• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I just found out that an Italian editor announced 5toubun for a localisation, I really love to have physical volumes in my bookshelf so I will absolutely get them! I hope in the future also Kaguya will be localised, otherwise I must anyway buy the English volumes.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody reads So I'm a Spider so what? The title is a little strange, but trust me it's really good. I'm reading volume 1 of the LN right now, almost finished.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 160
r8ZGKel.gif

Nobody reads So I'm a Spider so what? The title is a little strange, but trust me it's really good. I'm reading volume 1 of the LN right now, almost finished.
I like the manga, though it's low as molasses at times. The anime doesn't look to hot though, though they still have time to improve it before it airs.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i binged the demon slayer anime and i loved it so i then binged the manga up to the current chapter and now i'm upset that i have to wait weekly for more demon slayer lmao

also, anyone have any manga recommendations for stuff in the Viz catalog?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
i binged the demon slayer anime and i loved it so i then binged the manga up to the current chapter and now i'm upset that i have to wait weekly for more demon slayer lmao

MHA, OPM, Kaguya, The Way of the Househusband, Komi can't communicate?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
WIT Studio has this new shit "Babylon" coming out that's apparently a political conspiracy show starring a prosecutor, and I've never heard of it. Apparently it's based on a manga that ran from 09 to 2016 but all I can find on it is a nearly empty MyAnimeList page.

Cosmozone

Apr 24, 2019
I read it. Best isekai manga I've read so far. Doesn't say much, though. Like its focus on the gaming aspect, but the isekai aspect should've been removed for an even better focus.

Volgihn

Oct 25, 2017

I've read all the LN and I hate what they do in the later volumes. IMO the story suffers when it changes perspective to the other summoned characters.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just learned about City Hunter Rebirth, which is an isekai where a middle aged office lady gets reincarnated into the City Hunter universe. I personally vouch for there to be more officially published self-insert fanfic.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
mangarock is getting shutdown. Damn. The app was pretty damn convenient for new release. I guess it was just a matter of time.

Oct 25, 2017
mangarock is getting shutdown. Damn. The app was pretty damn convenient for new release. I guess it was just a matter of time.
Didnt realize that was the actually company name and they had many other apps at least according to their comic posted to explain their path going forward and all the other legal apps they make.

Also dont really understand how they thought having an scanlation arm to the company wouldnt be frowned upon by publishers they were trying to make deals with.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to start reading Attack on Titan. Here goes!

Also, mangarock being shutdown is weird. The thing is, I WANT to pay for my manga and digital content, but it's surprisingly difficult to find a good and reliable app and platform to due that on. Part of why I used mangarock was for weird shit I would never find otherwise (scanlations included), so that will be missed.

So that said, what DO you guys use for your digital manga consumption? I have an iPad mini that I enjoy, so I just want to know the best place to buy and read manga (that SAVES me money from buying physical).

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Finally decided to start reading Attack on Titan. Here goes!

Also, mangarock being shutdown is weird. The thing is, I WANT to pay for my manga and digital content, but it's surprisingly difficult to find a good and reliable app and platform to due that on. Part of why I used mangarock was for weird shit I would never find otherwise (scanlations included), so that will be missed.

So that said, what DO you guys use for your digital manga consumption? I have an iPad mini that I enjoy, so I just want to know the best place to buy and read manga (that SAVES me money from buying physical).
I mainly use Bookwalker and Comixology. If your looking purely in terms of money spent Bookwalker is better because of its content cash back programmes.

Though if your talking official apps and value nothing beats SJ's $2 a month subscription.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Black Clover 1 - 33

What the hell. This is pretty good. I'm actually enjoying this.
Ah I remember when I felt this.
I hope you enjoy what follows.
A short and completed manga you might enjoy is Psyren, which I just checked and is in the Viz subscription. It ended almost a decade ago now but I only read it a couple months ago and enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a really good battle manga and it quickly became one of my favorites in the genre. It's 145 chapters total.

I was otherwise gonna recommend trying Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen, two really good currently running series, but they have a gap of chapters not included in the SJ app yet.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

The naming of LNs kills me. Like, why do they all have to be so fucking dumb??

I mainly use Bookwalker and Comixology. If your looking purely in terms of money spent Bookwalker is better because of its content cash back programmes.

Though if your talking official apps and value nothing beats SJ's $2 a month subscription.

Thanks for this. I read a ton of LNs, so Bookwalker might be a good option. I'm assuming those files will work with my Kindle?

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
The naming of LNs kills me. Like, why do they all have to be so fucking dumb??

Thanks for this. I read a ton of LNs, so Bookwalker might be a good option. I'm assuming those files will work with my Kindle?
No, They're DRM'd. I think J-novel offer arm free pubs as part of their subscription? I don't read LN's so I'm not that familiar with it.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I remember when I felt this.
I hope you enjoy what follows.

