• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
KnY 177
Akaza should have been the last upper Moon, I can hardly care less about Koku and his backstory boiling down to being jealous of his genius brother

Chainsawman 41
I have a bad feeling about this, I really hope it doesn't go the way I think it's going to go

Spy X Family 15
Probably the funniest chapter yet, best dodgeball match since HxH

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think so?

At least i can't recall any like that, there is always something even if it's romantic shenanigans revolving around quirky and influential people, there is nothing about an Isekai that leads to something like K-On, or, if there is, i have not read that manga.

...Oh yeah, can anyone tell me the name of one Isekai manga that i somehow forgot and it's driving me nuts?

It's one of those Otome Isekai stories where a girl reincarnates as a villainess and ends up being replaced by the heroine despite not being a bad person, so she decides to take advantage of the fantasy like aspect of the world to go after the Demon King himself and try to seduce him, if she can't marry a Prince and get all the luxury, why not go after the King that will eventually appear and try to help him not be destroyed by the heroine?

Cue a confused villain and his demon henchmen(and his one human helper) as this noble girl tries to give him food with aphrodisiacs inside of it, tries to sneakily make him sign marriage documents and all that with the Demon King being unable to kill this really weird noble girl who is smarter and deadlier than she looks despite acting like a crazy gold digger basically.

So yeah, typical Otome Isekai, only instead of the villainess being happy about losing her position, being worried about a bad end, or being so nice everyone loves her already, she is an unpopular girl that with her game knowledge decides to stop being a minor villain and go seduce the final boss of the game.

I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss (Akuyaku Reijou Nanode Rasubosu wo Katte Mimashita)

Is it this one?

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Ordered 2 3-in-1 volumes of Skip Beat from Indigo yesterday. (On a deep sale, only $10 CAD each)

I know it'll probably be another few days before they show up, but I'm excited.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I Fell in Love, so I Tried Livestreaming

Truly a manga for our era. Looking ahead it seems like it might actually be kinda cute.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I decided to try and give Samurai 8 another shot and...... did Kishimoto just manage to write in an in series excuse for the girl character to just stand around and cheer on the mc, like it's legit part of the battle system
Yea the inherent sexism regarding the whole Princess stuff is truly something else. It's one thing for female characters in shounen series to be typically rather... disappointing in one way or another, but to unironically make it an actual part of the narrative is extremely frustrating. Then again, this is the same author responsible for Sakura, so not like I'm that surprised.

I like Samurai 8 but I soooo dislike this aspect of it. Bluntly from the start being like "lolyeah girls won't fight here either" despite having hindsight from Naruto is incredible to me. And the fact it looks even worse in the context of the other series in SJ right now does not help at all. I'm sure there'll eventually be one samurai who is a woman and the manga will be like "oh look she's the exception isn't she so cool" but I'd rather the system just not be like that to begin with.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I've heard SO many things about Ito's works...So I plan to read through them this month in celebration of the best time of year!

If anyone has a suggestion for reading order on them, I'd love to hear it.

jiUj1SD.jpg
Out of the 2 that I read, Uzumaki is his best work. I know tomie is other people's favorite but I haven't read it. Gyo is good but kinda loses luster in a little over the halfway point. Just read them in that order.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Volume preparation month is going to be a thing going forward with only one chapter instead of two. Rough time to be cut short a chapter, but at least he is doing good at managing his health.
Ud9kG79l.png

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
I've been binging Otome Isekais and this one was enough different from the others that I could remember it xD
It has updated again, well, why do reincarnated heroines in this kind of "villainess" stories tend to be evil?

Also, damn, the original ending for Claude's route makes no damn sense as the MC points out, it goes completely against his backstory, personality and everything we saw in the manga so far, wonder what the hell the writers of that fictional game were thinking?

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
It has updated again, well, why do reincarnated heroines in this kind of "villainess" stories tend to be evil?

Also, damn, the original ending for Claude's route makes no damn sense as the MC points out, it goes completely against his backstory, personality and everything we saw in the manga so far, wonder what the hell the writers of that fictional game were thinking?

I guess the story still needs a villain and that's the easiest way to do it.There are some where another person with knowledge of the story/game also reincarnates and fights with the MC to control the "plot".

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
I guess the story still needs a villain and that's the easiest way to do it.There are some where another person with knowledge of the story/game also reincarnates and fights with the MC to control the "plot".
Not always, one Otome Isekai called "The Result of Being Reincarnated is Having a Master-Servant Relationship with the Yandere Love Interest" has a reveal that one other character is also a reincarnation, but that one tries to help the main character.

Though said character didn't reincarnate as the villainess like the main character nor the heroine, but that one still went out of it's way to warn the villainess of her upcoming tragic fate(it's a game where all the love interests are yanderes) and try to change her attitude or just hope the warning saves her life...just because that character knew it could save or change someone for the better, it had no idea the villainess was also someone who reincarnated...saying "it" to keep something at least unspoiled by the way.

