• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
Skip Beat Ch275: Congrats Kyouko. You - dressed in a chicken-suit - have now probably just convinced the guy you're in love with - who you think is in love with someone else - to confess to you. Not to mention, the aforementioned guy is one of the biggest movie stars in Japan. Oh, and his dad - that no-one is allowed to know is his dad - has also wanted to adopt you for what feels like the last two-hundred chapters. Smooth.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Spy x Family Extra Mission 2
Anya makes this series really something else, any chapter where she has the psosibility to shine is so much fun to read!

So yeah this dialogue gets a yikes from me

And the most strange thing is that this dialogue just happens and finishes, it is completely meaningless to the chapter.
I just assume that, since the manga didn't reach enough popularity, Obha just decided to focus the second part of the manga after
kanade's death
on her ideas about religion, society, etc.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 149

Spoilering this since I know there are people reading it.
Did Legosi just get the Kaneki hair treatment?
Also lmao at that last panel.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force v11

Wow that special nude firefighter calendar chapter. Glad the writer knows what some in the series audience wants, Rekka Hoshimiya was incredibly hot.

Arthur and Shinra were great too.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 166
Between this chapter and the 164th, Fujiwara is showing that she cannot stand anymore to a Kaguya who has been confessed to.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 166

Glad Ishigami is improving himself, but he keeps ignoring the biggest thing that will get Tsubame to like him: actually talking to her and getting to know the real her and vice versa. Every time they're alone, she ask him to tell her about himself but he doesn't. That's probably going to be the downfall of their relationship.

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins HOW IS THIS STILL GOING ON CHRIST JUST BE OVER ALREADY!

Kaguya Working out is actually a really good way to build confidence. Yeah sure it's a bit superficial in some ways but I dunno when I was going to the gym regularly people said I looked good and that was nice.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 107
As it was predictable, Yotsuba was the one who got to the hospital because of overwork. Next chapter, I think that it is plausible she will reveal Fuutarou that she was the child he met in the past, it is the perfect time for it just before the kiss - and it is interesting to see how Fuutarou will react.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Seven Deadly Sins 329
I hope this fight is over now. How can your final villain be the biggest jobber in the series? Even Kaguya and Yhwach were better final villains than the Demon King.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to give this one a try and bought some goodies for my birthday.

Ora55py.jpg

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 71
The anime made Tem's Killer way more obvious than the manga. As soon as I saw the silhouette in the anime I immediately thought "that looks like a bear".

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I bought this

X0lqsAEf.png

Cheaper and used but the seller is a Berserk fan and looks like he is buying the spanish edition (and this is mexican lol) so it's a win-win for both of us. The only numbers I lack now are 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 31, 33, 35, 38. I can't believe I'm going to complete Berserk before than have luck to get Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer 3-4 new and cheap.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
So I bought this

X0lqsAEf.png

Cheaper and used but the seller is a Berserk fan and looks like he is buying the spanish edition (and this is mexican lol) so it's a win-win for both of us. The only numbers I lack now are 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 31, 33, 35, 38. I can't believe I'm going to complete Berserk before than have luck to get Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer 3-4 new and cheap.
Ugh. I wish Dark Horse put art on the spine. Y'know, something that's extremely common with manga volumes, especially when it's Berserk with its art.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ

(Before anyone comments on it, 'retard' means 'late' in French)

Tony Valente missed the deadline for the next volume of Radiant so it'll be delayed until February next year. He says he tried to finish the volume in 3 months, put in 15-hour days (which also resulted in back and vision issues apparently), but still didn't manage to make it...

On another note, he used to never use social media but he recently started an instagram account, it's got some cool previews of the next volume and some other art he's done.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Way of the House Husband #35:

How is it that it's essentially the same gag over and over and yet it's still fuckin' hilarious?

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
5Toubun 106

When will somebody finally lock those rapists up.

Also, I've been reading this intermittently so maybe I'm missing something but that gettogether in #97 weirds me out. Isn't mc-kun aware of interest from only 2 or 3 of the quintuplets ? And I'm not even sure if anybody else other than Nino made that interest official and public. Gathering your harem of 2/3 and going, "I shall now choose my bride" (as opposed to dealing with that in one on one talks) is already pretty weird and offputting but adding non interested parties in the mix makes it even more so.

