• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 104

Is Fuutarou going to have a kiss with each quintuplet? So that at the end he can understand who was the "bell kisser"?
I don't think that this arc will be the last one, also because there are no announcements and popularity will even increase when Season 2 will air, but some aspetcs of this arc will be clearly conclusive.
Why wasn't the kiss with the best girl properly showed? Nino won't win, but at least this...

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I find that hard to believe when it didnt chart in the first half meaning that it needs to cover over 2 million of difference and TPN new volumes sell better
From the same guy who makes all those sales charts:

iEsX2bi.png

Oct 27, 2017
Watamote 1 - 163
What a ride

Kanojo, Okarishimasu 1-8
The older I grow the more tired I am of these kinds of contrived coincidences in entertainment.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Oh yeah, Watamote changes a lot as it goes on, it's a shame that the anime ends so soon because after that, well, Tomoko doesn't exactly turn her life around and becomes the most popular and beloved girl in school, but she actually eases up and gets her own group of friends.

She still feels anxious around people and has trouble hanging with people sometimes, but having friends that aren't in another school really changes her outlook and it's nice seeing the series get a much more positive vibe.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, Watamote changes a lot as it goes on, it's a shame that the anime ends so soon because after that, well, Tomoko doesn't exactly turn her life around and becomes the most popular and beloved girl in school, but she actually eases up and gets her own group of friends.

She still feels anxious around people and has trouble hanging with people sometimes, but having friends that aren't in another school really changes her outlook and it's nice seeing the series get a much more positive vibe.
Yeah it felt like painful cringe comedy at first to something heartwarming.

There's a discord for MangaEra ? Can I get an invite ?

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Don't know if anyone here is talking about it, but Shuumatsu No Valkyrie is awesome!

It's a plain tournament series with one twist, all the Gods from every Pantheon have declared that humanity will be extinct but before they can go through with it, the Valkyries declare Ragnarok, which in this series is a tournament between Gods and humans throughout history, and the first group to get a certain number of wins gets to decide what happens.

So it's a bunch of fights to the death to decide humanity's fate and the fights are crazy and pretty awesome, also, Fate shenanigans occur in that figures are changed to be more powerful, awesome and such to generate hype and awesomeness, as for the matches, so far we've had:

Thor VS Lu Bu
Zeus VS Adam, as in, the actual Adam from the Bible.
Poseidon VS Sasaki Kojiro

And right now the match in this tournament for the fate of mankind is:

Hercules VS Jack The Ripper

A bit sad that so far we've only had one Norse God fight and all the rest are Greek, but we've seen Shiva and others wanting to fight so hopefully that happens, but still, yeah, it's pretty much a tournament manga, a popcorn manga that isn't very deep, but hey, sometimes it's just fun seeing awesome characters do cool stuff in awesome fights.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 104

Is Fuutarou going to have a kiss with each quintuplet? So that at the end he can understand who was the "bell kisser"?
I don't think that this arc will be the last one, also because there are no announcements and popularity will even increase when Season 2 will air, but some aspetcs of this arc will be clearly conclusive.
Why wasn't the kiss with the best girl properly showed? Nino won't win, but at least this...
Pretty sure no kiss has actually been shown on screen/panel. Probably saving that for the final chapter. Or never, considering some other manga. Can't show lips touching for some reason.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Silfer 🤦🏾‍♂️

you holding out point me out more 👀
Lol
If you want something new to read from Shonen Jump, then I'd recommend trying Jujutsu Kaisen (battle shonen) and Act-Age (manga about acting). Both quite good and I enjoy them a lot.

If you want non-Shonen Jump battle shonen, then I'd recommend Radiant (fantasy, adventure), Fire Force (I think you already tried the anime but I'm not sure) or World Trigger (sci-fi). Passionate about all three.

If you want comedy, then I'd recommend Grand Blue, Kaguya: Love is War or Spy x Family which I got into recently because of this thread.

Really if you ever want me to recommend me something to you and are in a mood for something specific, feel free to ask. But I read and like so much stuff that there's just too much and I don't want to list 20 different things every time I get the feeling someone could use something new. When you got an agenda to push, you gotta keep it focused lol. And for now, the agenda is still Black Clover and Dr. Stone, with the rare mention of Grand Blue (my favorite comedy) or something else.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
The problem is that threads like these sometimes brings to the spotlight some less known series that you just get curious about and your read list increases.

