• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Since the first arc ended, or Goldy Pond if you want to be nice
It definitely peaked at the first arc, but I liked it through Goldy Pond, where it still mainly relied on them outwitting their enemies. This last arc though has just been a mess. We lost the real fear/anxiety and tension and turned Emma into an idealist who often had her naivety clash with reality to one that had it validated through shonen tropes and plot armor

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I would like to have to pray for my favs as that would mean they're actually getting some actual screen time to begin with.
No need to pray for your favs when they basically just stop existing after a while.

ToG's complete inability to manage its cast is the biggest reason why I lost almost all interest in it. I don't give a shit about most of the characters in Season 3, and the ones I do like either do nothing or just vanish. Like, where the hell even is Endorsi?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
No need to pray for your favs when they basically just stop existing after a while.

ToG's complete inability to manage its cast is the biggest reason why I lost almost all interest in it. I don't give a shit about most of the characters in Season 3, and the ones I do like either do nothing or just vanish. Like, where the hell even is Endorsi?
She's visiting Anak in the dimension of lost characters

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Has Anak even shown up since workshop battle ? lol Maybe during the name station. I didn't really read S3 but Endorsi was there during S3 finale making her probably one of the better off og characters.
Yeah, Anak's most recent appearance was a small cameo at name station. Ship and Hatsu have shown up in season 3, but they are mostly just there. Just like their last appearance so its consistent.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
She's visiting Anak in the dimension of lost characters
Pretty much lol

ToG would be soooo much better off if it just took the One Piece approach of having a singular main cast that all get to do stuff, while secondary characters come and go in a way that feels natural. It boggles the mind that glorified background characters get to stick with Baams group for years (real-time) and yet still do next to nothing, while many, more compelling characters just stop appearing altogether with no explanation.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much lol

ToG would be soooo much better off if it just took the One Piece approach of having a singular main cast that all get to do stuff, while secondary characters come and go in a way that feels natural. It boggles the mind that glorified background characters get to stick with Baams group for years (real-time) and yet still do next to nothing, while many, more compelling characters just stop appearing altogether with no explanation.
This was actually said about One Piece cast rotation of all things. I'm crying right now. Luffy's crew never splits organically lmao.

Anak,Yuri, and Endorsi probably won't be appearing in this arc much since it IS a direct confrontation against the Jahad empire.

Last edited:

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Downfall by Inio Asano

An increadibly sad and depressing story that reads like a call for help by the Author, it's about how a manga artist's depression makes his life spiral out of control. I won't say anything else because while it won't cheer you up its still a really well told story with a very poignant end.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Undead Unluck #9 - Okay, I've made a decision: weird, lewd, gropey origins (and occasional current descent into that kind of comedy) aside, this is... genuinely very cool. I'm very intrigued by the premise of the Union and the Book of Apocalypse, and the series has added a ton of depth in a very natural way pretty quickly. This is easily the strongest of the new raft of Jump series.
That's what I'm saying!
I'm surprised to be feeling this way. I agree in thinking it's easily the strongest of the series that were introduced alongside it right now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was actually said about One Piece cast rotation of all things. I'm crying right now. Luffy's crew never splits organically lmao.

He said the secondary characters, which yes, they do come and go organically due to the whole setup of going from island to island.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
He said the secondary characters, which yes, they do come and go organically due to the whole setup of going from island to island.
Eh, I disagree.

There are logical story reasons why some characters don't follow Bam on his journey right, especially now that he's working with essentially terrorist organization. And I also feel like some characters aren't overstaying their welcome outside the arc/saga they were introduced in(i.e. Sachi Faker and Boro)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Anak,Yuri, and Endorsi probably won't be appearing in this arc much since it IS a direct confrontation against the Jahad empire.
The Strawhats are the core cast that we know the story will always go back to and focus on. Even when they get split up, it's a given that they'll all reunite eventually so they can continue their adventure together.

In ToG, Baam, Khun, and Rak are pretty much the only characters with comparable status. Others come and go, hang around for a long time and do next to nothing (I'm looking at you Hockney), or just vanish altogether, it's hard for me to care about most of them.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
The Strawhats are the core cast that we know the story will always go back to and focus on. Even when they get split up, it's a given that they'll all reunite eventually so they can continue their adventure together.

