• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
You are presenting as a person who doesn't understand what the consequences of an early access game are and it's very strange. I'm trying to help you understand that your expectations are too high for an early access game.

Clearly you just have issues in communicating your ideas as well. There is nothing anyone can do to help in your understanding.

Good luck out there; you'll need it.

You don't seem to understand my commentary falls under criticism or feedback. Being in early access doesn't make your product immune to negative commentary, and in fact it invites it. Because that's how they can improve the game. And even though they may have already planned to address the tutorial again, it may be helpful feedback regardless because it could be decided it's of higher priority to address it. Regardless, my comment of how the tutorial is undercooked is just a comment; it doesn't "present" anything about understanding early access or not. Nothing I said is remotely worth getting flustered over.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I assume its bugged or not implemented currently based on other threads I saw on Steam but anyone figure out how to move sheep from one field plot to the next for fertilizing crops? I got them to move out of the initial pasture they were in by deleting it but they just stay in one farm plot from then on. I assume more mechanics will be added for managing animals down the road but still frustrating I can only fertilize one plot unless I'm missing something.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
So at one point I noticed a single citizen, just standing there and staring off into the distance. Mousing over him, I noticed he had no name, no assignment, and was just waiting.

Strange, I thought. But I continued on with my day.

A while later, I noticed there were a lot more men doing the same thing, popping up in a group in a corner of town. And then another corner. and then another.

My town is now overrun with these strange nameless men all staring in a single direction motionless. They seem to infect families, so I have families of 20 where about 17 are nameless strangers.

A bit creepy, especially when as soon as I noticed how many there were I got the achievement for hitting 100% approval in a large town.
Imagine if one day a witch comes out of the woods and takes them one by one haha

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
First play tonight. Expanded a bit too much. Lost focus and my hunters camp extincted my supply. Won't make that mistake again.

I know it's a slightly different game but Against the Storm ticks the box for me more than this game does now but this kind of game was my bread and butter years back. It felt a lot like Banished which probably took away some of the excitement. It's not a bad game but hypes pushed this one up a lot I feel.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Put your storehouses and granaries in the middle of the residential zones.

Put your marketplace in the middle near your storehouses.

Build your residential areas around that center and work outward, being sure to have roads connecting everything.

*Make sure each residential plot is big enough so that it shows the primary house, an expansion + house and an additional construction marker inside it. You can shrink and expand the size of the residences with the +/- button on the plot display to make sure you have all three of the aforementioned things for each plot before hitting the build button. This will allow more families to live in the same plot (Expand Living Space), and let you build an additional Backyard Extension for some crafting or farming production stations, like a Chicken Coop, a Veggie Farm or even Breweries and other crafting stations like Blacksmithing.

The important thing is to make sure you can build out your residences and have some room to add more storehouses and granaries as you expand.
Hmm I disagree on these points. The granary, sure that can be close to your center but why the store house? Most traffic will come from your production buildings. The most important thing is to build with the future in mind. Put your saw mill between your wood guy and the store house, put your smelter between your mine and store house, put your trade post close to your store house,...that's how I do it to limit transportation times.

Also disagree on the double buildings. I put down one house + 1 extension. I see the extension as possible production extra. Why would I want a family to live on my plot and not deliver me extra vegetables for instance? Or am I seeing that wrong?

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Well I'm kinda muffed.

So I played a bit on friday evening and saturday morning with a first village to get a grip on the mechanics. Then yesterday evening I decided to start a fresh game and 'do things right'. And apparantly so I did because I got my village to max development in no time. I figured it was time to expand to a different region but all of a sudden, I got a short movie with scenes from my village and a game over screen with my in-game stats?

So I don't know what the hell that was but there's no way to continue with the save game of my perfect village. My region wasn't under attack or anything, it all just ended and brought me to the startup screen.

Think I'm done with this for the year.. Love the vibe and the mechanics are pretty neat but I'd be downright pissed if I hadn't played this through Game Pass. It definitely needs more depth and a lot of tweaking. Here's to hoping Slavic Magic will be hiring a dev team with his new found millions.

edit: oh yeah, to continue on my reasoning from my post above:

Concerning two houses on one plot: so I do feel like this doubles the production of your extension. As in: two houses and a plot will give you double production from that plot. Which sounds like a good thing but really isn't. First of all, it means that through level 1 and 2 development you have less control over the exact production of your houses. I don't necessarily need 50/50 chickens and vegetable gardens for instance. In level 2, you don't necessarily need two families working the bakery or the blacksmith. And then in level 3 you get in big trouble because the amount of families living in your buildings doubles at this point anyway. So you'd get no choice of ending up with a Lvl 3 building with a bakery that you're forced to put 4 families into. Those are three families that can't work the field or put to use elsewhere.

Much better off just sticking to 1 building + 1 extension per plot so you have that extra level of control. You have nothing to gain but much to lose any other way. In fact, in the current state of the game, I don't fully understand why it's an option at all to put down two houses or no extensions beyond pure visual customization. On a gameplay level though, I think it's misleading to a fault. As far as I understand it anyway.

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks very interesting, kind of like a modern version of Banished but with better graphics and combat added to it? Would that be accurate? I loved Banished, and that was made by one guy too!

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game looks very interesting, kind of like a modern version of Banished but with better graphics and combat added to it? Would that be accurate? I loved Banished, and that was made by one guy too!

Yeah that's pretty accurate! Really feels like a Banished sequel with more stuff and modern changes.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's pretty accurate! Really feels like a Banished sequel with more stuff and modern changes.

Damn. I wasn't planning to buy any more games right now, but a modern Banished "sequel" is something I simply must own.

OZ3Lkqw.gif

Spesi

Apr 26, 2022
Finland
Bought this yesterday & was kinda surprised that I had to separately search the OT given the hype around the game.

Anyway, I tend to burn out myself with this type of games where I get myself super into the game & then after a while I just don't enjoy it anymore. That said, I was a bit surprised how I started to feel a bit "that's....it?" about the gameplay loop already during my first couple hrs / right after surviving the first game year. I know the background & appreciate that this is EA and hopefully I haven't just found/realized all the available things.

In general the game seems nice & overall I'm enjoying the game. Looking forward to get more AI players / interactions related to that & trading. Speaking of trading, I have to say that I felt super dumb with the trading UI & blocked myself quite a bit from it since I didn't realize the drop down menu at all & thought trading was just something I wasn't supposed to be doing yet or smth...

Spesi

Apr 26, 2022
Finland
im very dumb. how do i get the sheep i bought in the commercial outpost into the sheep building that makes wool?
Have you built a pasture for them? You need to have that, sheep will not be moved to the building itself at any point. Word of warning: the sheepbreeding perk is pretty broken which means that you'll get additional lambs which never becomes lambs... Realized this afterwards:(

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Have you built a pasture for them? You need to have that, sheep will not be moved to the building itself at any point. Word of warning: the sheepbreeding perk is pretty broken which means that you'll get additional lambs which never becomes lambs... Realized this afterwards:(
do i just need to build a pasture nera the building or there's something more specific?
and goddamn i got that perk lol