• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Though sometimes given the angle, panel, etc., some of that was obscured.

But hey, at least it offers the possible plot point of the two switching at some point. Though I don't know how likely this is (probably not very?).

Yea I doubt that as well. Actually, I'm quite surprised that Robin has yet to interact with her. Thought it'd be this whole thing, but I guess now they're pretty busy...

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Just received this:

I thought they were just going to be normal manga sized, but turns out they're almost A4-sized 😮. Super pleasantly surprised. All of that for NZD55 including shipping from Japan is a steal.

I don't even know what the story is about actually haha, going in completely blind so should be fun.

These are even better than the english sized ones, which are massive.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Chainsawman 9

Man this just keeps going. Knowing the author, something even more crazy will happen.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 145

Glad Zenitsu is getting screentime that isn't always comedic.

Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia 216

Monoma seems kinda a suspicion when he speaks knowledge about how to "counter" Deku's quirk. 🤔 And I almost forgot Eri is exist in MHA.

Oct 25, 2017
ne0;lation 8

Wow at the ending. Really incredible mind games going on, the writer isnt afraid to actually injure ne0. Good googly moogly. Im scared.

Hell Warden Higuma 7

Kitsune is a so wild, this is such an intense development for a 7th chapter. wow.

Chainsaw Man 9

lame chapter. Ugly antagonist design.

act age 52 END

Can just end the manga here and it'd be perfect. Really will miss this Campanella arc.
Dy7bTS7UcAExeTp.jpg:small

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy, but wouldn't he found out that Deku has a quirk's One For All if he copied it? I distinctly remember Deku have never told everyone about his quirk (except Bakugo), unless someone else has an ability to "pry" it.

Just a bit hypothesis.

Well that's what I'm saying. I don't know exactly what it feels like for him to copy a quirk, if he just has an instinct on how he's supposed to use them. But assuming that's the case, that knowledge is what he plans on using to counter the quirk if they ever fight again.

It seemed like you were implying that he may be the traitor, or something along those lines due to what he said.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
UQ Holder

...Like what the hell just happened? One chapter and a three month timeskip in said chapter, and suddenly Touta is like crazy WTF OP. He just slapped the shit out of Fate to make a point lol.

Deleted member 7156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
After looking around for a while trying to find the cheapest (good) edition of Akira to gift to my brother I ended up settling on the currently ongoing French reedition. The translation is apparently good (as opposed to older editions) and even after paying for shipping it halfway across the world it still ends up cheaper than buying one of the latest English versions. Only downside is that only the first four volumes have been published so far, but I'll get him the last two when they eventually come out.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
That color spread from the recent Dr. Stone volume (I think) perfectly encapsulates why I'll never be able to really support the series.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
UQ Holder

...Like what the hell just happened? One chapter and a three month timeskip in said chapter, and suddenly Touta is like crazy WTF OP. He just slapped the shit out of Fate to make a point lol.

He kissed Judas and defied god to form a pactio, I think at this point slapping fate around is nbd

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Radiant 52

So satisfying

Mordred you piece of shit

That color spread from the recent Dr. Stone volume (I think) perfectly encapsulates why I'll never be able to really support the series.

I just stumbled across it on reddit. It's not from the latest volume (or at least - it's not in the kindle version I have), so I guess it might be from a Jump issue maybe? But yeah, yeesh. Boichi's way too horny for his own good. There's such a wide variety of male character designs in the series yet 9 girls out of ten have the same doll figure (not even talking about the framing).

Edit:

I just found about this manga called Lost Children:
Lost-children.jpg

It's a bit weird, it's by a French publisher even though the author is Japanese. The art looks pretty cool and I'm intrigued by this kind of collaboration so I might get the first volume to try it out.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
UQ Holder

Not really impressive tbh. Touta started out closer to end series Negima powers than beginning series Negima powers, and by then Negi was Fate level or higher. A time skip should make him OP.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that one. Oof.

Well, he somehow managed to get every female character's ass front and center despite how awkward and bad it looks! Meanwhile, all their faces looking like

vmg7Vnh.jpg

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-Sama like the sports festival bit
I think it's a testament to the writing and panelling that the manga is as funny as it is because it's like 90 chapters in and the art is still uhhhh below my expectations let's say. the anime being as beautiful and striking as it is is a vast improvement.

that said i was cracking up so hard at papa shirogane just messing with kaguya-sama. like actual laugh-out-loud guffawing. it was grand

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is it just me or does Crunchyroll's manga app suck? It gets stuck (when logged in) like 75% of the time, and I have no idea if it's because their servers are overloaded or what.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or does Crunchyroll's manga app suck? It gets stuck (when logged in) like 75% of the time, and I have no idea if it's because their servers are overloaded or what.
It's terrible, they never improved it since launch. Which is a shame because despite it being mostly a dumping ground for Kodansha Simulpubs it has some genuinely great series.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I reached the last available chapter of Kaguya.
I repeat myself: how could I live without knowing it?? It's simply amazing and the author is a genius. I had so much fun and laughed so many times reading this manga, it has been perfect to read while relaxing during the current exam session. It already went up to my personal top list (which is particular and really subjective, I admit, for example the head position is at the moment occupied by Assassination Classroom), I'm looking forward to seeing how it will continue!

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
TIL there is such a thing as late night anime. Guess this is where bouncy tits and demon lords with busy hands are shown. I always thought this stuff was shown like whenever during waking hours.
Its also when stuff like Jojo's was shown as well if memory serves. Generally speaking, late night tv slots in Japan are for things that are either to sexually explicit or violent for daytime programming.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The only odd thing to me is that I don't think there are any age restrictions on a kid buying Shonen Jump, and Promised Neverland is published there... is it just because the violence is animated?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Its also when stuff like Jojo's was shown as well if memory serves. Generally speaking, late night tv slots in Japan are for things that are either to sexually explicit or violent for daytime programming.
HxH' s anime had to be moved from prime time to late night because they had so many complaints over the violence.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Hello yes I don't normally post here but I need to vent somewhere.

Blue Flag/Ao No Flag 41

I AM IN PAIN AHHHHHH

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Flag 41
I'm so glad that they didn't go with a cop-out after the end of last chapter, and instead of giving us the immediate aftermath, skipping ahead a few days so everyone can process it

Oct 25, 2017
It's been too many chapters since Robin has been introduced for you guys to still not know to look at her nose. She's literally the only character in the entire series, aside from her mom, with a nose like she has. It's incredibly distinctive

Still looks the same. Any nuances of Robin's character design have been shaved down over the years

Dy2-hE9U0AEjquB.jpg

Dy2-hlkUYAAjSvC.jpg

Yeah that nose looks real different! If only the mouth, hair, eyes, hairline and eyebrows didnt look the exact same!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is really hard to them apart if you are new to the series but once you learn the nose trickit is really easy
Now nami is much harder. It also doesn't help that much more characters follow the nami archetype instead of robin's

Oct 25, 2017
Dude they look the same. It might be the geisha outfit and Robin's character design changing but you'd never confuse Luffy, Zoro, Sanji or Usopp with any new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.