• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 176-177:
Lol it feels like the first chapter was directly made to address Osamu criticisms from the last match. And to top it off we get Ikoma back next match with our introduction to he mysterious Yuba squad. Also it's always awkward when you run into rivals when eating out.

Also also please tell me they are going to actually have Hyuse wear that shirt.
QM3vh0Wl.png

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
^ Incredible shirt
World Trigger 176+177
This month in world trigger: guiding the flow of information. Some nice Osamu moments. Line up for the final match is looking pretty good. Glad it'll be another four team round. Yuba the wildcard.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
^ Incredible shirt
World Trigger 176+177
This month in world trigger: guiding the flow of information. Some nice Osamu moments. Line up for the final match is looking pretty good. Glad it'll be another four team round. Yuba the wildcard.
Yuba desperately needs to salvage the reputation of gunners that dual wield pistols that Chano Squad and Yuiga dragged through the mud.

But I'm expecting their ace to be the girl on their team that's an All Rounder. Because that's Ashihara's favorite.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So I've never read manga before and have the Berserk Deluxe Vol. 1 arriving whenever Amazon ships the pre-order as my very first taste.

But I have also had a few sets on my wishlist for awhile now and am sort of ready to pull the trigger on at least one.

-Akira Boxset
-Alita Boxset
-GitS Boxset

Any recommendations on which is best to dive in first for a newcomer? I am familiar with the anime and popularity for all three(90's stuff and I really loved GitS: SAC), but curious as to thoughts on the manga side for each.

(Not super interested in Shounen stuff personally. But should also mention that Nausicaa, Lone Wolf + Cub, and Blade of the Immortal are also in consideration as I do research on beloved recommendations and see those pop-up often.) Thanks for any insight.

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought and read all the English volumes of A Bride's Story, Yotsuba&!, and Delicious in Dungeon. The wait for the next volumes are killing me. They don't even have an ETA yet, as far as I can see.

Oct 25, 2017
ne0;lation 11

Incredible racing and hacking. Face-palmed at Brother Taa's friends(?) who bet against him. Hope they were lying or something.

I love the crow imagery still going on. Neo is the best.

World Trigger

Hyuse plot resolved fast and also the weird feeling Mikumo had. Ah I wish we had some action, but cant complain with two chapters again. Still guessing all of this was written at least during his time away and he probably had sketched it every now and then.

Ninomiya and the suits squad cant wait to see them again.

BLue Exorcist

Aw I was hoping for a tiny bit more to see Yukio's birth, instead of getting kicked back to the present.

Truly a Satan baby, all that carnage Rin caused.

Owari no Serafu
D0wtXDNWwAIGm2b.png:small

Mika just needs to stay tethered to Yuu's hip or something, he keeps being captured or etc and this is just insane.

And finally the Hyakuya sect lives!

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018
The Last Saiyuki 1

A fine first chapter for a new series.The art was pretty good, story is just interesting enough that I want to see what happens next, and the main character Ryunosuke is alright so far.
That storeroom sequence was rather messed though. Like I get that Ryunosuke screwed up but to lock him up in a really dark storeroom for who knows how long until he starts to go insane seems like a rather steep punishment if you ask me.
Of the recent new manga series in Jump will say that to me this one had the better start.

Oct 25, 2017
Higuma 10

That trail of tears from higuma when he was stabbed and endured all that she said, crying.

Act-Age 55
D0w335HW0AEBLL2.png:small

Glad that Michael Bay was mentioned. Hope this school arc last and Yoshioka ends up being the friend. Not these two class skippers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsawman 12

I can not believe the touch bewbies plot is actually still sticking around, I hate the manipulative boss girl and how she is playing into this dumb plot more and more. I wish Denji would get a better dream or something.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The Last Saiyuki 1

A fine first chapter for a new series.The art was pretty good, story is just interesting enough that I want to see what happens next, and the main character Ryunosuke is alright so far.
That storeroom sequence was rather messed though. Like I get that Ryunosuke screwed up but to lock him up in a really dark storeroom for who knows how long until he starts to go insane seems like a rather steep punishment if you ask me.
Of the recent new manga series in Jump will say that to me this one had the better start.
"Translation and Lettering: Pinkie-chan"

Uh, alrighty then lol.

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Saiyuki 1

Weird concept that gives Ryunnosuke no say so in the matter of the person he wants to love. Disappointing to ruin such a concept with this. Wonder how the exorcism aspect will continue to play out...unless there are other divine beings. Really just another Twin Star Exorcists.

Ryunnosuke is the only good aspect.

Dec 28, 2018
Neolation 9-11

Guess this is a car racing manga now. Got introduced to Brother Taa and I don't like him very much. I despise pervert characters so I can't say I'll ever care for him. Boogie the villain of this car race is meh so far as well. Chapters were decent enough though I am starting to lose interest in the series again. Feel like the main villain is going to end up being the saving grace of this arc.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 176/177
I like how even if Osamu got wrecked non-stop and barely contributed, he doesn't give that a spare thought afterwards. Got to wait a month for the most awkward dinner now.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Saiyuki 01
I hope the jump editors are aware that they are already serializing a work where the protagonist carries around their (mostly) silent sister who has powers that need to be hidden /s

Anyways, thought it was a pretty good first chapter. The implications of the opening color pages are a nice hook that are contextualized after having read the full chapter. I wonder how long until the story reaches that point (if ever)?

Did nothing get cancelled for this new serialization round?
Act Age 55
New arc is already promising. Props to the author for making the 'go to school and be normal' direction immediately compelling.

