• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 162

Hayasaka has finally snapped. It's only going to get worse for her from here. Also Papa Shirogane continues being one of the best characters in this series.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Issak Volume 1

Okay I got past the tasteless intro and it's actually good. I was afraid it was going to lean a bit too heavily on the 'superior Japanese warrior styling on European barbarians' thing but it's actually okay on that front. The titular character, Issak, is a real badass and there's a bit of 'who is this guy?' 'Sniping a guy from this distance? How is this even possible?' going around but it's bearable lol.

The fight scenes are really enjoyable. There's some siege action with a huge army that's really cool (and that one scene where the attacking army fires all their cannons on the castle is really well made), and some of the more intimate action is really intense too.

So far the story takes place in Southern Germany and I appreciate the fact that it's established at the beginning that Issak speaks Dutch (as he came to Europe on a Dutch ship) when speaking to German characters:
vlK5zS5.jpg

(Although, I haven't done any German in a long time but I'm not sure what the girl is saying is grammatically correct)

There's this scene at the beginning where the girl is like 'What is this heavy dialect? Is he from Northern Germany?' lol.

A couple of cool pages:

uwFVspw.jpg

Z1Vv8ns.jpg

hchU87B.jpg

ifD1Jmg.jpg

6LuvKZX.jpg

Dy2ZNqM.jpg

So far I'd recommend it, it's fun and the concept/historic setting is cool.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo why didn't anyone tell me that the team behind the Ultraman manga are doing a Getter Robo manga?

Oct 25, 2017
It seems a little late for this considering that the power creep would make a lot of this shit pointless anyway and its not like there weren't tons of characters with very specific bizarre powers.
Power levels was the precursor to Nen and the like.
Huh, interesting.

It's probably something similar to Haki from One Piece or Nen and the "blatant plagiarism" remark will a really dumb overreaction to a fairly generic kind of ability.

So basically, they planning to empower a "God mode"-style to break the universe or something like that?

And in other news, Baki's creator and Beastars's creator were revealed they are father and daughter just today.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf baki and beastars mangaka are father and daughter
Goddamn that's some elite manga bloodline

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 956

Finally someone realized the only Shichibukai not fucking them over every time they can are the braindead one and the sword dude who does literally nothing but wait for a reason to fuck them over

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man

There's Fujimoto's love of movies peeking through. How long until it's revealed the Gun Devil's true plan is to create the Ultimate Kino?

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Kimetsu no Yaiba 175

Feels like all of the pillars in that room are pretty much dead or at least crippled after this fight. It took 3 pillars and Genya to defeat Upper Moon 1 which is pretty crazy. I'm not even sure they've killed him yet too based on how previous fights go

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Destroy all of Humankind. They Can't Be Regenerated 10
EE3YbhxXYAE_aiq
EE3YbjBXkAA6iHS

TROUBLE IS APPROACHING!

The timejump to present time that happened a chapter ago laid out that SOMETHING happened to fracture the relationship between Emi and Hajime all these years ago, and that she still holds the relationship in the heart. With all the explanations that her parents are strict and that she basically lies to go play Magic (but, especially as we see here, she clearly is in love with Hajime and almost uses Magic as an excuse to have a private relationship with him), it really seems like we are building to that fracture in the next chapter or two

Also, Urza's Saga is out, people are bemoning Mirage block rotating out of Standard, and we get more long translators notes explaining obscure 90s references. So, it's still good

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Komi-san 200 until most recent chapter
The election ended, the clean freak girl won and Komi won some new friends, nothing that moved the plot much about her but I am gonna say I loved this moment
UWkpP29.png

It is so great to see komi be frustrated about losing because it is a sentiment that i would never guess she would have at the start of the manga, she also is speaking more, she is almost there.
Tadano continues to be the best average main character ever created, he patting Komi's head
Odz6GWt.png

caught me off guard even for him. Also his telepathic powers are becoming really strong, he is able to read the mind of people that arent Komi

Also shout-out for coolest dad in current manga
iGD1JiI.png

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Tony Valente (Radiant) drew a cover for L'Equipe (the most popular sports publication in France) for the 2019 Rugby World Cup, pretty neat:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 175

Feels like all of the pillars in that room are pretty much dead or at least crippled after this fight. It took 3 pillars and Genya to defeat Upper Moon 1 which is pretty crazy. I'm not even sure they've killed him yet too based on how previous fights go
Kimetsu no Yaiba 175
He is dead Jim. Judging by the last flashback, he no longer has the will to survive, and the red blade inside him is basically stopping him to do any technique. Anyway, another power up would be extremely redundant and boring to be honest.

That is by far, in my opinion, one of, if not the most incredibly intense fight I've witnessed in a manga. Bien joué.

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins Amazing! Dianne did something! I'm so happy right now!

Samurai 8 M'kay, that was pretty cool. Seems like a bit of an impractical style to have to chop yourself up to avoid attacks, but atleast its interesting.

One Piece Hehehe yeah sure the marine are totally going to bring in Hawk Eye. Totes.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 175

Me, imagining Ufotable's adaptation of this chapter:
ZB2PMlY_d.jpg

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I recently started Kimetsu no Yaiba after buying the first physical volume. I am really appreciating it and I think I will continue the series since the setting is really well defined and the story has huge potentialities that I hope they have been and will be exploited.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this some kind of spin-off Kanocell manga with chibi-form?

I don't know what that is...
It's a series about a spy assigned to raise a family in order to get close to a reclusive politician. He adopts that girl who happens to have telepathy and fakes a relationship with a woman who seems innocent but is actually an assassin. It's actually really damn good.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Shinobi Squad

Darn the guy was a great friend and now he has to die? Wonder how theyll get out of this. Also. Itd be nice if for once a tourney actually finishes.

Chainsawman

Darn wish we spent more with the lord chainsaw obssessed dude, he was great.

Movie part was nice as well.

Beast Children

Awwww yes. Sakura scored!

Double Taisei

Shonen Jumps best RomCom chapter in ages, lol, what even, Im still laughing.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Act Age

WHAT THE FUCK?!

What kind of insane bomb to drop is this!

I was fucking your dad while your mom was sick and dying, he was with me when your mother died

Now take your anger at me and go out on the stage and perform

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if Hayako is telling the truth then that was a super spicy bomb to drop. Yonagi isn't in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.