• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Apparently he said a while ago that he was aiming for 40 volumes, so it makes sense.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the series does continue I hope Arthur comes back so that all the buildup he got doesn't end up being a complete waste

Dec 28, 2018
The Seven Deadly Sins

I went into 310 thinking that it would be the final chapter and that I'd finally be free from this train wreck of a manga but alas the shit show continues onward. Though I'll admit that twist got me good I wasn't expecting that to happen after everything which had occurred beforehand. Kinda curious about how much longer this series will go on for now.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The next arc will probably revolve around the Supreme Diety and the Celestial Realm. That still needs to be addressed before the story can end.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The Seven Deadly Sins
giphy.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
SDS 310

Man if this sticks and the whole epilogue was bullshit bait and we're gonna get another full arc this is Kubo tier master trolling.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The current arc of Grappler Baki is probably the best it's been in years. Seeing a brand new character taking on some old favorites before finding himself before Baki himself who is acting more like his dear old dad is not a surprising take considering how long the series has been around but it is refreshing.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins

*slow clap*

5Toubun 85

Actually, this might be the worst arc of this series so far. Ch. 86 better deliver.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hajime no Ippo 1261

What a fantastic chapter, wrapping up one of the best fights in a long time.

So damn proud of Mashiba. Fuck you Marron.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SDS 310

Man if this sticks and the whole epilogue was bullshit bait and we're gonna get another full arc this is Kubo tier master trolling.

Ehh it was obvious. Manga ends end of summer as he said so around September. Only thing i am shocked about is how he extended the plot, but there are enough open plot points that also have to be resolved. The question is if 20 chapters are enough for Mel to get revenge on the SD and let her rezz Eliz. But the page turn was masterful and brutal.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing about what happened in Seven Sins sounds hilarious.

Kaguya 148

This is depressing. I didn't sign up for this. Prez is overthinking things as usual.

5Toubun 85

Ichika, you made your bed, now sleep in it. Also, lol at that "we played cards one night as kids, I think I fell in love" garbage. I thought this manga was better than that. I knew that the other sisters were assisting Miku with her date, but I hope Miku will be able to stand on her own two feet after this arc. She's been carried by her sisters this whole arc.

Also what the hell happened to that stalker plot line?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Higuma
Yeah I knew this wasn't gonna last long, surprised at 1 more epilogue chapter but I won't even bother with that

Last saiyuki
There's the songoku connection
Surely ryunosuke is the descendant of sanzhang

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Heart Gear 4

Dayum, rip random horse that only appeared for two pages.

Jigokuraku 57

JFC this new Asaemon dude is a real piece of shit. Executing over one hundred people to punish one guy, and not just the men, but the women and children too

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Bloom into You vol 1
I think I complained about this months ago when I first bought this volume but this thing Seven Seas does where they bold and italicise the shit out of things really bugs me. It's not that I object to its usage generally because it looks great when comics and graphic novels do it, but frankly I think they are really overusing it in this. I can't remember if every one of their releases is like that and god, I hope not.

It especially doesn't work for something like this which is fairly gentle in tone and suffers immensely from people randomly emphasising words in their sentences. Save that shit for important dialogue!

Oct 25, 2017
Hitorijime my Hero continues to be one of those BL where the first volume is kind of lame but then the future ones just seem so incredible just because of how it started. Still sometimes it can get kind of messy whenever older Oshiba's friend's get any sort of time, but there moment when they finally confronted both him and Setagawa about their teacher student relationship did finally make the character's work.

VOlume 3 easily best of the volumes.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 148

Prez, what are you even doing? You won already, just say the damn words.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Received some stuff from France :D

nOjPEFs.jpg

I found a smallish store that sends overseas for only €6 so I gave it a try. You can tell it's a small store (the address was even handwritten haha), but the packaging was very good, much better than Amazon fr – the manga are still pristine.

Akira volume 5 is a gift for my brother (this is an ongoing re-edition, I already got him the first four volumes a few months ago and I'll get the last one when it comes out). This thing is absolutely massive though, it's literally the size of 4 normal manga stacked together (twice the area, twice the thickness) lol

Excited to read Lost Children volumes 2 and 3 too, I really enjoyed the first one (made a post about it about a month back).

