• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
As for Blade of the immortal, even though I found it kind of slow at the beginning (even dropped it a while) and I wasn't a fan of the artwork, it ended up being one of the best things I've read, few manga/anime I've covered have an ending that satisfying.

It got better and better. The entire second half was a roller coaster that went some places I was not expecting it to and gave you a large cast of really interesting or weird characters and all kinds of incredible action. The ending as you said was great as well and it was not a series that overstayed its welcome. In fact it left you wanting more. It also gave us one of the most detestable villains ever in Shira. There are few characters who made me as angry or disgusted as that fucking guy. When I realized he's raping that one little kid that is helping him I said out loud,"Someone needs to kill this fucking guy already!"

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 161:

I like that the guide's face was way more detailed than anyone else in the manga.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
It got better and better. The entire second half was a roller coaster that went some places I was not expecting it to and gave you a large cast of really interesting or weird characters and all kinds of incredible action. The ending as you said was great as well and it was not a series that overstayed its welcome. In fact it left you wanting more. It also gave us one of the most detestable villains ever in Shira. There are few characters who made me as angry or disgusted as that fucking guy. When I realized he's raping that one little kid that is helping him I said out loud,"Someone needs to kill this fucking guy already!"
Shira certainly left an impression, without a doubt one of the most memorable villains in manga.
Also happy to learn today that it has a sequel, the Bakumatsu Arc, which apparently takes places 80 years after the itto-ryu saga ended.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how half of the Kaguya chapter is just Aka putting photos from his actual trip to India and just using a manga filter lol

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see this chapter make it into the anime. Just take the manga filter off and have Maki and her brother walk in front of a clearly 2D background.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 161

I'm dead. Shotgun wedding arc all but confirmed.

gvk7F8T.png

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
36673766.jpg

Caterpillar Girl and Bad Texter Boy

Finally finished reading this after buying it ages ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit despite feeling it could have gone on slightly longer.

Basic scenario is the MC rejects his childhood friend Suzume feeling she is too 'perfect' for him and subsequently turns into a giant caterpillar which he has too now help support.

By the end they seem to switch perspectives with the MC loving and caring for Suzume, who by the end can assume a human form, has permanently transformed and has become very dismissive and callous towards others.

I'm defiantly going to be chewing on how it ended for a while. I'll probably reread it in a while since its only a single volume.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Cross-posting from the comic thread.
I'm making my Halloween reading list right now. Halloween recommendations, please. They don't necessarily have to be Horror, but if they have a Halloween vibe, that's also great. I've read everything by Ito, the big stuff from Hideshi Hino, Suehiro Maruo, Kazuo Umezu, Shintarou Kago, etc., and I've read a lot of the usual Horror recs: Ibitsu, Hideout, Kouishou Radeo, Fuan no Tane, etc.

A Huge Battleship , got anything for me?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The Comiq. Though I guess one can only read it in English if they have the back issues through Viz. Not sure if they'll ever do a volume release.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force v5

Obi and Hinawa were really good in the backstory, definitely are growing on me more and more.

Benimaru is as well though I still vastly prefer Arthur and Shinra for character and action as both have my favorite loadouts in this.

Scared of whoever is going to be immolated next.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haikyuu!! 365

Jesus that title drop at the end.

That was the first time they showed Oikawa all match right? That panel with the teacher's speech over it was so dead on.

Oct 26, 2017
Haikyuu
Everyone wishing Hinata to be ok and rest well THEN THERE IS KAGEYAMA TELLING HIM HE WON AGAIN...perfection

Hoping that the other characters can shine with Hinata on bed rest and they can make a come back win. I'm still holding out for a semi finals match up with Bokuto and Hinata's team

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Dr Stone 121
Holy shit. I was not expecting this series to take a turn like that, well done. This arc is so good, the finale is gonna be hype.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Haikyuu!! 365

Damn. That was a great chapter again. Great motivation by the teacher and followed by Kageyama talking shit to Hinata. lmao

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The Takagi-San spinoff with their daughter is so cute.

