• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Yup. After all the hiatuses I just stopped caring about the series as well. It's hard to get invested when it just disappears for months at a time only come back for a week or two.

Overall, I liked the series.

Not sure whether I liked/disliked the fast releases when pages of Manga OT would be filled with Tomo-chan impressions. it did keep it lively and active, I suppose. On that note I do need to catch up with the rest of it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure whether I liked/disliked the fast releases when pages of Manga OT would be filled with Tomo-chan impressions. it did keep it lively and active, I suppose. On that note I do need to catch up with the rest of it.
It definitely helped after all the big series split off into their own threads. Which, if I'm honest, I am not a fan of because it kinda limits who can see what reactions to what series.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, they're teenagers. They're used to seeing each other every day in school. Going from that to, "We can easily hang out on weekends but not really during the week" is a huge jump for them.

Also when you first enter college, you meet a lot of new people and you end up spending most of your time with them as well. Balancing all these new experiences with your SO who's still in HS is just weird for everyone involved.

A weekly dump would have been cool too but I did enjoy the daily releases since if I missed a few days, I'd have a couple of pages waiting for me.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
It definitely helped after all the big series split off into their own threads. Which, if I'm honest, I am not a fan of because it kinda limits who can see what reactions to what series.
I agree with you. I liked it more when this thread was a melting pot. Pretty big hole was left when the Shounen series got their own threads. I'm not in on the joke, but I'm guessing discord plays a huge role in less activity too?

A weekly dump would have been cool too but I did enjoy the daily releases since if I missed a few days, I'd have a couple of pages waiting for me.
Heh, first world problems :P

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 949

Ive really enjoyed this "trying to win over the people when they dont know who you are" thing. If they knew Luffy had already defeated someone like Katakuri it would be a lot easier. Its also showing that Mihawk was right back in Marineford when he said that Luffy's Conqueror's Haki would be the thing that actually makes him dangeorus

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
theres something dumb about one punch man that despite having a lot of reservations about it, e.g. stereotypical problems in these media with presenting race and sexuality and women characters, i cannot not want to keep experiencing this dumb shit. like it makes me actually mad that the bad parts are so bad cuz otherwise it is so right down my alley. but anyway

with that foreword done, i started reading the manga cuz the anime over. just got done with the martial arts tournament part

my observations are thus:
the art is good and i havent read the webcomic but the idea that murata just goes fuck it and makes cool shit out of ONE doodles is entertaining to me. i really like having all the side stories and content that wasnt in the anime, fleshes the world out so much better. and finally, murata has a giant raging fubuki boner that is kind of unsettling, but if i keep getting good pictures of sonic then i guess i can live with it, but i still think its weird

thats my post for this manga thread. i dont read a lot of manga

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Quintessential Quintuplets Vol. 9

Surprised this came out so soon. Volume 8 came out a month ago. Only one volume behind Japan now!

So if you needed any more proof that Itsuki is worst sister:

lE0stCd.jpg

What in the actual fuck

Yall remember when Miku was really snarky and went off about warlords all the time? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Now she just spends most of her time sulking and not doing anything about her feelings when she figured out how she felt before everyone else did. Stay losing I guess.

So I heard a lot about this part of the volume and it did not disappoint:

I am totally here for crazy-eye backstabbing "snek" Ichika. This volume peaked too early.

The stuff with the sister's dad and Takeda was pretty yawn-inducing (Aside from the locations they chose to talk in, that was amusing). Glad he finally gave up because the whole "grr you will never tutor my daughters" stuff was getting to the point of him being some kind of mustache-twirling villain.

The volume closes with the reveal of "Rena" who I had already been spoiled on (and kinda forgot about tbh) so that wasn't much of a surprise but I'd like to believe that I'd be able to guess.

Dunno where I stand with the whole bride thing. The easy choice is Itsuki but lately I'm not so certain. Maybe this is the point where Itsuki will finally step up in the story? Because for the past few volumes she's felt like she's taken a pretty big backseat to the Miku-Ichika-Nino battle. Hell I feel like even Yotsuba has been seen more than her.

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what's going on with Real? We got a new chapter in May, but it hasn't updated since then.

There's no way Inoue came back from a four-year hiatus, dropped a single chapter, and then peaced out again... right?

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Beast Children 9
I REALLY LIKED this chapter! Some of Sakura's teammates are visually unremarkable, but I like how everything flowed. I feel like BC could really make a comeback here, hope it's not too late to gain some momentum.