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I managed to get the last available physical copy of the first volume of The Quintessential Quintuplets (5toubun), just released today, from the comic book store I am used to go. I went just an hour before the closing time, but I didn't think that they would have sold all the other copies (even though I don't know how many they ordered, maybe 2-3).
g1CHTJ1.jpg
The paperback binding is really good, including the dust cover. J-POP's volume are more expensive than other Italian editors (5,90€ against 4,30€ or 4,50€) but the quality is worth the price.

I want again to thank the Resetera community who weekly comment chapters in this topic! It is thanks to you that I found out about 5toubun, that I am really enjoying, and also Kaguya, whichis already among my manga top 3 (and I hope that next week some Italian editors will announce Kaguya's localization, I absolutely want to get the physical volumes).

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up on Beastars. I'll be honest, I liked it a lot at first, but after the Riz the bear arc I feel like it has been trying to focus more and more on being a battle manga very much to it's detriment, with some very weird decisions being made by almost the entire cast. I'll keep reading, but my enthusiasm for it has definitely died down a lot since my last post ie the chapter where Legosi eats Louis' foot for a power up.
Beastars 96
What the fuck... I feel very not okay with this.

Edit: BTW, I'm a little sad the manga didn't take the direction I was expecting it to take, where Legosi becomes an actor as a way to become more confident in himself, and then maybe becomes a leader for the school (aka Beastar). Instead they took the shounen route of find big bad, big bad beats the shit out of protagonist, get power up, beat big bad, rinse and repeat. Waste of potential.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Komi san latest
Really good chapters, great to see Komi "confessing", poor manbagi tho
The crossdressing chapter was fun too, specially with Katai being clueless and Hitomi being the best sister in manga history
wchx7or.png

Now to end my post everyone should be blessed by punk Kometani
z1AjIc7.png

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up on Beastars. I'll be honest, I liked it a lot at first, but after the Riz the bear arc I feel like it has been trying to focus more and more on being a battle manga very much to it's detriment, with some very weird decisions being made by almost the entire cast. I'll keep reading, but my enthusiasm for it has definitely died down a lot since my last post ie the chapter where Legosi eats Louis' foot for a power up.

Edit: BTW, I'm a little sad the manga didn't take the direction I was expecting it to take, where Legosi becomes an actor as a way to become more confident in himself, and then maybe becomes a leader for the school (aka Beastar). Instead they took the shounen route of find big bad, big bad beats the shit out of protagonist, get power up, beat big bad, rinse and repeat. Waste of potential.
I definitely feel conflicted in a similar way. It's still really good and one of my favourite ongoing series, but at the moment it's the weakest it's ever been to me.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting cold out so you know what means: time to binge some fluff.

Need some fluffy shoujo / romance suggestions. I've read a decent amount but hoping to find something new this year.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I just finished Hatsukoi Zombie and there feels like there is a giant hole in my soul and I don't really know what to do. For some reason the ending really made me happy and I don't want to leave that world. I love long running manga but I get so depressed when they are over...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Weekly Shounen Jump Issue #48:

Dr. Stone (Cover & Lead CP)
Dr. Stone reboot: Byakuya (Spin-Off)
One Piece
Demon Slayer
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
We Never Learn
Mitama Security: Spirit Busters
Black Clover
Tokyo Grind Horror Channel (One-Shot, CP)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings (CP)
Mission Yozakura Family
Chainsaw-man
Act-Age
Yui Kamio Breaks Loose
Double Taisei
Samurai 8
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #49:

Cover & LCP: Act-Age
CP: We Never Learn, Matou Seihei no Slave (Special Chapter, 32p)
Comedy One-Shot (15p)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Weekly Shounen Jump Issue #48:

Dr. Stone (Cover & Lead CP)
Dr. Stone reboot: Byakuya (Spin-Off)
One Piece
Demon Slayer
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
We Never Learn
Mitama Security: Spirit Busters
Black Clover
Tokyo Grind Horror Channel (One-Shot, CP)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings (CP)
Mission Yozakura Family
Chainsaw-man
Act-Age
Yui Kamio Breaks Loose
Double Taisei
Samurai 8
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Beast Children

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #49:

Cover & LCP: Act-Age
CP: We Never Learn, Matou Seihei no Slave (Special Chapter, 32p)
Comedy One-Shot (15p)
Dr. Stone is getting a spin off?

Status
Not open for further replies.