• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2018
It probably is, but maybe it'll do better later on the story. I'm liking it as well but I imagine that the fact that the manga is so slow in building the story and the pacing is as well, the readers maybe are not enjoying it as manga on WSJ are generally faster in pacing. I saw similar complaints in the west as well from the people that didn't like it.

Anyway, like you, i'm cheering for it doing well.

One of the reason why I like The Last Saiyuki is because it's a slow burn and doesn't go at a crazy fast pace. But that probably is the reason why it's doing so poorly. I do hope that it does start to gain more traction soon enough.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Senryuu 102
giphy.gif

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, the announcement was the manga going to another magazine. Nothing really changes for the west at the end of the day as it's still monthly.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo 14

This manga from the outset was basically a romcom mixed with TTGL's "take everything up to eleven", but dear lord this chapter took things to another level entirely.

Wasn't until like 3/4 of the way through where it let go for a little bit, I was laughing like crazy from the start of it, but I absolutely lost it at the "What, really?" line...and then proceeded to laugh even harder at what happened after that.

I really hope the author can keep this going, because it's been a while since I've seen something fresh and unique in a romcom manga.

I can only imagine how amazing an anime of this would be with this latest chapter...

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Anyone else here ever read Homunculus? I plan on rereading it soon and am excited to do so. One of my favorite comics.

I started it a few years ago but went through a period of not reading anything so I've forgotten what happened. I'll try to give it another read once I'm caught up with Kingdom and finished The Legendary Musings of Professor Munakata.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Samurai 8 Ch 5

The story and characters are pretty boring. I'll probably drop it for now and read later if it gets interesting.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Lttp but Tokyo Shinobi squad 1
This is AMAZING
Only 1st chapter and I can already feel it's going to be a bigger hit than samurai 8

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Shijinsou no Satsujin 3

Looks like the introduction is over, shit is getting real

016a9b25-cb69-4a19-9aryjec.png

Keen to see what's next.

I both appreciate and dislike the fact comments are disabled for this series on the jump app. I appreciate it because the series is based on a novel so it'd be full of spoilers, but at the same time I like reading the shitposting after finishing a manga chapter lol

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quintessential Quintuplets

I had a feeling Yotsuba will be the most interesting girl and it seems I was right. I am calling it now, she is the bride.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
A new volume of Break Blade is getting translated. My god do I love the volume cover artwork:

q1.png

The grey on red just rocks, and I love how the title changes colour as it goes over different parts of the background.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn #114

As I already expected, here comes the Rizu arc. Can't wait to see more of her past and about her self-steem.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Samurai 8...
I don't know why but this series is just not grabbing me.
I think it has mostly to do with the protag being a very generic cookie cutter shonen kid.

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man

Oh man, didn't expect Himeno to die already. I mean, it's not uncommon for Fujimoto to play fast and loose like this, but damn.
I love the demon designs this series has.

Oct 25, 2017
Double Taisei 4
Uhm what?

Haga sticking around is great and glad we got confirmation that our lead was just so clueless that he just fell off the stairs on his ownsome.

Haga noticing something is up is great.

Dr. Stone 108

Love the gacha game cards here. Really cool concept and effects.

Last Saiyuki 14

A kiss, this soon? What! Am guessing the writer was told to wrap this thing up/

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan I like the character arc for these kids and the idea they'll use sentimentality to defeat Zeke. Also I think Armin might be the one lying here. Also also Pieck is lowkey really great, I love how clever she is.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
figured it would be worth posting here, they have all 18 current released volumes for domestic girlfriend

also does anyone know how far the FranXX manga is and how long it's supposed to be going on for?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Man I remember reading The Breaker and The Breaker New Waves , it's been so long since I've read them. I remember The Breaker being a great martial arts series. It was a absolute fantastic read. New Waves while it wasn't as consistent and had quite a few lows had some amazing highs in the series. There has been quite a few series where Ive thoroughly been entertained and New Waves was definitely it. There were some goddamn crazy moments in the series. Plus I really did enjoy all the characters in the series.

Is there a chance the series will continue because I remember the it leaving on a cliffhanger. I really hope there's a part 3 in the future because man has it been so long since New Waves. Oh well I may just reread the series again.

Edit: Goddamn now I'm starting to feel old because New Waves began in 2010 and ended in 2015.

Last edited:

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I finally decided to watch Erased on Netflix after skipping it on nun Recommended list forever. Watched the first 3 episodes last night, binge watched the rest and finished just a few hours ago. Thank goodness because it was one of the best things i've ever watched. Even almost cried on a lot of scenes.

Does the manga have a lot of things not in the live-action? If so, I think I might read it next.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of an off-topic question...