A short and completed manga you might enjoy is Psyren, which I just checked and is in the Viz subscription. It ended almost a decade ago now but I only read it a couple months ago and enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a really good battle manga and it quickly became one of my favorites in the genre. It's 145 chapters total.

I was otherwise gonna recommend trying Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen, two really good currently running series, but they have a gap of chapters not included in the SJ app yet.
Thanks

I've actually already read Psyren a while ago. I didnt realize the viz sub was mostly Shōnen jump stuff and I've already read a good chunk of that stuff since I'm a Shōnen battle fanatic lol.

Psyren is pretty good but I feel like it didn't reach its full potential. I enjoyed it though. Material High remains one of my favorite names for abilities ever though lol.

The other two I'll check out, i was actually looking at jujutsu Kaisen this morning but I saw that all the chapters weren't there yet :(

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Didnt realize that was the actually company name and they had many other apps at least according to their comic posted to explain their path going forward and all the other legal apps they make.

Also dont really understand how they thought having an scanlation arm to the company wouldnt be frowned upon by publishers they were trying to make deals with.
What's more hilarious is they started issuing a subscription a few weeks ago. They probably got away with just premium purchase but when they start charging C$6/month is when publishers stopped looking away.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
They just updated their FAQ about the closure and it looks like Manga Rock's servers are staying up and the app will continue to work if you have it.. but you won't be able to download it from the app store. I'm curious if I upgrade my phone and load my backup if it will still be accessible that way in the future.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
People. Come on, we just had a warning about talking about and naming Scanlators and illegal hosting sites two pages ago:
Official Staff Communication
Just a reminder: we don't mention scan groups or sites by name.

In other news, I'm enjoying Peerless Dad a stupid amount. It's dumb action 95% of the time, but occasionally it has these deep or emotionally moving moments.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Ordered all of Gon. Got Vol. 5 today, and the entire volume is one chapter lol. Love unique series like this.

Q4mO883.png

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Fella i'm back here to this thread to say

Shokugeki no Soma ending was dissapointing, and the foodgasm not as funny. But its okay, OG cooking master boy got an anime adaptation, so we can expect a better show about chef fighting against underground cooking organization.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Bye MangaRock, hopefully the first of many.

In the meantime, there's a high chance I'll get my first manga translation job with the French publisher Casterman very soon.
They publish the French versions of Atsushi Kaneko's mangas, Mari Yamazaki's, Jiro Taniguchi's, Dungeon Meshi... amongst others.
Did a 6 months internship over there as an editorial assistant to finish my master's degree this year.

Obviously can't tell details (the title hasn't been announced yet), but I'm pretty excited so I wanted to share that.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Volume 1 of the light novel, which is the source of the manga, releases in English in November. Hopefully an anime is announced next year.
Will defis buy the LN once it releases in November ish if the humor is kept up, I hear the web novel isn't particularly humorous compared to the Manga. The Manga has scenes where the lead gives a dead pan serious face and states "it's coming" then the Narrator bubble says (something he has always wanted to say) lmaaaao

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 184-185:
First off, I'm pretty disappointed that we aren't getting the forest map like most people expected. Cityscape B is a repeat map iirc so it's a major let down for the final match.

Oh well, At least Ikoma is back:

Q3rOtVNl.png

G3VHFFMl.png

Also Chika is starting off strong this match, but it looks like things won't go easily even with that brute strength. Though Yuma's eyes gave off the impression she was lying that she could do it? A lot of questions.
Saving the forest map for when they challenge the neighbors to an interplanetary competition /s

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
Will defis buy the LN once it releases in November ish if the humor is kept up, I hear the web novel isn't particularly humorous compared to the Manga. The Manga has scenes where the lead gives a dead pan serious face and states "it's coming" then the Narrator bubble says (something he has always wanted to say) lmaaaao
The LN/WN is funny, but the medium of manga does an excellent job of enhancing its comedic moments. Honestly, the LN/WN does an amazing job (for the most part) of flipping between super serious moments and moments of pure chuuni stupidity. With each arc seeming to have a pretty steady and consistent idea of how much it wants to swing in either direction.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Bye MangaRock, hopefully the first of many.

In the meantime, there's a high chance I'll get my first manga translation job with the French publisher Casterman very soon.
They publish the French versions of Atsushi Kaneko's mangas, Mari Yamazaki's, Jiro Taniguchi's, Dungeon Meshi... amongst others.
Did a 6 months internship over there as an editorial assistant to finish my master's degree this year.

Obviously can't tell details (the title hasn't been announced yet), but I'm pretty excited so I wanted to share that.
Wow congrats kurita, hope it works out !!

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
Bye ——————, hopefully the first of many.

hell yeah dude

Status
Not open for further replies.