• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Agravity Boys 14

Flirting the chapter. Whats wrong with Baba, no wonder he failed 1K times.

Saga had the best.

Guardian of the Witch 8

Incoming training arc. More curious about the top-hat mans research.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mash 9

Darn I was almost wondering if we had another Gauche, but the writer avoided it.

I think dialogue falls a little flat in that it feels samey and standard and didn't really make me feel for Lance in the way it perhaps was supposed to, but I did like the plot.

Dr. Stone

Gen team should have won :(

Five aces though, how?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck 10

That's certainly one way to keep clothes on Andy.
Honestly, this series has gotten really good. Pervy beginning aside, it has turned into a real interesting and fun manga. Glad it's doing well in Japan too.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The Promised Neverland 172

Talk no jutsu to defeat Ratri? ResidentSleeper

That Corona Virus panel though, that surely won't age poorly when the anime adapts

Demon Slayer 199

Muzan apprars to finally be defeat, guess we need to see what happened to Tanjiro in all that chaos near the end. I generally enjoy these manga final bosses that the entire cast has to work together to barely overcome the odds, even if narratively this makes the villain kinda bland.

My Hero Academia 265

They're setting up Dabi vs Endeavor and the inevitable reveal of who Dabi really is hard. Glad to see Tokoyami doing work and Suneater get another chance to shine.

One Piece 975

Kin'emon was such a master planner he even fooled himself, great final panel.

Samurai 8 43

Why couldn't this have been the story of Samurai Ann? Glad this dumpster fire manga is done.

Ace Age 106

Mostly a set up chapter, but the Kei and Chiyoko scene at the end was good.

Black Clover 244

Oh man, a flash back for this character, and I guess she has a crush on Gauche... neat? She's such an irrelevant character I can't even remember her name, but hey at least she has arcane magic so surely she'll be useful going forward...pfft

Chainsaw Man 63

The triple swerve was great, this manga is finally going to hell and I love it.

Haikyuu 387

This is a flashback we needed awhile ago ie before the time skip since it's hard to care about this manga when everyone is an adult and it's clear this is just a victory lap before the ending. The flashback was actually really good which is the worst part since it feels out of place in this nothing ending.

Agravity Boys 14

A flirt contest... please die soon Agravity Boys.

Dr Stone 144

Well this didn't live up to my expectations. Some fun moments but not the epic poker match I was expecting.

Guardian of the Witch 8

Fairly generic development with a fairly generic mentor character. Hard to know what else to say really.

Jujutsu Kaisen 100

That was an entertaining squash, though I am disappointed Nobara didn't get a chance to win this on her own.

Mashle Magic & Muscles 9

"Pedo"
'No you don't understand that's my sister'
"Is that supposed to make it better?"

LOL great exchange, a fairly generic back story for the rival but still a good chapter.

Mission Yozakura Family 29

Oh hey look the Yozakura family members got to get focus on a chapter and it was really good. I dunno why the series abandoned them for so damn long.

Undead Unluck 10

This continues to be solidly entertaining and very unique, but I still hate the leads with a passion. They ruin this series for me as good as it is in spite of them.

We Never Learn 152

At least Ogata is hot and this Ogata route is giving us lots of fanservice with her since there isn't much else in this route worth discussing. Ogata may be my best gril but she has the least romantic chemistry with Yuiga and it shows.

Zipman 15

This could have been emotional and interesting in another timeline when this happened in chapter 315.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Chainsawman 63
So hold on... what is going on? So Santa was never really there or was he Master all along? What

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Chainsawman is literally unable to disappoint.

Bokuben 152

Glad to see each girl is going to get multiple episodes, as they deserve, but this Ogata route while entertaining is feeling a little light on the actual romance. Let's wait and see when the confession arrives.

Demon Slayer

We Akira now.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Samurai 8

1584893487806.jpg

"Hachimaru Charisma = infinite "
Perhaps the funniest shit Kishimoto has ever written

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Chainsawman

What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck!?

EDIT: Now that they're in hell it's time to see what it means for the Chainsaw Devil to be involved in reincarnation. Fuck, this manga is great.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man is literally the best thing to come out of Shonen Jump in decades. The amount of set ups and pay offs and how everyone is still relevant is amazing.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Samurai 8

Well that story ended as obtusely as it began. Maybe this series could have been saved if Kishimoto had kept things simple at first and then ramp up the complexity and obtuseness later--much later--into the story. You need to hook in your audience and have them invest in the world you crafted before you introduce your big-brained ideas, not kick off the story with them. Kishimoto did it backwards and now this is the result.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Souboutei Must Be Destroyed 1-80

I fucking love how mad everyone in this series is about Souboutei, a haunted house.

So mad in fact that the series -starts- with a childhood victim of the haunted house, the Prime Minister, revealing that he only became PM so he could force the neighborhood surrounding the house to be evacuated so he could just fucking bomb the place.

