• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the Ballroom 51
Getting close!

surprised to see a chapter even if it's 10 pages (and that one is planned for next month) as I though it was put on indefinite hiatus not too long ago. With a somewhat good stopping point coming up I wonder if the author will conclude the series or not.

To Your Eternity 120 (1)
Lol at the guy giving up Immo/Fushi immediately.

Mizuha storyline is already very compelling. Good to make her the de facto lead while Immo is off joining a family. I assume Mizuha is taking about the glasses girl at the end? Significant if so, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Kono oto Tomare 89
Is it happening?

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Tower of God Season 3 Episode 52

OK I've been down on this series recently because they just keep expanding the characters and lore excessively but its been building to this moment and

OMG

This arc looks like it's going to bring the BUSINESS

Pray for your Favs

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Komi san 243
Komi dad is the romcom protagonist that all romcom protagonists should aspire to become.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I was personally hoping for more Rei and Hina but seeing the human side of Souya is great as well. Even though he's a God at Shogi, he does get tired, have frustrations and shows a wide range of emotions. He's just like the rest of us!
Btw, there's another chapter on the way. Issue just released, so I imagine a week or so before we get the translation.

Still cracks me up the series runs in this kind of magazine. :p

白泉社公式電子書店、白泉社e-net!

白泉社発行のすべての電子書籍と、集英社の少女まんがを配信中★ 白泉社公式だからできる雑誌の先行配信や、無料・割引・特集もいっぱいです♪ アニメ化・映画化の話題作から懐かしの名作、本誌連載中作品も楽しめます!

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Keijo!!!!!! (Full series)
So yeah... I really liked Keijo. It's not like perfect as a sports title, but it's a solid one... but it's a thing of beauty how crazy it gets, and I love it for that. It's just such a weird, wonderfully unique title throughout. And it's kind of interesting in that while it does of course have some "fan-service" pervy moments, it keeps away from that more than you would think, I'd say. In particular, the races themselves are full of fixating on nipples and people go topless in them all the time, but it takes them so seriously and with how it's presented, it generally doesn't feel all that sexualized, funnily enough. (That's not to say it never happens, especially with Kusakai. But again, less than you may think from the premise.) But yes, seeing people grab each other with their butts in order to do pile-drivers and whatnot is just awesome and I love it.

I also have to applaud it for being a sports manga that more or less invents its sport from scratch (yes, it's based on something that obviously predates it, but in the end what we see in the manga may as well be brand new.) Are there any other noteworthy sports manga that do that? I guess Air Gear and the anime Basquash! kinda count? (Even if the latter is just basketball in giant robots.) Got me kind of interested in the idea of sports manga about made up sports...

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Went through Bleach again because I hadn't since the ending, and man what a waste of potential the entire series was after the Soul Society arc. Kubo creates some phenomenal art though.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Has Undead Unluck improved since that skeevy first chapter?
For the most part. Though it still has some skeeviness here and there, unfortunately.
9VvNh31.png

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Keijo!!!!!! (Full series)
So yeah... I really liked Keijo. It's not like perfect as a sports title, but it's a solid one... but it's a thing of beauty how crazy it gets, and I love it for that. It's just such a weird, wonderfully unique title throughout. And it's kind of interesting in that while it does of course have some "fan-service" pervy moments, it keeps away from that more than you would think, I'd say. In particular, the races themselves are full of fixating on nipples and people go topless in them all the time, but it takes them so seriously and with how it's presented, it generally doesn't feel all that sexualized, funnily enough. (That's not to say it never happens, especially with Kusakai. But again, less than you may think from the premise.) But yes, seeing people grab each other with their butts in order to do pile-drivers and whatnot is just awesome and I love it.

