• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta bookmark this for when we do worst thread of the year at the end of the year.

Nov 2, 2017
Watch all of Disney's marvel cgi look terrible when they are approaching 20 years old too.

FX age, if the movie is enjoyable you keep the historical context and appreciate what they were doing in time. I still love the old Willis O'Brian stop motion from King Kong and that is 85 years old.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly the worst thread ever. You're not just wrong, you're wrong at the top of your voice. Harry Potter and Pirates are as dope as they ever were.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Like, for real, The Matrix is still great, the OG Pirates movies hold up quite well, and LoTR has aged immaculately.
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
The LoTR CG looked like garbage even back then. Orlando Bloom..or was it Frodo...whatever on that weird tree thing Ent?! looked dodgy. The lighting and stuff. Wtf?? looked cheap af.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Die Another Day was always bad, but it absolutely encapsulates everything that was wrong with early 00's films to me.
That scene where Bond surfs a wave after a giant space laser tries to melt him gave me a hernia, syphilis and Type 2 diabetes with its awfulness.

Edit: The Matrix is sick af tho. In my top 5 best films of all time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Die Another Day was always bad, but it absolutely encapsulates everything that was wrong with early 00's films to me.
That scene where Bond surfs a wave after a giant space laser tries to melt him gave me a hernia, syphilis and Type 2 diabetes with its awfulness.
Yeah, that movie is hot garbage, but it wasn't very good back in its day either tbh.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
That includes

- Matrix
giphy.gif

The Matrix has aged really well. It's also a 90s movie, not a 2000s movie

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Pirates? Really? Honestly one of the best adventure movies period.

Harry Potter also holds up well considering it was never that great in movie form.

Matrix was iffy when it was released, especially the sequels.

Oct 25, 2017
Watched The Matrix a few weeks ago and it still holds up amazingly well (also it's a 90's movie not 2000's). Can't speak for the other movies as I haven't watched in a while.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minority Report is still one of the best sci-fi films of the past two decades and the visual effects in that movie still look better than many recent blockbusters.

OP, you're trying too hard.

And thematically the first X-men film is still quite relevant and solid. It's got terrible visual effects and some seriously campy dialogue, but there's more emotional depth to X1 & X2 than in most comic book films.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also shocked that the OP didn't bring up Star Wars Episodes 2 or 3 since those movies visually have probably aged the worst out of all the major releases of the 2000s

yPjV8zn.gif

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?

What?!

Good god. I agree this is one of the worst threads I've ever had the misfortune of coming upon.

Even the garbage from that time was golden. The Mummy and National Treasure are classics.

I'm not even going to engage with your ridiculous mention of The Matrix or the original Pirates, two of the greatest movies ever made.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Like NONE of those movies have aged badly lmao. A lot of the more vapid popular movies that nobody remembers, like Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Sum of all Fears, The Mummy, Freddy vs Jason, etc, sure, but classics are classics my dude. And pretty much the same ratio of quality to trash exists today.

It's 1999, but Fight Club has aged terribly. It's like a proto men's rights manifesto now.

Except that's exactly what it's satirizing lol.

The Narrator/Tyler Durden are both terrible people/person. Tyler is a manifestation of the narrator's male power fantasy. The first part of the movie is about how societal standards of gender and sex result in alienated/cynical dudes like the narrator. The second act is a darkly humorous lampooning of dudebro toxic masculinity - fight clubs/boys clubs/frat house culture, etc. The last act is about how that subculture/mentality tends to lead to extremism (as we have seen with the red pill bros). The entire film is about peering into the mind of someone like that. It's like Taxi Driver for a later generation. Both the author and director have condemned the mentality of the narrator. Sad thing is, 20 years later the story has become increasingly relevant.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I thought only the first Pirates and Matrix films were good. Spiderman looks dated and like a Power Rangers movie, but Spiderman 2 was fantastic. And no way to LOTR. I just watched the trilogy and thought how well it holds up.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Awful thread especially since lord of the rings looks better than some current movies and every movie OP listed still is good, weird thread...

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
The mummy always felt like a cheap Indiana Jones movie even back then to me.
LOTR and Matrix are classics.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Aged poorly in what sense?

Mulholland Drive, City if God, 25th Hour, In The Mood For Love, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, Spirited Away, Kill Bill, Y Tu Mama Tambien, The Incredibles, Ubreakable to just mention a few are as a great today as they were a decade ago.

Heck using your examples the Matrix and LOTR are better than most blockbusters we get today.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Lord of the Rings has some shots with some iffy creature CGI nowadays but overall they still work really well, probably because so much of it is a combination of some really good physical props & shit and CGI, not just one or the other.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Threads like this is why we need a hide thread feature. Saw this garbage this morning and I'm blown away it's gotten this many pages and still in my line of sight. I hate you all.