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
a bit lttp but samurai 8 hachimaruden
the samurai soul/katana/body/locker ball system thing is confusing me too much to enjoy the chapter

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing about what happened in Seven Sins sounds hilarious.

Kaguya 148

This is depressing. I didn't sign up for this. Prez is overthinking things as usual.

5Toubun 85

Ichika, you made your bed, now sleep in it. Also, lol at that "we played cards one night as kids, I think I fell in love" garbage. I thought this manga was better than that. I knew that the other sisters were assisting Miku with her date, but I hope Miku will be able to stand on her own two feet after this arc. She's been carried by her sisters this whole arc.

Also what the hell happened to that stalker plot line?

You can't be serious with this thing with Ichika man. lol She pretty much redeemed herlself in the last two and this one. Of course she (Negi) made her bed, that was her entire development after being selfish for the first time due to Yotsuba and then seeing that she exaggerated on it and that she was in the wrong for what she did. Which is one of the motives for why she's the best character on this manga along Nino.

And "redeemed" in a way because what she did is easily forgivable when she see what she did. It's not in the level of drugging another person.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Level E (16 chapters) - Yoshihiro Togashi

Togashi's forgotten middle child between YYH and HxH. Though to be fair, it's pretty clear that he didn't intend for it to be a mainstream success. It's a passion project through and through. A mishmash of ideas and themes and characters with a very personal touch. The basic premise (numerous species of aliens are on Earth, and only the earthlings are unaware of this) reminded me at first of Men in Black. And the story structure (various story lines and characters) reminded me of the Twilight Zone.

You very much get the sense that it was Togashi writing what he wanted to write, telling the stories he wanted to tell. There are several progenitors to stories, themes, characters, etc. that would eventually show up in HxH.

As is often the case, the art can be inconsistent at times but nevertheless always clear with its intention (below are some of my favorite/noteworthy panels).

Given the length, it's definitely worth checking out, and I hope that Viz picks it up one day for an official release.

wCiQtEK.png

EGDKcdo.png

s3Mnyge.png

These are the double-page spreads you long for.
DsnOSw1.png

f82aq1c.png

Another with mostly text, but:
1hNGPPV.png

it's immediately followed up by this page, which is extremely effective.
K1u1KRF.png

qFkMmA1.png

Can you tell Togashi loves coming up with games?
E3iRpDk.png

Great horror vibes from these.
DQwCcme.png

DOSioYn.png

uvRA27X.png

lHHg2Xk.png

OOuUpem.png

UO71VPH.png

lBiZF89.png

8XU9FSq.png

And then the three author comments from the volumes (as somber as usual lol).

80mfnWB.png

XT0xJG2.png

XWPyjcW.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, since no one posted:

Shonen Jump Issue #25

Futari no Taisei (Cover/Lead Color Page/New Series/54p) by Fukuda Kentarou
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
Samurai 8 Hachimaruden (33p/Color Page)
Black Clover
Jujutsu Kaisen
Haikyuu!!
Chainsaw Man
We Never Learn (Color Page)
Hinomaru Zumou
My Hero Academia
Yuragi sou no Yuna-san
Jimoto ga Japan (Important Announcement Next Issue)
act-age (Color Page)
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Shokugeki no Soma
Saigo no Saiyuuki
Oyakusoku no Neverland (Comedy Spinoff) by Miyazaki Shuhei
Shishunki Renaissance! David-kun

Issue 26 Preview

Cover & Lead Color Page: Beast Children by Terasaka Kento (New series)
Color Pages: Futari no Taisei; Hinomaru Zumo; Chainsaw Man

And as a bonus, top 30 best-selling manga of the week in Japan:

01. Boku no Hero Academia #23 (169,323 / 424,426)
02. Arslan Senki #11 (127,346)
03. Natsume Yuujin-chou #24 (103,794 / 241,266)
04. MF Ghost #5 (79,207 / 79,387)
05. Yowamushi Pedal #61 (54,652)
06. Watashi no Shounen #6 (53,731)
07. Jujutsu Kaisen #5 (40,980 / 123,986)
08. Love Phantom #9 (40,525)
09. Bungou Stray Dogs #17 (38,192 / 142,584)
10. Kingdom #54 (35,942 / 715,771)
11. Maou Gakuen no Futekigousha〜Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei Shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou〜 #2 (34,978)
12. Shingeki no Kyojin #28 (33,040 / 941,384)
13. Kinnikuman #67 (28,605 / 79,764)
14. Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu #9 (27,573)
15. Sengoku Gonbee #15 (27,489)
16. Kuutei Dragons #6 (26,753)
17. Act-Age #6 (26,467 / 80,820)
18. Shin Tennis no Oujisama #26 (24,906 / 57,352)
19. Kuubo Ibuki #12 (24,481 / 151,600)
20. Yakumo Tatsu Arata #2 (23,461 / 53,463)
21. Ore Dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon〜Kossori Kitaete Sekai Saikyou〜 #2 (22,168)
22. Ride-On King #2 (21,774)
23. Potion Danomi de Ikinobimasu! #4 (21,638)
24. Darling in the FranXX #5 (21,367 / 55,801)
25. Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi〜Onodera Ritsu no Baai〜 #14 (21,218 / 74,729)
26. Nanatsu no Taizai #36 (20,496 / 370,125)
27. Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-man-mai no Kinka wo Tamemasu #4 (18,427)
28. Level 1 Dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou Desu #2 (18,237)
29. 29-sai Dokushin Chuuken Boukensha no Nichijou #7 (17,425)
30. Machigatta Ko wo Mahou Shoujo ni Shiteshimatta #6 (17,409)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't be serious with this thing with Ichika man. lol She pretty much redeemed herlself in the last two and this one. Of course she (Negi) made her bed, that was her entire development after being selfish for the first time due to Yotsuba and then seeing that she exaggerated on it and that she was in the wrong for what she did. Which is one of the motives for why she's the best character on this manga along Nino.

And "redeemed" in a way because what she did is easily forgivable when she see what she did. It's not in the level of drugging another person.
Never said she didn't or can't redeem herself. I don't even dislike the angle they took with her in this arc, it made her more interesting.

Fuutarou no longer trusts anything she says, which she brought upon herself. Hence, the "made your bed, now sleep in it". She's now feeling the consequences of her actions.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never said she didn't or can't redeem herself. I don't even dislike the angle they took with her in this arc, it made her more interesting.

Fuutarou no longer trusts anything she says, which she brought upon herself. Hence, the "made your bed, now sleep in it". She's now feeling the consequences of her actions.

I see, I interpreted wrong then, sorry haha I agree with you.

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...-englishlanguage-manga-book-imprint-distribut

SE are doing to start publishing directly in English with Penguin-Random House. Wonder what this'll mean for Yen Press. I think a large chunk of their catalog are Square Enix titles.
I suppose this means they'll focus primarily on Kadokawa Shoten titles from now on then, but who knows. Maybe Square will allow them to keep the titles that they already have.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose this means they'll focus primarily on Kadokawa Shoten titles from now on then, but who knows. Maybe Square will allow them to keep the titles that they already have.
Yeah I meant for new licences. I don't think SE could talk licences before the expire unless they put out a new edition like their doing with Soul Eater.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chainsawman
well Holy Shit 0_0, that ending got me

Samurai 8
Well this chapter was at least better than the last, I'm both interested and worried on how they handle this new character

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsawman 22
Goddammit this is amazing lol

So glad they had better ranking this week

The TOC is more of a promotional thing than ranking tbh, except for newer manga. Which is why Dr. Stone is up there all the time but in sales it's only above Yuna, Hinomaru, Chainsaw Man and manga that just debuted, for example.

But you can be sure that Chainsaw is going to live, it's selling well for a newer manga with over 30k in two weeks in it's second volume. It also got many reprints so it's probably above what they and the bookstores expected as well.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man is a breath of fresh air for Shonen Jump. It almost feels like an experiment for them.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
CSM could probably be in Young Jump, tbh. Aren't they struggling to find new successful series?

Status
Not open for further replies.