I also have to applaud it for being a sports manga that more or less invents its sport from scratch (yes, it's based on something that obviously predates it, but in the end what we see in the manga may as well be brand new.) Are there any other noteworthy sports manga that do that? I guess Air Gear and the anime Basquash! kinda count? (Even if the latter is just basketball in giant robots.) Got me kind of interested in the idea of sports manga about made up sports...

girls und panzer, kind of

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My Son Is Probably Gay 1-20

AhulYsS.png

This is one of the most wholesome manga I have read. It's about a mom trying to support her badly-hiding-it gay son. It's cute, funny, short chapters. It's such a loving and supporting message of the mom trying to drop hints that it's okay for him to come out and her finding it adorable on how he's reacting to his crush. As a warning there is some slight homophobia from that dad if that bothers you.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Mieruko-chan / The Girl That Sees Them 23

What a crazy chapter. Nice twist with the teacher at the end. I had a feeling theree was something more to him than what was shown.

Now those foxes... I somehow don't want to know what they are planning for the poor girl. Them following her at all time sounds like it could be something really bad. I am glad that Miko finally talked with someone about the ghosts. Hopefully they go more in depth next chapter.

More people for need to read this. It is really good.

Last edited:

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Dungeon Meshi 62

For being a manga about eating monsters, the plot is fucking amazing.

That page about the demon destroying everything was so good.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Read all the chapters of Hajime no Ippo. One of the few sports manga where majority of friends and rivals are vastly better than the MC.

Favorites became Vorg, Mashiba and Takamura, the former mainly for drama the second for balance between drama/comedy and the last for alpha male comedy. When manga focuses on them it becomes a masterpiece.

If it wasn't for the filler fights and redundant arcs, I'd rate it on par with Ashita no Joe.

Plan to read Rumiko's One Pound Gospel, before reading the manga of Ashita no Joe. Anime was one of my favorites.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Bloom into you volume 1.
Is this supposed to go somewhere? It seems to me Nanami is forcing Yuu's feelings and now she thinks she absolutely needs to fall in love with her.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Bloom into you volume 1.
Is this supposed to go somewhere? It seems to me Nanami is forcing Yuu's feelings and now she thinks she absolutely needs to fall in love with her.
It is quite a coincidence, but I read all the series this week. Last month I finished Attack on Titan, and I wanted to try a shorter series. For chance, while surfing Amazon, I found out that the last volume of this series would have been released on March in my country. Since it has only 8 volumes, I decided to give it a try reading it digitally.
Reading the first chapters, the feeling I had is that how Nanami felt in love with Yuu seemed a bit too fast, and I feared that other similarly rushed plot points would have been present in the story. But the rest of the story is, insteadm, quite solid. It isn't a masterpiece, of course, but the simplicity of the story is for me a trump card for this series. The focus is on the two main characters: Yuu struggles to understand what love is, since she has never been able to fall in love with anyone; instead, Nanami hides much more than it seems. Both of them have great development throughout the volumes, but in particular Nanami. You could already see that she isn't what everyone thinks in the last chapter of Volume 1, but the story really goes in deep about her character.
Another thing which I really liked is how most of the story is built around a single school event (if I remember correctly, it is firstly mentioned in Volume 2), which is a mirror of Nanami's problems and will give her a perfect opportunity to grow up (as well as for Yuu). And this is not strictly about love - that is something I didn't expected in this series.
At the end, I read all the 8 volumes in 4-5 days, and it has been a perfect way for me do distract a bit from this situation when I was not working. Personally I would recommend it, as long as a person does not expect it to be a full masterpiece, but just a simple and enjoying story with some nice messages.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
It is quite a coincidence, but I read all the series this week. Last month I finished Attack on Titan, and I wanted to try a shorter series. For chance, while surfing Amazon, I found out that the last volume of this series would have been released on March in my country. Since it has only 8 volumes, I decided to give it a try reading it digitally.
Reading the first chapters, the feeling I had is that how Nanami felt in love with Yuu seemed a bit too fast, and I feared that other similarly rushed plot points would have been present in the story. But the rest of the story is, insteadm, quite solid. It isn't a masterpiece, of course, but the simplicity of the story is for me a trump card for this series. The focus is on the two main characters: Yuu struggles to understand what love is, since she has never been able to fall in love with anyone; instead, Nanami hides much more than it seems. Both of them have great development throughout the volumes, but in particular Nanami. You could already see that she isn't what everyone thinks in the last chapter of Volume 1, but the story really goes in deep about her character.
Another thing which I really liked is how most of the story is built around a single school event (if I remember correctly, it is firstly mentioned in Volume 2), which is a mirror of Nanami's problems and will give her a perfect opportunity to grow up (as well as for Yuu). And this is not strictly about love - that is something I didn't expected in this series.
At the end, I read all the 8 volumes in 4-5 days, and it has been a perfect way for me do distract a bit from this situation when I was not working. Personally I would recommend it, as long as a person does not expect it to be a full masterpiece, but just a simple and enjoying story with some nice messages.
I already started volume 2 so I'll see if I continue afterwards. What you write sounds promising but honestly while reading Bloom I kept thinking that I could be reading something better. Plus every volume is short and expensive.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I already started volume 2 so I'll see if I continue afterwards. What you write sounds promising but honestly while reading Bloom I kept thinking that I could be reading something better. Plus every volume is short and expensive.
Of course priority between series is an important factor. It also happens to me sometimes to think that I should move on a different series withr espect to what I am reading, but a flaw of mine is that, when I start a manga/anime/novel/etc., in 99% of the cases I continue it till the end (just to say, the only manga I dropped so far is Bleach).
Maybe you can still try Volume 2 and in the meantime wait for other opinions, in particular of people who have more experience in reading this kind of manga and know more about it. Then you can decide it is worth continuing it or committing yourself to another series.

