• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Ashihara is doing bad again and is taking a month off, so no new chapter for November 1st.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how the next Yuuna will play out in the magazine. Viz seems to be under contract to simulpub everything in Jump, I wonder if that holds unless another publisher licenses the series.

It will be tough. It's a thin line between trash and "worth keeping in Jump". I imagine Viz is super-weary on similar series after the disaster that was "E-Robot".

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Will it? If they are contractually obligated I'd imagine it just wouldn't get published on the official SJ app. They'd just go with the website and manga plus instead.

Oct 25, 2017
What happened with E-Robot? I assume some ecchi series that got canned. Is that is?

It ran in the American Shonen Jump for three chapters. It was one of the most poorly received series in the Jump Start line. Japan hated it too since it only ran for 13 chapters. Because of that, Viz was weary about adding ecchi series. Skipping Yuuna and the short lived "Lady Justice".

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 108
Well, I didn't expect such a kind of kiss, which Fuutarou has not been aware of. I guess that Yotsuba got her character development, but at the same time I feel she is also not getting married with Fuutarou. Her kiss is also the saddest out of the four. At this point Itsuki will really be the wife. We will see how she will kiss Fuutarou in two weeks' time.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It ran in the American Shonen Jump for three chapters. It was one of the most poorly received series in the Jump Start line. Japan hated it too since it only ran for 13 chapters. Because of that, Viz was weary about adding ecchi series. Skipping Yuuna and the short lived "Lady Justice".

Again that was in an era where they didn't have to translate everything

Now they do

So an ecchi series like Yuuna that does end up successful/popular they'll already have a bunch of chapters for.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of a scenario with Itsuki winning where I won't be disappointed.

Sorry can't

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I'm trying to think of a scenario with Itsuki winning where I won't be disappointed.

Sorry can't
She would need an arc, that's sure. At the moment, she never clearly showed any love feeling for Fuutarou. Even in recent chapters, she tried to keep him distant from her sisters, for example in the swimming pool chapter. I really wonder how the next two chapters will be planned. A confession would be crazy in such a short span of time, the same for a kiss - even though, if she is the wife, she is also the bell kisser so she already kissed Fuutarou.

Aran

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hoping he doesn't end up with Itsuki. Rooting for either Ichika or Miku.
Please be Ichika

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun 108

Much needed character development for Yotsuba, but that was still depressing to read. Yotsuba needs a hug.

And yeah, I'm still convinced that Itsuki is winning the whole thing just due to her "main girl" vibe she's had this entire series. If I think she'll win, I'll be more pleasantly surprised if she doesn't. At this point, I'd be happier with anyone other than her winning.

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Lol it's seem like Kimetsu's manga Vols are running out of stock faster than Shueisha's reprints.

The demand in Japan is crazy.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
5Tobun 108

I am kinda mixed on this chapter. It was great seeing Takebayashi and Yotsuba interact, and it looks like Yotsuba made a little progress regarding her dwelling on the past. However, there are some questionable decisions that, depending how this arc ends, make this chapter unsatisfactory.

1.) Yotsuba gives a farewell kiss as "Rena", while Fuutaro is asleep. Meaning if this is never followed up on, Fuutaro will never know the truth, even though that was a major plot point.
2.) Why is Yotsuba giving up AGAIN, when I thought the whole point was revealing her feelings regardless of what happened in the past?
3.) It seems kind of cheap to end an story arc that lingered since the beginning of the manga with a quick "get a hold of your self mate" in a matter of three days. It would have been better to end the plot point during the Kyoto Field Trip
if that was the case.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to catch up on APOSIMZ, and I gotta say, even though Nihei's newer stuff is lacking some of the detail he had in his previous work, his worlds are still some of my favorite things ever. I just love his visions of post-singularity technological wastelands. If he could just work on his story writing(and stop it with the tired cliches he suddenly developed a fondness for) he'd be my top manga author.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
anyone here reading its time for interrogation princess?

The demon king is fucking fantastic, every chapter when he appears he steals the show.

I started to read Helck Hero and I was thinking it was going to be your typical history with and overpowered main character but boy I was wrong. Around chapter 40 this manga has put me aboard on the feels train.

Oct 25, 2017
Early TOC this week.

