• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never saw the anime. I've been 'warned' about the manga before sure, nobody ever told me why I shouldn't read it. I had no power yesterday and figured 'why not' since the manga has been on my shelf for years now. I read the first 8 yesterday and decided to end it this morning.
oh man haha. Someone should have properly warned you. Like yeah it's a spoiler, but it's one of those situations worth being spoiled on at least to a certain degree to make sure to avoid it.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
You have me really intrigued by this Bunny Drop manga talk. But the price on the volumes is way out of my reach at the moment. Nope.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not great, but at least it's not his biological daughter? Haha

Is the story up to the ending worth reading at least?

DYYce2X.gif

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Should I assume that the terror in that book is also due to a pretty striking age difference? I googled it and it would appear as though the girl is...Young.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seems like Viz will take over doing Spy x Family, read some comments that the team who had been localizing it got taken off the project.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

We're lead to believe the adoptive father's granddad shagged up a 20yr old. Her mother left because reasons and granddad died of old age. Technically this would make her his grand aunt despite her being 6 and him 30. This is until the final chapter where they pull the "it's okay they're not blood related," card... There was some wholesome drama involved up until volume 8 where she realized she loved her adoptive dad.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Should I assume that the terror in that book is also due to a pretty striking age difference? I googled it and it would appear as though the girl is...Young.

The issue is the first few volumes (or s1 of the anime) of Usagi Drop is just a wholesome father/adoptive daughter manga

Then a time skip happens, and without warning the series turns into "I wanna make babies with my father figure"

It wouldn't make it much better even if they built towards that ending, but it's such a massive tone shift that it leaves far more impact then other series that do a similarly cringe twist.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I assume he has way more than sixteen since he's lived so long and Pillars like Giyu have like eleven.
I don't know about "way more". Sixteen is already more than impressive enough and Giyu only has 11 because he learned a style that was passed down and added one new form instead of starting from scratch. Presumably previous Water users did the same and so Kokushibo probably had a similar 1 new Moon form per generation-equivalent period of time training with his style.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Saotome Senshu is ending in four chapters. I am very sad now.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I just discovered Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo. Wow I love it.

I honestly haven't read manga in years. I like cute stuff like Kaguya-Sama and Horimiya, so this is kinda up my alley. Any other recs for things like that?

Last edited:

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family is in a weird limbo now where Manga Plus switched it from all chapters being free to first 3 and latest 3 being free. But as far as I know there isn't yet a legitimate way to get the non-free chapters. It would have been nice if they kept it free on Manga Plus until they set up a legit way to get it.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give chainsaw man another chance after the barf chapter since I saw so many people praising it and... it still does absolutely nothing for me.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give chainsaw man another chance after the barf chapter since I saw so many people praising it and... it still does absolutely nothing for me.
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Like, I acknowledge it as a clever deconstruction of shonen battle manga, and as something that feels legitimately different from what else is running in the magazine. But yeah, I dunno. It has its moments, but I find it hard to stay invested.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah yall aren't the only ones. There's something that feels cynical/a downer of chainsaw man and while I'm normally into it, I can't with this author. The concept would work for me more if it didn't try to mix the outlandish quirky violent comedy with the depressing aspect.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think that was a sign they took over, but I imagine the reason is it's super popular and they likely want to release volumes.
That would also explain why they now have most of the chapters unavailable to view, despite not actually being available anywhere else. Wonder when Viz will officially add it to their catalog.

I hope we get the names switched back then
Considering that Ania, Loid, and Yor have all shown up in English in various parts of the background, I don't think they can ignore them for the superior localized names.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Spy X Family is in a weird limbo now where Manga Plus switched it from all chapters being free to first 3 and latest 3 being free. But as far as I know there isn't yet a legitimate way to get the non-free chapters. It would have been nice if they kept it free on Manga Plus until they set up a legit way to get it.

All chapters are still available to me. This might be a regional thing

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just discovered Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo. Wow I love it.