Oct 25, 2017
Agravity Boys 13

Ar being obsessed or perhaps in love with Geralt is the best.

Wonder if all 8 will go to the the other planet.

Guardian of the Witch 7

Gen should have joined up.

Also if evils can be destroyed with potions...whats the capital doing?!

Mashle 8

Oh nice he got Lance Crown to smile, great.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone

Senku's route has the unforeseen problem of ice floating in the ocean and what not going north (though the drawing was kind of strange as it was hard to tell how far north), though the other route is problematic if this is like typhoon season...

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone

Senku's route has the unforeseen problem of ice floating in the ocean and what not going north (though the drawing was kind of strange as it was hard to tell how far north), though the other route is problematic if this is like typhoon season...
I mean Senku would definitely know about stuff like that, and it was explicitly stated that Senku's route was riskier and harder to pull of so I don't see how this is an issue even if he's going far enough north for this to potentially be a factor

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Mieruko-chan / The Girl That Sees Them 23

What a crazy chapter. Nice twist with the teacher at the end. I had a feeling theree was something more to him than what was shown.

Now those foxes... I somehow don't want to know what they are planning for the poor girl. Them following her at all time sounds like it could be something really bad. I am glad that Miko finally talked with someone about the ghosts. Hopefully they go more in depth next chapter.

More people for need to read this. It is really good.
This series is super cool. I just wish it updated more often. Also, I need an anime.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Senku would definitely know about stuff like that, and it was explicitly stated that Senku's route was riskier and harder to pull of so I don't see how this is an issue even if he's going far enough north for this to potentially be a factor
I don't know if I was saying it was an issue, it was just my understanding in regards to characters saying both are correct, where both have issues for a ship made of wood, even modern ships with full technology still encounter ice.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The pacing for the two newest series was weird this week. Mashle rushed straight into a fight with no real build-up, and Guardian of the Witch blazed through the end of one fight and into something else with a really awkward transition.

I guess their mangaka's are scrambling to avoid the axe since they're both around the point where they have to worry about that. Mashle ranked well in it's first week so I guess it's safe for now, and GotW will be ranked for the first time this week, so I'm curious to see if it makes the cut or not.

