• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
With Hinomaru (possibly) ending very soon, they definitely need another long-running sports series.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
They currently have Haikyu and Double Taisei. We'll see what the next wave of manga brings.
Dunno if Double Taisei is guaranteed to have a great lifespan either. It's been consistently near the bottom of the Table of Contents since it launched. I know that doesn't necessarily mean much, especially before its first volume has hit shelves, but it certainly doesn't feel like a great sign.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Samurai 8 10
Oh hey, something actually happened. Me continuing to read will probably depend on where things go from here.

Double Taisei 9
Man I wanna like this so bad. It has all the ingredients that I loved in Hikaru no Go, but for some reason I'm just still not hooked here.

Beast Children 8
Is the focus of this story going to shift again already? Starting to get whiplash.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 7
Papillon's a badass, I like her a lot and I hope this is a sign that she's going to be consistently important. I'm glad she has a Ninpo and the way they debuted it is DOPE AS HELL, but it's obviously going to lend itself to a lot of fanservice. Hopefully it doesn't reach unbearable levels.

I think I'm going to get an SJ subscription soon. Any recommendations for an SJ app manga without an anime adaptation? As you may be able to tell, my tastes are pretty varied and I'm really in the mood to discover new stuff right now.
Well I always recommend people give World Trigger a shot. It has an anime, but it's bad and has arguably less animation than the manga.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the new We Never Learn chapter and holy shit at the popularity poll
unknown.png

Kirisu got more votes than all the remaining top six combined! I knew she was popular, but I don't think I've ever seen a blowout like this before.

Chapter itself was super dumb, with boob based time travel, but it was fun.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Kirisu got more votes than all the remaining top six combined! I knew she was popular, but I don't think I've ever seen a blowout like this before.

She got more votes than literally every other character combined, given she had over half the total votes lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Well the
unknown.png

I wonder if the mangaka and editor behind wnl is trying to figure out a way to actually make a Kirisu end work, they might have rioting in the streets if they don't.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well the

I wonder if the mangaka and editor behind wnl is trying to figure out a way to actually make a Kirisu end work, they might have rioting in the streets if they don't.
For real. I never even thought she was a realistic possibility due to her being the teacher but now that there's two polls in a row with her coming first and her simply crushing everyone else this time, I don't see how the author can afford not to have her be the one.
But I'm still not quite sure how it would work.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I would hope the author wouldn't change anything they already have set due to popularity polls.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The series just introduced time travel so either the author is down with jumping the shark, or the series always had a crazy ending planned :P
If that's what the author has planned then fine, but I would hope they don't change anything due to popularity polls. They tend to be a bad metric for anything.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

as someone who only watched this via the anime i think i really understand why

also why are they in santa outfits when it's the middle of july?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
OPM
Didn't Homeless Emperor this chapter, I thought Murata was going to drag the Black Sperm stuff some more, hey if he keeps this up we might be finish with the arc by the end of next year

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
The series just introduced time travel so either the author is down with jumping the shark, or the series always had a crazy ending planned :P
I don't really think time travel will make another appearance after this, I feel it will be like all the other supernatural and weird stuff that pops up as a one off (The skeleton and the ghost girl for example). I'm not even convinced this Yuiga will even remember anything about this chapter as well.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One Punch Man
Great stuff as usual.

Atomic Samurai and Homeless Emperor got seriously buffed in this version. Seems like all of the other cadre fights are gonna get extended as well, which should be fun.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
As Platinum End's sales decline ever so gradually.
I suppose that I am one of the few that are still radint it and buying the physical volume (I have tto pick the volume number 10 this week since it is available from Thursday). And anyway it will take at least another year to conclude, it seems that even the sales are not good the authors are given the time to properly conclude it. Besides, the second part of the manga had really good aspects, it is a pity that they will be barely read.

unknown.png

Incredible, I didn't expect such a difference between Kurisu and Fumino. With this result, I would not be surprised if she will really be the "end girl"

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 155
The last page is too much for my heart, so fun and unexpected! Iino will be forever traumatized by this answer.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that Ishigami wasn't just looking for a quick score. Ishigami arcs continue to be the best.

Last edited:

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 155

In English the word "hard" can refer to both boners and to difficulty. So Ishigami saying it's still hard can be taken to mean that he's still having a difficult time with getting rejected while Iino understands him to be saying he still has a raging boner. Does a similar double meaning exist in Japanese?

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Ishigami is a good boy. Looks like he got his answer though :(

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 155

Being Ishigami is suffering. I'm glad he's was actually looking for love and not a one night stand at least. The last page cracked me up as well.

This manga keeps surprising me between Kashiwagi probably getting teen pregnant and now with one night stands being acknowledged. This "romcom" is a lot more mature with its storytelling than initially thought.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 155

Being Ishigami is suffering. I'm glad he's was actually looking for love and not a one night stand at least. The last page cracked me up as well.

This manga keeps surprising me between Kashiwagi probably getting teen pregnant and now with one night stands being acknowledged. This "romcom" is a lot more mature with its storytelling than initially thought.
I'm just waiting for the chapter where Kashiwagi and her boyfriend go to Kaguya and the prez for advice on their teen pregnancy just as the two of them are finally thinking about doing it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 155

I really wasn't expecting any of that either myself

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 155

Holy fuck lmao. I was expecting a "it was all a dream!" situation but my dude almost got it in.

That ending loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool oh my God.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Kanata to Astra

K17yQlR.jpg

I liked it, the writing was a bit clumsy and heavy handled, but I feel like the manga had heart and good pacing, and it captures the reader's attention pretty well. The answers to the misteries... well some of them worked, some of them ddidn't. It managed to develop all characters overall, though some of them needed more screentim (I would have liked to see more of Lucca, personally).

The comedy was mostly miss though, but I understand it's basically the author's style

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really suffering when Ishigami is falling right into his rebound ship with Iino?

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Kaguya 155

ck3Uici.png

look at this pure pervert maiden

Tomo-chan [END]

meh ending. give me carol story

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Tomo-chan [END]

I'm fine with this ending. The confession happened and they got together. I fully expect another few chapters with the volume release in a few weeks though.

I think all the hiatuses hurt the series though. It kept losing momentum as a result.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's my take as well. The last chapters also came in batches and felt rushed, so the pace at the end was a mess
If we had gotten one chapter a day for the whole run it would have been fine. But it's felt on and off. Reading it all at once will probably feel fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.