• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
its because progress the main plot you cowardss!11!1!!

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for Yaiba and worried for Act-Age. I really hope a potential anime will boost its popularity. Please don't let it die.

You should be more worried about Dr. Stone than anything as it's only selling above Hinomaru Zumou and Yunna even with the pushing it gets for more than one year at this point. Not that I see it getting cancelled or anything, just that the manga isn't growing at all.

Act-Age is selling very well and growing in each volume for quite some time. It's totally safe and well established already, don't worry.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if there is even a need to worry for that, Dr. Stone is clearly in its sunsetting days as we've pretty much reached the downhill portion of the series with the greatest mystery about to be discovered. Its doubtful the series will even double its current chapter count.

It's more worried about the sales not growing and being only above few series, but like I said, I don't see it getting cancelled even if it doesn't pay off with anime boost as it already has 2 years and is established.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Announcement for Boruto next week in Shonen Jump. I wonder if it's going to transfer to other magazine or some thing from other media.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shonen Jump Issue #27 TOC
Tokyo Shinobi Squad (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
The Promised Neverland (Color Page)
Samurai 8 Hachimaruden
Black Clover
Dr. Stone
My Hero Academia
Beast Children (Color Page/25p)
We Never Learn
Jujutsu Kaisen
Futari no Taisei (23p)
Haikyuu!!
act-age
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings (Color Page)
Hinomaru Zumo
Chainsaw Man
Shokugeki no Soma
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Saigo no Saiyuuki

Issue #28 preview
Cover & Lead Color Page: One Piece
Color Page: Dr. Stone; Jigokuraku (Special chapter/33p); Boruto (33p); Tokyo Shinobi Squad (25p)

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
MHA has gotten so boring for me. As someone who has been following it from the beginning it is by far my least favorite of the Jump manga I follow now.

Please God, let HxH be the one to replace it
Maybe if it actually stayed around long enough to make a notable dent in the series. At the current pace Togashi is never going to finish.

Dr Stone already has an ending in sight.

Which feels like a very natural way.
They will probably just come up with a new conflict since Senku's actual goal and the current story can be stretched out quite a bit.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
What's been the consensus on Samurai 8 so far?
It has plenty of potential, I feel.

So far, it's very much your typical shonen with a kid MC, down to a first chapter that is way too melodramatic without much earned beforehand.

The world and general concepts are cool (a bit too much in such short amount of pages, but yeah) and the art is good for the most part (way too cluttered at times -the lack of shading doesn't help-, but the character and locale designs are really nice and it could get to great places if the artist improves through time).

As of now, it's a mystery how Kishimoto is going to develop this, but the mere concept of the world shows a lot of promise in terms of story beats and potential characters. So far, it's kinda lighthearted and adventurous and not dense at all, but I'm sure that will eventually change when serious shit happens.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 150
Here we go, finally President is starting to understand what Kaguya really wants! This is trully a perfect way to end the Ice Kaguya's Arc.
And now the bets can start: who will be the first, Kashiwagi or Kaguya?

Anyway, Aka is really a great author, he is able to mix comedy and romanticism in every single chapter with such a maestry! And that final page.. it is trully beautifully made!

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Kaguya 150
Man, I was expecting the author to drag this arc and somehow reboot their relationship in order to keep the manga going, but I gotta say; this chapter was good and actually moved forward their relationship.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
We Want to Talk about Kaguya 40

I guess this confirms that Karen did actually survive the cultural festival arc and this is just something that happens to her regularly. I have a theory that Shirogane enlisted Karen's help during the fireworks arc. Here she shouts "Paradise On Earth" wheras during the fireworks arc she shouted "The Promised Land". Who promised? And really what are the odds of her happening to push the right book.

Last edited:

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
kiss.gif

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We Want to Talk about Kaguya 40

I guess this confirms that Karen did actually survive the fireworks arc and this is just something that happens to her regularly. I have a theory that Shirogane enlisted Karen's help during the fireworks arc. Here she shouts "Paradise On Earth" wheras during the fireworks arc she shouted "The Promised Land". Who promised? And really what are the odds of her happening to push the right book.

I'm still surprised that many people who read Kaguya don't read this. Not only it's a great manga in itself but it adds much from the supporting characters and that world. Should be more popular.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe if it actually stayed around long enough to make a notable dent in the series. At the current pace Togashi is never going to finish.
He'll finish the current arc. But after that? Definitely agree. He needs to do something different.

And unfortunately, we've seen what happens if he goes for 20-30 chapters in a row.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 150

That was fantastic. Now it's time to see where they go from here, now that their long war has finally ended.

Oct 25, 2017
Secret of my Uniform (on kindle/comixology)
D72lgwtXoAAc0aG.jpg

Got this manga because the cover looked interesting and had cute character designs. Reading it I was pleasantly surprised that the artist did make every couple look very cute and appealing.