It's amazing.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Hunter X Hunter

Cant believe this is by the same author of Yu Yu Hakusho. Except the Chimera Ant Arc which justly gives it a classic shonen status, everything before and especially after is upright mediocre. Last arc especially could be condensed in 1-2 volumes but it was evident author started to run out of ideas and the prospect of designing a whole new continent with those difficult to draw monsters is too much.

Probably it will remain on hiatus forever like Bastard.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Hunter X Hunter

Cant believe this is by the same author of Yu Yu Hakusho. Except the Chimera Ant Arc which justly gives it a classic shonen status, everything before and especially after is upright mediocre. Last arc especially could be condensed in 1-2 volumes but it was evident author started to run out of ideas and the prospect of designing a whole new continent with those difficult to draw monsters is too much.

Probably it will remain on hiatus forever like Bastard.
But YYH had weaker writing overall. :p To each their own, I guess. At least you enjoyed Chimera.

And don't really see the Bastard comparison when that hasn't had a volume release since 2012.

No way this current arc could be condensed to 1-2 volumes lol. Though I agree he's trying to avoid tackling the DC given its scale (and an artist team-up is probably the only way it could finish).

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed they put Burn the Witch's oneshot on Viz and I went and reread it. Other than the dude's panty obsession (and he seems like a supporting character anyway) I actually think it's pretty good.

Kurita's official French translation

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Happy to announce that I've translated Mahou ga tsukaenakutemo/Even if I can't use magic by Kii Kanna (mostly known for BL stuff) in French. It's gonna be out mid-June in France (though the whole Corona situation might delay it), published by Casterman.
My first manga translation!✌🏻
Already briefly talked about me getting started in this field a few months ago but that was before I could give more details

French cover (subject to changes)

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Happy to announce that I've translated Mahou ga tsukaenakutemo/Even if I can't use magic by Kii Kanna (mostly known for BL stuff) in French. It's gonna be out mid-June in France (though the whole Corona situation might delay it), published by Casterman.
Already briefly talked about me getting started in this field a few months ago but that was before I could give more details

Félicitations man. Quite remarkable achievement.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017

Huh, so the French title you're going with is basically "Our best lives" (as in, living our best lives)?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Huh, so the French title you're going with is basically "Our best lives" (as in, living our best lives)?
In this case, a more appropriate translation would be "Our better lives", as in, the characters are trying to have better lives.
fwiw I'm not the one who picked the title, tho the publisher obviously asked for my opinion. I do like it tbh. Just translating the Japanese/English title led to awkward, not catchy enough results ("Même si je ne peux pas utiliser la magie..." is eeeeeeeeh)
It's not like it's a big licence where the Japanese publisher wants a recognizable name all around the world, they were open to anything.

Félicitations man. Quite remarkable achievement.
Thanks, it's not easiest field to get into. I mostly got the gig because I did an internship at Casterman last year during 6 months, so they knew pretty well.
I'm lucky to have two other one-shots to translate for another publisher. Hope I'll manage to get my name out there.

Oct 25, 2017

Congrats! Wish you could do English too!

Hows it feel reading your translation in a published book with lettering (unless you also did lettering too?))

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Congrats! Wish you could do English too!

Hows it feel reading your translation in a published book with lettering (unless you also did lettering too?))
Thanks buddy.
Nah the lettering is done by someone else haha (imo one of the best in France).
It's honestly pretty thrilling to finally see my own words neatly put on paper. Even tho it's not the same as being the original author, it's very satisfying to see my translation "coming to life" since all I gave was a word document haha

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I thought they would change Darkshine.
Why couldn't they change Darkshine.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Man if the rest of the endings are going to be like Ogata's then for the real, the series should've just ended at 150 and made the crybabies suck it up lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Man if the rest of the endings are going to be like Ogata's then for the real, the series should've just ended at 150 and made the crybabies suck it up lol

The story isn't over. Next week, they seem to be going into a Christmas flashback to when he started liking her.

Regardless, she always managed to have the worst chemistry out of all the heroines with the MC, so if "lol boobs" is all they go for at the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised.

Akito

Dec 6, 2017

Dang that's amazing, congrats dude, actually getting paid to be a weeb ;)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Undead Unluck had such a big turnaround from "ew why is this a thing" to "okay, this is pretty fun"

I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
One Punch Man
They didn't change Darkshines origin :(

The Promise Neverland
This chapter really pissed me off, I can't believe how much this manga has fallen in quality, I haven't seen a series start off so strong and fall off so hard since TG

Spy X Family
Best mom in Jump

Chainsawman
Still having trouble processing what just happened

Undead Unluck
I'm going to make a strange but reading this series I'm reminded of 7DS, in how despise the main Male and female leads for the exact same reasons and how everything outside of them is actually kind of fun to read

Status
Not open for further replies.