I honestly haven't read manga in years. I like cute stuff like Kaguya-Sama and Horimiya, so this is kinda up my alley. Any other recs for things like that?
For pure fluffy romance: Our Precious Conversations.
For fluff with more drama: Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Kono Oto Tomare
Oh no, I've caught up on like seven years of serialization in about a month. Series is great and I love the main cast. Can see why it would be compared to Chihayafuru, though I think I like this even more. Only storyline I wasn't big on was Yoshinaga's but it gets resolved fairly quick. Excited to see the direction where they are taking Momoya's arc.

Really enjoy how the author will do like 5 or 6 straight double page spreads for some of the performances or even of people just reacting.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kono Oto Tomare
Oh no, I've caught up on like seven years of serialization in about a month. Series is great and I love the main cast. Can see why it would be compared to Chihayafuru, though I think I like this even more. Only storyline I wasn't big on was Yoshinaga's but it gets resolved fairly quick. Excited to see the direction where they are taking Momoya's arc.

Really enjoy how the author will do like 5 or 6 straight double page spreads for some of the performances or even of people just reacting.
Hmmm adding this to the list.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hajime no Ippo 1272-1274

What a wild arc this has been, forgive the all caps in spoiler because, jesus.

SENDO KNOCKED DOWN EL DIABLO

SENDO KNOCKED DOWN RICARDO FUCKING MARTINEZ

MORIKAWA YOU FUCKING MADMAN

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
All chapters are still available to me. This might be a regional thing
I confirm that it seems in Europe all the chapters are still available.

5toubun 101
It seems that things are far from the ending of the manga, as I supposed. Let's see what he will actually tell the other girls and how they will react.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 101

Dude, this cliffhanger doesn't work if the series starts off with flashforward to him marrying one of them. I'm guessing he was actually going to make a choice, but the little kid made him chicken out. He doesn't seem like the type to lie to Ichika.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 101

Dude, this cliffhanger doesn't work if the series starts off with flashforward to him marrying one of them. I'm guessing he was actually going to make a choice, but the little kid made him chicken out. He doesn't seem like the type to lie to Ichika.
What if the Flashforward was just a dream?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 101

I think the author just wants to lengthen the manga. On one side, I started to fear when the child said that in that drama story the main character would choose only one sister and the others didn't have any closure... since it would be a hint for harem ending. But on the other side I still think it isn't as the manga will end and that, actually, this way the story can continue since the final decision is postponed.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the author just wants to lengthen the manga. On one side, I started to fear when the child said that in that drama story the main character would choose only one sister and the others didn't have any closure... since it would be a hint for harem ending. But on the other side I still think it isn't as the manga will end and that, actually, this way the story can continue since the final decision is postponed.
Harem endings only really make sense in series with heavy fantasy or sci-fi elements or take place in the past like in medieval or feudal settings . I've never seen a harem end in a realistic modern world setting before, I don't think it could work honestly. That and harem ends are kinda tacky, but that's my opinion. I really hope they don't go that route.

And yeah, the manga really blew up due to the anime, so I can see them trying to spread this out as long as possible.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
New Mitama Security chapter felt alright, mainly because it wasn't so padded like the first chapter. But it also had the same sort of structure as the first chapter, so it's in big danger of getting old fast.

Yozakura Family chapter 3 was enjoyable. It gave me real My Hero Academia training chapter vibes.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Finished reading Dragon Ball and Blade of the Immortal. I didn't expect Dragon Ball to be this brilliant, now I got the urge to revisit the Z sagas again due the garnered appreciation for the original.
As for Blade of the immortal, even though I found it kind of slow at the beginning (even dropped it a while) and I wasn't a fan of the artwork, it ended up being one of the best things I've read, few manga/anime I've covered have an ending that satisfying.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Attack On Titan 121

Holy crap what a crazy revelation, no idea where this is going, though it does further explain why Eren has acted so distant since the time skip.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Attack On Titan 121

Holy crap what a crazy revelation, no idea where this is going, though it does further explain why Eren has acted so distant since the time skip.
My money is on him wanting to use the founder's power to turn all the Eldians in the ghettos into Titans so they can strike a blow against Marlay.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Flag 47-48

This is probably going to end up being what I consider one one of the greatest manga of all time. Good lord this has been so good.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Kono Oto Tomare

The anime was pretty solid despite being kinda low budget. I like how this series doesnt take forever to resolve conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.