Or you read something online and it makes you curious, or you find an anime that ends up being an adaptation of a manga and then want to read it, it happens.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that threads like these sometimes brings to the spotlight some less known series that you just get curious about and your read list increases.

Or you read something online and it makes you curious, or you find an anime that ends up being an adaptation of a manga and then want to read it, it happens.
Only a problem for as long as you think you have to finish a read list lol. I've made peace with never reading everything I'm interested in, just as I won't watch every anime I want to or play everything. I just look at it as meaning I at least won't ever truly be bored haha.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Yeah, i have the same thing, a lot of stuff i want to get into, but not enough time for everything and sometimes i just stick with what i know, even worse when i sometimes just reread or rewatch something i know rather than something new.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i have the same thing, a lot of stuff i want to get into, but not enough time for everything and sometimes i just stick with what i know, even worse when i sometimes just reread or rewatch something i know rather than something new.
Happens to me too. Sometimes I'm like "okay time to start *insert new series* or...maybe I'll read all of Black Clover again" (honestly lost count at this point). Or sometimes it's just I have no money left to buy manga so I'm just like "welp, MHA from the top let's go"

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Pretty sure no kiss has actually been shown on screen/panel. Probably saving that for the final chapter. Or never, considering some other manga. Can't show lips touching for some reason.
Yes, I don't know why many romantic manga do not show kisses, sometimes also in the ending. But 5toubun already broke several traditional clichès, like when Nino confessed after Fuutarou didn't hear her initial confession - in a classical RomCom, she would have simply waited another confession. So I was thinking more kisses would have been showed. Kaguya wins from this point of view.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Happens to me too. Sometimes I'm like "okay time to start *insert new series* or...maybe I'll read all of Black Clover again" (honestly lost count at this point). Or sometimes it's just I have no money left to buy manga so I'm just like "welp, MHA from the top let's go"
It's quite easy, for example, since you mentioned MHA, i have many anime i am meaning to watch, but i have seen a superhero anime three times already called Tentai Senshi Sunred, and that show is just "Seinfeld meets Super Sentai" revolving around the Red Ranger of a former Sentai team now being an unemployed moocher living with his adult girlfriend and the evil organization still trying to kill him in their quest to conquer the world and the way both live in modern society, also, openings that have more action than the show actually does:

I have seen all 52 episodes a few times already, it's just a relaxing fun show to me even if not the most well known series and one that likely would have better off coming out years later next to OPM and MHA, but yeah, i could have seen so much stuff rather than watching the strangely comfy to me Sunred three times already and right now feeling the urge to watch some episodes again.

OH YEAH, manga thread, there is this manga with a great first chapter called "May I Ask For One Final Thing" which goes for the whole thing of "Villainess or noble girl is replaced by some other random seemingly saintly girl that the prince found" and instead of being banished or whatever, the MC goes...for lack of a better word, BERSERK on everyone, not sure if it has enough to be interesting for many chapters, but dear God, that first chapter is great as an oneshot.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Vinland Saga 165

It looks like we are now at the point where Thorfinn makes his entrance in the Greenlandic Saga.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Biggest problem to me is starting on a new series, binging everything you can for days at a time, then finally catching up and having to wait. I caught up to Kingdom years ago but man I wish he could put out like double the chapters (and if he did I'd probably demand more).

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Strange question, but does anyone have any recommendations for Mario-Like sports series?

And by that, i mean, manga where they clearly do insane and impossible stuff during matches, where there are fiery ball attacks and beams, or really high jumps, and i don't mean something like dramatizing small kids who can jump really high in volleyball, i mean just utterly insane stuff.

The closest i can think of is an anime series called Inazuma Eleven, which, i know, there are some manga spin-offs but they aren't translated or there is very little of, but Inazuma Eleven goes exactly for what i am looking for, as it's soccer where everyone can do stuff like summon monsters, shake the very ground, slow down time, turn the soccer ball into a surfboard, or just summon or create spirits made of water and other elements.

