• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Me when finally another Komi-san cant communicate physical volume got delivered home

Cant wait to dive in volume 2.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
New Jump Series: Mitama Security: Spirit Busters

... Cancelled.

Mission: Yozakura Family

We got a hook now. It's... actually kind of interesting. Guess I'll hang on to this one.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Still liking Yozakura Family a lot, hope it keeps it up and stays around.

Didn't really like the first chapter of Mitama Security..

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I dunno why everyone's dunking so hard on Mitama. I thought the first two pages were great.

mghPR0Z.jpg

kEk4T62.jpg

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 79:

I have a bad feeling about Yonagi using such painful memories for this show.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 79:

On the one hand addressing these sorts of pent up feelings sooner rather than later might be beneficial in the long run, but on the other hand it could also definitely screw her up if she can't deal with them properly.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand addressing these sorts of pent up feelings sooner rather than later might be beneficial in the long run, but on the other hand it could also definitely screw her up if she can't deal with them properly.
I don't think it's going to end up being good for her since it's being framed by Hanako as maximizing her plays quality being the most important thing

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age 79:

I was concerned before this chapter but that knife panel pushes it to a new level. Hanako's nervous smile summed it up pretty well.

Not that Chiyoko's approach is that much better....

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Komi would never have the courage to dance....alone
If Tadano was there then we are talking

Cosmozone

Apr 24, 2019
One Punch Man Vol. 18 (ch. 88-90)
It's where some kid Garo run across gets kidnapped. Man, 18 vols already. Garo should've been removed for making the main story more focused. Some funny scenes, though. This should be the last arc. If not, then :-/

Demon Tune Vol. 1 (ch. 1-4)
by Yuuki Kodama, Jump SQ

apRe3ei.jpg

New shonen, yay! Really violent thematically, but trivialized for easier consumption, that's a bit eh. Otherwise it has some good potential. The setting has a cyberpunk feel with ninjas, fairies and demons (kind of) in a modern like world. The artstyle is simple but effective which I like a lot and the two MCs (a ninja boy Koyukimaru and a fairy girl Flan) are pretty good. The rest of the cast pretty standard. One character, Shinka, an agent of an FBI equivalent that deals with magic, is annoying. The story is about demon cells being injected into humans giving them special powers. Not a bad premise, however I have some doubts the manga can live up to the setups potential. Would definitely a nice surprise. So far it's definitely better than the author's previous work Blood Lad.

Sacrifice to the King of Beasts Vol. 5 (ch. 24-29)
Most of the manga I'm currently reading which I like quite a bit have female authors which is nice for a change. This one is the basic but endearing story about a girl originally meant for a sacrifice but ending up as the future bride of the beast king. MC Saliphie is too perfect but sweet and entertaining when sceptical beasts' animosities simply roll off her. The volume mostly deals with the King's grumpy chancellor Anubis, good character.

Pone

T3RwLL2.jpg

Through a wondrous coincidence, the powers that be decided to release this artbook of Promised Neverland's artist Posuka Demizu over here and it's AWESOME! The art is PN's biggest asset and the creativity in this breaks the boundaries of that story manifold. Makes me think, more imaginative artists should be encouraged to do their own manga one day, similar to Made in Abyss' Tsukushi. It could be the most abstract, esoteric, nonsensical shit, I wouldn't care (unfortunately many people sadly would).

I also bought a special edition of Uzumaki. Horror manga are really niche here and deserve more.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Irodori Comics CEO On Takahashi Criticizes [name redacted] Pirated Manga App

Interesting ANN article about the CEO of a new localization company basically putting a big manga pirate site on blast. And the series tweet seems to have garnered a lot of attention. I came across it a couple days ago and only had an auto-translation to rely on but Takahashi has since provided an English summary, linked in the article.

It's a shame manga piracy seems so widespread and overlooked. Hell, I felt like making a thread but then felt reluctant to because of the seemingly hypocritical approach to piracy on this site. We can't acknowledge doing it with games/movies/whatever, but we can basically do it with manga with no repercussion as long as we don't name our provider (not even sure I can keep the site's name in a news headline). Regular users do it, mods do it. No one straight up says "Series X - Chapter Y (illegal edition)" but when posts come before official release, we all know what's up. Even I've done it. In the past when I started using this site regularly I just read Jump stuff in Viz Jump then I started reading scans to participate in some threads. When I stopped using this site regularly, I also stopped reading scans but in the past few weeks I've gone back to reading them, with only having this series of tweet to thank for why I tried to just wait again this week.

There's a lot of manga out there, not all of them getting official international releases and fewer getting international releases of chapters on the same schedule as in Japan and even fewer having every chapter available legally through volumes/subscriptions (just this month when catching up on Yaiba, Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen, I had to read scans for the chapters that are in the big gaps of between available Viz chapters). But at least when it comes to keeping up with the latest Shonen Jump stuff, there's not even an excuse anymore considering the most recent chapters of SJ stuff are available for completely free in select countries on Viz and worldwide on Mangaplus, in English in both cases. And there are other manga from other magazines that get simulpub releases on other services, like Crunchyroll.

