• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The Quints manga fell off a while ago. The drama got weird and it reads like the creator is just introducing random stuff to keep the manga running longer before we find out who the bride is.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isekai are the best a true gift for us mortals. No other manga are so shameless besides maybe more outright borderline hentai shit.

Why can't truck Kun choose me.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family 17

Of course, a precog dog is an esper kids best friend.

That one panel of Yor's thoughts of a dog attacking Anya is pretty graphic. I'm surprised that made it through editing.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spy x Family 17

And the world was saved.

Glad a future seeing dog is getting thrown into the mix. Throw in an immortal cat while you're at it.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family 17

Yor what the hell?

Aside from that, oracle dog looks like a perfect best friend already, can't wait to see more of it.

And the world was saved.

doomedaujjn.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone Byakuya Spin-off 6

I thought the space station crashed in canon? Or was that something else. Curious where this all goes or if this spinoff will just be a waste of time.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad 26

Epic incarnate. Best lightning attack, best jin!

Beast Children END

Non-ending but at least we did get to see Sakura in a game, wanted to see Sora in one too. Sad it ended.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Zipman 1

Was hoping it will pull a Ziga and kill the femchar for drama again, I miss Ziga.

In any case, love the mecha aspect to it, hope it continues being mecha driven. Having the brother as the suit though makes me wonder what the long term plan of this series is as will we get an expanded cast, of others, or will it only be a zipman does it all thing which could be a bit dull.

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Kamuy 217-221

That was really good. If Noda's goal for Golden Kamuy is to make the hot pot of manga, where genres are added to compliment each other all the time, then this really succeeded at adding horror.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 113

Is the chapter already out? I don't want to read spoilers, if it isn't out I will eclipse myself from this thread until Tuesday afternoon/evening.
Thanks that you didn't write the winner name anyway! :) I am so hyped now (since Kewlmyc seems happy and he wasn't a big Itsuki fan)

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
5toubun 113

Is the chapter already out? I don't want to read spoilers, if it isn't out I will eclipse myself from this thread until Tuesday afternoon/evening.
Thanks that you didn't write the winner name anyway! :) I am so hyped now (since Kewlmyc seems happy and he wasn't a big Itsuki fan)

Only Korean scans and translations are out, but its not looking good for anyone but a particular ship

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Only Korean scans and translations are out, but its not looking good for anyone but a particular ship
Well after all Negi has been always clear that it was not going to be a manga with harem ending. 4/5 of the fandom will be clearly disappointed for a bit, I suppose, but it is natural. The important thing is that at the end each quintuplet will have a good closing to their development.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 113

It's just spoilers and korean raws.

Also, I don't hate Itsuki, I just find her being the bride to be boring and expected. I usually feel the same about every "main" girl in a harem. I like Itsuki as an actual character though.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It's just spoilers and korean raws.

Also, I don't hate Itsuki, I just find her being the bride to be boring and expected. I usually feel the same about every "main" girl in a harem. I like Itsuki as an actual character though.
I have the same opinion about Itsuki. I also liked her last arc, for example. And I prefer her to Ichika, Itsuki is at the same level as Yotsuba in my ranking, while my favourite girls are Nino and Miku. To sum up: Nino >= Miku (almost equal) > Itsuki = Yotsuba >>> Ichika.
And then tomorrow I will find out that the hinted winner is Ichika, of course.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
5 Toubun

I'll let myself indulge a bit in the moment, even though I run the risk of celebrating too early.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have the same opinion about Itsuki. I also liked her last arc, for example. And I prefer her to Ichika, Itsuki is at the same level as Yotsuba in my ranking, while my favourite girls are Nino and Miku. To sum up: Nino >= Miku (almost equal) > Itsuki = Yotsuba >>> Ichika.
And then tomorrow I will find out that the hinted winner is Ichika, of course.
Funny enough, Ichika being manipulative during the school trip actually made me like her more. It was absolutely scummy, but it fleshed her out a bit more.

I like all the quints to some extent, though I didn't like Nino for the longest due to her roofying Fuutarou twice and it just never being brought up again.

I'll wait until the chapter is out to post my tier of who I'd prefer to be the bride since it might give away who it is due to my reaction earlier.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Funny enough, Ichika being manipulative during the school trip actually made me like her more. It was absolutely scummy, but it fleshed her out a bit more.

I like all the quints to some extent, though I didn't like Nino for the longest due to her roofying Fuutarou twice and it just never being brought up again.

I'll wait until the chapter is out to post my tier of who I'd prefer to be the bride since it might give away who it is due to my reaction earlier.

For me that manipulative acting was what made her fall in the last place of my ranking. If then we consider how she confessed tu Fuutarou, distiguised as Miku..
On the other side, Nino's confession is the event which made her take the first place - but Miku is too cute to be second, too.
Anyway, if I am not wrong,
your favourite is Yotsuba. The fact is: how would Fuutarou chose her, if she never confessed? Maybe because she always helps anyone? It would be amazing to see her reaction to Fuutaro's confession, even though I am still rooting for Nino or Miku.
It will be hard to avoid spoilers for around 36 hours... I think that before the end of the day I could capitulate to the spoilers

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Ok I read the spoilers
Nino and Miku crying together is the perfect way to crash my favourite ones in a single moment lol
Anyway, first girl wins, in a certain sense

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spy X Family 17

Really? Really?!?!? That can't get better anymore. Also Starlight Anya keep going.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is actually the case because it would be shitty to make Yotsuba the punching bag one last time. They always seemed to click the most when spending time together and it makes the most sense for her to be the bell kisser.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Saw who won in Quintuplets.

