• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I mean like why do the warlords work for the marines?
Warlords get a bunch of benefits for helping the marines. Not that it matters, since the warlord system is broken and most of them do their own things.
So I have a One Piece question: How is Garp allowed to hold a high position in the Navy when his son is the revolutionary leader and his grandson is one of the most notorious pirates in the world?
He's good friends with Sengoku. Garp had a bunch of achievements when he was younger.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
What does it matter that Garp's son and grandson are outlaws? Would you fire a police officer if his son ended up as a criminal

Oct 25, 2017
What does it matter that Garp's son and grandson are outlaws? Would you fire a police officer if his son ended up as a criminal
Sometimes people in IRL positions like that do step down due to their kids crimes since it reflects badly on them and makes people lose confidence in their leadership. If they cant keep their family in line how can they keep other people in line?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone keeps up with the sequel to Kengan Ashura, Kengan Omega, but god damn if the latest chapter was the most hype inducing moment in a fighting manga I've seen in a long time.

Edit: guess I'm late to the party but I agree with everyone else here that it was an awesome surprise

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if anyone keeps up with the sequel to Kengan Ashura, Kengan Omega, but god damn if the latest chapter was the most hype inducing moment in a fighting manga I've seen in a long time.

Edit: guess I'm late to the party but I agree with everyone else here that it was an awesome surprise

My guesses pre-50 were so off the goddamn mark, hahaha

I've no idea who is gonna come save him. Can't be Gaoh since that's probably going to result in someone being killed, and its a bit early for that. Will the baddie just walk this off and leave him be? I love this manga so much.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Aka Akasaka, Kaguya's author, will be in italy from 1st to 3rd May to promote the manga and for a meet-and-greet. Unfortunately it is quite far from I live (more than 6 hours to go to the location, other 6 hours for coming home) and I cannot go, but it is really a pity. If only he had been invited to a nearer city...

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aka Akasaka, Kaguya's author, will be in italy from 1st to 3rd May to promote the manga and for a greet-and-meet. Unfortunately it is quite far from I live (more than 6 hours to go to the location, other 6 hours for coming home) and I cannot got, but it is really a pity. If only he had been invited to a nearer city...
Time for Maki to go to Italy.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Kingdom 631
As pointless and fucking stupid as this is, Kyogai and Shousa pulling Kyokai back did make me smile.

But finally, it can go back to being a war manga now.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Sometimes people in IRL positions like that do step down due to their kids crimes since it reflects badly on them and makes people lose confidence in their leadership. If they cant keep their family in line how can they keep other people in line?
Garp's a living legend among the marines and doesn't hold the establishment in the greatest respect anyway. It's more they're lucky he's still sticking around.

I mean like why do the warlords work for the marines?
The world as is exists on a tight rope. It's implied if two Yonkou worked together they could destroy the WG or at least cause substantial damage (and there's 4 of them though shanks doesn't seem too anti WG). Warlords are a mediating force the marines use for a extra manpower e.g how they were used in the WB war arc. It's an organisation built out of necessity.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Agravity Boys 9

I love the Jumbro's, lol. Cute.

Fun Saga chapter and I loved his, I'll protect you as long as it takes line. Cool.

We Never Learn 147

Called it, lol. Now I hope Kirisu is the one to drive Nariyuki to the airport.

Also shed a tear for all the losers, sad ;(

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn 147

While I'm happy with this ship, things happened way too fast and it doesnt seem like the other girls will get a proper closure. This manga never had the best writing but surely it could have been planned better.

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man 58

Took me a second to realize that was the third brother in disguise. As one of the hunters they killed.
Santa's power is freaky as hell. Literal puppets.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with most romcom manga these days? It's like the trend is to choose the most underdeveloped, blandest girl as end game.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Mashle: Magic and Muscle 4
As incredibly derivative as this series is of ONE's style, it has grown on me a bit. Mash pulling a Tao Pai Pai got a good laugh out me.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
What's up with most romcom manga these days? It's like the trend is to choose the most underdeveloped, blandest girl as end game.
I think this applies to We Never Learn, but not to 5toubun. And I say this as someone for whom the winner was not the favourite girl. When I will have a bit more time, I am planning to write a consideration and a comparison between them and, in particular, why I liked the "end game girl" decision in TQQ, while not in WNL.

Oct 25, 2017
Guardian of the Witch 3

Gen! Instantly in love with him. Perfect character.

Totally see them joining up with the main cast. He's kind of straightforward, easy going, and probably gullible.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun End:
Alright ending I guess. I would have liked more personal time between Yotsuba and Fuutarou, but it is what it is. Also the other girls tagging along on their honey moon is super weird. Just let them have some personal time jfc.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guardian of the Witch has had the strongest start 3 chapters in that I've seen by a good margin since Viz switched away from the magazine model and everything has been brought over. Interesting world, clear goal and steps to achieve them and already a getting a new addition to spice up the cast, with a new Guardian/Witch pair (with teases of their own powers already) as opponents. If the magazine was still going then those 3 chapters would have probably gotten it localized past its Jump Start period.

