• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 72
Wonder if the Chiyoko/Araya pair is enough to get Ogami to stay, or we get some running to the airport before he boards the plane thing with Yonagi. Will be funny if its the former and Yonagi only gets there when they've all cleared out.

World Trigger 180-181
Nice character introductions, especially liked the Kazumi ranked number 1 reveal lol. Guessing the match will start up by the end of the next batch.

Demon Slayer 165
Turns out he did not have this handled in any way, shape or form.

I hope the turn him into demon talk is just a reason to keep him alive rather than a plot point we are going to see.

Stone 112
Pretty curious to know what she saw, since I don't have an idea.
Ok, now we see why, heh.
Megumi's family situation looking pretty tough between this and the cursed sister.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I've been reading through One Piece and I'm kinda amazed at how sexist it is, yet I haven't really seen it brought up that often. Oda really likes to get his female characters half naked.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Act Age 72
Wonder if the Chiyoko/Araya pair is enough to get Ogami to stay, or we get some running to the airport before he boards the plane thing with Yonagi. Will be funny if its the former and Yonagi only gets there when they've all cleared out.

He's getting on that plane/about to get on the plane, then they're gonna say the flight is delayed due to wind/a sudden storm, and he's gonna see Yonagi walking towards him "creating" the storm and be convinced to stay.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 180-181
Nice character introductions, especially liked the Kazumi ranked number 1 reveal lol. Guessing the match will start up by the end of the next batch.
Hopefully with the next batch Ashihara will finally give us that Forest map he showed us 4 years ago.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
He's getting on that plane/about to get on the plane, then they're gonna say the flight is delayed due to wind/a sudden storm, and he's gonna see Yonagi walking towards him "creating" the storm and be convinced to stay.
Oh yeah, that would be pretty good. Makes sense with what she was doing on the mountain.
Hopefully with the next batch Ashihara will finally give us that Forest map he showed us 4 years ago.
It's now or never!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. Also with Kitora on commentary because we've had everyone else on Arashiyama squad do commentary except her. Preferably with Kusakabe since she's the famed operator and captain of A Rank. And I guess Miwa for third since he used to be teammates with Ninomiya though I don't think he would agree to commentary.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet Blue Flowers Omnibus 01- 04

Finally read Sweet Blue Flowers. It was great, I might reread it straight away. The new viz editions are nice too. Glad it got rescued from DMP.

Real shame Fantagraphics basically dropped Wandering Son, their editions were great.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 93

Finally a Nino-centric chapter! Even though too much emphasis at this point of the story would mean that she will not be the winner, but a tsundere Nino is always welcomed

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why did I start collecting the Deluxe Berserk?

Thankfully they're released so far apart or this would be the worst idea I have had. The books are so beautifully presented I couldn't not buy them.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family extra mission
This was pretty substantial for an extra chapter. Twilight the aquarium staff prodigy!

Grand Blue Dreaming 54
Kohei is truly the ultimate wingman.

The story was already reaching it's natural conclusion before the anime.
Yeah, no where else to really go after this tournament. The semi finals went faster than I would have expected though. Tournament closed most of the threads up to this point. Just need a good conclusion to this match, something with Shunkai, and conclusion with Reina/her family sub plot. Hopefully we get a satisfying ending!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo Ghoul and :re (through Vol. 11) are in the vault now.

I need to check out at least the original sometime.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
So glad I started reading Spy X Family after all the praise here. Fantastic little series and I just love the family dynamic.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
god help me i just remembered that motto kilo dumbbell has an english release and i might go grab it because, honestly, i find that manga very entertaining

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read batman manga from back in day? I went back to it after Morrison brought it back in the American comics.

Or watch the CGI Batnime? I mean if you think about it Batman is a human no power Devilman.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
During the comics spotlight I'd like to extend a welcoming hand to my fellow manga readers. We also read manga over there. We are a Bakugo loving thread. We like your books. Do you like ours?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
no your 'com-ic books' are both smelly and gross! i bet they have american cooties. ewww!

for reals though i need to read more graphic novels soon, i think i'm at a deficit right now. anyway i went to the library at lunch

After Hours 1
Good grown up yuri, or maybe I should say more properly LGBT young adult life stuff. Might grab the eng set from Kino, I think they're up to like 4 vols.