In ToG, Baam, Khun, and Rak are pretty much the only characters with comparable status. Others come and go, hang around for a long time and do next to nothing (I'm looking at you Hockney), or just vanish altogether, it's hard for me to care about most of them.
I just can't agree at all, sorry. I like the rotating cast feature of ToG and I fell people have a logical reason for not showing appearing at a given moment.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I was pretty hype to find out Bam was traveling with Kaiser, but she ended up not playing a role at all really. I'd feel better about the rotating cast if it felt like it mattered more.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still getting caught up on ToG (hundred and sixty chapters into S2) and I'd agree that the rotating cast is not doing a lot right now. It doesn't help that people keep getting shed during timeskips with very poor or no explanation, and the new people they introduce mostly don't get to do much of anything since the focus is overwhelmingly on Bam and his powerups/personal arc.

Doesn't help that the official translation is deeply mediocre.
That's what I'm saying!
I'm surprised to be feeling this way. I agree in thinking it's easily the strongest of the series that were introduced alongside it right now.
Very strong turnaround considering the... uh... questionable first chapter.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still getting caught up on ToG (hundred and sixty chapters into S2) and I'd agree that the rotating cast is not doing a lot right now. It doesn't help that people keep getting shed during timeskips with very poor or no explanation, and the new people they introduce mostly don't get to do much of anything since the focus is overwhelmingly on Bam and his powerups/personal arc.

Doesn't help that the official translation is deeply mediocre.

Very strong turnaround considering the... uh... questionable first chapter.
Poodlestrike, you can't even visit the DCEU or Comic OT's anymore but this is where I find you and in this instance?! Shame on you!

(But yes I do miss The Company translations. Zahard, Androssi, Koon > Jahad, Endorsi, Khun)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Poodlestrike, you can't even visit the DCEU or Comic OT's anymore but this is where I find you and in this instance?! Shame on you!

(But yes I do miss * translations. Zahard, Androssi, Koon > Jahad, Endorsi, Khun)
😫

(I never even saw that version - I just started recently, when it was all up on Webtoons. It's not just names, the whole thing is pretty shaky. Also, if that's a scanlation group I'd recommend editing it out :P)

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
😫

(I never even saw that version - I just started recently, when it was all up on Webtoons. It's not just names, the whole thing is pretty shaky. Also, if that's a scanlation group I'd recommend editing it out :P)
Edited but I don't think that group Is active anymore in any capacity. The official translations have been a common complaint ever since Webtoon started up. They can't even be bothered to fix typos 😪)

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished that Dr Stone Reboot miniseries. It was so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Hopefully it connects to the main manga eventually.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, there's another chapter on the way. Issue just released, so I imagine a week or so before we get the translation.

Still cracks me up the series runs in this kind of magazine. :p

白泉社公式電子書店、白泉社e-net!

白泉社発行のすべての電子書籍と、集英社の少女まんがを配信中★ 白泉社公式だからできる雑誌の先行配信や、無料・割引・特集もいっぱいです♪ アニメ化・映画化の話題作から懐かしの名作、本誌連載中作品も楽しめます!

Nice, hope to see more consistent releases. I guess this is still better than waiting volume by volume like the old days.

I always thought 3-Gatsu was Josei. Doesnt Berserk get serialized here too? The curation in this magazine is just amazing. They know what guys want lol.

Last edited:

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I haven't read a chapter of Seven Deadly Sins since the shitshow that was the Demon King battle. It was getting bad for a long time but that really was the shit-speckled icing on the turd flavoured cake.

I'll wait for the final chapter to hit and then try to finish it off in a single sitting.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Nice, hope to see more consistent releases. I guess this is still better than waiting volume by volume like the old days.

I always thought 3-Gatsu was Josei. Doesnt Berserk get serialized here too? The curation in this magazine is just amazing. They know what guys want lol.
Basically expect 12-13 chapters a year in order for her to get out at least one volume, since that seems to be what she aims for.

And yup, same magazine as Berserk, and the two are actually acquainted with each other.