Act-Age (Cover & Lead Color)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
We Never Learn (Color)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Haikyuu
Dr Stone
Black Clover
Mato Seihei no Slave (special chapter of Jump + series)
The Promised Neverland
Chainsaw Man
Mission Yozakura Family
Shirosugi! Aku no Soshiki (One Shot)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Miitama Security
Samurai 8
Yui Kamio Let's Loose
Double Taisei
Beast Children
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Dr Stone Reboot Byakuya

No My Hero Academia this week.

Next week will have cover & lead color for Kimetsu no Yaiba, and color for Chainsaw Man and a one-shot. There will also be no One Piece.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Silver Spoon ending in 4 chapters (enough to complete its 15th volume). Well, time to check out the series, I guess.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 167
Kashiwagi is so scaring in the last panel! Poor Miko, another traumatizing experience of her.
And I think that her DVD will return again in some chapters, I am looking forward to Kaguya's reactions after watching it.

Oct 25, 2017
Early TOC this week.

Act-Age (Cover & Lead Color)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
We Never Learn (Color)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Haikyuu
Dr Stone
Black Clover
Mato Seihei no Slave (special chapter of Jump + series)
The Promised Neverland
Chainsaw Man
Mission Yozakura Family
Shirosugi! Aku no Soshiki (One Shot)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Miitama Security
Samurai 8
Yui Kamio Let's Loose
Double Taisei
Beast Children
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Dr Stone Reboot Byakuya

No My Hero Academia this week.

Next week will have cover & lead color for Kimetsu no Yaiba, and color for Chainsaw Man and a one-shot. There will also be no One Piece.
getting close to Jujutsu Kaisen anime announcement time.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 167:
pZ8joa9.png

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 167

What a cute chapter. For once Miko didn't misunderstand anything.

What's Miko supposed to interpret from Kashi asking her if she'll "take responsibility" for what happens if Kaguya doesn't watch that video? Miko as far as I know doesn't know for sure that she's dating.

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
I started Mairimashita Iruma-kun (26 chapters): really funny so far, but boy the translation is very bad sometimes...

Yeah the group that was translating it for a loooong time were translating it from Japanese into Vietnamese and then into English, and where normally very very slow. They also were, not nice to any other group that wanted to try and do the English translation and would respond with badgering the other group on-line and pumping out lots of even worse translations to get them out quicker and sort of scare the other group off by putting themselves as far out ahead as possible.

Recently they've been convinced to stop doing the English translations but that's lead to a few people stepping into the power vacuum. Including one guy who just refuses to do chapters in order seemingly just because it piss people off. Hate to admit it but /a/ is probably the best ones translating it (well going in order) at the moment.

Ahhh internet drama.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 167:

Kaguya's life will never be the same considering just 5 months ago F had tell her what sex was.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only real contenders are Nino and Miku. Fuutarou has never shown any interest in Miku, and Miku is too timid.

Yotsuba and Itsuki have quit the race.

Ichika has never shown any interest in Fuutarou.

Ergo it's Nino.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Star Comics announced the Italian localization for Kaguya-sama, starting on May 2020! I am so happy that I will get the physical volumes of one of my favourite manga ever. Their manga format is also the format I like the most (they also localize One Piece, My Hero and Demon Slayer), so I am even happier.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only real contenders are Nino and Miku. Fuutarou has never shown any interest in Miku, and Miku is too timid.

Yotsuba and Itsuki have quit the race.

Ichika has never shown any interest in Fuutarou.

Ergo it's Nino.
I think you got Ichika and Itsuki mixed up.

That and Itsuki will probably fall for him herself at some point. Story isn't over yet.

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Exorcist 116

I believe it is time to start looking towards the future. Glad the birth is complete.

Owari no Serafu 84

It is fantastic that Kimizuki and Yoichi got to survive this, was going to be afraid. Too bad for Yoichi though he isnt the cute little cinnamon roll people like and actually holds a grudge hard.

Those keys though, they came back!

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 22

Wow that magnetism was pretty cool. Really awesome chapter.

Jin inspiring both en and cardinal.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mad Chimera World END

The ending was so bad and I wouldn't be recommend with this one.

Travelogue of the Succubus 6

Suddenly, I'm feeling like having a slightly chaetophobia right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.