I love fluff. Need more fluff in my life.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
My Girl from the Other Side vol 8 came in today. Comes with the DVD of a short animation and a pamphlet with art and info about the animating process.

Oct 25, 2017
Double Taisei

Wonder if this is ending soon, they finally closed things out with Haga and Tai, I cried, but also smiled, Haga and either of them is a perfect couple and friendship, and Haga getting friends is lovely.

Beast Children

Epic play by Sakura

Sora is back, he should have been there from the start, really stills seems to be Sakura's only friend.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen 75
Gojo's abilities this arc have gotten some really interesting paneling. I thought the "Purple" attack's paneling was quite clever. Fight was enjoyable overall too.

Oct 25, 2017
Mission: Yozakura Family 4

This is actually not too bad. Way better than Demon Prince Poro.

Mitama Security 3

And this is still lame and unfunny. Put it in the pile with Double Taisei and Beast Children and Tokyo Shinobi Squad.

Oct 25, 2017
Mitama Security 3

And this is still lame and unfunny. Put it in the pile with Double Taisei and Beast Children and Tokyo Shinobi Squad.
Stop.

TSS is really fun and creative, and Double Taisei only took a little bit of time to hit its stride. Its pretty decent for now.

Beast Children as well.

Though Id only buy TSS of those three. Beast Children needs more compelling main cast members, reminds me of the faults I took with Robot x Laserbeam.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Really good week of jump chapters, especially HQ(!) and Stone
Jujutsu Kaisen 75
I kind of find it charming how the author tries to apply logic to these near incomprehensible powers. Last week it was negative times a negative is a positive. And now red and blue is purple. As if this helps make any sense of what is going on.

Cool fight. Gojo kind of looking like the villain not caring about the death and all. Has definitely bought into his own hype. Wonder if Geto's "turn" will be in part due to this?

Act Age 81
And so the whole cast and crew became complicit to this terrible plan that is going to certain to emotionally crush Yonagi.

Double Taisei 17
Series has kind of been winning me over. The comedy and general wackiness makes for a good time. Feel like it could have helped to get the day night swap earlier so it didn't look like it was giving up its main premise, but the way they did it probably works better in the volume format.
Yeah. The fact that the last... Five or six weeks, in a row I've been like "Holy fuck this chapter was a 10, how could this be even better than the last chapter" is a feat in its own. But the fact that its so consistently amazing, in art, story, pace, characters. Fuck I love it.
That has also been my reaction to this set.
Remember when Silver Spoon was a thing?
Maybe Arakawa will come back to finish silver spoon after adapting 10 more arslan novels lol

"Are you hearing this up in heaven" as they are kicking some dude in the balls is some of the funniest shit I've read in my life. I fucking lost it.
"It's a requiem from us to you"... pretty great

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Double Taisei 17
Series has kind of been winning me over. The comedy and general wackiness makes for a good time. Feel like it could have helped to get the day night swap earlier so it didn't look like it was giving up its main premise, but the way they did it probably works better in the volume format.

Yeah Double Taisei has been winning me over too as of late. I remember a couple issues ago my finger was hovering over its icon like "do I want to keep reading this or do I wait to see if it actually survives" but to my surprise I've been enjoying the recent chapters more than I expected to. Even if I'm not terribly invested, it's, as you say, a good time.
---------------------------------------------
I don't know what's been going on in Haikyu!! but it seems like I'm only 3ish volume releases away from being able to catch up.
I haven't started Vol. 34 yet but in 33 the match with Nekoma started (and what a way to set it up, I was legit brought to tears as it began) and I'm guessing they won since a recent Jump cover had Hinata with some dude clearly not on Nekoma lol but I'm looking forward to seeing that match unfold. The one before against Inarizaki is simply stellar and I have no doubt Nekoma will be the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.