Record of Grancress War 1
I think I mistook this for Lodoss War but I like it too, kinda splits the difference between archtypical shonen and more schemey social-world changing stuff like Maou Maou Yuusha. I really dislike idiot protagonist heroes though, which is why this one focusing more on the heroine/schemer is more interesting. I wonder if it's on any buffet services I can read.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
no your 'com-ic books' are both smelly and gross! i bet they have american cooties. ewww!

for reals though i need to read more graphic novels soon, i think i'm at a deficit right now. anyway i went to the library at lunch

After Hours 1
Good grown up yuri, or maybe I should say more properly LGBT young adult life stuff. Might grab the eng set from Kino, I think they're up to like 4 vols.

Record of Grancress War 1
I think I mistook this for Lodoss War but I like it too, kinda splits the difference between archtypical shonen and more schemey social-world changing stuff like Maou Maou Yuusha. I really dislike idiot protagonist heroes though, which is why this one focusing more on the heroine/schemer is more interesting. I wonder if it's on any buffet services I can read.

We also hate comics and don't read them. But we do read Shonen Jumps.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why did I start collecting the Deluxe Berserk?

Thankfully they're released so far apart or this would be the worst idea I have had. The books are so beautifully presented I couldn't not buy them.

They are worth it. I kinda wish I bought them instead of the regular volumes as they're slightly smaller than most Viz books. Then again, Berserk also uses a lot more ink than most Viz series do.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Man, just caught up on the latest chapters via Viz's translations for the various Jump stuff as per usual, and as they normally do they have a little eyecatch blurb type thing at the top for a thing from one of the series, and right now it's like "Asuta and Yuno team up to fight the Devil in the latest Black Clover chapter!" and it made me realize... the series is in it's big climactic final boss fight... and it's against a character who doesn't even have a name. Just a generic "the devil." Sort of struck me for how bland and empty the guy feels (and the fight's felt super weak too and I'm just kinda ready for the series to just wrap up already.)

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Man, just caught up on the latest chapters via Viz's translations for the various Jump stuff as per usual, and as they normally do they have a little eyecatch blurb type thing at the top for a thing from one of the series, and right now it's like "Asuta and Yuno team up to fight the Devil in the latest Black Clover chapter!" and it made me realize... the series is in it's big climactic final boss fight... and it's against a character who doesn't even have a name. Just a generic "the devil." Sort of struck me for how bland and empty the guy feels (and the fight's felt super weak too and I'm just kinda ready for the series to just wrap up already.)

While I suppose this could be the final battle of the series (and perhaps it should be) there is still all that stuff with the other kingdoms and the teases of other Demon's like the one where Asta's power comes from. They can keep this going if they want to.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
D_L4FzPU0AAR5dh.jpg

Kaguya vol 15 cover

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun 93

Cute Nino chapter. Not much else to say.

I highly doubt this the final battle. Just the final fight of the first part of the manga. I could see a timeskip happening after this.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
While I suppose this could be the final battle of the series (and perhaps it should be) there is still all that stuff with the other kingdoms and the teases of other Demon's like the one where Asta's power comes from. They can keep this going if they want to.
I highly doubt this the final battle. Just the final fight of the first part of the manga. I could see a timeskip happening after this.
I mean, fair enough that it CAN continue on afterwards, but at least to me it'd be like when Bleach carried on after Aizen: stuff jammed in to continue on past the natural ending of the series.

I mean, the villains who have been working in the background the entire time made their big climactic move, and then were upstaged by an otherworldly being who was the secret man behind the curtain with godlike magic to just do whatever the hell he wants by saying stuff, and at the same time, pretty much every loose end and bit of foreshadowing from throughout the series has been wrapped up neatly.

Like, I guess they could go fight a ton more demons after this, but it'd be kinda rough to have them all seem on this guy's level after the escalation, and I have a hard time seeing anything else feeling even vaguely like a threat to the heroes after.

