• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to believe the we never learn author saw the backlash and rushed to keep drawing like "ahh...hahaa haa this w-was my plan a... ALL ALONG!"

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with the newest mangas that comes with similar title "____ in 100 days" like that? Was it because they memeized "Croc will die in 100 days" or something?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
checked out uruka's ending, that was pretty decent
rizu's seem pretty lame so far

anybody read wakaki's new work "are you really getting married?"
seems like it'll be a less funny version of fly me to the moon/tonikaku kawaii
i'll still check it out but i don't have high hopes it'll last long

Oct 25, 2017
MHA 265

I think I get the gist what Clone guy actually mean what he said about "heroes" when Hawk is attempting to kill him without hesitation, but Dabi got arrived just on time and about to lit that poor fool.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I'm super uninterested in My Hero Academia lately. Maybe it's because it's such a telegraphed down arc for the heroes?

Something bad is going to go down, and this chapter is totally in line with that. Somehow I find it kind of boring?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I'm super uninterested in My Hero Academia lately. Maybe it's because it's such a telegraphed down arc for the heroes?

Something bad is going to go down, and this chapter is totally in line with that. Somehow I find it kind of boring?
I feel the author can't win, if there is no build up people will say it will come from nowhere, if there is build up people will say it is telegraphed.
What matter in this case is how it will go down and not the en product imo, like I didn't expect the Mirko chapters and they were very exciting

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I'd like to believe the we never learn author saw the backlash and rushed to keep drawing like "ahh...hahaa haa this w-was my plan a... ALL ALONG!"
Considering how the anime ended, yeah
hm

I dont know it's plan

I feel like lots of authors would have liked to give ideal endings for all characters...wouldn't surprise me also if the writers dream was to write a VN.

From Jumps Business View. Unlikely Mutiple Route plan come in last minute

Heck, Sensei is Final Route .

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Lock through 33
I am far too entertained by this series.

It is the perfect level of over the top (and yes edgy), where the concept of the story is so absurd but everything is played completely serious at all times that it has to be intentional tone choice from the author to make it more amusing. And fortunately the worst edgy gets in a soccer series just means yelling and some hard fouls.

One of the things I do like a lot is that it separates itself from other sports series with the structure. It is pretty much the sports version of the Hunter Exam lol. Working our way down to last strikers remaining through various trials. It also leads to nonsense like mid match betrayals and other mischief

The art is pretty strong as well. Looking forward to seeing where it goes now that the round robin is coming to a close.

To Your Eternity 121
Turns out Fushi/Immo was not hanging out all alone. They are going to get themself caught in no time.

I'm surprised we, seemingly, confirmed the Mizuha ancestor matter so soon.

Happy to announce that I've translated Mahou ga tsukaenakutemo/Even if I can't use magic by Kii Kanna (mostly known for BL stuff) in French. It's gonna be out mid-June in France (though the whole Corona situation might delay it), published by Casterman.
My first manga translation!✌🏻
Already briefly talked about me getting started in this field a few months ago but that was before I could give more details

French cover (subject to changes)
Congrats!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I actually havent read any of them but I do see these titles pop up all the time. Which ones are worth checking out?
I was exposed to the genre with... god, the titles are all awful light novel stuff. A lot of them are isekai, which is normally a no-go for me outside of Faraway Paladin, but somehow I just find the whole subgenre delightful.

I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss was the first one I read, it's fun, but doesn't do a lot with its premise (which actually got pretty cool towards the end).

Fiancee's Observation Log of the Self-Proclaimed Villainess is from the dude's perspective but it's still fun. Weird art, though. That one's got a girl who reincarnated as the villainous and is determined to make the plot of the game go off as intended, but keeps messing it up because she's just too nice. Similarly, The Albert House's Daughter Wishes Only for Ruin is another cute take on a similar concept but with better art, I feel.

Probably the best of the lot is one with like a half-dozen different titles but you can find it searching Bakarina. Basically the opposite pitch, reincarnates as a villainous, decides to do her damnedest to make sure she gets out alive. Very funny. Getting an anime soon which I am very excited for.

Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter is a less romcom version, where it's more focused on the isekai'd woman using her out-of-universe knowledge to get a leg up.

One I'm reading now is May I Ask You Just One Last Thing, which isn't an isekai at all. It's a lot more action-oriented than the others on account of the protagonist being a stone-cold badass who tends to solve her problems very... uh... directly.

There's a ton more, too. Frankly the only bad books I've read in the subgenre are the ones that just get too sappy and oversympathetic for their protags, wallow in the soap-romance too much. And one really really weird manhwa one that sets itself up to be super subversive of sexist tropes and patriarchy but ends up completely propping up both of them. What a mess.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even read We Never Learn and I'm 100% convinced the multiple ending thing is a last minute bailout and not the original intention lol. People take their waifu wars way too seriously.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Mel and Ellie's kid had a bit more of his mother's appearance than I expected, I was fully expecting an Meliodas clone like most anime kids of the protags.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yeah there will, she's closing the series out in fact
Yep. That will be Route 4.
Based multiple endings.
You're thinking Sensei. Senpai is second to last.
Wait sensei is getting a route too ?
OSy4fNT.gif

