• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone reading Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga? Literally only picked it up because I randomly clicked on it when I was searching for something new to read and it's definitely one of the better time travel isekais out there. And I say that as someone who usually hates most isekai stuff.

It's about an agricultural student who gets trapped in Sengoku Japan and uses her knowledge of modern farming techniques (as well as her side hobby knowledge of history and weapons) to ingratiate herself with Oda Nobunaga. Not perfect but definitely worth a read unless your totally burnt out on the "time traveling student helps Oda Nobunaga conquer Japan" genre.

Also started reading Spy X Family. I love it.
1zpld7rxcb831.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Red Hood 1

What the fuck is wrong with Benkyo Tamaoki?

Why does this exist?

I need to bleach my soul after reading it

The tl;dr summary is
little red hood is an immortal 10 year old who'll soon be 11, she enjoys getting raped by older men as she looks for mr wolf who will eat her so she can die. She kills the men who have sex with her if they aren't able to kill her

I regret for opened that spoiler tag.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Red Hood 1

Why does this exist?

The tl;dr summary is
little red hood is an immortal 10 year old who'll soon be 11, she enjoys getting raped by older men as she looks for mr wolf who will eat her so she can die. She kills the men who have sex with her if they aren't able to kill her
wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

I tried the first 3 chapters. How is that shit even legal ?

Oct 25, 2017
This week's TOC.

Chainsaw Man (Cover & Lead Color)
One Piece
Dr. Stone
Promised Neverland
Act-Age (Color)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
My Hero Academia
Spy X Family (Special Chapter)
Mitama Security (Two Chapters)
We Never Learn
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mission Yozakura Family
Samurai 8
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Yui Kamio Let's Loose
Beast Children
Double Taisei

Next week:
Cover & Lead Color for Dr. Stone
Color for Haikyuu, Yuuna and a one shot called Tokyo Grind Horror Channel
There's also a Dr Stone spin-off coming about Byakuya.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beastars 31

giphy.gif

I swear every other chapter I have this reaction

JUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what a power move

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So in less than 24 hours I have read all of the available chs of Beastar.

Fuckin' aye this shit is top quality. I've not been this drawn in by a manga in a WHILE.

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man

I was half-right. She didn't tear his throat out, but she did kill him. She also seems to know the Typhoon Devil (bad timing on his appearance).

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Binged all of Kono Oto Tomare yesterday. That was pretty great. I enjoyed the anime and the manga gets a lot better from that point as well. Shame it releases so sporadically. I wish this and Love Lab got licensed already.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
9220skgd00t31.jpg

Personally, I wanna see God of School to get animated, but this one is close enough to be one.
Ever since this announcement, I've been so torn on if I want Bastard and Sweet Home adapted.
Like, both are Incredible stories. And Sweet Home is showing a lot of potential and is scary as fuck.
But at the same time, a lot of what the author does with the format will be lost on an animated medium.
I think it could still potentially work but they would have to completely nail the atmosphere.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Red Hood 1

Why does this exist?

The tl;dr summary is
giphy.gif

Give me a bottle too while you are at it. Just by reading the spoiler I feel I need to bleach my soul as well.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
1/11 - Chapter 20

I don't know if anyone else follow this manga, but it's one of my favorite sports manga. Which is funny considering how little football is actually in it

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since this announcement, I've been so torn on if I want Bastard and Sweet Home adapted.
Like, both are Incredible stories. And Sweet Home is showing a lot of potential and is scary as fuck.
But at the same time, a lot of what the author does with the format will be lost on an animated medium.
I think it could still potentially work but they would have to completely nail the atmosphere.
Nah I definitely want sweet home animated. It's both action and horror and the monster designs would look even more amazing. Plus the concept of "escaping the apartment complex little by little" is already a winning formula in movies (see the raid and dredd) I think it'd kick a lot of ass in a proper animated show.

The worst thing that happens is they make a just OK adaptation and if that's the case the comic still exists.the real answer to this question is scoob and shag but that ain't ever getting a proper legal show lmao

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I definitely want sweet home animated. It's both action and horror and the monster designs would look even more amazing. Plus the concept of "escaping the apartment complex little by little" is already a winning formula in movies (see the raid and dredd) I think it'd kick a lot of ass in a proper animated show.

The worst thing that happens is they make a just OK adaptation and if that's the case the comic still exists.the real answer to this question is scoob and shag but that ain't ever getting a proper legal show lmao
Crunchyroll is a Warner Brothers Subsidiary so you can get like halfway there on Scoob and Shag.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
So started and caught up to Chainsaw Man!! SHIT IS GOOD

....And the best girl already is dead :(

and you fucking had your chance too Denji!!!

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ok that Chainsawman color page with Makima...

giphy.gif

The twist was pretty predictable but man our boy Danji is gonna suffer from this :(

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Shinobi Squad 20

Omg no, no, no, please dont let something happen to En. We need more good Thailand dudes in mangas. He's great.

Jin always brings the best action scenes.

Beast Children

Oh yes, if this means Sakura best friend will be playing rugby eventually, I am hyped.

Last edited:

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spy x Family Extra Mission 2

Perfection.

Yor and Loid better be careful, Anya's got a future in this business if this chapter is any indication.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lookism would absolutely be my pick. It's melodrama at its finest. Can't wait to see it animated.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

So yeah this dialogue gets a yikes from me

Well, damn, that's an author tract if ever I saw one. Just grabbed that woman and turned her into a walkie-talkie for homophobia.
Spy x Family Extra Mission 2

Perfection.

Yor and Loid better be careful, Anya's got a future in this business if this chapter is any indication.
Anya is getting raised by the best spy and the best assassin in at least that general area, and she's a telepath to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.