• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
For me Pervy shit in Chainsawman works better than most series because Denji isn't forcing himself on the girls in this series, he's just a regular Pervy guy that at least knows restraint, and in the end it's as a joke at his expense since he seems to be getting screwed over alot

Dec 28, 2018
For me Pervy shit in Chainsawman works better than most series because Denji isn't forcing himself on the girls in this series, he's just a regular Pervy guy that at least knows restraint, and in the end it's as a joke at his expense since he seems to be getting screwed over alot
No matter how well or poorly a manga handles its perverted elements doesn't matter as it's ultimately useless garbage that adds nothing of value to the story. So I'm very doubtful Chainsaw Man would be worse off if it abandoned the pervy stuff or hadn't included it in the first place.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
My biggest issue with Chainsaw Man isn't even with the series itself. It's with the series' small yet obsessed fanbase.

As seems to be becoming more and more the case nowadays, something can't just be "good" anymore. Denji can't just be a decent or good MC. He's the greatest MC in all of Jump (maybe even ever!). The series can't just be good or very good. It's one of best series in Jump (maybe even a masterpiece!).

And all with only 21 chapters. Who'd have thunk it?

While this is true for other (more recent) series as well, it's only exacerbated for CM because of how the author attracts his audience with the edgy and sexual themes.

It was apparently a very similar situation with Fire Punch (the author's previous work), so I really shouldn't be at all surprised.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue with Chainsaw Man isn't even with the series itself. It's with the series' small yet obsessed fanbase.

As seems to be becoming more and more the case nowadays, something can't just be "good" anymore. Denji can't just be a decent or good MC. He's the greatest MC in all of Jump (maybe even ever!). The series can't just be good or very good. It's one of best series in Jump (maybe even a masterpiece!).

And all with only 21 chapters. Who'd have thunk it?

While this is true for other (more recent) series as well, it's only exacerbated for CM because of how the author attracts his audience with the edgy and sexual themes.

It was apparently a very similar situation with Fire Punch (the author's previous work), so I really shouldn't be at all surprised.
Generally this mellows out once a series gets an (at least decent quality) anime and the fanbase grows to the point that the obsessives get drowned out.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Generally this mellows out once a series gets an (at least decent quality) anime and the fanbase grows to the point that the obsessives get drowned out.
Idk. I feel like it's only going to get worse given the nature of the series, but we'll see.

In eight chapters from now, I'm curious to see how Japanese readers reacted to this one lol.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Idk. I feel like it's only going to get worse given the nature of the series, but we'll see.

In eight chapters from now, I'm curious to see how Japanese readers reacted to this one lol.
If the Akame ga Kill fanbase mellowed out then this one will definitely mellow out. And that that series was Edgy with a capital E.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
No matter how well or poorly a manga handles its perverted elements doesn't matter as it's ultimately useless garbage that adds nothing of value to the story. So I'm very doubtful Chainsaw Man would be worse off if it abandoned the pervy stuff or hadn't included it in the first place.
Well currently it's being used as a plot device to give the main character motivation without actually giving him a legit motivation, I believe sooner or later that'll run its course and they'll give Denji a legit Motive for the story, Denji character itself doesn't bother me because he is one of the more tamer perverted characters in anime, he doesn't cross the line for me like other characters like Meliodus and Mineta

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Akame ga Kill fanbase mellowed out because both the anime and manga went to shit
I mean, it was kind of always shit, but it was really fun shit. It's just that most of the likable characters were dead towards the end.

Like the sales pitch of the series was "We became murderers to get revenge on a corrupt society. We do the dirty work that no one else can do."

It was like pure unadulterated teenage angst became a series.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't just that, the manga had stuff like "meet dog" and that fucking clown scene
"Meet Dog" was fairly early one in the series though. Chapter 23.5 from looking it back up.

