• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Quintessential Quintuplets Vol. 10

This has been out for a month and I didn't notice, urgh. And I watch new releases pretty regularly I thought.

Anyway this volume was all about WAR. What a total clusterfuck this turned out to be, at least it didn't end that way. Ichika taking herself out of the race, Miku getting hard-carried to a confession, Yotsuba accepting loss, Nino attempting to move but failing, and Itsuki.... is just kinda... there? Like Itsuki was mad about Futaro not recognizing her, but Yotsuba?? It get's harder and harder to believe Itsuki is even a small factor in all this. She really needs an arc.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Its Josei but have you read Nodame Cantabile?

Nope. I've heard a lot about it over the years so I'll finally take a look!

Have you read any of Otome Kaiju Caramelise yet?

I have not but this looks interesting lol

Horimiya is pretty good, the main pair is adorable and the group of friends are hilarious.

It's been years since I read Horimiya so I definitely have a lot to catch up on. I might just restart from the beginning.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018

- That Girl Is Just Not Cute
- Kawaii Hito
- Pujo to Yajuu
- Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru
- Necromance (more of a fantasy romcom)
- Survive As The Hero's Wife (Otome game Isekai, very adorkable)
- Elf Boyfriend & Boyish Girlfriend
- The Wolf Lord's Lady (Reincarnation love story, the LN made me cry)
- Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini
- Raise wa Tanin ga Ii (Absolutely bonkers)

Oct 25, 2017
Does it count as fan service when the women are so oddly drawn it looks like their heads are about to fall off their bodies.

I am amazed that someone that talented at drawing doesn't seem to know how to draw a woman's face. He can do the most detailed depictions of ripped 20 pack abs but a lady's face like it was done by an 16 year old. Its kinda amazing.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Otome Kaiju Caramelize 1-10

This is great. Happy that it's being localized as well. It's such a dumb concept but it's working really well so far.

- That Girl Is Just Not Cute
- Kawaii Hito
- Pujo to Yajuu
- Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru
- Necromance (more of a fantasy romcom)
- Survive As The Hero's Wife (Otome game Isekai, very adorkable)
- Elf Boyfriend & Boyish Girlfriend
- The Wolf Lord's Lady (Reincarnation love story, the LN made me cry)
- Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini
- Raise wa Tanin ga Ii (Absolutely bonkers)

Thanks for this list! Aside from the first one, the rest are totally new to me. Eager to check these out.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haikyuu 370

I'm ready. Let's do this arc.

Happy that Date Tech and the Miyas were able to get their revenge.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I Fell in Love, so I Tried Live-streaming 1-10
Hey, this is actually pretty good despite an awful title. Some cliches you expect from a romcom but also some really sweet moments done well. MC isn't too bad of a character too even though they went for the scary looking outside, but soft inside trope.

Oct 25, 2017
ryd5kjrqkku31.png

Children say the darnedest things...and savagery too.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The pub in this chapter is actually based in a real place here in Rio
images.png

75580435_499207617475964_1664111372624986112_n.png

It kinda wants me want to visit the place this week to take a photo

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just read all of Festival of Champions. Game Freak needs to fire their writers and hire this genius, pronto.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom 619
Daaaaaaaaamn, that guy was an original member of Shin's first 100 men. RIP Kyo Gai.

Kyoukai about to fuck up Houken's day.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mieruko Chan 17
Poor girl can't catch a break. This teacher seems to be even worse than I thought. If that window spirit is an indication then it seems he isn't just an animal serial killer but kills humans too.

That other girl seems lonely as well but I am glad that issue seems to be solved.

Itis getting really intense so far. Makes me hyped for the next chapter.

Chainsaw Man 44
Seems like the pain never stops for Denji. Poor guy have been decived since the start and it hurts to see that.

Jun 22, 2019
I just read all of Real (what is currently out) and damn. I already knew it would be good, but still. It was very good.

Chainsaw Man 44
Seems like the pain never stops for Denji. Poor guy have been decived since the start and it hurts to see that.

There absolutely needs to be a recurring motif of every single time he gets a kiss, something horrible happens.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the other series were monthly.
Don't get me wrong, that's still absolutely insane and probably life-threatening, but I think 2 weekly would be even worse.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Silver spoon return soon seemingly. Wonder if it will be like 3 chapters then another 18 month break or there is enough to maybe reach the end.
I think Mashima was doing 3 at one point during Fairy Tail's run. Some people are just machines.
He's got 3 going right now even lol. Edens Zero weekly, the Rave/FT/EZ crossover weekly for like a volumes worth, and then writing/storyboards for the FT sequel weekly (for a while before it goes back to bi-weekly).

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Silver spoon return soon seemingly. Wonder if it will be like 3 chapters then another 18 month break or there is enough to maybe reach the end.

He's got 3 going right now even lol. Edens Zero weekly, the Rave/FT/EZ crossover weekly for like a volumes worth, and then writing/storyboards for the FT sequel weekly (for a while before it goes back to bi-weekly).
I've still yet to see any convincing evidence to disprove my theory that Mashima is actually the world's most advance robot/AI

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force volume 12/13

ArthurShinra fight is the best thing yet and I want even more of their academy days detailed. Their friendship/rivalry is still one of the freshest things around.

Firestorm moment is one of the most incredible moments we've had for multiple fire company's combined.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
What makes the Nausicaa manga great is the that the long period of time it was produced over means the late volumes begin the analyse the basic assumptions of the earlier volumes in an amazing way.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I'm probably one of the few who likes the movie better than the manga. Plot-wise I feel the manga gets a little too crazy. Well either way you'll have a good time, most likely.

I like both, but if I didn't watch the anime first I'm not sure if I would read the manga. While I like the scope and world set into the manga more, the flow between panels isn't that great.

I think there's an idea about adaptations that don't cover the whole thing and therefore it must be worse. But that doesn't hold when they both highlight different aspects of the same work.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Not quite sure what parts you're talking about, it's been a while since I've read it. I just remember myself not enjoying it as much around maybe half way though. I might need to reread it, not anytime soon though.

EDIT:

I like both, but if I didn't watch the anime first I'm not sure if I would read the manga. While I like the scope and world set into the manga more, the flow between panels isn't that great.

I think there's an idea about adaptations that don't cover the whole thing and therefore it must be worse. But that doesn't hold when they both highlight different aspects of the same work.

I watched the anime first at a young age. Pretty much grew up with Ghibli films. So there might be an inherent bias. You're right that they highlight different parts of the story.

Some adaptions do well in cutting off the fat and making it more accessible. Often times they go too far or stray away from how it was originally envisioned. And of course some go above and beyond.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Beast children 22

What a crushing defeat for Sakura. His legs just went ut, but Im sure he totally loved this first game. Hope he's still all smiles.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 21

What if this actually ends with En's death. Like we have had series end with character's deaths (Stealth Symphony remember). Would cry for En.

Sweetest panel ever.

EH6UMTaX4AAk7bf

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So I caught up on Beastars

These are really old spoilers, but out of consideration for people who are catching up now
Of all things Louis did during his tenure as a leader of the lion mafia, the idea that he got involved with the child livestock trade just fucking irks me. Why would he put someone through the nightmare that haunts him to this day. I guess they don't suffer as much, because he fooled them into false sense of tranquility, but come ooooooon.

I had previously read bit and pieces of Beastars out of sequence so I didn't know that most of the meat sold in the market is actually acquired through peaceful means. This actually makes shit like child livestock trade that much more despicable and it really fucking irks me that Louis, himself a victim, got involved with that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think FukaBoku is my favorite manga in years. Honestly I'm very excited if this get translated in the States, I would buy it asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.