• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
The creator talked about already having a spinoff in mind for when this series ended and people have speculated that it's going to be an Arthur manga with the stuff we're getting now setting that up.

I would be in for an Arthur-based sequel, to be honest. Gives him the time to grow into an actual badass legendary figure.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Well, I expect the series to end at graduation, so it all depends on how much longer they have left in school in-universe.

I expect one-two more volumes after this. I could even see Fuutarou or one of the quints breaking up due to one of the sisters feelings and the plot going from there.
So do you think that after Festival's arc Fuutarou will start a relationship with a quintuplet, but then they will break up? I hope that it isn't the case, otherwise the fans of that girl would go crazy! Anyway I have the same feeling that the manga will still continue for some months, I think at least to mid 2020.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do you think that after Festival's arc Fuutarou will start a relationship with a quintuplet, but then they will break up? I hope that it isn't the case, otherwise the fans of that girl would go crazy! Anyway I have the same feeling that the manga will still continue for some months, I think at least to mid 2020.
I mean, Oreimo did the exact same thing. I could see Fuutarou starting a relationship, but it not working out or the quint breaking up for some reason, and later on, him dating a different one who turns out to be the bride. I mean, it would make sense from a narrative perspective. High school relationships don't really have a good track record after all.

That and I don't think an author should be held back due to fear of backlash from fans. If that were the case, then we'd get nothing but safe "first girl wins" or "harem endings" for every kind of series like this. ...oh wait, nevermind.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like most people are braced for Itsuki at this point

I'm following the volumes as they come out but she'd be the only choice I'd dislike. Like they just never seemed like a romantic couple to me. A strong platonic one for sure. Also it'd be a bummer with Negi upending cliches over the course of the manga to go with the most tired choice.

That RWBY manga makes you realize just how difficult it is to work in the medium.

?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The hiatuses and the way Silver Spoon ended has me feeling meh about a new Arakawa series.
She might have more passion for this series than she did for Silver Spoon.
She still does the Arslan series monthly (not sure how many breaks she takes there), so I guess she gave priority to that. And apparently she had already given the last four chapters to the publisher a while ago, so she was surprised by the return announcement as well.

And yeah, it looks like her husband and child have severe health issues.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 170

I wish Papa Shirogane was my dad.

Also, I was unsure where the series would go when Prez and Kaguya started dating, but if these cute chapter are what we get, I'm all for it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She might have more passion for this series than she did for Silver Spoon.

She didn't lack passion for silver spoon, it's clear from the early half of the series that it was a highly personal project for her, much more so than FMA, even though it was basically limping to the end.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kaguya 170

This chapter was funny af and really cute!
The part the daddy of the house popped up after the call was the best.

Now that Miyuki's family knows, I wonder when Kaguya's will. I can already see it being another emotional arc knowing how badly they treat her.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Aka likes to put season finale-type chapters in increments of 45, so we'll probably see something substantial at chapter 180.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I bought the first volume of Dungeon Meshi to read on the plane back from japan. I just heard it was funny and don't know anything aside from that, should be interesting. I'm also thinking about getting the two extra volumes of kimetsu no yaiba that I saw in store the other day (seems like a data book and the other a novel) since I really like the series.

Oct 25, 2017
This week's Jump TOC.

Zipman!! (New series, Cover & Lead Color)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Dr. Stone
My Hero Academia
Act-Age (Color)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Haikyuu
Chainsaw Man (Color)
We Never Learn
Black Clover
The Promised Neverland Gag Spin-off (Special Chapter)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Boukyaku Battery (Special Chapter of Jump + Series)
Mission Yozakura Family
Mitama Security
Samurai 8
Beast Children (END)
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
Dr. Stone Reboot Byakuya

The Promised Neverland is off this week.

Next week is another new series, Agravity Boys.
One Piece is also off.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No color page for MHA again, that means no popularity poll result, I swear it has been more than 3 months since the popularity poll

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Ride-on King 13

CZeibYw.png

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 170

I loved how this chapter was simple but so heart-warming at the same time, without forgetting the funny moments - and all these in only 18 pages.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Quintuplets 109-112

The dad came off as comically evil. Also, Quintuplets ... you're ... Quintuplets. You. are. fucking. identical. No nonsense, mystical power of love comes into the play when someone is trying to discern you.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 185

A flashback and ghost papa to the rescue. Who could have predicted that ?

Muzan needs new final form. The current one is silly looking and the moveset of flailing his arms painfully boring.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quintuplets 109-112

The dad came off as comically evil. Also, Quintuplets ... you're ... Quintuplets. You. are. fucking. identical. No nonsense, mystical power of love comes into the play when someone is trying to discern you.
Yeah, just basic human comprehension. They all have different voices and hair styles. I would say hair colors as well, but the mangaka confirmed they have the same hair color, they're just colored different in color pages/anime so readers/watchers don't get confused themselves.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just basic human comprehension. They all have different voices and hair styles. I would say hair colors as well, but the mangaka confirmed they have the same hair color, they're just colored different in color pages/anime so readers/watchers don't get confused themselves.
I would imagine they have the same voices in the manga as well. The voiced material the predates the anime gave them all the same VA and they probably changed it in the anime for obvious reasons.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017

Surprising! Thought we were heading towards the end of series but it instead it is part 1 end. Curious how they approach this Immo/Fushi's plan (of course he could fail/not fully lose conciseness like they intend). The "past lives" arc makes it seem like it could become contemporary or something which would be a huge departure. But not as big of a departure of the protagonist potentially encompassing all of the earth or whatever lol

The Yuba cover looks great.

Nice. So it should be a 1 chapter month then if volume was worked on right.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Surprising! Thought we were heading towards the end of series but it instead it is part 1 end. Curious how they approach this Immo/Fushi's plan (of course he could fail/not fully lose conciseness like they intend). The "past lives" arc makes it seem like it could become contemporary or something which would be a huge departure. But not as big of a departure of the protagonist potentially encompassing all of the earth or whatever lol

Nice. So it should be a 1 chapter month then if volume was worked on right.
Volume work would have had to have been done in October for it to release now, so he is on full schedule. And it looks like he was feeling good enough for two chapters, a cover page, and apparently a poster of Karasuma in the Ninomiya suit.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The dad was just a plot device to move the story along. There was absolutely no nuance to his character other than he's a narcissist and full of himself. Sort of disappointed that this was the development that Negi felt was necessary to move Itsuki's arc forward. Absolutely nothing changes and we get no new insight on the quintuplets other than yeah they are quintuplets and people have a hard time telling them apart.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Oreimo did the exact same thing. I could see Fuutarou starting a relationship, but it not working out or the quint breaking up for some reason, and later on, him dating a different one who turns out to be the bride. I mean, it would make sense from a narrative perspective. High school relationships don't really have a good track record after all.

That and I don't think an author should be held back due to fear of backlash from fans. If that were the case, then we'd get nothing but safe "first girl wins" or "harem endings" for every kind of series like this. ...oh wait, nevermind.

what are you reading with harem endings?

Status
Not open for further replies.