Sumo 231
Will never tire of the two page spreads in this series. I have no idea what this press conference could be about besides goading jino.

Higuma 10
I'd say the Kitsune encounter was a step up over the previous one, but the series isn't grabbing me as much as I would have liked. Hopefully it can build some momentum off of the development in the final page of this chapter.

Beastars 118
1st half of series: Legosi is insane!
2nd half of series: Legosi is insane...and I am concerned.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
last saiyuki
this... actually looks kinda promising?
artstyle seems super 90s though, and the main characters are in grade school? aren't jump's main readers like middle school?
guessing the protagonist and his dad are descendants of sun wu kong (the dad even used the staff) and koharu is a descendant of tang san zang

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
This has been going on for the past few weeks or so, but would someone be able to check why the RSS feed for the WordPress blog delivers everything twice please? Thanks.

Also, for some reason, the items on the feed seem to expire after a month. Is this intentional?

Oct 25, 2017
Rain Light Novel Author Takumi Yoshino Passes Away

I'm not familiar with her work and It's even sad she was barely notable to everyone. It's just eerie to think about it. Regardless, a very brief info about her incredible work of the past:

The publisher noted that Yoshino began serializing novels on his personal website in 2000. Yoshino's Ame no Hi ni Umareta Rain (Rain Born on a Rainy Day) novel became popular online around that time. Alphapolis began publishing the work under the title Rain in 2005. The novel series' 15 compiled book volumes have more than 1.3 million copies in print. The publisher also described Yoshino as a pioneer of the currently popular method of distributing light novel series online.

In addition, the publisher Mag Garden, which releases Megumi Sumikawa's manga adaptation of the novels, released a similar condolence message on February 20. Both publishers and Sumikawa said they were surprised by the sudden news of Yoshino's death. Sumikawa added in a tribute message that she will continue to draw the manga as a way to thank Yoshino for working together over the past 10 years.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone has bought the new edition for Aria? I hope the translation is good, it's one my favorite manga.

By the way I'm good if I wait a couple of months since each release? They are quite expensive, but I don't want it happen me the same as Hoshi no Samidare ;_;

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Saiyuki seems pretty promising. I hope they don't just forget that the dad is a pretty terrible dad, though. I feel like that's something that would happen.

I've only started reading ACT-AGE since a bit before Jump became free, so I'm not super familiar with the characters. That said, this new Friendship is Magic "make some friends!" arc seems pretty fun.

Neolation is eh. But from the sound of things, I'm glad I dropped Chainsawman instead of this.

So I see I started Kimetsu no Yaiba right in the middle of its final arc. It's a shame, it's been pretty cool from what I read, but also, it's neat that they're sticking to making these guys the final bosses.

Jujutsu Kaisen has been pretty cool (also started recently). I love when villains have nature powers.

Higuma has been alright, but I think it has a lot of potential.

We Never Learn has been fun (also started recently). I guess I just didn't realize I wanted this kind of series.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
saw a page from the one shot version of last saiyuki
seems like it was more light hearted compared to chapter 1?

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Oh nice, that free Baki storage box I redeemed ages ago just arrived at my parcel forwarder. It means they managed to read the handwritten address on the letter I sent lol

I had a look on Twitter and it looks like this:

It looks pretty tacky but at least I'll have something to store the volumes in haha.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Someone has bought the new edition for Aria? I hope the translation is good, it's one my favorite manga.

By the way I'm good if I wait a couple of months since each release? They are quite expensive, but I don't want it happen me the same as Hoshi no Samidare ;_;

Wow had no idea Aria was being republished. I have all the original Tokyopop volumes so hopefully 3rd time is a charm and it gets finished this time (and I can buy 7-12!).

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Any one know if they're said anything about technical improvements to the app yet? It really needs a chapter marker per series considering the length of most SJ titles.
They've just updated it and it runs much better (iPad mini) and they've finally added a continue reading section on the home page.

what was the last chapter they did i assume 87, since 88-89 are the only ones that dont have the random placeholder 2015 date.
They last chapter they did was 89, chapter 90 is a new one with the next one coming Mar. 18 so thankfully we don't have to wait for volume releases for new chapters.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll start reading OPM again now that it's in the vault. Are they completely caught up or are they lagging behind like they were in WSJ?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Black clover is such nonsensical garbage at time wtf were these past two chapters.

The series is finally doing stuff to make itself feel less like a rip off of Naruto or Fairy Tail, going full Tolkien by introducing these new groups. I thought the last couple chapters were neat, and hilarious. "This is for the vitamins!" LOL.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Platinum End 39
This isn't a chapter which an author can write light-heartedly. As usual, Ohba is able to convey strong messages and I really liked this chapter, it is one of the best of this series, which because of comparison with Death Note, because it is monthly and in part because a pacing not always perfect isn't so famous.

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins Holy fucking shit this chapter was amazing. Also I guess we're never getting those sin chapters for Merlin or Escanor unless the big bad is actually a mini boss to.... I dunno an eviler god? and there needs to be some heroic sacrifices.

Platinum End 39
This isn't a chapter which an author can write light-heartedly. As usual, Ohba is able to convey strong messages and I really liked this chapter, it is one of the best of this series, which because of comparison with Death Note, because it is monthly and in part because a pacing not always perfect isn't so famous.

I forgot this even existed. Which is weird cause I enjoyed what I read of it even if I thought it was kinda too weird for me overall.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
To Your Eternity 94
The last few months of chapters focused on rebuilding/prepping the town have been good and fine, but I sure am excited to see a certain plot thread move forward with that final page (though as the battle just started it's still going to be a minute before Immo finds out).

Status
Not open for further replies.