• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Haikyuu!! 364

Goddamn. Another epic chapter. It's too bad we won't see Hinata again. Hopefully they still win the game.

August 2019
OP
OP
dramazen

dramazen

Oct 25, 2017
August 2019 Recommendation: SOIL (Atsushi Kaneko)

WMYLxhC.jpg

Horror mystery | 11 volumes, complete work, licensed in French
Something strange is going on in "Soil New Town." The sudden disappearance of a seemingly normal family leads the two detectives Yokoi and Onoda to the idyllic town in the middle of nowhere. What looks like a routine case at first quickly turns into a complex and deadly riddle where nothing is what it seems to be. Will the two disparate investigators manage to solve the mystery before it's too late? (source)

From 4 is a cutie:
The mystery manages to be intelligible but is still strange enough to allow for a variety of interesting scenarios that plague the town. (source)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haikyuu!! 364

This ones done in the next chapter or two. I'm mad about it but I should've seen it coming.

That dual-page spread was the biggest death flag lmao

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't the fan translation for that stop awhile ago? How did it end?
Series apparently got axed after over 300 chapters MC doesn't look like he ended up with anyone but inherits his aunts research

they 69 but then terumi gets fingered by his aunt—so no they don't actually do it and apparently his aunt is still a virgin

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Series apparently got axed after over 300 chapters MC doesn't look like he ended up with anyone but inherits his aunts research

they 69 but then terumi gets fingered by his aunt—so no they don't actually do it and apparently his aunt is still a virgin
wat

This is like if Bleach ended on the reveal that the last two arcs were just Aizen's bankai.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So the plan all along was to make Terumi
the ultimate sex for losing one's virginity with, weird

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real, it's been pretty clear they were going to lose here since before the match even started

I thought that at the beginning too but as the match went on I was wondering if Furudate was going to do a one and done story with them winning the championship this year.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Can anybody throw some good romance manga recs at me ? Looking/hoping for something in the vein of Just Because anime, so preferably fairly low key, less "animeish" kind of thing. Hopefully finished.

Allaur

Oct 30, 2017
Can anybody throw some good romance manga recs at me ? Looking/hoping for something in the vein of Just Because anime, so preferably fairly low key, less "animeish" kind of thing. Hopefully finished.
I would recommend reading Something about us / Our relationship is - it has a similiar vibe, and it's not standard anime romance - main female character is great. It's a korean webtoon but it's really interesting, has good drawing and finished (ending is pretty good too).

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that at the beginning too but as the match went on I was wondering if Furudate was going to do a one and done story with them winning the championship this year.

Yeah you're right, they got me too for a couple of chapters. But I was waiting for the fatigue to set in, especially after the way "day 3 hell" was emphasized after the Nekoma match.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Well Spy X Family was doing amazingly. It was about time it had to resort to tropey ass manga/anime humor.

I think the characters really shine when Anya is in the mix. She's the heart of the series. Without her, it's just average. Disappointed she didnt make an appearance in this chapter. I was really waiting for their shenanigans.

You might like Taiyou no Ie.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It is a pity that Spy x Family isn't published weekly, it would be really worth it and it could increase its popularity even more.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to enjoy Mission: Yozakura Family a lot and look forward to seeing in which direction this will go.
I actually found Mitama Security's 2nd chapter to be amusing, though it's still not a series I have strong feelings about.
Chainsaw Man continues to be bizarrly hype.
Kimetsu no Yaiba continues to be hype.

Kinda shelved everything else for now to let them build up some chapters.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really like the latest Beast Children chapter. The author went all out with the spreads and coloring and did a good job with fleshing out Yukito's character.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Bunny Drop Volumes 1 - 8

I've had these volumes for years and never got the chance to read it. Never had a chance to watch the anime either. I've always been told to pretend that the manga never existed but was never told why. I can now see why. I don't even want to read the last volume...

I'm not mad. Just really, really disappointed.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kimetsu no yaiba 173
4v1 and these fools still getting bodied.
That Rank 1 ain't no joke. When he casually was like "sixteenth form" I was like "goddamn!". Love these kinds of fights where people just have to keep throwing themselves at an overwhelmingly strong opponent. And it's been a really interesting fight both in what actually happens and the more abstract elements and how the author visualizes those.

Oct 25, 2017
That Rank 1 ain't no joke. When he casually was like "sixteenth form" I was like "goddamn!". Love these kinds of fights where people just have to keep throwing themselves at an overwhelmingly strong opponent. And it's been a really interesting fight both in what actually happens and the more abstract elements and how the author visualizes those.
I read sixteenth and thought I was having seeing problems like o I must've read sixth 😂🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I assume he has way more than sixteen since he's lived so long and Pillars like Giyu have like eleven.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished up with Kengan Ashura and it was pretty good for a martial arts tournament manga, emphasis on tournament as I think like 80 to 90% of the series is a straight up giant martial arts tournament arc. Kind of felt like the Dark Tournament meets the Maximum tournament from Grappler Baki. Really solid arc, a lot great side characters even if the main guy is kind of been there, done that and surprisingly unpredictable. If you like fighting manga its a pretty good read. The CG anime on Netflix isn't bad either though it doesn't do the art justice a lot of times.

Edit: Also introduced me to yet another awesome old man bad ass character in Kuroki Gensai, the Devil's Lance

0JSdzS313fjdLpDXLbiihzGVKy5JvpRXZpHDWafa7cU.jpg

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished up with Kengan Ashura and it was pretty good for a martial arts tournament manga, emphasis on tournament as I think like 80 to 90% of the series is a straight up giant martial arts tournament arc. Kind of felt like the Dark Tournament meets the Maximum tournament from Grappler Baki. Really solid arc, a lot great side characters even if the main guy is kind of been there, done that and surprisingly unpredictable. If you like fighting manga its a pretty good read. The CG anime on Netflix isn't bad either though it doesn't do the art justice a lot of times.
you reading Kengan Omega, the sequel series

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I would recommend reading Something about us / Our relationship is - it has a similiar vibe, and it's not standard anime romance - main female character is great. It's a korean webtoon but it's really interesting, has good drawing and finished (ending is pretty good too).
Will check it out. Domo.
You might like Taiyou no Ie.
Tried it a few backs and couldn't get into it, thanks though.
Have you read Velvet Kiss? That's one of my favorites.
Frankly, the premise and the h elements sound fishy but I'll give it a few chapters. Cheers.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I heard about it but I haven't checked it out yet. I admit I was pretty surprised that KA ended with the main character actually dying from all the insane damage he'd taken in like a weeks time so I'm curious how the sequel series follows that up.

It got new characters but also old ones popping up.

Author is setting up the pieces for a big tourney again.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Will check it out. Domo.

Tried it a few backs and couldn't get into it, thanks though.

Frankly, the premise and the h elements sound fishy but I'll give it a few chapters. Cheers.

I forgot Velvet Kiss was pretty much hentai, but I really liked the story enough to apparently recomend it accordingly haha.

I love good romance and slice of life stuff. I need to start building up a physical collection.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't the unspoken rule of Bunny Drop is watch the anime, then forget there's a manga as to not continue the story?
I never saw the anime. I've been 'warned' about the manga before sure, nobody ever told me why I shouldn't read it. I had no power yesterday and figured 'why not' since the manga has been on my shelf for years now. I read the first 8 yesterday and decided to end it this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.