• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Destroy All Humankind. They cannot be regenerated 13
We reach the climax of the emotional card game battle between Cloud and One Winged Angel. The new alias reveal he gives his friend is hilarious. Glad One Winged Angel was trying to give Cloud a push towards realizing his feelings. And the scene where he does realize at the end is nice.

It is funny how much the relationship between the main two is based on magic the gathering apocalypse. We officially have a countdown to when the world (maybe) ends!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's an issue. I lose a majority of my interest in a rom series once the two confess, so I'd prefer it wrapping up.
I am totally the opposite, the best of romance is when 2 characters are together, not the fake drama that stops them being together for 100 chapters
Imo when a romance/romcom stops after the main couple confess to each other it kinda makes me believe the author isnt confident on righting a real relationship

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Only one chapter this month because I'm assuming Ashihara has to split his healthy time on promotion material for this anime. In which case only increases my disdain of getting more of the anime.

December 2019
OP
OP
dramazen

dramazen

Oct 25, 2017
December 2019 Recommendation: An Absurd Relationship

qaouTgK.jpg

Office lady romance | 1 volume, completed work, not licensed in English
Emi Yamanaka is an office lady working in Tokyo. She's brash, opinionated, smokes, and likes girls. Having gone through various failed relationships with other girls, she resigns herself to cynicism. Her equilibrium is shattered by the appearance of a new worker at her office, Taneda-san. (source)

From Black Bishop:
Thankfully this series manages to do a nice job of setting up Emi as the brash, opinionated, smoking lesbian that she is. (source)

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Currently reached volume 62 of Gintama where things finally start to get serious for good. Imo this is one of the best and most unique and perverted long running battle shonen manga I read. Liked it much more than "the Big Three". Not a coincidence that some publishers like Viz decided to cancel its publication. Some jokes and puns reach the limits really. I think after finishing it I'll miss it the most compared to the rest. It isn't easy to read either, most volumes took me 1.5-2 hours. But reading too many volumes a day would spoil the mood and humor, so I read 1-2 the most. Being reading it for almost 1.5 month. Now with the battles, I can read it at a faster pace fortunately

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You Chapter 1

A 60 page first chapter is quite the doozy. Don't see this lasting for 50+ chapters, but there's some good 4th wall breaking comedy

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Destroy all of Humanity. They Can't Be Regenerated 13
ENfLuO4W4AE-RBf
ENfLuNeXkAAkkVH

More than any other chapter of this manga, THIS was the kind of chapter I dreamed about in 2003 as I was reading Yu-gi-oh for the first time. Just a beautiful visualization of what it looks like when a combo deck goes off.
However, this ominous ending to the chapter has me worried...
ENfNeplXsAAqEfb

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sure I'll read more Death Note.

I'm imagining it to be something on the level of Prison School's epilogue and now I'm gonna be bummed if it isn't something on that level

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back in my anime/manga cycle. Started reading manga for the first time in a few years after getting into Demon Slayer. I'm just dropping by to say Spy x Family is dope as fuck

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 190:
I'm guessing the compound bullet Ninomiya was using was Hornet (Hound + Hound) since it had advanced tracking. It also nice to see Chika really come out of her she'll as a combatant even if her point was yoinked.

Edit:
5umempkn48941.png

Ah well, at least the color page is nice then.

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
We Never Learn 142

Uruka's arc has begun. I am sure that, at the end of the arc, we will be able to clearly state if she is the final girl or not. Currently she has the highest chance to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Agravity Boys 4

alrighty got some settlement making, explorong, and a retutn to who will be a girl hijinks. glad everyonr got shirtless. Saga is still the hottest.
ENn_Jf1XsAcfIzN

Also the more they keep acting how they are the more theyll just fall in love with him and maybe each other.

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 967

20+ years, 960+ chapters, and the reaction to someone first seeing what the entire treasure means is laughter. This presumably contains the answer to almost everything in the entire series, including the probable genocide of the far past and the means to annihilate the entire world. And they just laugh.

Brilliant chapter. Were you to move the camera slightly in this chapter, the entire mystery would be revealed. And all we know is that Roger thought it was funny in some way, and that somehow makes perfect sense despite having only the faintest idea of what he saw. I really can't explain how good that single page is. I'll probably be thinking about it for the rest of my life, even after I know what Roger saw.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really can't explain how good that single page is. I'll probably be thinking about it for the rest of my life, even after I know what Roger saw.

