• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
As "bad" as its sales are, it's actually currently the best selling 2019 debut in WSJ right now, besides maybe Chainsaw Man.

There's so many other flops in line to end before it, as well as several long running series about to reach their natural conclusion, that I think that Samurai 8's going to survive for a while pretty much by default. I'd only worry about it if we get several hits in the 2020 serialization year.

I feel that like Robot x Laserbeam those volume sales are gonna crater faster. Maybe since the plan was always for Sam 8 to be a shorter series Jump will let Kishi tell the story as he planned it as a good will gesture off of how much money Naruto probably still makes for Jump.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read Heterogenia Linguistico? Is it as interesting/clever as it sounds?
It's very clever. I like it because it isn't a run of the mill Manga, feels like a novel adapted into a Manga.

Creatures are given animalistic personalities and it's essentially the lead going around meeting all these intelligent monsters/creatures and how they live. Think scientist learning of different native tribe cultures with a child wolf hybrid (raised as a wolf so more animal than girl in nature) as his guide. The humor stems more from fish out of water and the customs we consider weird as humans that these creatures might have.

Oct 26, 2017
Beastars Ch. 152
I didn't power thru beastars in like 2 days last week to see Jack with an ominious bag of onions, I already lost one of my favorite characters in KnY. Can we not do this???

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's very clever. I like it because it isn't a run of the mill Manga, feels like a novel adapted into a Manga.

Creatures are given animalistic personalities and it's essentially the lead going around meeting all these intelligent monsters/creatures and how they live. Think scientist learning of different native tribe cultures with a child wolf hybrid (raised as a wolf so more animal than girl in nature) as his guide. The humor stems more from fish out of water and the customs we consider weird as humans that these creatures might have.
That sounds as interesting as I had hoped! Thanks!
---
Has anyone read Duranki yet? Thoughts?

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
What the hell is happening to it? I think the last chapter I read was they were fighing Negi and his crew.

Right now they're fighting a different evil from Eva's past. They also introduced more members of UQ Holder and dived into the back story of a few other characters including Karin and Jinbei.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I read Act-Age in the last weeks, it is really nice and charming! I love how, instead of traditional shonen battles, we have the actors to fight against themselves and their companions to become better. The last chapters, in particular, are fantastic. This is another manga which will be localized in Italy next year, I will surely get all the physical volumes - and I have another weekly series to follow.

Oct 25, 2017
Beast Children 24

Ah yes! Sora is joining the rugby team. Best.

Relatable.'
EJCjiINW4Ao6cXn

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I read Act-Age in the last weeks, it is really nice and charming! I love how, instead of traditional shonen battles, we have the actors to fight against themselves and their companions to become better. The last chapters, in particular, are fantastic. This is another manga which will be localized in Italy next year, I will surely get all the physical volumes - and I have another weekly series to follow.
I wanted to use the Jump app to catch up with the manga and then buy JP volumes once I was caught up... but there's this huge gap after like 6 chapters! I gotta wait till I'm ready to just buy all the volumes, I guess.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I wanted to use the Jump app to catch up with the manga and then buy JP volumes once I was caught up... but there's this huge gap after like 6 chapters! I gotta wait till I'm ready to just buy all the volumes, I guess.

Viz is in no rush to fill the gap for Act Age, Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer and Haikyuu. They're only filling those gaps as they release volumes.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I've started to read Kaguya and i've been liking it a lot. very funny lol

also Silfer i took your suggestion and started Jujustu Kaisen too, i like that series a lot too.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've started to read Kaguya and i've been liking it a lot. very funny lol

also Silfer i took your suggestion and started Jujustu Kaisen too, i like that series a lot too.
Nice! I really like Jujutsu so I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. Don't know if you're caught up but it's been really interesting lately and I really liked this week's chapter.

Happy to hear you're enjoying Kaguya too.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I really like Jujutsu so I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. Don't know if you're caught up but it's been really interesting lately and I really liked this week's chapter.

Happy to hear you're enjoying Kaguya too.
i am caught up, but i haven't read this weeks chapter yet. forgot it released today.

last weeks chapter was pretty crazy though

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Could get the digital volumes since they're a little cheaper. Unless you want physical.

I love physical manga. Books, I'm all about my Kindle and my digital library. But manga and comics? Gotta be physical for me, ha.