It could happen, but personally I just don't see it and feel like it'd be a mistake not making it the finale.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We are a Bakugo loving thread.
I'm listening...
(I might actually check out the comics thread in the near future and ask for recommendations because I've kinda fallen off comics/graphic novels after really getting into them a few years ago. Haven't read any since the last volume for Invincible came out)
The only way this is actually the end of the series is if it got cancelled. Otherwise this has not been written as a conclusion to the series. Feels more like the end of an Act and/or last thing before a timeskip. This is just something that will lead to a big shift in the way that world works, like All Might vs All for One in MHA or the Battle of Marineford in One Piece.

Btw, that's not actually THE Devil. That dude's just a devil (who for now could just be called the Word Soul Devil) among presumably multiple others because we've known of another one since the first chapter, the Anti Magic Devil in Asta. (which is also part of why this hasn't actually felt like "the battle to end all battles" to me)
I mean, fair enough that it CAN continue on afterwards, but at least to me it'd be like when Bleach carried on after Aizen: stuff jammed in to continue on past the natural ending of the series.

I mean, the villains who have been working in the background the entire time made their big climactic move, and then were upstaged by an otherworldly being who was the secret man behind the curtain with godlike magic to just do whatever the hell he wants by saying stuff, and at the same time, pretty much every loose end and bit of foreshadowing from throughout the series has been wrapped up neatly.

Like, I guess they could go fight a ton more demons after this, but it'd be kinda rough to have them all seem on this guy's level after the escalation, and I have a hard time seeing anything else feeling even vaguely like a threat to the heroes after.

It could happen, but personally I just don't see it and feel like it'd be a mistake not making it the finale.

We already had a Diamond Kingdom arc setup at the end of the Witch Forest, before the Royal Knight business even started. With two of the characters going back to help their kingdom, Asta promising to go there if they ever need his help, a named villain to overthrow (Morris, a scientist who's the shadow leader of Diamond) and the captain-level mages of that Kingdom were straight up shown on screen as a hint of the battles to come.

We have a Black Bulls vice captain that we know is out there somewhere. At least two other elemental spirits we've yet to see. Two other kingdoms besides Diamond near the Clover kingdom with Heart (known allies) and Spade. The latter have even been said to be attacking the Clover kingdom multiple times while the story's been going on and the Golden Dawn have been taking care of that while the Black Bulls have been on their missions. We now know that there's yet another race beyond humans/elves/devils with the dwarves, who were kinda hinted at being from the Diamond kingdom region (like Elves are from Clover), thus making it possible the other kingdom also have races beyond human.
(Hell there may even be other stuff I'm forgetting)

Quite frankly there's no way this arc works as a "natural" ending of the series. It would make the series as a whole pretty weak cause it would mean there's a lot of useless elements.

no way BLack Clover ends without addressing Yuno and Asta's parentage and future marriage.
That too.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously we are a welcoming thread. If you want recommendations we would be happy to give them. Don't read Batman White Knight. See I am a good guy.

I stealth read this thread but don't post as I'm terrified of spoilers for the things I read.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously we are a welcoming thread. If you want recommendations we would be happy to give them. Don't read Batman White Knight. See I am a good guy.

I stealth read this thread but don't post as I'm terrified of spoilers for the things I read.
Well shit, that one was actually on my list lol.

(Would your avatar happen to be of Hinata from A Place Further than the Universe? Cause if so, you are indeed a good guy)

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, that one was actually on my list lol.

(Would your avatar happen to be of Hinata from A Place Further than the Universe? Cause if so, you are indeed a good guy)

You mean the best anime of all time? Yeah... I'm one of you guys...

Before anyone says it. Yes Yuzukis eyes are the wrong color, it was a fuck up that we are gonna try and fix. But I'm probably sol due to her eyes being greyish not brown.

But yeah... I love A Place further than the universe.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You mean the best anime of all time? Yeah... I'm one of you guys...

Before anyone says it. Yes Yuzukis eyes are the wrong color, it was a fuck up that we are gonna try and fix. But I'm probably sol due to her eyes being greyish not brown.

But yeah... I love A Place further than the universe.
Good guy levels far surpassed anything I expected lmao. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.