Oct 25, 2017
The pacing for the two newest series was weird this week. Mashle rushed straight into a fight with no real build-up, and Guardian of the Witch blazed through the end of one fight and into something else with a really awkward transition.

I guess their mangaka's are scrambling to avoid the axe since they're both around the point where they have to worry about that. Mashle ranked well in it's first week so I guess it's safe for now, and GotW will be ranked for the first time this week, so I'm curious to see if it makes the cut or not.

GotW's first ranking will be next week actually.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
This series is super cool. I just wish it updated more often. Also, I need an anime.
Agreed. Two or one times a month is too little. Then again each chapter is great so far so I am happy with it.

If it was to get an anime, I hope they guys who did Kaguya do it. They could probably nail the way monsters show up.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya-sama Vol 1-13

loving this series. I wonder what took me so long to get into it. I want a spin-off with just the maid.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Very off-putting promo and introduction aside, Undead Unluck has been fun. The last two chapters in particular are interesting. And it has easily my preferred art of the latest 3 added series.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
samurai 8 42
When you max out/break the skill tree fifteen minutes after the tutorial

Hell's Paradise 90
Shugen's been interesting. I like how he is an unnerving version of "fights for their friends" mold. He just really(!) cares.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Re: Zero Chapter 2. Decided to take a break before Chapter 3.

Rem is the choice for Subaru. Why is he so blindly obsessed with Emilia? Goodness lord...

Started High-Rise Invasion. The writing is pretty childish and silly, but the premise has me hooked. About to wrap up the first 2 Volumes and can't wait to dive into the next!

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Bokuben 151 - Rizu's Route 1

WZ2lkna.png

- From Chapter name This is the first time that we know her nickname? "Thumbelina"

5cvHA5C.png

- Uruka's didn't confess on this route? wonder the trip still happened?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Pseudo Harem: Ch. 82
The mother's face when that line was spoken made me crack up laughing, thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read this chapter.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I've complained about it before but I just wish whoever it is that does the english versions of Bloom into You (it's Yen or Seven Seas?) would lay off the bolding random words in speech bubbles to lend emphasis to things. It's so... American comic book.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Bokuben 151 - Rizu's Route 1

WZ2lkna.png

- From Chapter name This is the first time that we know her nickname? "Thumbelina"

5cvHA5C.png

- Uruka's didn't confess on this route? wonder the trip still happened?
The way I see it since this is a series in which the supernatural exists (not overtly but not subtly either, just look at this very chapter), destiny dictates who will end up with Nariyuki based on the fireworks handholding moment and events will play in accordance to that. Since Uruka didn't hold Yuiga's hand in this timeline, she probably didn't gather the courage to confess.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I've complained about it before but I just wish whoever it is that does the english versions of Bloom into You (it's Yen or Seven Seas?) would lay off the bolding random words in speech bubbles to lend emphasis to things. It's so... American comic book.
I only notice this when other people point it out.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Tower of God - Season 3 - Episode 53

Yesyesyesyesyes

So much god damn hype. Yama about to fuck some shit up.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spy x Family

This manga is the perfect heartwarming sht to any bad mood. The dog's name is so fucking perfect, god.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck #9 - Okay, I've made a decision: weird, lewd, gropey origins (and occasional current descent into that kind of comedy) aside, this is... genuinely very cool. I'm very intrigued by the premise of the Union and the Book of Apocalypse, and the series has added a ton of depth in a very natural way pretty quickly. This is easily the strongest of the new raft of Jump series.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Tower of God Season 3 Episode 52

OK I've been down on this series recently because they just keep expanding the characters and lore excessively but its been building to this moment and

OMG

This arc looks like it's going to bring the BUSINESS

Pray for your Favs
I would like to have to pray for my favs as that would mean they're actually getting some actual screen time to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.