They even get their equivalent of Stands called Avatars which can further fuse with soccer players as armor and such, and it left me wanting more insane sports series like that.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
A lot of sports manga is like that, maybe not as over the top (and man Inazuma Eleven has the same moves over and over). I assume you read Eyeshield 21 already?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Strange question, but does anyone have any recommendations for Mario-Like sports series?

And by that, i mean, manga where they clearly do insane and impossible stuff during matches, where there are fiery ball attacks and beams, or really high jumps, and i don't mean something like dramatizing small kids who can jump really high in volleyball, i mean just utterly insane stuff.

The closest i can think of is an anime series called Inazuma Eleven, which, i know, there are some manga spin-offs but they aren't translated or there is very little of, but Inazuma Eleven goes exactly for what i am looking for, as it's soccer where everyone can do stuff like summon monsters, shake the very ground, slow down time, turn the soccer ball into a surfboard, or just summon or create spirits made of water and other elements.

They even get their equivalent of Stands called Avatars which can further fuse with soccer players as armor and such, and it left me wanting more insane sports series like that.

Damn it I read the beginning of the post thinking I'd recommend Inazuma Eleven haha. Love the techniques in that
EmbarrassedInfatuatedDunlin-max-1mb.gif

bf6.gif

AfraidRigidGorilla-size_restricted.gif

I have no recs to offer but I too would love something else like this.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Isn't Inazuma Eleven created by Level 5? Because that kind of stuff is also a staple of sports video games to liven things up (like the original NES dodge ball). I think it comes from Captain Tsubasa but maybe it predates that?

I think Prince of Tennis and Kuroku no Basketl are similar to Eyeshield.

Oh, and I know you're probably talking team sport, but since we were talking about it earlier, Kinnikuman.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Inazuma Eleven created by Level 5? Because that kind of stuff is also a staple of sports video games to liven things up (like the original NES dodge ball). I think it comes from Captain Tsubasa but maybe it predates that?

Oh, and I know you're probably talking team sport, but since we were talking about it earlier, Kinnikuman.

Yeah it's Level 5.
Captain Tsubasa has special moves but people aren't actually invoking the power the elements/stands/galaxies when doing them haha. It's just regular shots that are super fast or have weird trajectories, stuff like that.

Gonna have to check out Prince of Tennis and Eyeshield though, if they're like Kuroko. The one thing I've seen from Prince of Tennis is some move wiping out the dinosaurs or something.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah it's Level 5.
Captain Tsubasa has special moves but people aren't actually invoking the power the elements/stands/galaxies when doing them haha. It's just regular shots that are super fast or have weird trajectories, stuff like that.

Gonna have to check out Prince of Tennis and Eyeshield though, if they're like Kuroko. The one thing I've seen from Prince of Tennis is some move wiping out the dinosaurs or something.

Oh, if you've never read Eyeshield 21 (and you're doing manga over the anime) yeah, that seems right up your alley. Not galaxy defying stunts or anything but tons of special moves.

Also, not a manga, not even Japanese, but check out the movie Shaolin Soccer if you haven't seen it.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019

Have read Eyeshield 21 and a bit of Kuroku but stopped reading halfway through, no reason really, just stopped.

Never tried Prince Of Tennis even if i have heard about it, and yeah, i know about Kinnikuman, i have read every available chapter so far and am enjoying everything after the series came back in 2011, i actually think it's better than the classic stuff even, better art, better writing, more likeable characters, less toilet humor and even the fights continue to be pretty awesome.

Also, for the first time, they are actually dealing with the fact that Satan is an actual being and that some villains were powered up by him through deals, as the current villains are doing what he wants without realizing and he has some kind of master plan:
M19.jpg

He is also massive which makes me curious as to how anyone will make wrestling moves on him, how the hell do you suplex a guy bigger than Earth!?

Oh, and he trapped almost every good guy except Suguru who due to his bumbling nature and luck, was the only one to not get trapped under a barrier making him have to team up...with the other contenders for the throne who all come back, even Big Body, and yes, Phoenix comes back and also Soldier.

I have to admit, after the Throne Arc i didn't really expect the Princes to come back, much less get a whole arc where they team up with Suguru in the name of Justice against Satan.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Her character design was already a tight fit there, I think she could easily be a one-off thing and Oda always thought she's from Wano

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Learned about Ultra Kaiju Humanization Project and it's weird, i mean, i think everyone here knows about Neptunia and Kantai Collection, series about objects being personified?