I'm ok with it. I wanted either Miku or Ichika
Tomorrow I will give my opinion about Fuutaro's choice in more details (I want to avoid putting it in spoiler tag), but I anticipate that from different points of view it is a reasonable and good choice, which could lead to some emotional scenes. And besides I am sure there is more than we can think.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hrm, okay, I was not expecting her. I'm just happy that

Nino and Itsuki didn't win

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to say the story isn't over, so this probably isn't the end.

However, I legit don't know where the story goes from here. They're in the fall of the senior year, so they have a 6 more months of events if they want to keep going, I just don't know what they'd go with. This also doesn't include the scenario where they continue on into college.

Maybe it is really about to end.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to say the story isn't over, so this probably isn't the end.

However, I legit don't know where the story goes from here. They're in the fall of the senior year, so they have a 6 more months of events if they want to keep going, I just don't know what they'd go with. This also doesn't include the scenario where they continue on into college.

Maybe it is really about to end.
Fuutaro has to win over the dad

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
5-Toubun 113 Spoilers

Part of me feels e-vindicated, because I've been on this train since even before that stupid 84-page manifesto, but I'm like 5% uncertain because of Negi's past troll attempts. However, Negi has been making
Fuutaro's eventual decision very weighty, so I don't really expect any sort of big twist. Yotsuba will probably 'reject' Fuuts because of some lingering inferiority, and it will take the other quints to help the two make it official.
There also the final exams and post-graduation to cover, plus the wedding.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuutaro has to win over the dad
5-Toubun 113 Spoilers

Part of me feels e-vindicated, because I've been on this train since even before that stupid 84-page manifesto, but I'm like 5% uncertain because of Negi's past troll attempts. However, Negi has been making
Fuutaro's eventual decision very weighty, so I don't really expect any sort of big twist. Yotsuba will probably 'reject' Fuuts because of some lingering inferiority, and it will take the other quints to help the two make it official.
There also the final exams and post-graduation to cover, plus the wedding.
I just find it weird that the main couple (in a harem) would get together way before the ending of the series. I can't think of a scenario where this happened, and it wasn't a fake out. I'm specifically talking about harem series where the romance/"who will MC end up with" is the main premise, so I'm not counting Kaguya, Bunny-Senpai, or Monogatari.

So this is leading me to think that it's either a fakeout or the series is ending sooner than later. I really hope it's the latter.

Also, yeah, I'm expecting Yotsuba to reject him due to her inferiority complex and the whole "I'm moving past Rena" arc she just had. I still hope she is endgame, though. Nino would also be preferable. Honestly, I'm cool with it being anyone but Itsuki.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just find it weird that the main couple (in a harem) would get together way before the ending of the series. I can't think of a scenario where this happened, and it wasn't a fake out. I'm specifically talking about harem series where the romance/"who will MC end up with" is the main premise, so I'm not counting Kaguya, Bunny-Senpai, or Monogatari.

So this is leading me to think that it's either a fakeout or the series is ending sooner than later. I really hope it's the former.

Also, yeah, I'm expecting Yotsuba to reject him due to her inferiority complex and the whole "I'm moving past Rena" arc she just had. I still hope she is endgame, though. Nino would also be preferable. Honestly, I'm cool with it being anyone but Itsuki.
I thought the series was ending soon?

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

So this is leading me to think that it's either a fakeout or the series is ending sooner than later. I really hope it's the former.

Like I said before, I think this decision has been given so much weight by the narrative that it has to stick. It's almost the end of their final high school year. All of the major plot threads minus the bell kisser have been resolved. Ichika realized that Fuutaro had made his decision beforehand, and Itsuki doesn't seem fazed that she didn't get picked, like she also knew(which makes the fact she didn't kiss Fuuts make more sense). It feels like the manga will end in 1-2 volumes, and 2 is kinda streching it at this point.I

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't honestly know. I keep hearing this about multiple series, but never see the receipts.

Only manga I know are in their climax or final arcs are Haiykuu and The Promised Neverland. Everything else has been hearsay.
The volume covers being the girls as brides and Futaro as the groom seems to imply we are in the end game. Especially since this arc was structured in a way to emphasize finality.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, I think this decision has been given so much weight by the narrative that it has to stick. It's almost the end of their final high school year. All of the major plot threads minus the bell kisser have been resolved. Ichika realized that Fuutaro had made his decision beforehand, and Itsuki doesn't seem fazed that she didn't get picked, like she also knew(which makes the fact she didn't kiss Fuuts make more sense). It feels like the manga will end in 1-2 volumes, and 2 is kinda streching it at this point.I
The volume covers being the girls as brides and Futaro as the groom seems to imply we are in the end game. Especially since this arc was structured in a way to emphasize finality.
Good points. I hope you're right.

If not, I hold you personally responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.