• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
All of these Mitama Security color pages lately giving me hope going to make it harder when it gets the axe.

To You Eternity 120 (2)
I'm glad that Immo/Fushi is at the hang out drinking milk shakes (or something) on isolated roads portion of their hero's journey.

Concern for Mizuha skyrocketing now that she has met Immo.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I liked samurai 8 tbh. It got weird and metaphysical in almost a Grant Morrison way. I wish it'd handled some stuff better, though.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I only read like three chapters of Samurai 8 so I am indifferent to the news of it's cancellation. The memes of it possibly ripping off World Trigger were funny though.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally fine with Samurai 8 ending and it was pretty obvious we were in the "rush to the end" phase for a bit now, so no huge surprise there. Somehow seems weirdly fitting for Burn the Witch to take its place... At least for right now, I could go for some Kubo craziness back in Jump, too!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just laughing at Sam8 ending after having to deal with interacting with insane fanboys who insisted it was going to continue because there were still so many loose ends because they don't fucking understand the implications of cancellation

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just laughing at Sam8 ending after having to deal with interacting with insane fanboys who insisted it was going to continue because there were still so many loose ends because they don't fucking understand the implications of cancellation

Like the last chapter not only had Hachimaru go all godlike, but the biggest red flag was that he confessed he loved Ann...

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's about time they pulled the plug on Samurai 8. I didn't even finish the first chapter before getting bored.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the video game elements that Kishi seemed interested in Samurai 8, I say there is a clear next work where he can both explore those and guarantee popularity:

Sasuke Isekai.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Martial God Technique 327
I'm not a fan of what's happening to the plot, the war was one of the most interesting/cool stuff happening, and what happened was too easy and makes you question why that didnt happened earlier, if it was easy like that, well that's a bad executed thing to make the plot go to the end arc, that sux.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Kaguya 182

Now it is turning into Spy x Family x Love x War LUL and we can confirm everyone in Kaguya's family are assholes.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Pretty much lol

ToG would be soooo much better off if it just took the One Piece approach of having a singular main cast that all get to do stuff, while secondary characters come and go in a way that feels natural. It boggles the mind that glorified background characters get to stick with Baams group for years (real-time) and yet still do next to nothing, while many, more compelling characters just stop appearing altogether with no explanation.
I missed this discussion but I want to echo it.

I swear for the longest time I held out hope (which I thought came to fruition in the workshop) that the secondary characters, who all(okay not all, most of sweet and sour could kick rocks) had very compelling stories, would fuse together into one major group.

Instead it's become the Baam/Koon show with guest mascot Rak.

And I just can't be arsed to care. Because Baam the least interesting person in his group as a character(Yes, that actually does include people like Miseng) and Koon's not nearly as fun as he could be without strong personalities to bounce off of.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the spoilers for the final chapter, Kishimoto is definitely pissed off about the cancellation

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Really, Viz? Had to tweet this for St. Patrick's Day. Not sure if a sign of a reprint coming (that cover is for the volume that's currently out of print), or just taunting us. D:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
JoJolion Chapter 95
Even if Jobin isn't the big bad. He's an extremely well-done antagionst and really feels like Josuke's rival

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 182
Hayasaka's arc promises to be one of the best arcs of the series. Development for Hayasaka's character, insight on the Shinomiya's family, espionage and counter-espionage, classmates thinking about a love triangle: there are all the ingredients for it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Beastars 1-18

I think this series is very well written, I'm just not sure it's for me. This bizarre blend of comedy and drama in a high school setting doesn't really interest me. I hate the female lead character and Legosi's crush on her does nothing for me. I'm also annoyed how the murder from chapter 1 has barely played a role in this story despite how big of a deal it should be in the world the story presents. I want Beastars to have some kind of goal, be it Legosi competing to become the Beastar, or trying to solve the murder of Tem. Maybe that's where it's going but man I just can't invest currently.

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars 1-18

I think this series is very well written, I'm just not sure it's for me. This bizarre blend of comedy and drama in a high school setting doesn't really interest me. I hate the female lead character and Legosi's crush on her does nothing for me. I'm also annoyed how the murder from chapter 1 has barely played a role in this story despite how big of a deal it should be in the world the story presents. I want Beastars to have some kind of goal, be it Legosi competing to become the Beastar, or trying to solve the murder of Tem. Maybe that's where it's going but man I just can't invest currently.

Its a slow burn series so 18 chapters is not enough tbh

Also it is a big deal as the underlying issue of the murder pops up constantly throughout the series and effects almost every character.

