• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
WNL 150

So he learnt, so he learnt. The Japanese fandom can get weird sometimes. It is a good way to avoid all the hatemail and cutter-mail afterall. LUL

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WNL 150

Wonder how the other arcs are going to be. This ending has enough coverage of the other girls futures, so I wonder if they're just going to be treading other ground.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Probably right after result of the final exam (right before Nariyuki discover his true feeling)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
According to the last page, the rest are parallel universe (ie what if other girls are chosen instead)
I know that much, but this chapter also goes into the academic futures of the cast, to surprising detail. I was wondering if we were going to be seeing more of that in their endings or not, or will we get another meetup chapter in Rizu's ending where we learn again that Mafuyu is coaching an ice skating team, for example.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
I know that much, but this chapter also goes into the academic futures of the cast, to surprising detail. I was wondering if we were going to be seeing more of that in their endings or not, or will we get another meetup chapter in Rizu's ending where we learn again that Mafuyu is coaching an ice skating team, for example.
I think it depends on how far does the rewind go. If the publisher intend on milking it as much as possible. Probably will restart on after final exam with one book each (~9ish chapters) for each girls. Then I would expect each ending with a small twist in the future.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Hell's Paradise 89
Thought they were dead so it's odd to see them up and running like it wasn't even in question. Shenanigans afoot? I remember a line about there being room for only so many on the escape plan (doesn't bode well for Tamiya with this match up)

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Chainsawman

every week I just want to scream that this manga is so good. I love the fact that Makima always seems like the big bad in the story.

Promised neverland
satisfying twist. Nice last panel.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Chainsawman

every week I just want to scream that this manga is so good. I love the fact that Makima always seems like the big bad in the story.
Just wish the series didn't have some of the more schlocky/obtrusive aspects that can take away from its great character work/writing (for me, anyway).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hell's Paradise: Yusssss she's alive! I held out hope ;__; Yuzurihaaaaa. But yeah, great chapter. Good to be reminded that ultimately a lot of the convicts were up to some terrible shit. And those last couple pages... think we're gonna get a couple more bodies to make up for Yuzuriha coming back. They were kind of the weakest Asaemon/Convict duo (just from a power levels standpoint, I really like both of them) so I wouldn't be shocked if they got got.

Spy x Family: Consistently delightful. Anya was crushed. But now her dog has a name, so her plan will definitely work, right? Though I do hope she hangs out with her actual friend at some point, that'd be a fun arc.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I bought a few volumes of the Quintuplets at 10€ each and saw that in Italian they only cost 5€. Why Dany1899? Btw, I hope everything is ok for you.

February 2020
OP
OP
dramazen

dramazen

Oct 25, 2017
February 2020 Recommendation: Level E (by Togashi Yoshihiro)

eqwWjZ2.jpg

Sci-fi weirdness | 3 volumes, completed work, not licensed in English
Tsutsui Yukitaka is a freshman entering high school who hopes to become a good baseball player. However, when he walks into his new apartment, there is a man in the room who claims that he is an alien who lost his memory. He is in fact the first prince of Planet Dogra, known to have the best brain but the worst nature. (source)

From AoM:
You very much get the sense that it was Togashi writing what he wanted to write, telling the stories he wanted to tell. There are several progenitors to stories, themes, characters, etc. that would eventually show up in HxH. (source)

Last edited:

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I bought a few volumes of the Quintuplets at 10€ each and saw that in Italian they only cost 5€. Why Dany1899? Btw, I hope everything is ok for you.
Hi, I always asked myself why in Italy manga volumes cost around 40%/50% less than in other countries. After all, they are a niche market in Italy, too. JPop's edition (they publish Quintuplets, Act-Age, The Promised Neverland) are really well done, besides, and the company is extremely attentive to the buyers. in The back cover of the first volume of Quintuplets, they got the wrong name for Fuutarou ("Futaro Negima", instead of "Futaro Uesegi"). In the third volume, they attached the correct cover to replace the wrong one of the first volume for free. Translations are typically good, too. I am waiting for finding out if Kaguya will call Shirogane with his name or President - I hope they don't do any mistake and go for the second option, given that the name has an impact on a very good chapter.
When I was a child, my parents were getting me Naruto's volumes at 3,90€ each. Considering that I bought all MHA volumes at 3.65€ each (on Amazon, official price is 4.30€), the official price has only slighty increased in all these years.

