• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Eden's Zero still has a lot of gratuitous fan service, even if it's more reserved then Fairy Tail. I agree it's in between rave master and fairy tail, but it's closer to the latter then the former.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Eden's Zero still has a lot of gratuitous fan service, even if it's more reserved then Fairy Tail. I agree it's in between rave master and fairy tail, but it's closer to the latter then the former.
From what I remember Rave didn't really have that much fanservice and I can only remember one moment off the top of my head, which I'm not sure I would really count.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but Eden Zero could have a character just permanently be naked and still have less fanservice than current Fairy Tail, so it's not like I'm saying it doesn't have a lot of it.

Well it's been what, 30+ chapters so far? Give it time to catch up

Though I admit, orgasm magic may be a tough one to top

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really saying Eden Zero is better in terms of fan service than FT is more just damning FT because Edens Zero is still really fucking bad in that regard

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
It's only been a month or two since the Eden's Zero narrator showed up and apologized in advance that the story was going to exceedingly sadistic (after an arc that was already sadistic!) so I am still scared and afraid.

Beastars 123
Room 701 reunion was nice. Close to getting too deep at the end.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's only been a month or two since the Eden's Zero narrator showed up and apologized in advance that the story was going to exceedingly sadistic (after an arc that was already sadistic!) so I am still scared and afraid.

Beastars 123
Room 701 reunion was nice.
That was referring to the villain of the current arc.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeshield 21 240-335 (END)

I watched the anime and then moved to the manga to read what wasn't adapted. The final championship game was fantastic and the final all stars game was a ton of fun. Honestly my only complaint is that Sena didn't end up with Suzuna even though I felt like they were hinting at that the whole series. A great sports series where I ended up loving all the characters. Will miss watching and reading about the Devil Bats, Ya Ha.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Eyeshield 21 240-335 (END)

I watched the anime and then moved to the manga to read what wasn't adapted. The final championship game was fantastic and the final all stars game was a ton of fun. Honestly my only complaint is that Sena didn't end up with Suzuna even though I felt like they were hinting at that the whole series. A great sports series where I ended up loving all the characters. Will miss watching and reading about the Devil Bats, Ya Ha.

It's you're not reading dr stone you should, it's the same writer and the strong, large cast of characters is something that series excels at too.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spy x Family #2

Do a favor to yourself, pick your phone, download Shueisha's Mangaplus, go to the Jump Plus section and read this manga. Best new series of 2019, it's great with it's comedy, story, characters and all. The ring part at the end was amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Ne0;lation 16

Incredibly emotional backstory and conclusion, one of the few times love has worked in jump.

enjoyed the overheating phone, never gets old.

Higuma 15

Auntie why!!!! She didnt need to die like this!

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chainsawman #17

man I'm really loving this series, the main cast is great and I really like how they bounce off one another

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 60

I dont know, felt kind of forced and unnatural that this ghost club member would suddenly do this and confront her, like he wasn't shown before ever paying attention to anyone in the club, and he only met them once, right?

Chainsawman 17

Weird pacing, what was the point of doing the contract, the demon was just going to get impatient within pages. Baggling writing.

Last Saiyuki 6

Weird to have Sai just suddenly appear in the house and I hope we dont have the dad die, was really liking the series by having him stick around.

Cute best friends moment in the chapter too. Made me tear up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but you can read it on their website? why do you need to download it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this. It's just that I read on my phone so it was what came to mind haha

Chainsawman #17

man I'm really loving this series, the main cast is great and I really like how they bounce off one another

Same. Power is my favorite thing on this series, even more because of her interactions with Denji like she wanting to do wrestling or talking about killing him but then just resting her shoulders on him. lol

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the Food Wars chapter countdown was a fake leak?

Spy x Family 02
Continues to be very funny. That ring lol. Looking forward to more.

Dr. Stone 100
Great chapter. Reminiscent of a moment in a recent jojo episode, but this took a fitting turn for ginro.