Speaking of which, my latest order included Quintessential Quintuplets, We Never Learn, Kase-san, the first 5 volumes of Promised Neverland, Summer Wars Complete, the full run of Parasyte, and the rest of Re:Zero that I need. A few other goodies speckled in there, too. But $360 later, a trip to IKEA for two Billy bookcases, and a stop at my favorite pizza joint...And my wife and I spent some cash this weekend.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I love physical manga. Books, I'm all about my Kindle and my digital library. But manga and comics? Gotta be physical for me, ha.
Was thinking, that way, if you don't get into the series after those two, you'd save a little money and space.

But if you have the money and space, I imagine the above would be pretty inconsequential.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Land of the Lustrous Volume 9

A couple months late to the party on this one.

Shit hit the fan in basically every way possible. I wasn't sure about the direction the series was taking in Volume 8 but this was a fantastic read. Caingorm's crisis was really powerful and the series is still hitting managing to hit its comedy and action notes wonderfully. Lots of night time made this one a little harder to follow visualy in some spots -- I'd really love an anime S2 announcement one of these days!

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ahiru no Sora Ch. 15-139

Tried the anime and decided to read the manga only to find out that there's over 600 chapters! Characters and story are pretty decent, but I find the matches boring and too long.
probably doesn't help that they haven't won a game yet
I do hope the translations (or anime) will catch up but it seems like they're inconsistent so I'll bookmark and read it every now and then.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Ahiru no Sora Ch. 15-139

Tried the anime and decided to read the manga only to find out that there's over 600 chapters! Characters and story are pretty decent, but I find the matches boring and too long.
probably doesn't help that they haven't won a game yet
I do hope the translations (or anime) will catch up but it seems like they're inconsistent so I'll bookmark and read it every now and then.
I read the first volume a few years back, but due to the fact that I didn't wanna buy like 40 volumes back then, I decided to hold off for a while. I don't typically watch much anime, but I think I'll follow the adaptation to see if I wanna continue.

Kurita haven't you read a decent amount of this?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I read the first volume a few years back, but due to the fact that I didn't wanna buy like 40 volumes back then, I decided to hold off for a while. I don't typically watch much anime, but I think I'll follow the adaptation to see if I wanna continue.

Kurita haven't you read a decent amount of this?
Didn't read that much, about 5 volumes or so.
I kinda want to go back to it at some point because I love the art, but it's pretty long... Maybe once I'm done with Haikyu to get my sports fix.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Land of the Lustrous Volume 9

A couple months late to the party on this one.

Shit hit the fan in basically every way possible. I wasn't sure about the direction the series was taking in Volume 8 but this was a fantastic read. Caingorm's crisis was really powerful and the series is still hitting managing to hit its comedy and action notes wonderfully. Lots of night time made this one a little harder to follow visualy in some spots -- I'd really love an anime S2 announcement one of these days!

It was such a rough read, the feels hit so hard and fast ;;

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Right now they're fighting a different evil from Eva's past. They also introduced more members of UQ Holder and dived into the back story of a few other characters including Karin and Jinbei.

I just caught up and was about to say how much I always miss it. I read in five chapter chunks, and just caught up to after the battle against Ba'al. Looks like they're finally gearing up for the last arc?

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on chapter 28

not sure if I should keep reading or watch the anime and then read though

the anime seems like it adds to it, but idk I've only seen clips

Certainly I would recommend against watching the anime and skipping the chapters that were covered in the anime. There are some chapters that are later referenced that didn't make it into the anime that you wouldn't want to miss.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly I would recommend against watching the anime and skipping the chapters that were covered in the anime. There are some chapters that are later referenced that didn't make it into the anime that you wouldn't want to miss.
Ok I'll keep reading the manga and watch the anime later if I'm still inclined

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Land of the Lustrous has been such a wild ride for the past while.

Every chapter I'm thinking 'How can this possibly get worse for Phos' and then it gets worse.

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
You are in for a long wild ride with Ishigami . And also Kaguya and Miyuki, they have all grown a LOT.

Komi-san 227: Komi does not want her friend to be sad.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Kingdom 1-333

I started Kingdom and am halfway through after like 3 days, shit is so engaging

Fuck man, Duke Hyou went out like a champ

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bakarina, or whatever it's called:

My god, she's dense. Adorable, deeply likable, but sooooo dense. It's incredible, truly.

Also, that last page!

Status
Not open for further replies.