Well, in this case it's Kaijus from the Ultraman franchise, as girls that could be in quite a few slice-of-life series aside from having some different body parts and that's about it, i swear, a lot of references just come from them having the names of Kaijus, well at least Zetton wants to invade the world, which befits Zetton, since, you know, the original Ultraman was killed by Zetton in his path of conquest before humans killed it.

I mean, it's not as if the girls walking around is anything special since a big thing about Kaijus in Ultraman is that not a lot of them are bestial but actually just as smart as humans if not smarter with many having master plans, alliances and even using technology or magic to fight, some of the fights even just occur because a Kaiju is an assassin or criminal by trade, and we have seen many Kaijus talk and have personalities.

It's just...still weird seeing them human-sized, looking more like humans and going to school, then again, this is the same franchise that has had Kaijus willingly becoming human-sized and just wanting to live around humans, finding it hard and then deciding to form a soccer team with their powers and abilities to become famous and...and...you know what, maybe a spin-off where Kaijus are teen monster girls hanging out in a school isn't that weird.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Grashros 15-47 [END]

Bruh what...

When I left off a while ago I thought it was just a pretty interesting manga for being about prehistoric cavemen. After the first arc though it's pretty much straight-up sexploitation. In manga/anime terms I guess that would put it closer to some of the otaku-bait stuff these days but thematically this really feels closer to like, Conan or some other 80's Frazetta-esque dark fantasy.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I don't know why many romantic manga do not show kisses, sometimes also in the ending. But 5toubun already broke several traditional clichès, like when Nino confessed after Fuutarou didn't hear her initial confession - in a classical RomCom, she would have simply waited another confession. So I was thinking more kisses would have been showed. Kaguya wins from this point of view.
If hand holding and indirect kisses are super lewd what does that make actual lips touching?

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Onii-Chan Is Done For 32- Can't believe this updated and it still confuses me, i get it, gender-bender manga where guy transformed into a girl finds that is girl side is better looking and seems to get a better life.

But, for some reason, i can't quite tell if he really wants to get back to being a man or if that will be the ending, i also still continue to be annoyed at how easily his sister got away with doing experiments on him without informing him to change genders and is still just chilling, at least the manga seems more willing to remember that, damn, the main character used to be a man, this last chapters in particular really remembered that in fact, but some details makes me wonder if the main character is really all that commited to getting back into being a man.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

So, it's much confirms that Whitebeard crew was actually live on Wano isle.

Iirc Kiku is a recent recruit(as in just before she time traveled), she calls Kinnemon master or something so I think she just joined the red scabbards before the whole Oden thing happenned and was still learning under Kinnemon

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 186-187:

Me before these chapters:
0FIuOoWm.png

Me after these chapters:
4unnGGz.png

Well Hyuse is in quite the pickle with a shot up leg and an arm gone. Also this should quiet people saying they would win easy if Chika just spammed Meteor. Good on Chika for upping her shielding proficiency though.

Oct 25, 2017
1570182005588.jpg

PLEASE READ SAMURAI 8! WE WANT EVERYONE TO READ SAMURAI 8! WHY AREN'T YOU READING SAMURAI 8?

Jeez, I thought the whole "Jump Push" idea was made up by shit-posters. This is just weird.

Oct 26, 2017
Haikyuu
In the end, I'm glad it went this route because one of Karusano's goal was to come back as a powerhouse school after it had fallen from grace which I think they accomplished. It also shows that even the defending school was knocked out and the top 3 aces are not undefeatable. Still a shame the 3rd years couldn't have the victory of the finals but they made it to the tournament in the end and werent knocked out immediately. As one of the twins says it's one thing to win a match it's another if it's a good match. Taking out Hinata while annoying to me last week, made sense now because he had never really played volleyball til his first yr of highschool and for him to suddenly be standing in a tournament and blowing every one away--if they had won the tournament, I thought it would have been weaker writing. I mean people at his school still think he's a gopher for the volley ball team and havent acknowledged him until they've seen him play. He wasn't invited to any of the training sessions (well he snuck in to one). I think when he's a 2nd yr it'll be more impressive to see how Hinata grows and how it affects the other players both on his team and others as especially since we're gonna have a lot of rematches coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.