I'm not in love with it or anything yet but it's the most solid start I've seen in a while that's had me most curious for what's ahead and setting a good foundation while moving at a good pace.
-----------------
Also Usazaki snapped on this week's Act-Age color page.

Last edited:

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Dr. Stone

What? What!? I can't even imagine that roadmap.
giphy.gif

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
I think this applies to We Never Learn, but not to 5toubun. And I say this as someone for whom the winner was not the favourite girl. When I will have a bit more time, I am planning to write a consideration and a comparison between them and, in particular, why I liked the "end game girl" decision in TQQ, while not in WNL.
"Fortunately" Yotsuba is not the most underdeveloped character, it's the spot for Itsuki, still comparing to other sisters Yotsuba character act (if there is even one) isn't as memorable, just feel like we are skipping 50 chapters or so and jump right into the ending.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
5Toubun End:
Alright ending I guess. I would have liked more personal time between Yotsuba and Fuutarou, but it is what it is. Also the other girls tagging along on their honey moon is super weird. Just let them have some personal time jfc.
That's because it's just a barely concealed harem ending ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Girls are shown to have zero relationships of their own, some of them clearly still have feelings for him five years later, Itsuki freaking works with him, Fuutarou and Yotsuba barely have scenes together in their own wedding, and they're all going together in a 6 person honeymoon. Like, c'mon.

Dr. Stone

What? What!? I can't even imagine that roadmap.
giphy.gif
Can't wait lol. For real.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
That's because it's just a barely concealed harem ending ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Girls are shown to have zero relationships of their own, some of them clearly still have feelings for him five years later, Itsuki freaking works with him, Fuutarou and Yotsuba barely have scenes together in their own wedding, and they're all going together in a 6 person honeymoon. Like, c'mon.
It did in fact feel like a low key harem ending.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer's art style is so ugly to me, I can;t read it for long.

It's rough, yeah. This is how I feel about Black Clover, to the point where I can't read it period.

And it's weird because I didn't mind Hungry Joker (the mangaka's failed work before Black Clover). But BC art really bugs me.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Dr Stone - latest chapters
I think the author missed one big mistake ?

If the robotic voice tried to activate the device to cover the full diameter of the earth, wouldn't it only work as intended if the device was at the center of the earth ?
If he indeed managed to activate it the range would have not covered the totality of earth, far from it.
Maybe I'm nitpicking here but seemed like a huge oversight.

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr Stone - latest chapters
I think the author missed one big mistake ?

If the robotic voice tried to activate the device to cover the full diameter of the earth, wouldn't it only work as intended if the device was at the center of the earth ?
If he indeed managed to activate it the range would have not covered the totality of earth, far from it.
Maybe I'm nitpicking here but seemed like a huge oversight.
diameter is not the same as radius

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
We Never Learn latest

Certain internet communities are losing their minds over these latest developments. While I kind of understand the need for proper closure for the heroines, at this point it doesn't really matter. The MC has already made his feelings known. Plus, the number of chapters left seem to be giving the implication that the series is ending in 3-4 weeks.

5tobun Ending

Probably the most emotionally satisfying way the endcap the whole thing, but there were definitely issues with the second half of the story. I think I'll elaborate later.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Solo Leveling 29-33
Just started this yesterday and have to say it has me hook. So far I'm really liking the main character. Pretty fast but enjoyable character development.
It really gets you hooked. I remember I was so pumped up around chapter 20 with the group of Lizards and how that arc was concluded, I just couldn't stop reading. You still have so much awesomeness ahead of you, enjoy.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Question
So did people call that Yotsuba was gonna win in advance due to the strands of Uesugi's hair that look like her bunny ribbon and/or the fact that she represents the ring finger on volume covers (edit: and that game they play in the car, and the fingers they each hold during the fireworks I guess)?

Cause when I thought I had caught her name as being the winner but wasn't 100% sure, the first thing had me like "oh noo" (Nino fan) then I got to the volumes with the bride covers and those had like me "oh shit".

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question
So did people call that Yotsuba was gonna win in advance due to the strands of Uesugi's hair that look like her bunny ribbon and/or the fact that she represents the ring finger on volume covers (edit: and that game they play in the car, and the fingers they each hold during the fireworks I guess)?

Cause when I thought I had caught her name as being the winner but wasn't 100% sure, the first thing had me like "oh noo" (Nino fan) then I got to the volumes with the bride covers and those had like me "oh shit".
There was theory about her winning that included what you mentioned but of course given the nature of the series, 4/5ths of the fanbase didn't believe it. Said theory was overall so overly thought out and long, that even the Yotsuba fans that wanted her to win didn't believe it and was written off as a crackpot theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.