• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Yeaasss Yesssss Hinomaru Zumou was Simul-pub by MangaPlus for official english release. We made it. Chase
Never thought we'd see an official release let alone a simul pub!

There was a noticeable amount of typos and some clunky dialogue in the chapters I read but I'll take it. Hopefully it's a result of heavy workload preparing for the launch of the new site.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I reached the firework chapters in Kaguya, I think that this is the very big hit of the series I was told before! They were fantastic, Shirogane was a true hero and Kaguya
while looking at him in the car instead of the firework
was so cute!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ippo 1250

If Ippo isn't willing to cross the line to chase his true love then he's never crossing it. Fuck it

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Since Manga Plus came out I've started reading some new series I didn't know about, but a lot of them only have the first and the last chapters. Any idea where I could find the missing parts for Land Lock? I'm EU if that helps

January 2019
OP
OP
dramazen

dramazen

Oct 25, 2017
January 2019 Recommendation: My Brother's Husband

IVtFDiC.jpg

Simple slice of life | 4 volumes, complete work, licensed in English, French, and Italian
Yaichi is a work-at-home suburban dad in contemporary Tokyo; formerly married to Natsuki, father to their young daughter, Kana. Their lives suddenly change with the arrival at their doorstep of a hulking, affable Canadian named Mike Flanagan, who declares himself the widower of Yaichi's estranged gay twin, Ryoji. Mike is on a quest to explore Ryoji's past, and the family reluctantly but dutifully takes him in. (source)

From Lain:
This first volume felt like a great read to face some of the issues and preconceptions gay people face and some of their problems too like the lack of people to talk with at a young age when they realize their sexual orientation, how faking interest in the other sex and hiding brings them anxiety and troubles. (source)

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Exorcist 108

Poor Yuri, but I love seeing how several characters in the past and those events are getting tied together.

Owari no Serafu 76

Well looks like its time for war. Demon blades v Warheads, Epic!

World Trigger 174 - 175
DygQAafX4AUcOWT.jpg

Perfect way to end the round, glad Tamakoma 2 won and Hyuse and Kuga work well together.

Loved the praise for Okkun and Koala, and Taichi, precious.
DygPd6CUcAAzHX6.jpg

Best page! Izumi!
DygQ2brWwAE51o5.jpg:small

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
ne0;lation 7

Wow we get our antagonists group. Pretty cruel thus far.

Love Arato One just eating his hot dog as usual. nom.

Hell Warden Higuma 6

Excellent Kobato back story and loved how he and higuma are kind of tied together by fate.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All this time y'all were enjoying Kaguya-sama without me, it is time to fix that

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I just binge read over the last few days Domestic na Kanojo... and holy hell I feel emotionally drained. Dear god.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i want to read kaguya to see what you people are all freaking out about but it's been long enough that the anime kaguya gags are 'fresh' again to me and i want to preserve that

wonder where i should start from

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i want to read kaguya to see what you people are all freaking out about but it's been long enough that the anime kaguya gags are 'fresh' again to me and i want to preserve that

wonder where i should start from
I am going to start reading once I finish the anime.

Oct 25, 2017
Do You Like The Otaku School Nurse? - 1

tPDw83f.jpg

It's about a school nurse whose has a secret of otaku outisde of normies life aka fujoshi. This manga is gonna be fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Curtains Up! I'm Off 9

Good conclusion chapter though we knew what was coming as they wouldnt end the series this early or send them into failure. Kanto competition could be hard.

Lovely artwork.

DyqcS88VAAAZD0F.jpg:small

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
The Seven Deadly Sins

Well, they're pretty hosed unless Mel's emotions get back to his body in time.

It would be funny if they he was already back to normal and just went, "oh hey guys what's up" when they're thinking he's about to murder them.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Nanatsu no Taizai

I mean Melodias technically was returning to his body prior to ressurection unless the gap between him and Ban returning was that great

so there is a chance that the Mel we see evolved is the Mel with his emotions

I also feel there is bigger big bad then the Demon whatever
The Seven Deadly Sins

Well, they're pretty hosed unless Mel's emotions get back to his body in time.

It would be funny if they he was already back to normal and just went, "oh hey guys what's up" when they're thinking he's about to murder them.
lol exactly

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Hajime No Ippo 1251

So Ippo's (technically) not "Punch drunk?" and Kumi is on some sly shit....Ippo's really gonna have to choose either Boxing or his semi--girlfriend.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hajime No Ippo 1251

So Ippo's (technically) not "Punch drunk?" and Kumi is on some sly shit....Ippo's really gonna have to choose either Boxing or his semi--girlfriend.
I'm not sure it'll come to that. I'd prefer it if it didn't. She very much wants him to not get too hurt, I think it's just going to come down to him getting the go ahead from his mom. That seems to be the major thing.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like Kumi anymore. This current storyline is just her being selfish and potentially manipulative.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Is it selfish to want Ippo not to have brain damage?
She doesn't want Ippo to get hurt, but it's still selfish. She's putting her own happiness before his and it's clearly going to eat away at the both of them.
She's trying to convince Ippo(and probably herself) that he has brain damage in order to make him give up on his dream, which she was never happy with in the first place.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't want Ippo to get hurt, but it's still selfish. She's putting her own happiness before his and it's clearly going to eat away at the both of them.
She's trying to convince Ippo(and probably herself) that he has brain damage in order to make him give up on his dream, which she was never happy with in the first place.
I don't know that she's being selfish though or that this is what is happening. Ippo clearly made the choice on his own. She didn't push him into it or anything. I think she's getting a bit of a bad rap.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure it'll come to that. I'd prefer it if it didn't. She very much wants him to not get too hurt, I think it's just going to come down to him getting the go ahead from his mom. That seems to be the major thing.