Samurai8 11
Okay, stuff's still happening. Looking forward to potentially seeing the manga's first good action scene.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 8
Cool shit. I continue to like Papillion a lot, there's a moment that I found really funny, and it looks like things may be escalating in a neat way.
The fakeout was hilarious. Good comedic timing.
Double Taisei 10
Man, whatever. I'm just not gripped. I should probably drop this, but I don't like quitting stuff and I feel like it might get cancelled in a couple months anyway.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
theres something dumb about one punch man that despite having a lot of reservations about it, e.g. stereotypical problems in these media with presenting race and sexuality and women characters, i cannot not want to keep experiencing this dumb shit. like it makes me actually mad that the bad parts are so bad cuz otherwise it is so right down my alley. but anyway

with that foreword done, i started reading the manga cuz the anime over. just got done with the martial arts tournament part

my observations are thus:
the art is good and i havent read the webcomic but the idea that murata just goes fuck it and makes cool shit out of ONE doodles is entertaining to me. i really like having all the side stories and content that wasnt in the anime, fleshes the world out so much better. and finally, murata has a giant raging fubuki boner that is kind of unsettling, but if i keep getting good pictures of sonic then i guess i can live with it, but i still think its weird

thats my post for this manga thread. i dont read a lot of manga

Fubuki is old news. Now Murata is all about Captain Mizuki now

tumblr_pdd3on6STy1s307p6o3_500.png

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Quintessential Quintuplets Vol. 9

Surprised this came out so soon. Volume 8 came out a month ago. Only one volume behind Japan now!

So if you needed any more proof that Itsuki is worst sister:

lE0stCd.jpg

What in the actual fuck

Yall remember when Miku was really snarky and went off about warlords all the time? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Now she just spends most of her time sulking and not doing anything about her feelings when she figured out how she felt before everyone else did. Stay losing I guess.

So I heard a lot about this part of the volume and it did not disappoint:

I am totally here for crazy-eye backstabbing "snek" Ichika. This volume peaked too early.

The stuff with the sister's dad and Takeda was pretty yawn-inducing (Aside from the locations they chose to talk in, that was amusing). Glad he finally gave up because the whole "grr you will never tutor my daughters" stuff was getting to the point of him being some kind of mustache-twirling villain.

The volume closes with the reveal of "Rena" who I had already been spoiled on (and kinda forgot about tbh) so that wasn't much of a surprise but I'd like to believe that I'd be able to guess.

Dunno where I stand with the whole bride thing. The easy choice is Itsuki but lately I'm not so certain. Maybe this is the point where Itsuki will finally step up in the story? Because for the past few volumes she's felt like she's taken a pretty big backseat to the Miku-Ichika-Nino battle. Hell I feel like even Yotsuba has been seen more than her.
My Harem Heaven is Yandere Hell

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 167 : Holy shit this fight is something else... Can't wait to see this in anime ah ah ah...

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Saiyuki - Going more into the "imagine an abstract problem as a monster, then kill the monster to solve the problem" thing is interesting, but it feels a lot like they're going into the final arc right away.

Demon Slayer - Yeah, this is a neat fight.

Beast Children - This was a fun chapter, but hopefully the MC forming his own squad will lead to actual memorable side characters.

Jujutsu Kaisen - The fight in this chapter was fun, with the competing internal monologues.

Yui Kamio Lets Loose - Hair tying is an interesting way to resolve threats. After the horror stuff was so interesting, it was disappointing to see the series get a bit jokey again. I would still like the series to continue just to see how this all develops, though.

The Promised Neverland - That's one of the best "behind you!"s I've seen in ages.

Not much to say about the others.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 156

Don't do it Maki. Also I think Hayasaca is responsible for Fujiwara's understanding of calories and cold drinks.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 156:
Despite saving Ishigami on the stairs this chapter was not a good look for Iino. Maybe this translation for her dialogue is off the mark, but yeesh.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 156

Iino was fucking ruthless this chapter. I know she's pretty socially awkward when speaking to others, but damn, that was brutal. She did save him though, so there is that. Though he would have never taken the stairs if she wasn't dunking on him the whole time. Even Maki thinks Iino's being harsh, which is saying something. Speaking of, someone please keep an eye on Maki. She's getting some dangerous ideas.

Also every time we have Ishigami's dad mentioned, it's him physically hitting his son. Ishigami's got it rough.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 156

Iino was fucking ruthless this chapter. I know she's pretty socially awkward when speaking to others, but damn, that was brutal. She did save him though, so there is that. Though he would have never taken the stairs if she wasn't dunking on him the whole time. Even Maki thinks Iino's being harsh, which is saying something. Speaking of, someone please keep an eye on Maki. She's getting some dangerous ideas.

Also every time we have Ishigami's dad mentioned, it's him physically hitting his son. Ishigami's got it rough.
The Maki/Kashiwagi/Kashiwagi's Boyfriend thing is getting kinda spicy...

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 156
The title of this chapter is quite self-explaining. Iino is clearly in love with Ishigami, but she doesn't know how to manage her feelings and behaves as shown in this chapter. But the fact that she followed Ishigami on the stairs and saved him (in addition to what she did for him during middle school and the sports festival) is a proof of what she feels.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Hey im new here and started reading mangas a few weeks ago. (≧∇≦)ノ
I only bought phyisical volumes so far.

