• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shonen Jump TOC Issue 29

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Cover, Lead CP)
Samurai 8
Chainsaw Man
Act-age
Black Clover
Promised Neverland (Color Page)
Tokyo Shinobi Squad (23p)
Haikyuu
Jujutsu Kaisen (Color Page)
Taisei
My Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Soma (Color Page, end)
Dr. Stone
Beast Children
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuna-san
Saigo no Saiyuki
Yui Kamio

Issue 30:
Haikyu (Cover, Lead Color Page)

Dec 28, 2018
The current MHA arc is probably the best one in a long while. Can't really say much about Black Clovers current arc since I dropped it a while back.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also I thought the ToC was proven to less be rankings and more placed however the editor wants?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Current MHA arc is the best in series and the current best in SJ, the whole elves arc in BC has been a dragged out bore that I can't wait to be over with
Also I thought the ToC was proven to less be rankings and more placed however the editor wants?
This is true, TOC only matters if you're a new series, BC ranking higher than MHA literally means nothing

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this has already been posted but Soma is getting a fourth season and three extra epilogue chapters in SJ GIGA

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

The chief editor gets to decide what goes where yeah. Obviously some spots are already decided due to color pages.

I really don't know why the ToC gets brought up every time as if it's some sort of quality.

The editor might give a new series some preference over the other, which can help boost it.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buy from Rightstuff regularly? Trying to decide if that 10% off sub is actually worth it when you consider things like Amazon and eBay.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buy from Rightstuff regularly? Trying to decide if that 10% off sub is actually worth it when you consider things like Amazon and eBay.
The 10% off is good cause it stacks with their non-clearance sales.
So you get like 40% of specific publisher products and such.
Usually ends up better than Amazon and other official retailers, but like you might still be able to get cheaper from individual sellers.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The 10% off is good cause it stacks with their non-clearance sales.
So you get like 40% of specific publisher products and such.
Usually ends up better than Amazon and other official retailers, but like you might still be able to get cheaper from individual sellers.

I would wait until they have a publisher sale you want to participate in, though. But buy the membership first and make sure it's gone through before buying anything in the sale... at least from what I remember they have some wonky way to apply membership. Also the membership I think went up, which is why I haven't bought it in a while.

Also, it's worth looking at their end of year/black friday sales... the membership doesn't apply to them but usually they have multiple volumes of series on sale (if you don't want to spend on a membership)

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
At the people who commented on DB:S cheers appreciated!

Another question:

Anyone read the Children of the Whales manga? I thought the anime was really compelling (albeit too slow sometimes) and was thinking of checking out the manga. But it's ongoing right? Worth checking out? I heard the anime was super compressed.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I gave up on Black Clover a while ago because it was nothing but nonstop, repetitive action scenes featuring some of the most boring villains I've ever seen in a shounen. It's so bad.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the first part being focused on MHA, the second part of the "Interviewing editors" on Mangaplus now is about The Promised Neverland!

I really recommend everyone to read it, even if not reading the series. It's just interesting to read how an editor works, how the series came to be and the entire process.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
After the first part being focused on MHA, the second part of the "Interviewing editors" on Mangaplus now is about The Promised Neverland!

I really recommend everyone to read it, even if not reading the series. It's just interesting to read how an editor works, how the series came to be and the entire process.

"We also made sure to steer away from some extreme trends such as "ero-guro (erotic and grotesque)", "violence", or "nonsense", which we occasionally find in Japanese online manga."

hysrI4w.gif

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
"We also made sure to steer away from some extreme trends such as "ero-guro (erotic and grotesque)", "violence", or "nonsense", which we occasionally find in Japanese online manga."

hysrI4w.gif
What does violence mean in this context? Because the series does have a large element of children shooting guns at monsters that want to eat their brains.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
What does violence mean in this context? Because the series does have a large element of children shooting guns at monsters that want to eat their brains.
Oh, he was talking about the beginning of the series. And then went on to add:

"After the jailbreak arc, the world of the story suddenly expands and becomes filled with fantasy. It's now possible to depict various action scenes so the presentation towards the readers is beginning to change, but without changing the core. I believe the characteristics of "Neverland" that readers have always enjoyed, such as the mind games, are still there."

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, he was talking about the beginning of the series. And then went on to add:

"After the jailbreak arc, the world of the story suddenly expands and becomes filled with fantasy. It's now possible to depict various action scenes so the presentation towards the readers is beginning to change, but without changing the core. I believe the characteristics of "Neverland" that readers have always enjoyed, such as the mind games, are still there."
Oh, okay. That makes sense.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Haikyuu has been low in the ToC recently too, it probably means that Jump doesnt feel these 2 series need promoting while series like BC need it

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I just crushed through the 600 or so chapters of Kingdom that are out, and I love it. Is there any other series that deals with military strategy/tactics like it? I love the battle maps.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Shinobi Squad 2

This is cyberpunk Naruto except the main character isn't a loser. Love it.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 151
Another perfect chapter and now the New Game arc is beginning... I am really looking forward to it!

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
So the next volume of Radiant is coming out in August instead of July...

On the flip side, the cover looks great, as always. I like how consistent and stylish the covers for this manga are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.