• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
He's going to be overpowered no matter what way you slice it so you might as well make his moveset diverse and interesting to look at.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
All Might did with only OfA though. And Deku's OfA is suposed to be stronger than All Might's at 100%. Training should have been enough

All Might did that to a weakened and barely living A4O. When Deku does it it'll be against Shigaraki who has the power or A4O who has taken over Shigaraki's body and is at full strength.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
It feels a little off to me because psychologically it feels like Deku already has the power to deal with adversity/challenge and just... can't do it, compared to other characters (or other shonen manga in general) that have to rise to the challenge and get stronger. I know it's a shallow thing to say but it's less satisfying when Deku manages to pull something off, like it was supposed to happen anyway.

I'd say ever since his internship at Gran Torino or so it started feeling like this, even if All Might's arc made up for the lack of excitement for Deku

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Deku was also not using his quirk when Shinso grabbed him.
Right, but isn't like he immedieately won after releasing his quirk, so unless he wins in the first few pages next week I think assuming deku is invincible is wrong. In fact I expect Shinso to ultimately win the showdown

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
All Might did that to a weakened and barely living A4O. When Deku does it it'll be against Shigaraki who has the power or A4O who has taken over Shigaraki's body and is at full strength.

All Might beat A4O twice, and the first time A4O was full strength unless I'm misremembering. AM is the one that put A4O in that state in the first place.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
All Might beat A4O twice, and the first time A4O was full strength unless I'm misremembering. AM is the one that put A4O in that state in the first place.
I'm pretty sure this is correct. Also, Deku's version of O4A is even stronger than All Might's due to the stockpiling thing. Like I said last week, he didn't need the power-up but got one anyway.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You just know at some point Deku will unlock a "useless" power that will turn out to be super useful because he can just use OFA to make it OP as fuck like he'll gain the ability to grow his fingernails, but using OFA they turn into Wolverine's claws or some shit

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen 44

Gege doesn't disappoint with her two-page panels.

hCjLNUy.png

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Gintama 700
One chapter to go :( (again!). Though I'm almost not convinced lol .

Konomi's Gintoki is pretty good.

Kind of funny how he keeps going with the Takasugi death fake outs. And I'll keep biting since he's the only character who has a chance/expectation of not making it.

The (sort of) reunion delivered!

Goldne Kamuy 187
That last page...

Gotta question Ogata's decision to not flee in the opposite direction immediately after seeing Sugimoto. Next chapter should be good.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, reading BC and MHA one after another just shows how much better the female characters are there regarding focus, participation in the fights and developments. Not only the main one with Noelle is much better than Ochako at development and participation but the secondary female characters as well. Which is a shame because I like many female characters on MHA but they're quite underused, even more compared to Black Clover.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, reading BC and MHA one after another just shows how much better the female characters are there regarding focus, participation in the fights and developments. Not only the main one with Noelle is much better than Ochako at development and participation but the secondary female characters as well. Which is a shame because I like many female characters on MHA but they're quite underused, even more compared to Black Clover.
Quite weird to use this chapter that has Ochako slamming Monoma in the ground
In fact this arc used the female characters a lot, the only match that was disappointing was the 4th one

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quite weird to use this chapter that has Ochako slamming Monoma in the ground
In fact this arc used the female characters a lot, the only match that was disappointing was the 4th one

The difference is that BC does that all the time for the female characters, which was my point and how I wanted to see that happening on MHA

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Why is the Akira manga so damn expensive? I was thinking of buying it for my brother's birthday since he really likes the movie... But the cheapest I've found is still over NZ$30/volume 😦.

Meanwhile, the Japanese version only costs $10/volume... But sadly my brother only speaks French and English, and from what I've read the French translation isn't that good.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but i never got up to date so i've still got plenty of room to catch up!

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BC has a character that walks around in a bikini and nothing else. That is all.

Yeah, but I was talking about development and participation on the story, not this question.

And even then, Vanessa (which has a playful personality, along being sensual and has above 20 yo so it makes sense) uses bikini only inside the guild but in battles and missions she's with her normal clothes which still are revealing but it makes sense considering her personality.

Which I can't say the same for Momo and the girls on MHA which not only uses similar clothes but their personality don't make sense with the clothes they wear as superhero and they're underage. lol

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but I was talking about development and participation on the story, not this question.

And even then, Vanessa (which has a playful personality, along being sensual and has above 20 yo so it makes sense) uses bikini only inside the guild but in battles and missions she's with her normal clothes which still are revealing but it makes sense considering her personality.

Which I can't say the same for Momo and the girls on MHA which not only uses similar clothes but their personality don't make sense with the clothes they wear as superhero and they're underage. lol
Mono can only make constructions from her skin. It makes sense for her quirk.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of character participation MHA is lame in general, though the female characters get it the worst.

BC is better in that regard because all of Black Bulls and whatever side characters are being featured get their own fights and stories focusing on them.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of character participation MHA is lame in general, though the female characters get it the worst.

BC is better in that regard because all of Black Bulls and whatever side characters are being featured get their own fights and stories focusing on them.
Todoroki, Iida, Momo, Kirishima, Tsuyu, Ochako, Tokoyami all get/got stories focused on them, that is ignoring people outside 1-A like Shinso, Mirio, Tamaki, Endeavor, Hawks. The later 2 even had a whole arc for them with almost no deku.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I think this

Is as revealing as the MHA outfits outside Momo

I do agree.

Mono can only make constructions from her skin. It makes sense for her quirk.

Her boobs don't need to appear like that for the skin tho. And Mikio had his own excuse to not be naked with a equipment, unlike with Momo where she has to show off. lol

This one would be better and still would show off her skin even if Hiroshiki could give a excuse like with Mikio.

DCtvtd0XcAIHAL4.jpg

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, that's how I see and it's why it's a weaker point in the series for me while BC exceeds on this part.

Status
Not open for further replies.