• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 77
I'm sure what ever method Yonagi undertakes to develop a rage even greater than Chiyoko's will be totally healthy and not physically/mentally draining at all.
Jujutsu 71
I can't believe Gojo is dead.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title reminds me that I don't actually check Discord that much.
Is the Discord still the same one from when we moved sites? Or is there a newer one?
I guess, actually signing into Discord, it's called MangaChat.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 77
I'm sure what ever method Yonagi undertakes to develop a rage even greater than Chiyoko's will be totally healthy and not physically/mentally draining at all.

I hope she gets pissed about Kuroyama basically trying to turn Chiyoko's jealousy into full-on animosity.

Just let her blow the fuck up at him.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh just started reading. Funny how the manga is a million times better than the anime which I can't get into at all.
Oh...well once you approach chapter 216, know that it's a really good one!
What chapter are you at?

But yeah the manga is much easier to get into. Much better pacing and art. And the characters are less annoying from not having to cycle through their gags all the time to extend to runtime.
Feel free to post thoughts on the BC OT

Act Age 77
"The story of an acting prodigy who's terrible at acting" is basically how I see Act Age lol.

And yeah for Jujutsu it is funny to see someone get stabbed repeatedly even though we know they're fine. Hell, dude gets stabbed through the neck and the manga is more concerned with telling us he can't use his powers now lol

Allaur

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone here read a lot of LNs? I got really into them a few months ago, but I'm looking for some suggestions. And maybe some non-LN books that have a similar "feel" to dig into??
I don't read a lot of LN, only the ones I find good. But I would like to recommend Zaregoto series (each volume is standalone, 2nd volume is best LN I've ever read) and Kokoro Connect (there is a very good anime which is based on volumes 1-4, and current translation is up to volume 6 already (it's a finished series and there should be 8 or 9 volumes in total)).

Oct 25, 2017
Double Taisei 13
ECVfCZ3WsAAPdny

Whoops guess she couldnt handle the combined power of the best shogi players inhabiting one soul. Great conclusion to that match.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 11

Very fantastic fight for Jin. Loved the magnets.

Beast Children 12
ECVd19yW4AAmiCW

Cute.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Saiyuki 23 END
That panel killed me. What a way to show the potential this story had, and then immediately say goodbye. I'd be down to see a new series from the same author at some point in the future.

Double Taisei 13
God it's so dumb and weird. I do get some entertainment value out of seeing what bizarre shit the author tries out in each chapter, but if Tokyo Shinobi Squad and Beast Children get cancelled in two months and Double Taisei is still standing, I'll be kind of mad.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Last Saiyuki 23 END
That panel killed me. What a way to show the potential this story had, and then immediately say goodbye. I'd be down to see a new series from the same author at some point in the future.
Yeah I was in pain too. I really hope the author can come back. I like to think about how Kohei Horikoshi had 2 series get cancelled and his 3rd try (which I think I heard somewhere is one's last chance in Jump but I'm not sure) MHA ended up being a massive success. Makes me feel like one of the future big hits may be from someone we've already seen.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Taisei's author is on his second series in Jump (first was Devily-man), and the author of the new series coming next week had a series back in 2017 (Poro's Foreign Exchange Records).
Damn. Demon Prince Poro was on the cover of the very first Viz Jump issue I got when I started subscribing. Doesn't feel that long ago but I guess it's been more than 2 years already haha. It's crazy to think about that lineup of new series, with Poro and 2 others fading out, Robot x Laserbeam running for a respectable 60 chapters and then Dr. Stone and We Never Learn are still going and have anime adaptations.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Tower of God Ch. 440
source.gif

Baam just clapped him and someone else steps out wanting to get clapped. I'm seeing a nerf in the near future because Bam's leaving every other (known) regular in the dust. Strongest C rank was already doubtable.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Damn. Demon Prince Poro was on the cover of the very first Viz Jump issue I got when I started subscribing. Doesn't feel that long ago but I guess it's been more than 2 years already haha. It's crazy to think about that lineup of new series, with Poro and 2 others fading out, Robot x Laserbeam running for a respectable 60 chapters and then Dr. Stone and We Never Learn are still going and have anime adaptations.
And the authors of all those series also had a big hit beforehand (or at least multiple serializations).

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Hell Warden Higuma 19.1 (END) - Missed this last week. Kind of weird to have a last chapter like this, with Higuma defeating an enemy and another strong foe making an appearance then leaving, but it was nice to get one more chapter of this regardless. It's a shame it didn't work out.

The Last Saiyuki 23 (END) - Yup, those sure are some character designs planned for future arcs that were instead used for this epilogue. All things considered, this was a pretty good final chapter.

