• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Brah if Tower of God does well I hope to god The Breaker gets an anime adaptation.

I need my Korean martial arts comic get adapted.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tower of God will be an interesting adaptation. Does it fit to Shonen battle crowd or to a more seinen battle manga crowd? I stopped reading it after a while ago but I recall it being fairly Shonen-ish.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Kaguya 158
B9bsX1Y.png

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
Break Blade Ch92:

n45.png

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun 97:
Do they not have like Bisquick or Aunt Jemima Pancake mix in Japan? Making pancakes shouldn't be that much of a hurdle.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
It's been like a year since I've read any ToG. The Virtual World arc killed my interest in the series, and on top of that, there's SO many characters in that series, and so few I actually care about. I feel like the series lost a lot of its charm somewhere along the way tbh.

Like most arcs the virtual world arc started slow and kinda silly but the ending was fucking awesome af. Sets up the the next part which sets up the third season. Read it all the way through and you will be satisfied, trust me. That's how SIU works.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, The Last Saiyuki is really ending next chapter? That's a shame, but not unexpected.

I loved the troll in Jujutsu Kaisen by skipping over all the seemingly important events. Though it does make me think a Studio Pierot adaptation has a lot of room for filler...

Samurai 8 is more interesting now that stuff is happening, yeah.

About Yui Kamio Lets Loose, it's in a really weird state right now, with horror themes but still trying to accommodate the characters and gags established earlier. Kind of surprised it isn't on the chopping block yet, but I am still interested in how this all develops.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
About Yui Kamio Lets Loose, it's in a really weird state right now, with horror themes but still trying to accommodate the characters and gags established earlier. Kind of surprised it isn't on the chopping block yet, but I am still interested in how this all develops.
Probably more leeway since the author's had a successful series before.

Oct 25, 2017
Blue easy. Like yeah sucks I'd never reachthe end of One Piece but honestly I'm pretty sure I'll be dead before that reaches an end anyways.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Red has both One Piece and Dr. Stone, so that seems like far and away the obvious choice for me. Plus bonus points for not being saddled with Black Clover and especially We Never Learn.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to see Kimetsu no Yaiba become a huge pillar for Jump.

But yeah I got to go with blue cause KNY, AA, Haikyuu, Chainsawman, BC, and MHA.

But man I do love One Piece lol. Also I still need to read TPN and JJK.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
Samurai 8 Chapter 13

This manga has definitely picked on a lot of steam over the last few chapters now that Kishimoto has gotten some of the lore and world building out of the way. Ata is a clear example of how a good antagonist can elevate a series because ever since he's introduced i've been looking forward to every chapter . This chapter also solidifies Daruma as my favorite character in the series so far, that toothpick attack was just hype as hell.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 2-10

This is the only other Jump newbie i'm reading at the moment and at this point is reading it only because i'm still trying to figure out why some people like it or even say it's better than Samurai 8. Like yeah, opinions, subjectivity, yada yada i just find it boring. I remember when the initial chapter came out i asked folks here why this seemed interesting and they replied that the the setting and premise seemed interesting, 10 chapters in and I don't feel like they've done anything interesting with that setting. So far jin and his squad have just been steamrolling through on boring one off villains and they're fodder subordinates. Even now that the series has introduced its first major villain he's just so bland and doesn't feel remotely intimidating. The writer makes him and all the other villains so cartoonishly evil it's had to take serious and top of the fact the heroes have been portrayed as just uber strong and and invincible it just undermines the upcoming confrontation because i just feel like jin will stomp this dude. Maybe he won't but like i said before he hasn't done a good job of making this ice guy come off as a threat.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Controversial opinion: Samurai 8 > Naruto was when it was this deep in.
Honestly I feel where you're coming from here because Naruto had a pretty slow start. I can't say I currently have faith that Samurai 8 will build positive momentum at the same rate that Naruto did, but it's pretty early. I at least see potential for S8 to improve and get more engaging.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I feel where you're coming from here because Naruto had a pretty slow start. I can't say I currently have faith that Samurai 8 will build positive momentum at the same rate that Naruto did, but it's pretty early. I at least see potential for S8 to improve and get more engaging.

I mean to be honest I never really got behind Naruto and it was never one of my favorite stories. The lead was too dense, Sasuke was too much of a dick, and Sakura was too much of a kiss-up. That show built itself off people like Kakashi and Jiraiya.

In this I like everyone so far.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Kishi must feel really happy for being able to slowly build the series up because normally series that go for the slow kind of buildup get axed. I'm sure he's doing that to fully develop the world and its characters first so the payoff can be satisfying.

It does help that he's the author of Naruto.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Started reading One Punch Man for the first time in forever and couldn't put it down. It's still so much fun. Should be caught up soon. You know what I won't be caught up with soon? 30 more volumes of Harta on my shelves.

Me personally I'd go with blue team

One Piece and Act-Age are all I read from Shonen Jump... so... Red.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Super curious to see how the first two volumes of S8 do in October
I have just found out that in italy they will release the first volume of S8 immediately in October, I think it has never happened with other series. Kishimoto is now in a gold position, he is getting a lot of time to build this new story - something that almost no one is given - and a lot of promo. I loved Naruto, and I am already liking Samurai 8, that is also getting more itneresting after the first enemy appeared, but I am expecting even better chapters from him in the future.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Any Jujutsu Kaisen reader???? Can someone explain to me what the fuck happened in chapter 70? What's with these skips? Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.