Also while I still remember the pedophile rapist clown I had forgotten about "Meet Dog". Jesus that shit was edgy.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Togashi embracing his inner Ito and Miura.

iSJafUN.png

wRaIqRM.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, looks like David is probably ending soon.

o4RAhjC.png

Damn you, "I'm from Japan", and your tourism connection.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 157:
yJm39qMl.png

r9ufh8Ul.png

God damn, I was half expecting #2 here to burst into flames just from Kanao roasting him like that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I looked up Chainsaw Man and it looks like edgy teenage shit.

Can't wait to read it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Hell Warden Higuma ended, but is getting a special epilogue chapter in July which is interesting. How often does that happen for series that get shit canned?

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Samurai 8
Pretty Meh start, wasn't a fan of the art this chapter but maybe the artist will get better overtime, I don't really like the way the powers look in this series and the the main character isn't interesting in the slightest. It also seems like Kishimoto is taking from One Piece instead of HxH this time, making the series one big adventure trying to find a specific thing, I don't know if this is good or not but we'll have to just wait and see
I think the adventure aspect may be more dragon ball.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some absolute megaton bombs dropping in the 5Toubun discord as spoilers from the Ch 85 raw are coming in.

Ichika was not lying when she said she was lolikano. Apparently, she recognized him when she saw him with the blonde wig during the school camp trip, in the forest

Multiple lolikanos confirmed - timeline being pieced together and is a work in progress, may not be 100% accurate. Seems that he met at least 3 of the quints:

Yotsuba - Lolikano on day 1 and in the picture. She bought the charms. She excitedly told her sisters about the boy she met later on.

Ichika - Lolikano on day 2. She's possibly the one playing cards with him in the living room. As yotsuba mentioned, Ichika stole a friend from her - that friend was Fuutarou.

Itsuki - Lolikano on day 3. Told Fuutarou he was needed and caused him to become studious.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Some absolute megaton bombs dropping in the 5Toubun discord as spoilers from the Ch 85 raw are coming in.

Ichika was not lying when she said she was lolikano. Apparently, she recognized him when she saw him with the blonde wig during the school camp trip, in the forest

Multiple lolikanos confirmed - timeline being pieced together and is a work in progress, may not be 100% accurate. Seems that he met at least 3 of the quints:

Yotsuba - Lolikano on day 1 and in the picture. She bought the charms. She excitedly told her sisters about the boy she met later on.

Ichika - Lolikano on day 2. She's possibly the one playing cards with him in the living room. As yotsuba mentioned, Ichika stole a friend from her - that friend was Fuutarou.

Itsuki - Lolikano on day 3. Told Fuutarou he was needed and caused him to become studious.
holy crap

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Lol, this is why this is probably my favorite harem of all time (not saying much). Most of this is actually super unexpected.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this is why this is probably my favorite harem of all time (not saying much). Most of this is actually super unexpected.
This shouldn't be as fun as it is, but it is.

Good characters, breakneck pacing, doesn't lean on fanservice, incorporates the quintuplets nature of the love interests in fun and interesting ways, an MC with personality, and a cool overarching mystery hook to everything (What happened 5 years ago? Who is the bride 5-6 years later? How do we get there?) We genuinely have come to appreciate the characters as individuals and want to see them figure out their medium/long term plans, and see them off on the journey we call adulthood

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed
Act-Age
Black Clover
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Hell Warden Higuma
Jujutsu Kaisen
The Last Saiyuki
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Samurai 8
We Never Learn

Eh
Yui Kamio Lets Loose

I'm pretty surprised Higuma is getting an extra chapter.

The Last Saiyuki is good, but hopefully they stick with this status quo for a bit. It's hard to get a handle on the story when things keep changing. Interesting that the black and white haired guy is actually a little person; you usually don't see that in anime and manga in a hero role outside of Jojo and the context of people shrinking when they get old. Unless 30's counts as old enough for that.

Yui Kamio presents a major issue with the premise, in that Black Haired Yui doesn't actually seem like that big a problem, so why the hell use the chains on her?

And dare I ask what happened in Chainsawman?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed
Act-Age
Black Clover
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Hell Warden Higuma
Jujutsu Kaisen
The Last Saiyuki
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Samurai 8
We Never Learn

Eh
Yui Kamio Lets Loose

I'm pretty surprised Higuma is getting an extra chapter.