Umino did an alternate cover for Vol. 33 of Berserk, and in addition to the big piece I posted before, Miura did an alternate cover for Vol. 2 of 3-gatsu, as well as two end cards for the anime.

And they've known each other since Umino's first series:

"Yes. I first learned of Umino-sensei through a small store below my house, where in the manga corner 'Honey and Clover' had been arranged and lined up for display. So, she had wanted to meet me, and so that was how we met."

Probably one of the reasons why she went with Young Animal when starting 3-gatsu.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished that Dr Stone Reboot miniseries. It was so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Hopefully it connects to the main manga eventually.
Confirmed non-canon.
twitter.com

Caleb Cook on Twitter

“Inagaki-sensei clarifies the following points: -written and drawn by sci-fi-master Boichi-sensei, but Inagaki-sensei supervised/consulted on all dialogue, etc. -it's a what-if "hypothetical worldline" story -Rei the robot is a cutie https://t.co/NNtn590QGV”

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Age of the Great Dinosaurs remain one of the movies that had an impact on e as a child. Back then I had no idea who Shotaro Ishinomori was. It was the only movie he directed and story boarded and he had an approach not seen by anime directors.

Now I learned that the boy in the movie called Jun, is based on his experimental manga Fantasy World Jun, though movie is far less abstract. Interesting to see how such a known author is also well versed in experimental underground manga with symbolism,though manga back then was in a different state and more autonomous in regard to cinema and literature and scrutinised by less people that also had an active part in it.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apotheosis 1- ~ (1417 LN)

It's god/ok for the most part of the manhua, there's some plot points that made me pissed ( like the first teacher plot ignored, or his sister thing) but, ok i accepted, i liked the heroine/gf, but then i started to read the novel to catch up.
Seriously dont start to read this, the author loses the line, changing/forgeting plot, characters acting weird/forgetting them, dum plot reasons, and an horrible big plot twist.
Seriously dont start reading its decent for the most part of the manhua and probably for a while in the future of it, but seriously DON'T READ THIS, maybe i will read some more because i'm curious with the story of the elf, but its torture now, its very disapointing and sad how the story gets low on quality.

Martial Arts Reign 1- 132

Its good, there's many plot points that are similar to many manhuas, even the one i talked above, but so far there's no problems in the plot, its tradititonal shounen/manhua, the relationship of the couple is cute, but i wish the heroine was better developed though. I like that the thing of the protagonist is a fair society for everyone against the opression of those who are powerfull, that's already something great since all the other cultivation stories is only about getting power and fuck the rest (or just protecting its own family) or save the world.
The relationship with the spirit is one strong point of it.
I recommend so far.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
samurai 8 cancelled
burn the witch simultaneous anime and manga serialization

Weekly Shonen Jump (@WSJ_manga) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from Weekly Shonen Jump (@WSJ_manga). Weekly Shonen Jump Unofficial Account. News about the magazine and any series that runs in it!

unofficial twitter account but supposedly always right

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Kishi gets cancelled the same day Kubo raises from the grave. The pattern truly demands balance

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Samurai 8 sucked so hard, the only reason it lasted as long as it did was because of Kishi's name. Shit would have been canceled in like 20 chapters otherwise.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Kubo really impressed with his future ideas to get an anime right off the bat.

It does help that Bleach was hugely successful for a good time.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
rKgo78i.png

Never thought I'd see the day.

Oct 25, 2017
Latest TOC is out.

The Promised Neverland (Cover and Lead Color)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Jujutsu Kaisen (Color)
Dr Stone
Haikyuu!!
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Color)
Mashle (Extra Pages)

My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
We Never Learn
Guardian of the Witch (First Ranking)
Chainsaw Man
Act-age
Mitama Security
Mission: Yozakura Family
Agravity Boys
Samurai 8 (END)
Zipman!!

Next week, the cover will go to Kimetsu no Yaiba with color pages for Act-age and Mitama Security. As well as a one-shot
One Piece is on break next week.

And as you all heard, Burn the Witch from Tite Kubo is coming soon. Reports say it's a short-term serialization so it won't be around for long.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.