Tough draw for team civilization. Almost wouldn't have been surprised if Tsukasa somehow got wheeled out onto the boat.

ne0 16
:(

Jujutsu Kaisen 54

Great little baseball chapter.
Kugisaki charging the mound at a pitching machine got a good laugh from me.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It's too bad the end of this flash back in neolation will probably mark the end of the series :/ flash has been pretty damn good

Dec 28, 2018
Neolation

Caught back up to this manga and I think I'm gonna drop it for good. Found the whole car race to be a snore fest and felt like it went on for longer than it needed. The flashback was decent but it still doesn't change my opinion on Neo who is still just a unlikeable and overall subpar mc. Doesn't help that I don't care for any of the side characters as I find them to all be subpar as well. Only thing that interested me this arc was the main villain introduced earlier on. But he's been pretty much mia for a while now and I don't think I have enough patience to wait for his return anymore. This manga has just been meh in general and I don't see it getting good enough any time soon for me to want to go back to it ever.

Yui Kamio Lets Loose

Gonna drop this manga as well I've just found it to be bad. None of the jokes, characters, or story so far has done anything for me. Feel like it would have been more tolerable if it just focused on the two main girls instead of the guy.

The Last Saiyuki

Thankfully this manga continues to still be good. Things got really intense at the end of the latest chapter and I wonder how there going to get out of this pickle.

Spy X Family 2

This might just be my new favourite manga it's been so great so far.
And using a grenade pin as a wedding ring is more romantic than one might think.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck, it wasn't a April joke, it really is going to became reality lol

Shonen Jump & Shonen Magazine are going to launch a site to allow readers to read manga. Opens today till June 10th.

It will contain manga from Weekly Shonen Jump, Shonen Jump + (from the app and website), Weekly Shonen Magazine, Bessatsu Shonen Magazine & Magazine Pocket (from the app and website). Only in Japanese for now but whoa, that's unexpected.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
What the fuck, it wasn't a April joke, it really is going to became reality lol

Shonen Jump & Shonen Magazine are going to launch a site to allow readers to read manga. Opens today till June 10th.

It will contain manga from Weekly Shonen Jump, Shonen Jump + (from the app and website), Weekly Shonen Magazine, Bessatsu Shonen Magazine & Magazine Pocket (from the app and website). Only in Japanese for now but whoa, that's unexpected.

lol you need to say you're under 23 to have access to it

Edit: Had a quick look through it and there's nothing that immediately jumped out at me. There's some cool stuff there though, if you haven't read AOT yet for example the first 66(!) chapters are all free for example. That's a shitton of pages.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
lol you need to say you're under 23 to have access to it

Edit: Had a quick look through it and there's nothing that immediately jumped out at me. There's some cool stuff there though, if you haven't read AOT yet for example the first 66(!) chapters are all free for example. That's a shitton of pages.

It sucks that crunchyroll can no longer have the full back log for stuff like aot and 7ds. They were ahead of their time and now feel fairly regressive in the face of what viz/jump are doing.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks that crunchyroll can no longer have the full back log for stuff like aot and 7ds. They were ahead of their time and now feel fairly regressive in the face of what viz/jump are doing.
Crunchyroll's manga subscription will never stop being a massive disappointment to me. Even now they still have some good series held back by terrible infrastructure and never being a priority within the company. Especially with them being part of a much larger company I'd say you can forget about it. It hasn't worked properly in months.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun 81 Spoilers

Crying Miku. Depressed Miku. :(

On behalf of the Itsuki Restaurant I would like to offer catering services to the forces of the Yokuza, the Nino Gang, and the Miku Church during the war against the Ichika Inquisition.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Saiyuki - I just knew DTL would like that scene with the friend. This series continues to be good. ToC listings this early in the series don't actually reflect how well it's ranking, right? In any case, good to see it higher than the other new series.

neolation - Tired of putting in the 0 and ;. Anyway, good that we see more of the hero's emotional range, but still not a fan.

