• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Partly comedic purposes. And I imagine Gege doesn't want to spend too much time in a flashback.
I mean, I get it.. but what? How can you go from "kidnapped" to beach in just 1 page without even explaining wtf happened. Ah whatever. I want the anime to come soon (qith a good studio plz)

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Read all of Solo Leveling in a day, it's been a while since I've gotten this addicted to a story

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Read all of Solo Leveling in a day, it's been a while since I've gotten this addicted to a story
It's a pretty good adaptation of the light novel. Hopefully the rest of the manga leaves out all the bullshit and racism in the second half of the light novel.

Edit: it's still pretty weird how two characters never show up again after it seemed like they would play a pretty big role later on.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wow I just discovered Blue Giant and it became my favorite currently running manga in a moment's notice

eBYipLC.jpg

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Spy x Family 10
I am 100% here for the dynamic currently being set up. Next chapter's gonna be great.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family 10

Yor
Loid
Ania

No sir, I don't like it. The localized names were better in every way.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family 11

Good to know being adorable and terrifying runs in Yor's family.

Spy X Family 10

Yor
Loid
Ania

No sir, I don't like it. The localized names were better in every way.

Yor and Ania I can live with (Ania fwiw is a valid spelling of that name in Polish/Slavic lands) but Loid is some hilariously terrible mangled English(Welsh?) that sucks.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading Kono Oto Tomare and it's so good...

It's like the shounen version of Chihayafuru. You can tell the creator used to draw Shoujo and it really benefits the series. The art stands out and the feel good moments really tug at your heartstrings.

Oct 25, 2017
TOC is out.

The Promised Neverland (Cover/Lead Color)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Dr Stone
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu (Color)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Chainsaw Man
Ultramarine Battle (One-shot)
Black Clover
We Never Learn (Color)
Act-Age
Yuuna
Samurai 8
Yui Kamio
The Last Saiyuki (END)
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children
Double Taisei

Next issue is a new series from the creator of Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
The issue after that is another new series.

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
I started reading Spy x Family and Kaguya, as everyone was talking about it here and everywhere else, and so far I like them.
added Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen and World's End harem to my plan to watch series next.

Oct 25, 2017
Tic-Neesan 156

Damn, that new chick is sadistic as fuck.

Neijmaki Kagyu

I kinda wish this gets an anime adaptation cuz this chapter is tingled with excitement for battle. A lot of crazy going on.

Numa Shun (Money, Romance and Me) Oneshot

And this too. it's a love comedy in a twist about a high school girl who falls in love with a boy, so she use her grifter's power to win his heart and thus hillary ensues.

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
TOC is out.

Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Dr Stone
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu (Color)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Chainsaw Man
Black Clover
We Never Learn (Color)
Act-Age
Yuuna
Samurai 8
Yui Kamio
The Last Saiyuki (END)
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children
Double Taisei

Seeing how the backlog sales for Kimetsu is crazy I imaging they are pushing it as much as they can.

The series really did come a long way. Next up gotta be Jujutsu and Act Age.

Oct 25, 2017
TOC is out.

Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Dr Stone
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu (Color)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Chainsaw Man
Black Clover
We Never Learn (Color)
Act-Age
Yuuna
Samurai 8
Yui Kamio
The Last Saiyuki (END)
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children
Double Taisei

love last saiyuki at the start, once the writing was on the wall (ie the origin story for the main characters parents), then I put it in skim territory. hashtag sadface.

Prays Beast Children and Tokyo Shinobi Squad last a really long time. Their the best writing in jump since BLack Clover's debut.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to turn things around right now for additional length in the middle of the final battle would cause the manga to crash and burn hard.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Man, a lot of Jump stuff's ending at once, huh? Hinomaru Sumo, Last Saiyuki, Demon Slayer... apparently Promised Neverland is in its final arc... and chances are that at least one of the Reiwa debuts is getting axed by the end of the year. I'll be really interested to see how the landscape of the magazine changes in the next six months.

Oct 25, 2017
Only Reiwa debut I could see lasting is Samurai 8 solely for Kishimoto immunity.
Double Taisei, Beast Children and Tokyo Shinobi Squad are likely deader than dead.
Yui Kamio might be cushioned by those series.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Man, a lot of Jump stuff's ending at once, huh? Hinomaru Sumo, Last Saiyuki, Demon Slayer... apparently Promised Neverland is in its final arc... and chances are that at least one of the Reiwa debuts is getting axed by the end of the year. I'll be really interested to see how the landscape of the magazine changes in the next six months.
It's extremely hard to stick in Jump in addition to some creators not wanting a super long story. I think Samurai 8 is the only series from the newest wave that has a chance to stick. The oldest manga in the magazine after OP and HxH is Haikyu.

All that licensing money might change Gotoge's mind.
But hopefully she sticks to her guns.
I don't see Demon Slayer making it out of 2020 without some sort of asspull and that probably wouldn't be a good thing for the story if the creator is making changes like that.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer may as well end this year or next year, but I'll say this tho there hasn't been any official confirmation about the story ending like Promised Neverland.

I wouldn't be surprised in any way if the series continues due to this newfound success. Only because this Gotoge's first success and how getting a second hit is really hard in this climate. Plus with Jump having so many series ending who knows. Either way I hope the series ends naturally.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Only Reiwa debut I could see lasting is Samurai 8 solely for Kishimoto immunity.
Double Taisei, Beast Children and Tokyo Shinobi Squad are likely deader than dead.
Yui Kamio might be cushioned by those series.
I just have a feeling that at least one of Taisei / BC / TSS is going to survive through the end of the year minimum, if only because so many other mangas are ending that one of them is bound to stick around by default.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm thinking about it Jump is really losing a bunch of series at the moment. Who knows if Samurai 8 is gonna be popular.

Kishimoto's name is probably gonna help it move numbers, but will it stick in the long run.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm thinking about it Jump is really losing a bunch of series at the moment. Who knows if Samurai 8 is gonna be popular.

Kishimoto's name is probably gonna help it move numbers, but will it stick in the long run.
Kishimoto has said in interviews that he has an endpoint in mind (which he didn't for Naruto), and estimates Samurai 8 ending around the 100 chapter mark.

I could see Jump letting him see that through, even if S8 doesn't pull absurd numbers.

Also, the first two S8 tankobons are releasing simultaneously in October, and I bet they'll both do really well based off of their pedigree. The real question is how well Volume 3 is going to do.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017

I forgot how different his romanizations were. I got interested and found this list:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHun...aracter_names_according_to_official_databook/
Kurapika - Curarpikt
Chrollo Lucilfer - Quwrof Wrlccywrlir
Uvogin - Wbererguin
Shizuku - Chzzok
Pakunoda - Phalcnothdk
Machi - Matiy
Shalnark - Syarnorkl
Phinks - Phynkss
Feitan - Heytun
Franklin - Fulunki
Kortopi - Colhtophy
Bonolenov - Vonnornoth
Hisoka - Hyskoa
Kikyo - Kkkyau
Maha - Mahha
Illumi - Yellmi
Milluki - Myllki
Kalluto - Calltt
Zoldyck - Zaoldyck

It seems like your image is from the extras of Volume 34. Which provides a different romanization. Is it ir or fh, hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.