My favorite would be the coworker who has a crush on his other coworker and gets totally flustered and empty minded when he confesses after working as his nude model for art. The story wasn't anything new or different but it had it's cute moments.
D72tG4aWsAAQmDx.jpg

Second favorite was the college playboy who suddenly gets interested in fighting games and bonds with another player. Theres cute moments like looking at his abs/chest while teasing him in the arcade and then the declaration of love. Just this story had the industry typical pseudo assault that sometimes pushes people away. Still the way it handled it and didnt use it for gratification or to reciprocate love was great, they even had to seek forgiveness.
D72uZCVWwAU6XJD.jpg:small

Final favorite story was the crossdressing heir who was doing everything possible to get out of his father's stifling hold on his life. Main characters best friend is great and they had the best kiss in the manga. Memorable story too.

The remaining stories were alright thought kind of weak plotwise and kind of confusing. Still dont understand the final one for reals and it was the longest.

Overall a quick good read. Would suggest if you have money to spare and need a quick BL fix

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So has Viz actually come out and said when they're going to release physical Act-Age volumes? You'd think they'd want to at least fill the gaping hole in their shonen jump subscription, because it's kind of hard to get into this or Jujustsu Kaisen with that gap; I mean, at this point they're like pushing me to alternative means. I would buy the physical volumes too, but I don't even see like a preorder or release date or anything.

At least the app finally has like some indication of which chapter you read last.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
For a manga that has been on hiatus for so long and having infrequent releases, D-Gray Man's manga is selling well. The series really has a dedicated fan base even if it isn't as popular as it's early days.

Still I need to catch up with the series. I forgot where I left off.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
For a manga that has been on hiatus for so long and having infrequent releases, D-Gray Man's manga is selling well. The series really has a dedicated fan base even if it isn't as popular as it's early days.

Still I need to catch up with the series. I forgot where I left off.

Of all the series I follow with irregular release schedules, D-Gray Man is easily hurt the worst because it's story went off the rails and has yet to really justify said off the railing.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the series I follow with irregular release schedules, D-Gray Man is easily hurt the worst because it's story went off the rails and has yet to really justify said off the railing.

It was a really great series but unfortunately it became really convoluted. It doesn't help that the moment the Mangaka got sick it began to have a series of hiatus. Sadly the story became really confusing, but I still have a feeling that the messed up pacing is making everything confusing.

Oh well I hope for the best especially for the Mangaka considering her condition. I definitely will see this story through because I really do love Allen and Lenalee and the other characters. Plus the art is really beautiful and I just love the way the Mangaka draws everything.

Edit: In a perfect world if those incidents didn't happen I wonder if D-Gray Man would have kept going strong/ ended strong.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The schedule now is like 3 months, I think, with just 20 pages so I pretty much put it on-hold because I can't remember anything.

It's amazing how it was from weekly, then to monthly on Jump Square, then got a huge hiatus on like 3 years and transferred again to Jump SQ Crown with 3 months (which then transferred to Jump SQ Rise as Crown ended)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So has Viz actually come out and said when they're going to release physical Act-Age volumes? You'd think they'd want to at least fill the gaping hole in their shonen jump subscription, because it's kind of hard to get into this or Jujustsu Kaisen with that gap; I mean, at this point they're like pushing me to alternative means. I would buy the physical volumes too, but I don't even see like a preorder or release date or anything.

At least the app finally has like some indication of which chapter you read last.
No they havent.

And it's not like jpn side is interested in being fast to fill gaps as many still exist for non viz series on mangaPLUS.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I've been binge reading Karada Sagashi (just finished volume 8) and I'm still really enjoying it.

Volume 8 is the beginning of the second part of the story. I wasn't too sure about where the story was headed at the beginning of the volume, as the previous one ends with everyone (aside from Takahiro, which is only revealed right at the end) having forgotten about Asuka, which was a pretty big gut punch after all they've been through. Then you get this scene:

Volume 8 introduces a new main character as well, which I also wasn't too sure about, but it then quickly eased my concerns — it's still a lot of fun.

I'll carry on reading this over the long weekend. It'll be interesting to see if it can keep the threat of the 'monster' feeling fresh until the end, considering there's still another 9 volumes left.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Man, Samurai 8 is so boring I find myself just zoning out wondering what happened half the time.

Though I did laugh the latest chapter ends with the kid taking one panel to say "fuck you dad" and leaving.

Kishi can't write characters for shiiiiiiiit.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
Man, Samurai 8 is so boring I find myself just zoning out wondering what happened half the time.

Though I did laugh the latest chapter ends with the kid taking one panel to say "fuck you dad" and leaving.

Kishi can't write characters for shiiiiiiiit.
lol what? the kid's literally never been able to step outside his house and it's unreasonable for him to want to leave? Especially since it's obvious his dad is hiding things from him and wants to restrain him just as he gets the freedom he's been longing for his entire life.All this shows is that hachimaru has the resolve to accept change and move on with his life which i think is good character building. We learn about the character through his actions and the decisions he makes.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I dunno how to feel about Samurai 8 yet. I think it's taking far too long to get the adventure started. I get that you need to slowly introduce people to a weird sci-fi world, but they've largely focused on being a samurai and not the sci-fi nature of the series with it's exposition so far.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Dr Stone 107

This series is just so much fun, I love the characters and the humor. Of all people, Ginrou being the one who has to save everyone is hilarious.

It really sucks that it isn't selling super well, I'd be crushed if it were to end prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.