If it makes you feel any better there is a payoff for that murder plot.

Last edited:

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Killing Vol 1-15

Still going through my kindle backlog. I remember really like the anime so picking up the manga was easy. I do like that they show the ups and downs of the club. You can question Tatsumi's decisions and the way he approaches the team. Even things about the fights between the fan clubs of the team are interesting.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how Chihayafuru is going to wrap up after what, 19 chapters? Kind of nervous how they'll end things. There's probably a max 10 more chapters left for this final so a decent chunk of chapters for ending things after. I'll just say I don't want any asspull 180s happening in either karuta or love.

Except I want Sumire to finally get that date with Taichi lol

Also, jesus the fanbase shits all over her for not being pretty enough or pure enough for Taichi... then again they shit on Chihaya for rejecting Taichi too. Basically a large chunk of the fanbase's obsession with Taichi is disturbing.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Just started Blue Period and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm so burnt out on action and I can only follow so many romcoms without developments becoming too repetitive so a story about an aimless young man finding his passion in art is just what I needed.

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Viz is going to publish Burn the Witch. They publish everything ongoing in Jump that isn't Ghost Tits (though the next ecchi will likely be published by them too)

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell do I keep forgetting this particular community exists? How long has it been since I posted here?

Girl friends - Morinaga Milk

In the midst of fire emblem playthroughs, I take a break by reading manga. Reread this series from start to finish.

Still one of my favorites after all these years. Wish I could see them coming out to their friends though. would've liked to see the reaction.

Bloom into You - Nio Nakatani

Also reread this from start to finish.
For some reason Yuu never really clicked with me. I liked Sayaka the most.

Natsu no Renjitsu - Yoshida Motoi

....why the hell did I decide to reread this?
Forgot how this ended. Fuck.

Dedication Through Light do you remember me? If not, That's fine. Disregard this post.

If yes, care to recommend me a series?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A Seven Deadly Sins sequal manga was announced. It's a story about the next generation with Tristan as the MC.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Got a source for that?
ryokutya2089.com

漫画【七つの大罪】続編「黙示録の四騎士(仮)」制作決定 | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

次の世代の物語。トリスタンがメインキャラっぽい。 連載開始時期、掲載誌は不明。予告ラフをみるとBORUTOみたいに画の人がかわるわけでもなさそう。「充電して戻ってきます!」とのことなので週マガかなぁ。17号は感動の大団円の最終回。ここで完結しておけばいいのに・・・と決め付けるの続編の内容次第かな。

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
ryokutya2089.com

漫画【七つの大罪】続編「黙示録の四騎士(仮)」制作決定 | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

次の世代の物語。トリスタンがメインキャラっぽい。 連載開始時期、掲載誌は不明。予告ラフをみるとBORUTOみたいに画の人がかわるわけでもなさそう。「充電して戻ってきます!」とのことなので週マガかなぁ。17号は感動の大団円の最終回。ここで完結しておけばいいのに・・・と決め付けるの続編の内容次第かな。

Thanks

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya Latest

How does the author ping pong between humor and serious topics so effortlessly without any kind of whiplash? He's a master at work.

Protect Hayasaka at all costs!

Basically expect 12-13 chapters a year in order for her to get out at least one volume, since that seems to be what she aims for.

And yup, same magazine as Berserk, and the two are actually acquainted with each other.

Umino did an alternate cover for Vol. 33 of Berserk, and in addition to the big piece I posted before, Miura did an alternate cover for Vol. 2 of 3-gatsu, as well as two end cards for the anime.

And they've known each other since Umino's first series:

"Yes. I first learned of Umino-sensei through a small store below my house, where in the manga corner 'Honey and Clover' had been arranged and lined up for display. So, she had wanted to meet me, and so that was how we met."

Probably one of the reasons why she went with Young Animal when starting 3-gatsu.

I just hope we get longer chapters down the road. 12 pages every month is brutal haha.

Murata's art style works surprisingly well for this series. It's great to see that they're friends. I might give Honey & Clover another shot and pick up the manga instead of watching the anime.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Spy X Family 24

Will we ever actually get to see Yor doing something related to her assassin job? That part of her character seems like a background element to justify why she's a terrible house wife and hulkishly strong. The last time I can remember it being a plot element was the bonus chapter where she got shot in the ass.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Golden Kamuy 233
The IT parody had me cackling. This series is too much sometimes, god I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.