We Never Learn 123 - Sheesh, if I didn't know better, I would have thought this was a final chapter too. It definitely feels like we're heading into the endgame.

Yui Kamio Lets Loose 22 - Doll girl is good now? Alright then. The male MC is annoying, but I like that tech support guy, and the other characters have the makings for something decent.

Samurai 8 14 - That was a good death scene.

Act-Age 77 - My pain is greater than yours.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Samurai 8
I am sure that, if this manga wasn't written by Kishimoto, this scene would have been rushed to the third chapter at most. I liked how it took some time to come to the first strong moment of the series - maybe the second, after the first chapter.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Boruto
Nice fight. Man, besides the faces, ikemoto can draw his ass off. The fights and panels are prime kishimoto(rescue Sasuke arc) good. So easily readable. His anatomy and perspective are God like.

But man, they gotta stop letting Naruto and Sasuke shine so hard, this is supposed to be Boruto's manga lmao.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn 123 - Sheesh, if I didn't know better, I would have thought this was a final chapter too. It definitely feels like we're heading into the endgame.
Makes sense. Not every harem love comedy can be Nisekoi and go on for 200+ chapters.

That and the series being limited to the characters getting into college AND already being third years means that the series probably wasn't going to be that long to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
Newest Jump TOC

Yozakura's Great Plan (New Series, Cover & Lead Color)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Dr. Stone (Color)
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu
Jujutsu Kaisen
My Hero Academia
Black Clover (Color)
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Act-Age
Yui Kamio Let's Loose
Bone Collection (One Shot)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Samurai 8
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Double Taisei
Beast Children

It's going to be interesting to see Samurai 8's volume sales... it doesn't seem to be ranking well with Jump readers.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there even a chance that Samurai 8 would get cancelled like other series have been around the 5-6 month mark?
It's happened with other authors who've had hits but I feel like Kishimoto would be exempt considering how hyped up this new series has been (and also him having the 3rd best selling Jump manga).

It seems to be a series that's taking its time and not rushing to big moments while still ultimately delivering them so I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there even a chance that Samurai 8 would get cancelled like other series have been around the 5-6 month mark?
It's happened with other authors who've had hits but I feel like Kishimoto would be exempt considering how hyped up this new series has been (and also him having the 3rd best selling Jump manga).

It seems to be a series that's taking its time and not rushing to big moments while still ultimately delivering them so I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
I feel it would get transferred like Boruto instead of cancelled.

Oct 25, 2017

Supposedly Kishimoto said this would be a shorter series, only around 100 chapters. We'll see what happens.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Berserk 359

Always got to be something with this series. Can't just have a good feel chapter, got to have it end with depressing shit.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Berserk 359

The stages my face went through the chapter:

:D
D:
D:
D:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One Punch Man 115

Puri Puri got wrecked slightly less than in the webcomic, which I guess makes sense considering that he basically got buffed in this version.

And finally! I've been looking forward to seeing the manga's take on the Saitama/Flashy Flash meet-up. Nothing really changed, but it's still great to see it in Murata's art. Good stuff.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't worry about Samurai 8 yet. Less people are sending in surveys about it because it's less shiny and new, and WSJ doesn't have another way to gauge interest right now because there's nothing to buy.

Chainsaw Man also dipped into the bottom at this point in its lifespan, then its first volume came out and it sold pretty well. Now it's considered a success and usually places in the middle.

I'm sure a bunch of people that don't buy the magazine every week are going to check out the first two volumes of this new manga by the Naruto guy they've heard so much about. They release in October, so expect it moving back up the TOC by the end of that month.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
The new series from Jump called Mission of Yozakura Family by the Poro author looks nice

It has that Spy x Family vibe to it but in Jump. It seems like it may be about mafia/yakuza but with comedy.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Barakamon Vol. 18 End

I'm sad to see this end but on the bright side it remained a fantastic slice of life throughout its run, with surprisingly well done character growth for everyone. You could track Handa-Sensei's growth from start to finish and find a believable transition from self-centric to empathetic. You'll be sorely missed little rural Japan.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Barakamon Vol. 18 End

I'm sad to see this end but on the bright side it remained a fantastic slice of life throughout its run, with surprisingly well done character growth for everyone. You could track Handa-Sensei's growth from start to finish and find a believable transition from self-centric to empathetic. You'll be sorely missed little rural Japan.
This is finished now? I loved the anime but was sad it never got a continuation. Might need to track down the manga one day.

Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia Listen, I have a lot of mixed feelings about the villian arc (another bait and switch with another poorly done villain group, main baddies quirk is pretty boring, went on a bit long) but god damn it was all worth it for that fucking coat. I'd follow that coat to the ends of the world, that coat is so cool.

Black Clover This judge guy does not fuck around and I love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.