Anyway, please support the official release. Please buy volumes for manga you're a fan of if those are available in your country.
Apparently, things got to the point where the site in question plans on shutting down now (ANN Article).
The article says it's already down though as of now I can still access it so I don't know what's going on.

Demon Tune Vol. 1 (ch. 1-4)
by Yuuki Kodama, Jump SQ

apRe3ei.jpg

New shonen, yay! Really violent thematically, but trivialized for easier consumption, that's a bit eh. Otherwise it has some good potential. The setting has a cyberpunk feel with ninjas, fairies and demons (kind of) in a modern like world. The artstyle is simple but effective which I like a lot and the two MCs (a ninja boy Koyukimaru and a fairy girl Flan) are pretty good. The rest of the cast pretty standard. One character, Shinka, an agent of an FBI equivalent that deals with magic, is annoying. The story is about demon cells being injected into humans giving them special powers. Not a bad premise, however I have some doubts the manga can live up to the setups potential. Would definitely a nice surprise. So far it's definitely better than the author's previous work Blood Lad.
This sounds interesting. I'll have to check this one in mind. I watched the Blood Lad anime years ago and don't remember much but I think I liked it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I read three volumes of Tokyo Revengers today. So glad that there are still good yanki manga being published. This one is pretty different from stuff I've read before, due to time travel (which I typically hate), but it's so captivating. I had a hard time stopping myself from reading more.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 184-185:
First off, I'm pretty disappointed that we aren't getting the forest map like most people expected. Cityscape B is a repeat map iirc so it's a major let down for the final match.

Oh well, At least Ikoma is back:

Q3rOtVNl.png

G3VHFFMl.png

Also Chika is starting off strong this match, but it looks like things won't go easily even with that brute strength. Though Yuma's eyes gave off the impression she was lying that she could do it? A lot of questions.

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 100
Really good chapter, I loved how each quintuplet reacted to Fuutarou's childhood friend.
Now I am asking myself: what choice Fuutaro wants to make? I doubt, at this point, that it is a romantic choice as the quintuplets think. I suppose they just misunderstood.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Mitama Security is dead in the water. I actually did like some gags, but everything was way too stretched out.

Yozakura Family chapter 2 was good. This might be a keeper.

In Tokyo Shinobi Squad, the new guy looks boring. The best way for this series to recover would have been to introduce cool new characters, and this didn't do that.

We Never Learn went 124 chapters without the sister getting focus but now the sister got focus and we got that "I want to marry you big brother just kidding or am I" scene and ugh.

Other chapters were good.

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Exorcist 114

And we're back to where it all began. Hyped.

Felt rin appearing with shiemi was hard to believe.

Owari no Serafu 82

I think its time for guren to die, mahiru though, wow. Wonder if shes dead dead then, or.

Good smile on the color page.
EDkIknXXsAMzEGl

Last edited:

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Read vol. 5 of Tokyo Revengers. It's not the greatest story, but the writer is really good at setting up twists and cliffhangers. I'm super engaged, and I can't stop reading it. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a new manga so much. It's also about delinquents... and I love delinquents with their fighting over nothing and bromance. Love 'em so much.
I finally read Beastars and wow, it is amazing.
People in here have been bugging me to read it for years. I have to get around to it eventually...

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in here have been bugging me to read it for years. I have to get around to it eventually...
Honestly, I was the same. Then, I pushed my friend into buying the first volume and felt like I had to at least understand what all the fuss is about.

I basically binge read most of the series over the past 24 hours and it does such a good job fleshing out the world without sacrificing character development. It's amazing.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yozakura Family 1-2

Well that was really good, not as wholesome as spy x family (which if this survives it'll be compared to) but a fun shonen take on the premise of a spy family. I'm glad the series didn't do any stupid "will they won't they" comedy shenanigans with the main couple and just hard confirmed it chapter 1.

Oct 26, 2017
Has anybody read Somali to Mori no Kamisama? Is it any good?

It's very good and if anything visually sumptuous. If you're into fantasy, I'd give it a read since there aren't that many chapters (like 30ish)

I heard there's gonna be an anime but this falls under the Berserk and Welcome to Ballroom category of "the anime cant do the manga visuals justice"

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's very good and if anything visually sumptuous. If you're into fantasy, I'd give it a read since there aren't that many chapters (like 30ish)

I heard there's gonna be an anime but this falls under the Berserk and Welcome to Ballroom category of "the anime cant do the manga visuals justice"
It looks gorgeous, and that's what got me to add it to my list a few years back. I have little interest in anime, so I'll keep the manga in mind. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.