But that's a rare case of an Otome Isekai having a fellow reincarnator that isn't a jerk trying to manipulate everyone or ruin the life of the main character.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Not always, one Otome Isekai called "The Result of Being Reincarnated is Having a Master-Servant Relationship with the Yandere Love Interest" has a reveal that one other character is also a reincarnation, but that one tries to help the main character.

Though said character didn't reincarnate as the villainess like the main character nor the heroine, but that one still went out of it's way to warn the villainess of her upcoming tragic fate(it's a game where all the love interests are yanderes) and try to change her attitude or just hope the warning saves her life...just because that character knew it could save or change someone for the better, it had no idea the villainess was also someone who reincarnated...saying "it" to keep something at least unspoiled by the way.

But that's a rare case of an Otome Isekai having a fellow reincarnator that isn't a jerk trying to manipulate everyone or ruin the life of the main character.

I'll check it out! Thanks for trying to keep It spoiler-free :)

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Flag 49
Actually had be worried for a minute there that it could be an ugly argument, but turned into an adorable compliment fight. The goofy illustrations of Touma being cute because he is too big for his desk and holding stuff had me cracking up (as did his face when the compliment came in). The opposite with Futaba being too small was good too. Bouncing between the complex and simple character art in this series never gets old, author uses it so well.

Long wait for next chapter though :(

Soma fanbook.

Tsukuda wanted Soma and Erina to get married, but he "couldn't fit it in".
Asahi was added to make Soma realize his feelings for Erina.
Ryo and Alice were never meant to be a couple.

In conclusion: Yuto Tsukuda is a moron.

Hayama and Jun potentially married?!?!?!

I guess I badly misinterpreted the nature of that relationship. Thought she pretty much adopted him lol.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Komi Can't Communicate, Vol.3

Had a great time reading through this. Komi remains adorable, Tadano remains sweet and Najimi remains really funny. Love this main trio. I really liked the chapters with Komi's father and Komi's family. I liked the festival a lot too. Looking forward to the next one.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Love After World Domination 1

In a world with a Super Sentai team, the Red Ranger falls in love at first sight for one of the leaders of the villain organization he is fighting, declares his love for her in private and they both start dating while hiding everything from their teammates.

It's so Boarding School Juliet it hurts, it actually reminds me a lot of that only with a different theme, AKA, Super Sentai rather than fantasy.

Also, find it funny that the premise is exactly what Black General from Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san wants, to date a superhero, though in that series, japanese Batman is really not into villains.

Oh, and it's the same author and artist behind Mermaid Princes's Guilty Meal
mermaid_8.png

That one series about a mermaid princess ala Ariel going to the human world to pay respects to a friend that got caught, is forced to eat her friend and ends up loving it with her getting more and more into eating her fellow fish and friends and damn, Love After World Domination at least has no one eating their friends so there is at least that.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Out of the 2 that I read, Uzumaki is his best work. I know tomie is other people's favorite but I haven't read it. Gyo is good but kinda loses luster in a little over the halfway point. Just read them in that order.
Personally, Tomie just doesn't do it for me save for the famous shots. I feel it also ran out of steam by the halfway point.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So... it looks like the whole Initial D manga is free on Amazon Prime, but y'all say I should still watch the anime for the Eurobeat?

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
"Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness!" 2

A manga that seems to tell oneshots based on Otome Isekais and this one is much better than the first, since the first revolved around the Prince being a massive jerk just to "test" the feelings and love of the MC even stringing along another girl who thought they were dating for real just so he can casually break up and go back to the first one now that she has "proven" herself.

This one has none of that and thank God, also, holy crap, i think this is the first time i see a social execution scene where the Prince and all the love interests talk badly about the villainess, say all of her crimes out loud and then destroy her life...and the heroine is shocked and horrified at how mean-spirited that plan was and feels pity for the other girl, it's just weird seeing a heroine be like "Dude, she was not exactly nice to me all the time, but she never tried to kill me or anything, why are we ruining her whole life!?" which i don't think i have actually seen a heroine say or do before.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As you may know, this week Shonen Jump comes out early, on Friday Oct. 11th instead of the usual Sunday. If you are used to reading the illegal release, please consider just waiting for the official release this week. Never mind the fact that once you get used to the official release, the wait is always the same 1-week and is just Sun -> Sun instead of Fri -> Fri, this time the wait is the same for you even if you transition because it's Fri (leak) -> Fri (official). There are no bad times to transition to reading the official release but there certainly is no better time to do it than when Jump comes out early such as this week.

You can read it here:
Viz (United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, the Philippines, Singapore, and India)
Manga Plus (Worldwide except Japan, Korea and China)

Chapters come out at 4pm ET, 1pm PT, 8pm GMT

Please support the official release!

Status
Not open for further replies.