Higuma - Decent enough, and I like the intrigue with Enma, though if this series continued that just would mean it would go the "hero fights his own organization" route way quicker than usual.

Yui Kamio - Still bad. Get a new gimmick already!

Other manga were good or as expected. Special props to Act-Age for hanging in there with no fighting.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Destroy All HumanKind. They Can't Be regenerated 05
KDGBGgQ.png

Very glad they managed to squeeze in the still-to-this-day weirdness of going up to the pairings, seeing who you are playing, and having to go "Steve! I'm looking for a Steve!" thing.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The Last Saiyuki - I just knew DTL would like that scene with the friend. This series continues to be good. ToC listings this early in the series don't actually reflect how well it's ranking, right? In any case, good to see it higher than the other new series.

neolation - Tired of putting in the 0 and ;. Anyway, good that we see more of the hero's emotional range, but still not a fan.

Higuma - Decent enough, and I like the intrigue with Enma, though if this series continued that just would mean it would go the "hero fights his own organization" route way quicker than usual.

Yui Kamio - Still bad. Get a new gimmick already!

Other manga were good or as expected. Special props to Act-Age for hanging in there with no fighting.

I believe it's week/chapter 8 that we start to see a series ranked. Generally around week/chapter 11-12 we know if a series has much life left on this earth or not.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Are there any good Sci-Fi manga series out at the moment? Preferably ones that are officially translated and available on the Kindle store.

Something along the lines of Star Trek/Star Wars/Mass Effect rather than just Mecha.

I'm just really in the mood for something Sci-Fi at the moment.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Bijin Onna Joushi Takizawa-san

Man, why is this manga so short?

Does the mangaka have another job or something? :(

Nagatoro

TO YOU, 2000 YEARS FROM NOW

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Are there any good Sci-Fi manga series out at the moment? Preferably ones that are officially translated and available on the Kindle store.

Something along the lines of Star Trek/Star Wars/Mass Effect rather than just Mecha.

I'm just really in the mood for something Sci-Fi at the moment.

Check out astra lost in space, series is complete and available for free in the us on viz's shonen jump app.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some interestings results yet again this year for the manga market. Which always reminds me on how much I see people saying that there's no digital manga or magazines on Japan when it's there for 5 years already, including manga apps like shonen jump+ lol Anyway, only the most popular physical magazines will remain in the next 10-20 years, while the rest will be digital on apps and websites.

The All Japan Magazine and Book Publisher's and Editor's Association (AJPEA) released a report on February 25 that estimated that physical and digital manga sales increased by 1.9% in 2018. The market totaled 441.4 billion yen (about US$3.96 billion) in 2018, compared to 433.0 billion yen (about US$3.88 billion) in 2017.

Physical manga compiled book volumes (tankōbon) accounted for 158.8 billion yen (about US$1.42 billion; a 4.7% decrease compared to the previous year), while physical manga magazine sales dropped to 82.4 billion yen (about US$739 million; a 10.1% decrease). Digital compiled book sales totaled 196.5 billion yen (about US$1.76 billion; a 14.8% increase), and digital manga magazine sales reached 3.7 billion yen (about US$33.2 million; a 2.8% increase).

The digital manga market accounted for 44.9% of the manga market overall in 2018. The estimated totals for the digital market do not include advertising revenue from free or paid apps.