These did i buy so far:
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku Vol. 1-6 (currently reading)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Vol. 1-9 (about to start)
Karakai jouzu no takagi-san Vol. 1-2 (my mistake of buying the german edition) since there are only 2 released volumes (≧﹏ ≦) (on hold)
Komi is bat at communication Vol. 1 (on hold)

Which i plan to buy:
After the Rain
Spice and Wolf
(Im still not sure if i want to buy the manga or the light novel)

As you can see im really into the slice of life/romance/comedy genre.
How do you keep up with the latest chapters?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 156
The title of this chapter is quite self-explaining. Iino is clearly in love with Ishigami, but she doesn't know how to manage her feelings and behaves as shown in this chapter. But the fact that she followed Ishigami on the stairs and saved him (in addition to what she did for him during middle school and the sports festival) is a proof of what she feels.
Yeah, pretty much. I can see what they're going for in terms of character arcs for her, but it doesn't make what is currently happening any less harsh to read. Also I don't think she's in love with him, at least not yet. Worried about, yeah, but love? If she is, then even she's not aware of it herself yet.

Hey im new here and started reading mangas a few weeks ago. (≧∇≦)ノ
I only bought phyisical volumes so far.

These did i buy so far:
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku Vol. 1-6 (currently reading)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Vol. 1-9 (about to start)
Karakai jouzu no takagi-san Vol. 1-2 (my mistake of buying the german edition) since there are only 2 released volumes (≧﹏ ≦) (on hold)
Komi is bat at communication Vol. 1 (on hold)

Which i plan to buy:
After the Rain
Spice and Wolf
(Im still not sure if i want to buy the manga or the light novel)

As you can see im really into the slice of life/romance/comedy genre.
How do you keep up with the latest chapters?
Depends on the series. Most of what we discuss is of fantranslations since the official releases are far behind. Due to that, no one here can really provide links to the latest chapters we discuss, it'll have to be something you google on your own.

That being said, if you were into the shounen titles like My Hero Academia or One Piece, you can read those on either the Shounen Jump app (paid service for entire catalog) or on the Manga Plus site (the latest 3 chapters, full catalog of some exclusive series like Spy x Family). Shounen Jump titles tend to have up to date offical releases, unlike the other manga discussed here.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Hinomaru Zumou End
Shame, would've liked the series to continue but it's obvious by the fast pace lately it's getting cut
Pretty good jump Shonen series in the end
7.5/10

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty much. I can see what they're going for in terms of character arcs for her, but it doesn't make what is currently happening any less harsh to read. Also I don't think she's in love with him, at least not yet. Worried about, yeah, but love? If she is, then even she's not aware of it herself yet.
I feel like a lot of her spite here does come from jealousy if we interpret Iino at the end of the festival developing feelings for Ishigami.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
New game! 1
The yen press translation isn't bad apart from my perennial issues of them using bold and italics in a really annoying way but they translated yun's osaka-ben as some kind of ungodly mash up of ocker Aussie and cockney English and it's amazing

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Hinomaru Zumou End
Shame, would've liked the series to continue but it's obvious by the fast pace lately it's getting cut
Pretty good jump Shonen series in the end
7.5/10

Seems odd for them to cancel it when none of their new series have had any real impact. Perhaps the mangaka just got tired and ended it early ie pulled a hitman reborn.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya

Listen this is peek Maki. She's always been kinda terrible but more importantly, she's always been an idiot. Ishi did the right move. I've been there and did the thing and let me tell you, we both felt kinda shitty about it afterward.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i was wrong as fuck, seven seas did New Game! not Yen Press

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't Bully Me Nagatoro senpai 15 to current

So I guess they're just never going to explain fourth friend who shows up. Also I see waaaaaay too much of my own HS time in this and it's kinda cringey in that regard. Also also this really highlights an unintentional problem with this genre in that they're basically already dating. Seriously, if they were dating barely anything would change other than they could like kiss and be more direct about their affection and stuff. Anyways still weirdly enjoyable even if in any other context this would be an abusive as fuck relationship.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
last saiyuki 20
uhhh is this getting cut or some shit
suddenly the plot seems to move super fast
shame cuz i like it :/

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
tokyo shinobi squad had a great 1st chapter
but afterwards it's just so mediocre
i really think the weekly format doesn't suit it, i can see it moving to the monthly jump magazine and thriving there

Oct 25, 2017
Only 2019 series that are surviving are Chainsaw Man and Samurai 8, and the latter has major immunity.
Hinomaru Zumo ending provided cushioning for one of these low-ranking series to last a little longer. But the cancellation scythe is approaching, and hopefully we get a decent new series soon.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, if you guys aren't current on Ippo you should think about catching up. He's legit going full Mike Tyson at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.