Yeah but I don't think it will as big as a hurdle as convincing Kumi; I think Ippo's mom knows he's forcing himself not to go back to the ring. I agree Kumi's not coming from a bad place with her wanting Ippo not to return to the ring but I definitely see herself putting her foot down in some regard.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but I don't think it will as big as a hurdle as convincing Kumi; I think Ippo's mom knows he's forcing himself not to go back to the ring. I agree Kumi's not coming from a bad place with her wanting Ippo not to return to the ring but I definitely see herself putting her foot down in some regard.
I think she'll try and get him not to do it, but at the same time she's not the one keeping him out. She's the one making sure he's not forced to go back in. To be real, I think there's kind of a bait and switch going on and this is how they finally come out with the whole "I love you" thing.

I think this chapter showed the real reason Ippo stopped boxing though: he was worried about his mom's health and used this as an excuse. He's been threatening to quit for this same reason for a while now, it's why Itagaki started working on the boat all those chapters ago.

I think that unless he's told it's OK to go back that he might not do it. There's gotta be someone there to help his mom when he can't otherwise this will always be hanging over his head. This is probably what's stopping him from crossing that line Takamura drew in the dirt.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Slime Sage Chapter 52

All three of the Japanese kids got a high level spirit (Two of which have special importance) and the non-nippon characters get a low level spirit lol

giphy.gif

I haven't seen this much national pride since G.A.T.E.

I liked the chapter though, we got a decent amount of new information.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slime Sage Chapter 52

All three of the Japanese kids got a high level spirit (Two of which have special importance) and the non-nippon characters get a low level spirit lol

giphy.gif

I haven't seen this much national pride since G.A.T.E.

I liked the chapter though, we got a decent amount of new information.
It's a mistranslation they all have high level spirits

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 137

An entire chapter of Kaguya and Prez just kissing.

Okay not really but it's fun to think that's what it is.

Also Ishigami, dude, slow down there fella. You're gonna drive right off the cliff at this rate.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Just received this:

I thought they were just going to be normal manga sized, but turns out they're almost A4-sized 😮. Super pleasantly surprised. All of that for NZD55 including shipping from Japan is a steal.

I don't even know what the story is about actually haha, going in completely blind so should be fun.

Last edited:

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
As your resident Radiant fanboy I translated another interview of its creator. Pretty interesting, and it's fun seeing Tony fanboy over Rumiko Takahashi winning the Angouleme Grand Prix haha.

Oh shit! Nausicaa is one of my favorite stories from Miyazaki! Enjoy it!

Thanks! I've heard a lot of good things about it and it was cheap so I didn't even think twice about buying it. I quickly flicked through a couple of pages and I liked the art. I'll start reading it this weekend :)

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
hell warden higuma 1-6
pretty damn generic so far, chainsaw man is at least bit more interesting
will probably check this out until the 1st real arc before deciding on dropping

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 137

An entire chapter of Kaguya and Prez just kissing.

Okay not really but it's fun to think that's what it is.

Also Ishigami, dude, slow down there fella. You're gonna drive right off the cliff at this rate.
He has no idea what the hell he's been doing lol

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Viz never licensed it, which is why it's not available on their app.

Just seems weird because they are continuing all of their aborted "Jump Starts" though maybe there's a license included in that. I mean their app is called Shonen Jump... isn't this the first simultranslated WSJ title that they don't have?

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
Just seems weird because they are continuing all of their aborted "Jump Starts" though maybe there's a license included in that. I mean their app is called Shonen Jump... isn't this the first simultranslated WSJ title that they don't have?
The only ongoing titles they don't have are Zumou, Yuuna (Which is harcore ecchi and licensed by Seven Seas) and the two comedy series I'm From Japan and Teenage Renaissance David.

I get the feeling that Viz never licensed it because they felt there wasn't enough interest for it, among their usual reader base. Considering how sports series generally weren't selling that well for them until very recently (Haikyuu and Kuroko are apparently doing quite well over here) I can understand their hesitance to license it.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Arte 29

x6i4Lbh.png

Well dang, how about that. Gimo cleaned up all of the problems of the entire arc with a single one-liner. hahaha

Always love an Arte chapter where a woman tells a man off and he scrambles away. It's ridiculously satisfying

Oct 26, 2017
Haikyuu
As much as I love Bokuto, I'm glad we're back with Karusano and the battle of the little giants is about to happen. Still want Fukurodani versus Karusano battling in the finals. Hopefully that's what will happen.

Kaguya
Ishigami...you foolish fool! You know not what you have done (twice!)

Status
Not open for further replies.