The Last Saiyuki is good, but hopefully they stick with this status quo for a bit. It's hard to get a handle on the story when things keep changing. Interesting that the black and white haired guy is actually a little person; you usually don't see that in anime and manga in a hero role outside of Jojo and the context of people shrinking when they get old. Unless 30's counts as old enough for that.

Yui Kamio presents a major issue with the premise, in that Black Haired Yui doesn't actually seem like that big a problem, so why the hell use the chains on her?

And dare I ask what happened in Chainsawman?
barf, barf happened

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Samurai 8 was a mess to follow. Of course when most jump series are delivering, my expectations get pretty high.

It looks like everyone is fighting in naruto sage mode. At least the cat mascot is good.

One Piece, Promised Neverland and Dr. Stone are like my standard top 3, really incredible chapters. But also Hinomaru, Black Clover, Yaiba and MHA keep delivering. David ending is sad, it had a good balance of comedy and drama. Soma and Haikyu are always a whatever for me, for different reasons. Like I enjoy reading them, but they seem forgettable next to the rest. I'm from Japan is the weird stuff I'm glad is there, even if it's hit or miss.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost in the Shell 2 ch. 1-3

It's been a while since I read the first GitS manga but I certainly don't remember it being this verbose and dense. I'm really just glazing over the techno-babble and trying to parse our the major incidents in the story. I had to look up a Wiki Page just to figure out who the Major is working for.

And that art... somewhere in chapter 3 I realized it's mostly just CG backgrounds (I guess the CG is pretty good for 1997) with Masamune chicks on top of them. What happened with that dude? Everything I've see from him after GitS 1 and maybe Dominion is just... hentai basically.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Slam Dunk (entire series)

I've recently finished reading the entire manga for the first time in less than 2 month (my personal record for a manga of this length) and I loved it! I liked it far more than I've expected.
It's not my first sports manga I've read, but this is probably my favourite one with Captain Tsubasa and Eyeshield 21 being close second.

Only thing that disappointed me was the end of the manga. The Sannoh game was the best I've read, but that was it. The story is done with that, which doesn't make much sense to me. There was no closure. I want to see how far tensai Sakuragi would make it in the high school basketball world.

Now to search for a new manga series to read.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Apparently this is a 'yuri harem' manga that just launched in Jump Plus and is basically about the protag moving into a new apartment and hearing the couple next door boning and being super fucking awkward. With a start I realised I can actually read almost every piece of the preview pages so I might try and figure out how the eff to sub to read this digitally I guess.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
There's panting coming from the room next door... 1
Looks like it's just up on Jump Plus here, at least the first chapter.

Pretty cute. Protag is friggin adorabley naieve. I didn't bother looking up any words on this read but I'll probably have to soon because a lot of stuff I'm just getting lost about cos I don't recognise the kanji

Warning: extremely lewd kissing

Ghost in the Shell 2 ch. 1-3
What happened with that dude? Everything I've see from him after GitS 1 and maybe Dominion is just... hentai basically.

wasnt masamune always a super hentai duder

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
There's panting coming from the room next door... 1
Looks like it's just up on Jump Plus here, at least the first chapter.

Pretty cute. Protag is friggin adorabley naieve. I didn't bother looking up any words on this read but I'll probably have to soon because a lot of stuff I'm just getting lost about cos I don't recognise the kanji

Warning: extremely lewd kissing
Looks fun, hopefully it'll get published on mangaplus.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
The Seven Deadly Sins

So uh...that happened.

If Ellie just got legit smashed by a rock with no takebacks...the balls on that mangaka lol.

Guess we aren't done after all!

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins

FUCKING WHAT?!?!?!? I'm laughing so hard right now, I can't think fo the last time a manga ever did a fake ass epilogue like this.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
The Seven Deadly Sins

What. WHAT.

If Nakaba really spent like twenty chapters making this look like the end only to say "lol jks" and kill Ellie permanently, then he's ascended beyond Kubo-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.