About the "everything is ok", we are unfortunately in a bad situation.. Today a person who lives in my (not so big) city died, safety is not guaranteed for anyone at this point.. We must do our best and provide our little contribution as much as possible.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
February 2020 Recommendation: Level E
(by Togashi Yoshihiro)

eqwWjZ2.jpg

Sci-fi weirdness | 3 volumes, completed work, not licensed in English

From AoM:
Slowly giving up hope that we'll ever get an official English release. ;-;

Viz could even do the whole thing in a big omnibus, but maybe they think it wouldn't be profitable enough (or there's some issue with the rights).

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably one of the only buying manga physically but I recently discovered this site. They have free worldwide shipment and some books are 2-3€ cheaper compared to amazon. It may not sound much but I bought for instance more than 50 books last year. I could have saved +- 100€.

Amazon.com: Books

Online shopping from a great selection at Books Store.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably one of the only buying manga physically but I recently discovered this site. They have free worldwide shipment and some books are 2-3€ cheaper compared to amazon. It may not sound much but I bought for instance more than 50 books last year. I could have saved +- 100€.

Amazon.com: Books

Online shopping from a great selection at Books Store.
I still use book depsoitry but it was a good bit cheaper years ago. I stil use them though since I mostly buy one book at a time so I rarely qualify for free delivery off amazon.

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
So far this year I and ColossalLazy have convinced two people to succumb and read Pumpkin Scissors. Who will be the next to fall?

Now that that boast is out the way, I have been ordered to inform you that Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini and I'm Nearly 30, But This Is My First Love are two great pieces of fluff-romance, and you should be reading them.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the fear I have of my Girlfriend.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I was looking into buying Death Note and read the Black Edition isn't as good as the original edition. Is that true?

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
40121925.jpg

My Solo Exchange Diary vol.2

Finally read solo exchange diary 2. Hospitalisation sounds super rough but at least she came to terms with her relationship with her family

Oneshot was fun but you can tell she gave up on writing fiction for years.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I was looking into buying Death Note and read the Black Edition isn't as good as the original edition. Is that true?
I guess this Amazon review sums things up?

"This is a good product for those who don't want to buy all twelve volumes. It's cheaper and bigger than your normal Viz manga. It also is unique to other volumes in that it features colour pages and the edges of the paper are black. These are the things that are good. Now, time for the bad. If you're at all OCD about your manga volumes...STAY AWAY. I am incredibly OCD about my manga. These books are coated in a matte finish, instead of gloss. Thus, any grease, sweat, fingerprints, etc. will show on the cover and cannot be removed. Yes there are colour pages, but only two or three and they are in the front. NO pages after the first two or three are coloured (including the pages that are supposed to be coloured). Finally it is supposedly printed on special paper that lasts longer, however when i opened the book I could already notice that the pages were beginning to yellow. This book is good, but only for collectors who don't plan on reading it."

So depends on how much you'd read them, it looks like.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I guess this Amazon review sums things up?

"This is a good product for those who don't want to buy all twelve volumes. It's cheaper and bigger than your normal Viz manga. It also is unique to other volumes in that it features colour pages and the edges of the paper are black. These are the things that are good. Now, time for the bad. If you're at all OCD about your manga volumes...STAY AWAY. I am incredibly OCD about my manga. These books are coated in a matte finish, instead of gloss. Thus, any grease, sweat, fingerprints, etc. will show on the cover and cannot be removed. Yes there are colour pages, but only two or three and they are in the front. NO pages after the first two or three are coloured (including the pages that are supposed to be coloured). Finally it is supposedly printed on special paper that lasts longer, however when i opened the book I could already notice that the pages were beginning to yellow. This book is good, but only for collectors who don't plan on reading it."

