full kick-ass'd mode on that dinosaur guy.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's to be expected, but it's also kinda boring. In a world where everyone has just the one quirk, Deku now has six and they're all OP as hell.
Wait, how do you know that those quirks are op lol, we only saw one, and even then the one we saw is much weaker than base OFA even at maximum power

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
MHA 213

Deku's fights were interesting because of the toll OfA had on his body. Part of me hopes he never masters the super-strength to the degree that All Might did and instead has to use a combination of the other powers to subdue his foes with a last minute 100% punch or kick as his trump card.

Of course, this is a Shounen battle manga so he'll no doubt master everything and be so far above everyone else it's comical.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how do you know that those quirks are op lol, we only saw one, and even then the one we saw is much weaker than base OFA even at maximum power
Having more than one power is inherently OP in this universe given everyone else only has a single ability, except for the main villain. Having more than one, even if they're all shitty, gives you an inherent advantage because of synergy between skills and no one would be able to account for. Having more than one skill gives you a huge edge against anyone with only just a single skill. You'll have options no one else does. Deku didn't need this upgrade, OFA was good enough as is.

Besides, as is pointed out in the chapter, all of the abilities have been strengthened by OFA. When this new ability was rampaging it was breaking buildings and causing chaos.

Oct 25, 2017
MHA I kinda suspected this would happen given the nature of OFA and the creepy ghost people way back. Kinda hope Deku's body, cause it's not used to a quirk, goes through a buncha weird shit because it can't handle it. In like, he couldn't handle super strength so he broke his bones a bunch, kinda way.

Black Clover Low-key I actually really like a lot of plot details in Black Clover and I appreciate how committed it is to saying the rich asshole royalty were just the fucking worst. No ifs ands or buts about it. Also reaaaaaaally curious what the ominous consequence for using that bullshit sword is. It'll either be really fucked, or do absolutely nothing cause it has no mana to curse or something.

Mob Psycho - The End So despite being a huge stan for ONE I never ended up finishing Mob Psycho. Since the new season of the anime continues to be amazing I decided to go through where season 1 ended and go straight to the end and boy is this such a good thing. Reigen's the best, Dimple's character growth is amazing, all the stuff about Mob not being the true self was pretty confusing. Overall, still one of my favorite manga but there was never really a moment that topped Reigen 1000% for me.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Having more than one power is inherently OP in this universe given everyone else only has a single ability, except for the main villain. Having more than one, even if they're all shitty, gives you an inherent advantage because of synergy between skills and no one would be able to account for. Having more than one skill gives you a huge edge against anyone with only just a single skill. You'll have options no one else does. Deku didn't need this upgrade, OFA was good enough as is.

Besides, as is pointed out in the chapter, all of the abilities have been strengthened by OFA. When this new ability was rampaging it was breaking buildings and causing chaos.
Still, we don't know anything about th other quirks, I agree it has a lot of potential to be super OP, but I don't see how it is OP now.

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized almost 100% of my shelf is Yen Press stuff so I guess that means they're my favorite publisher.

Neko Ane 32
oh
oh no

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

How was OFA good enough as is if it couldn't permanently put down the reason it exists in the first place?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
How was OFA good enough as is if it couldn't permanently put down the reason it exists in the first place?
OFA was strong enough to beat AFO, All Might won that fight, and Deku's is stronger still. OFA gets stronger with each new user, remember? So Deku's power ceiling was already higher than All Might's was.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc All Might didn't want to kill AFO. AFO is on tubes to stay alive, so if you removed them he would die. They aren't going to do that though since they aren't executioners.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
He won the fight but he didn't win the war so it's like.... eh.
Yes, but again: Deku's version of the quirk gives him more raw power than All Might's did. Besides, if All Might wanted to kill him he could have. Dude's on like permanent life-support after that fight.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but again: Deku's version of the quirk gives him more raw power than All Might's did. Besides, if All Might wanted to kill him he could have. Dude's on like permanent life-support after that fight.
Iirc All Might didn't want to kill AFO. AFO is on tubes to stay alive, so if you removed them he would die, but they aren't going to do that.
Unless the anime changed things around All Might was pretty shocked to realize that AFO was still alive. Pretty much means he thought he died after that battle

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Soloist of the Prison

So. Uhhh, anyone else reading this? Cause it's kind of god damn amazing.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Im currently reading through Saint Seiya and I just finished the "12 Houses / Palaces" arc (Don't know the actual term of it) and Im roughly on chapter 50/110. Meanwhile my friend whose watching the anime is also done with it, but he has seen like 90 EPS out of 100 or whatever.

Does the anime end earlier or something? Hard to believe the remaining 60 chapters is finished in the anime in such a short time span.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Im currently reading through Saint Seiya and I just finished the "12 Houses / Palaces" arc (Don't know the actual term of it) and Im roughly on chapter 50/110. Meanwhile my friend whose watching the anime is also done with it, but he has seen like 90 EPS out of 100 or whatever.

Does the anime end earlier or something? Hard to believe the remaining 60 chapters is finished in the anime in such a short time span.

I haven't read the manga but the anime version added, after a hefty break of ~15-20 years, a number of ova series with some ~30 eps in total that I'd posit probably finish what was left of the source material.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I haven't read the manga but the anime version added, after a hefty break of ~15-20 years, a number of ova series with some ~30 eps in total that I'd posit probably finish what was left of the source material.
I see, thank you!
Im sorry to all Saint Seiya fans, but I feel like its so mediocre... Don't know what it is, Im not really feeling it. I'll read it to the end though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.