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I Didn't Mean to Fall in Love 01
ET2LgAnX0AAR-IL

So out of a desire to read more cute romance stories in light of the fact that the world is currently a fucking hellscape, I subscribed to Futekiya, an English Language BL manga service that has a wide variety of content, from all ages comedy to intense R-18 content. I picked this story not just because it was one of the newer ones, but because the description spoke to me "Yoshino is gay, thirty, and definitely not flirty - he's never even dated anyone. He seems to have accepted the fact that he'll die alone...", while not exactly describing me, is close enough to be very relateable, and I overall enjoyed the story.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It still weirds me out people are cheering for a teacher and a student to be together.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It still weirds me out people are cheering for a teacher and a student to be together.
I'm with you there tbh. Senpai and Fuu are my preferred ends, Rizu is bad for the reasons everybody's re-discovering now. Uruka is okay, just not as good as the other two. And Mafuyu is legit problematic lol. Y'all, pls.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
You're hoping for a sister route?

That would be route 7/5, and sensei's little sister would be route 8/5, and the random ass mom who's constantly with her son should be route 9/5. Why not have this be the ultimate harem ending where everyone's kink if satisfied. It's too bad wnl doesn't really have another relevant male character who isn't one of the girl's dads for a yaoi route ending.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
That would be route 7/5, and sensei's little sister would be route 8/5, and the random ass mom who's constantly with her son should be route 9/5. Why not have this be the ultimate harem ending where everyone's kink if satisfied. It's too bad wnl doesn't really have another relevant male character who isn't one of the girl's dads for a yaoi route ending.
He has those 2 guy friends of his.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
are you really getting married? 2
still not very interesting so far, pretty sure fly me to the moon/tonikaku kawaii grabbed my interest very early

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
It's fiction and the characters are cute, I'd say don't look too much into it.

The fact that Mafuyu is a more interesting character than most of the other girls is also something to take into account.

High Chance that Mafuyu Route starts when Yuiga becomes a teacher and involve about her parents.

Also, Nobody wants Sawako Route?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 183
When Fujiwara said "Hmph, looks like he understimated me", I admit I thought it was targeted to me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Latest TOC is out in the wild.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Cover & Lead Color)
Dr Stone
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland
Chainsaw Man
Haikyuu!!
We Never Learn
Mashle
Act-age (Color)
Undead Unluck
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mitama Security (Color)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Black Clover
Agravity Boys
Guardian of the Witch
Ginnan Girls (One-shot)
Mission Yozakura Family
Zipman!!

No One Piece this week. Though it is the cover and lead color next issue.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Kengan Omega 55
Surprised Sandrovich let them meet so soon
I have a feeling he'll actually kill off ohma again and for real this time

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Punch - Fujimoto Tatsuki

Well that was one hell of a ride. Would read again.

Dead dead demon's dededededestruction - Asano Inio

Stopped before volume 8. Don't remember why. Decided to read volume 8 and 9 now.
And now I regret it this got depressing real quick. Fuck you Asano. Then again considering I've already read Punpun and Solanin I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

The boy who cried wolf tells another lie - Namo

Liked Botan the moment she was introduced. This was a nice reread. Hard to dislike anyone here.

Tonari no kinniku joshi - Ame Anosuke

Wished it was longer.

Unrequited Love - TMnR

Catching up on this.....

...Sod off TMnR.

I didn't need to read this. Yet cannot drop it. Fuck.

I sold my lifespan for ¥10,000 a year - Taguchi Shouichi

This was one of the nicer reads I've had for some time. Really liked the ending.

Would to import some stuff but I feel like now isn't a good time for that. Or am I being paranoid?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Death Note Black Edition Volume 1
This was one of the best book/manga I read in the last 6 months.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
just found out about fist of the seeker, sandrovich yabako's webcomic that's actually prequel to the kengan series
some characters even appeared in kengan omega
the drawings are literally worse than ONE's OPM, but it's still pretty entertaining lol

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Chainsaw Man is off the charts I have been amazed by every chapter.

The manga's visuals are imho the most unique thing Jump has seen in God knows how much, HxH and YYH get close but its still no contest.

If it ever gets an adaptation I hope it makes the biggest waves ever.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seven Deadly Sins Final Chapter

That was adorable and makes me want to read the sequel series starring Tristan. While these victory lap battles were kind of whatever I still greatly enjoyed my time reading Seven Deadly Sins.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Silver Fang

Anime adaptation was also good though some events had to be omitted and shortened due to the 21 episode length. Battles between dogs, wolves and bears were some of the beast I've read and the animals expressions were also very detailed, even better than the humans. The ending was also one of the best and most fitting too.

A pity that Japan is on the lowest ranks regarding animal rights and still allowing dog fights among others and manga is also critical of it, including neglectful dog owners

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss was the first one I read, it's fun, but doesn't do a lot with its premise (which actually got pretty cool towards the end).

Yeah, ending at the end of the first LN volume was a little sad. LN volume 2 is fully translated now though. Good read too. Not as good as volume 1, but it is close.

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man 64

You know, it makes sense that primal fears would be way stronger than the Gun Devil.
Man, the art in this series just gets insane.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 200

Series over? Maybe? I mean, most of the cast is dead now. Even the protagonist... maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.