So depends on how much you'd read them, it looks like.
Man, now I don't know what to do. The Black Edition is way cheaper.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 167

Haru WTF ARE YOU DOING. She is making absolutely 0 sense, and thats saying something in a chapter where Melon, a character with an aura of +50% stupid permanently active, engaged Legosi in a 1v1 family feud match under the risk of impalement.

One Punch Man Giantess Ed.

Looks like we'll get
base flip
next chapter, super hyped for that.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chihayafuru 223:
I really hope this is Chihaya's momentum turn. I want to to see Shinobu really start to sweat as peak Chihaya brings the card slaps. Also it's nice to finally see Arata get introspective on him basically just being his grandpa 2.0. I'm starting to feel he might actually lose the Meijin match in the process of discovering himself.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dad Is A Hero, Mom Is A Spirit, I'm A Reincarnator 1-17
I recommend this one for those that want another wholesome "family" manga like spy x family, the protagonist is also a cute kid, there's a plot point of isekai but its irrelevant, so far its more about politics and humor, its not as good as spy x family, but its worth checking out imo.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
40121925.jpg

My Solo Exchange Diary vol.2

Finally read solo exchange diary 2. Hospitalisation sounds super rough but at least she came to terms with her relationship with her family

Oneshot was fun but you can tell she gave up on writing fiction for years.
is that oneshot about her alcohol addiction thing or is that a full volume?

this stuff is so fucking raw it takes me a month or more to recuperate between readings

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Looking Up To Magical Girls: Ch. 10
  • I'll give the author credit, I wasn't expecting the typical kids riding animal you see in anime/manga to be used like that. There's something about the reactionary faces this mangaka does that's really emotive compared to other manga.

Tsubasa-chan, you're… My Killer Match 🖤: Ch. 7
  • I had a feeling the 'ol idiot ball would be passed around sooner or later, but man did this infuriate me in this chapter.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
is that oneshot about her alcohol addiction thing or is that a full volume?

this stuff is so fucking raw it takes me a month or more to recuperate between readings
Its just your usual 20-30 page one at the end of the volume. The majority of vol.2 is about her moving back to her parents home and her hospitalization.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, didn't know a new chapter was on the way. I'd been looking through the Twitter account, but didn't see anything. Guess I'll have to check the YA ToCs from now on.

And always nice to get Souya focus.

I was personally hoping for more Rei and Hina but seeing the human side of Souya is great as well. Even though he's a God at Shogi, he does get tired, have frustrations and shows a wide range of emotions. He's just like the rest of us!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I was personally hoping for more Rei and Hina but seeing the human side of Souya is great as well. Even though he's a God at Shogi, he does get tired, have frustrations and shows a wide range of emotions. He's just like the rest of us!
Yeah, was probably about time. We hadn't seen him really at all since the Nikaidou stuff (30 chapters ago).

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Risou no Himo Seikatsu 1-20
It starts as a boring isekai with some "soft hentai", that a kid gets transported to a fantasy world and is asked to marry the Queen because he has Royal blood. But later It drops the soft hentai part (so far), and Focus on political intrigue and It becomes a good manga, the MC is not a dumb or narcisist like most isekai, he tried/brings our world knowledge to the fantasy land too. Its good, the story is not dark its lighthearted.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 181

And of course we didn't get any traditional fanservice, but instead Aka subverts all the typical scenes of the school trip in romance manga.
We are also getting two important points for the plot: Shirogane tells Hayasaka he knows about her identity, and the mysterious Kaguya's brother appears.

Oct 25, 2017
New Jump TOC is out.

Haikyuu!! (Cover and Lead Color)
One Piece
Demon Slayer: Kimestsu no Yaiba
We Never Learn (Color)
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color)
Guardian of the Witch
Dr Stone
Mashle (First Ranking)
Chainsaw Man
Undead Unluck
Jujutsu Kaisen
Black Clover
Act-age
Agravity Boys
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Mitama Security
Zipman!!
Samurai 8

Next week's cover will be for Promised Neverland, color pages for Yuuna and JJK, and extra pages for Mashle.
I guess Mashle is sticking around for a bit.
Next week should be Guardian of the Witch's first ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.