AJPEA had released a report in December 2017 that estimated physical sales of manga book volumes decreased by 12% from January to November of that year.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
ONE's OPM

Holy shit new chapter

edit:
Last Saiyuki

this... is actually pretty good?
gonna follow it now
saw a page from the one-shot version of the manga, i thought it's going to be genki cheery happy stuff but i guess the editor told the mangaka to go the dark route
i like how quickly the son goku connection got cut lol

Last edited:

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chainsaw man 17
This is great so far, I love the interaction between the characters (specially power and denji)

I hope the series survive long enough

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Sky Feeling Vol 2
D3wCuoGWsAYmZcM.jpg

Emotional, but wow at the pacing,stunned that he came out to someone else in just the 2nd volume, though considering the circumstances and how open Morinaga is it wasn't surprising. Sanada and Morinaga is my otp, so here's hoping they date temporarily...which would happen if this was one of the western high school gay books I read, but...this is a manga with a very limited chapter count and characters that seem pretty set on the type they like (both Sanada and Morinaga seem to like the more built guys like Noshiro so :( )

Sometimes Noshiro makes me mad since he does some pretty odd things that end up hurting Sanada and giving him emotions, that festival date with Ayumi was pretty harsh and I got sad cause of what he had to go through, and then seeing him frustrated, still they did eventually make up and grow somewhat closer,.

Still some of the stuff Sanada did, camouflage, taking a step back in friendship moments when people are talking about things only non gays would like, etc, relatable. Do wonder if this is written based on the writers IRL situations.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru (End of the anime to current)
So after watching the anime recently I decided to pick up the Chihayafuru manga where the anime left off. And I have to say the story arcs that followed were strong enough to cement my opinion of this being overall very good sports series. The third Omi Jingu tournament in particular really blew the other two out of the water by well not having Chihaya passed out or injured in one of the tournaments. And by actually giving Arata a compelling challenge with him having to lead his own team in the tournament and finding new strength individually through his team after Chihaya handily defeats him. This is one top of Chihaya really showing her stuff as someone who wants to be a Karuta adviser and finally giving us a true follow up match with Shinobu after the let down of having to see her play Shinobu injured the previous match. We even get to see Hyoro finally get his due in leading his new team to victory after so much suffering. I was also pretty impressed with how Taichi's whole arc was handled. I know the conclusion of his third match against Arata at the Meijin qualifier has been seen as divisive, but seeing him finally being set free and realize that his youth spent of kurata wasn't wasted due to all the people he became close to was satisfying. And Taichi's arc allowed Suo to become really likable and bring him down to earth.

Now I also want to talk about a big problem I had with the manga and that is character juggling. It wasn't until Tamaru joined and seeing her mesh with the remainder of the kurata club third years that I realized that Tsukuba and Sumire didn't really bring much to the table. Tsukuba more or less existed to be a warm body on the team while another third year couldn't play and I'm hard pressed to remember a match he won that wasn't an off screen individual tournament. Sumire's potential being another data gatherer for the team didn't pan out past the second tournament and her playing skill didn't really improve at all. The other three newbies are pretty nothing but at least Tamaru was good enough to really fill a team roll despite losing a good bit and had some ambition. It was a bit weird to have her in the final East queen qualifier match against Chihaya because it definitely didn't have the intensity of Rion v Chihaya before, but it at least gave her something.

That and I kind of want to complain about Yumi and Megumu basically being shoved off into irrelevancy despite beating Chihaya there first time around and being hyped as queen challengers. I can see why Yumi was replaced because Inokuma was the more interesting at hand Ex Queen and even gets to stick around and practice with Chihaya. I probably would have preferred a revenge match against Megumu for the Queen challenger match however since Momo despite having an interesting connection to Shinobu didn't offer much to Chihaya as an opponent. Chihaya struggled more against the reader than Momo herself, so it jsut kind of made for a weirdly unexciting match.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shonen Jump Issue #20 TOC

The Promised Neverland (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
One Piece
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
We Never Learn
act-age (Color Page)
Saigo no Saiyuuki
Black Clover
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Jujutsu Kaisen
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings (Color Page)
Chainsaw Man
Shokugeki no Soma
Hinomaru Zumo (Color Page)
Shishunki Renaissance! David-kun
Gokutei Higuma
ne0;lation
Jimoto ga Japan

Issue 21 Preview

Cover & Lead Color Page: Jujutsu Kaisen
Color Page: Boruto; act-age; Haikyuu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.