I've been getting the itch to "get back into" manga. Been reading a ton of light novels and feel like grabbing some new goodies.

I'm struggling with physical vs digital. I know that's a preference, but I just wanted to hear some other opinions. My digital delivery would be my kindle, so if that limits me, I get it.

As for physical, where is the best place to buy that makes the most sense financially in the states?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn

Quints writer has been foreshadowing stuff since the way beginning.

You can literally take that last chapter and flip it over to the first chapter and it made complete sense, everything down to the minute detail. That Yotsuba reaction from the first chapter fits perfectly.

I'm so invested in 3/5 Quints at this point that I'm gonna be sad regardless who wins out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

I've been getting the itch to "get back into" manga. Been reading a ton of light novels and feel like grabbing some new goodies.

I'm struggling with physical vs digital. I know that's a preference, but I just wanted to hear some other opinions. My digital delivery would be my kindle, so if that limits me, I get it.

As for physical, where is the best place to buy that makes the most sense financially in the states?

If you're in NA the new shonen jump app is like $2 a month for a pretty big backlog of jump series and you can read new stuff for free up to 3 weeks. There is also the manga plus app that has some more series from other magazines but no backlog. Crunchyroll is the same.

I'd suggest looking over those 3 services for series you are looking to get into, especially viz' app. Would be a lot cheaper then buying all the volumes.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017

If you mean an e-reader they're not great.

Get a decent quality tablet thats at least 8 inch's across and has goos storage options. Though for some reason Comixology only support landscape spreads on manga volumes on iOS.

I don't know your genre preferences but as others have said the SJ app at 2 dollars a month is a good start if its available in your country though your limited to almost exclusively shoenen titles.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
If you mean an e-reader they're not great.

Get a decent quality tablet thats at least 8 inch's across and has goos storage options. Though for some reason Comixology only support landscape spreads on manga volumes on iOS.

I don't know your genre preferences but as others have said the SJ app at 2 dollars a month is a good start if its available in your country though your limited to almost exclusively shoenen titles.

I tend towards romance and slice of life, but I have been trying some new stuff lately to broaden my horizons.

I have a few issues of Attack on Titan in my kindle. It's fine, but definitely shows its size issues...

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I tend towards romance and slice of life, but I have been trying some new stuff lately to broaden my horizons.

I have a few issues of Attack on Titan in my kindle. It's fine, but definitely shows its size issues...
That'll be tough to do on the cheap though I think Kodansha have multiple romance and shoujo volumes as part of Comixology/Kindle Unlimited.

I'd really recommenced a regular tablet to anyone who reads comics in genera though.

If your looking to read more comics in genreal though there's some good stuff thats all free on webtoons. Most comics on it are in the Korean long strip format so you can read them on your phone.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 89:

Damn Yotsuba's identity crisis issues run deep. No identity other than trying to outshine her sisters or to sacrifice her own happiness for her sisters', six years and counting.

Meanwhile the other sisters have developed their own interests, talents, and individualities.

She needs to let go of her obsession over being a quintuplet, it's holding her back from being an individual in her own right.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 89:

Damn Yotsuba's identity crisis issues run deep. No identity other than trying to outshine her sisters or to sacrifice her own happiness for her sisters', six years and counting.

Meanwhile the other sisters have developed their own interests, talents, and individualities.

She needs to let go of her obsession over being a quintuplet, it's holding her back from being an individual in her own right.
I mean, she does have strong identity in athletics. It's just that she can't keep her grades up enough to get a recommendation on it I guess. I'm not really sure how sports scholarships work in Japan.

Oct 27, 2017
QiUHdLw.jpg

I'm super happy I FINALLY got the complete set of 3x3 Eyes (サザンアイズ ) by Yuzo TAKADA of Blue Seed Fame which I've been trying to get since it ended in 2005 in my country.
I love the 80's esthetic and the seinen tone of the manga.
Off to go to read 40 volumes worth of awesomeness. The only thing I regret is that the translated version was flipped for its release (on par with how they did for most manga pre-2000) but hey can't have everything.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
That'll be tough to do on the cheap though I think Kodansha have multiple romance and shoujo volumes as part of Comixology/Kindle Unlimited.

I'd really recommenced a regular tablet to anyone who reads comics in genera though.

If your looking to read more comics in genreal though there's some good stuff thats all free on webtoons. Most comics on it are in the Korean long strip format so you can read them on your phone.

I'm welling to spend some money on good romance, but it's just finding the places to purchase it I'm having trouble with. Same with good horror manga.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
That announcement made me legitimately think a Space Arc was incoming before hearing it was just three chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.