I saw it and I instantly considered it a top 10 panel of the entire series. It's so simple, yet it really says a lot. Can't wait to see Luffy and the rest of the crew's reaction one day.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Forget Me Not Vol. 1-7

I was enjoying this series quite a bit basically up until the ending, what the fuck was up with that? The arc preceding it seemed completely pointless, then the actual final chapters seem rushed as hell. For a few pages I actually got kind of confused on whether or not I was looking at a flashback or dream of some sorts. Also pretty pissed there was never a reason given for Samsoon just leaving like that, kind of like the author just decided she needed to go so they could keep the story moving. Especially in this case since it was the only arc when Serizawa wasn't fucking everything up. And then the end makes it seems like they're going to try to work things out anyways, which is fine since her arc was definitely the best but still, a bit more actual resolution would be nice rather than the bunch of nothing that was there.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun 116

Nice conclusion for Miku. Hopefully the next two chapters are Nino and Itsuki's conclusions, and we can move on to some chapters of Yotsuba and Fuutarou actually being a couple.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Quints 116

Miku please don't throw stuff into the ocean :(

First card keys, now ribbons. Quints are not environmentally-conscious at all.

I really, really liked this chapter. One of the best written ones he put out recently, even though it is purely a dialogue between two characters. There's the expected push from Miku, but Negi doesn't go for conventional trope of unequivocal support. It is instead a measured response in line with her feelings, which still ties back into her growth. Really good characterization here.

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 116
Wonderful conclusion for Miku's development, having been able to like herself is her real victory after all. Now I think we will get conclusion chapters for the other quintuplets too.

Rentaru

Nov 14, 2017
I've got a question for you guys about the shutting down of those sites, how is it going to help popularity? If it wasn't for those sites I wouldn't know of series like Katekyo hitman, vinland saga, tsugumomo, definitely one punch before it got popular and some more that arnt really popular.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a question for you guys about the shutting down of those sites, how is it going to help popularity? If it wasn't for those sites I wouldn't know of series like Katekyo hitman, vinland saga, tsugumomo, definitely one punch before it got popular and some more that arnt really popular.
It will probably hit the manga that arent from shonen jump the hardest.

-----------------
Komi:
It is happening boys, Tadano will tie everything together and discover that Komi likes him.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It will probably hit the manga that arent from shonen jump the hardest.

-----------------
Komi:
It is happening boys, Tadano will tie everything together and discover that Komi likes him.
Aren't the DMCA's mainly for SJ titles, though? Or do you mean the ones that aren't covered by Viz (since I don't think Manga Plus has the entire backlog of stuff like Hinomaru Zumou)?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the DMCA's mainly for SJ titles, though? Or do you mean the ones that aren't covered by Viz (since I don't think Manga Plus has the entire backlog of stuff like Hinomaru Zumou)?
Jump mangas just have a bigger following by default because they are from jump. Just look at the new SJ series, they get more attention than any other new series. Manga+ also helps.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
First card keys, now ribbons. Quints are not environmentally-conscious at all.

I really, really liked this chapter. One of the best written ones he put out recently, even though it is purely a dialogue between two characters. There's the expected push from Miku, but Negi doesn't go for conventional trope of unequivocal support. It is instead a measured response in line with her feelings, which still ties back into her growth. Really good characterization here.

Yeah, it was a great chapter. I also liked how Yotsuba slowly started to go back to her competitive self as well. This was a good push for the quintuplets and I'm eager to see the closure for the other sisters. Then, we will finally get what we've been patiently waiting for all this time...

Cant wait.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 190
Chika catching her instinctual relief when she finds out she hasn't hit anyone one is good stuff. Glad that they've really taken their time with this development.

Jujutsu Kaisen 90
Well, reading the chapter certainly changes how I view that color page. Guess I should have read volume 0 by now (hopefully viz translates that with the rest).
Actually a pretty big surprise without knowing the events of 0 (unclear to me if it was ambiguous if he dies in it or not from the panel in this chapter). Everything pointed towards a Geto/Gojo showdown of sorts so to Gojo to have already killed him before the start of the series is a neat twist. Don't know about Mechamaru seemingly being back but will wait to see what that is all about.

Mahito seemed pretty shook at the name drop of the mini series guy.

Spirit Busters 19
The one word recap of "baseball" to ending with a Pokémon capture like twist. Maybe favorite chapter of series so far.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quints 116

This series is so good, that was a fantastic closure chapter for Miku. Love them both casually dissing Nino.

Kaguya 174

OTP chapter is always good to see, and this is a good and believable progress on thei relationship. Always nice to see full blown scumbag fujiwara tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.