• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
lmao ok now you're just being silly about it

All I'm saying is there's a middle ground between "doing nothing with someone" and "pushing them straight to the top". It's not an all or nothing thing.
Giving someone a spot on your 5/6 match show every few months is not pushing someone to the top, especially when for the past 3 years NXT has become a revolving door of "the next indy guy we signed gets a title run"

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Giving someone a spot on your 5/6 match show every few months is not pushing someone to the top, especially when for the past 3 years NXT has become a revolving door of "the next indy guy we signed gets a title run"
You seemed to have taken personal offense to them not pushing this one guy. It's not like NXT is hurting for stars at the moment.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

And not giving them that spot isn't "doing nothing with them"

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
me: they signed Keith Lee when he was red hot and didn't capitalize on it, he's just a guy in NXT

you: oh so you're mad that they aren't pushing this one guy?

tenor.gif

just sayin' folks

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Presumably it was the rich dudes idea. I certainly wouldn't say no if I were Cody. TBF they've done all right putting together a roster so far in spite of WWE's talent hoarding (doesn't mean they'll succeed of course).
Like how many more guys are out there to get when you can't get any WWE guys or any NJPW guys

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Gargano is probably winning since this was probably gonna be the same result if Ciampa was able to. But could surprise us. Gargano may be called up instead. Hope he doesn't get 205'd

Belair is probably winning. Think the other two may become a Tag Team? Shayna gonna be called up after Ronda leaves. (I hope for Shayna vs Becky/Charlotte at summerslam or something. Hopefully Shayna beats nia and Tamina in a squash match)

War Raiders winning obviously. Ricochet and Black are main roster dudes now

Either one is fine for NAC

Walter is probably winning
I think Shirai or Sane is winning the title. It seems pretty obvious people are hankering for a Shirai/Sane feud on NXT soonish. And Bianca's momentum has almost completely stalled out. Not to mention she's still pretty green in some aspects. Not to mention if they stick with the five match formula at NXT Takeover: San Jose, then there likely won't be an NXT Women's Title match if the Women's Tag Titles are defended. I can see Kairi or Io entering the match as the NXT Women's Champion if so.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Shirai or Sane is winning the title. It seems pretty obvious people are hankering for a Shirai/Sane feud on NXT soonish. And Bianca's momentum has almost completely stalled out. Not to mention she's still pretty green in some aspects. Not to mention if they stick with the five match formula at NXT Takeover: San Jose, then there likely won't be an NXT Women's Title match if the Women's Tag Titles are defended. I can see Kairi or Io entering the match as the NXT Women's Champion if so.
Read the signs: they're calling Kairi up dude

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Black & Ricochet are gonna enter the Raw after mania as the NXT/Raw/Smackdown tag team champions.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
We have the full card for Takeover New York.

- Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano 2 out of 3 Falls for the NXT Championship

- Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane vs. Bianca Belair vs. Shayna Baszler for the NXT Women's Championship

- War Raiders vs. Ricochet and Aleister Black for the NXT Tag Team Championships

- Matt Riddle vs. Velveteen Dream for the NXT North American Championship

- Pete Dunne vs. WALTER for the WWE UK Championship

Yeah, that'll do.

Holy shit, awesome card.

So did they end up stripping Ciampa of the title due to injury?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Tenille Dashwood could soon become a free agent as her Ring of Honor contract expires at the end of the month.

Sources close to the situation tell us Tenille is currently in negotiations with Ring of Honor to potentially ink a new contract, but as of this week nothing has been signed. That means her upcoming appearances in Las Vegas could be her last with the company.

Dashwood signed on to join the Women of Honor in February 2018.

We're told Tenille — formerly known as Emma in WWE — started in-ring training recently to prepare for her return after undergoing shoulder surgery months back. If she re-signs with ROH, we're told Dashwood's in-ring return could take place at G1 Supercard.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/tenille-dashwood-roh-contract/#.XInGMRNKi8V

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Coward STARDOM not bringing Sumire Natsu to America but wisely leaving the children at home, smart

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

I'm not familiar with Ashley Vox, but I like this graphic

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Miz's dad should turn (is it really a turn?) and join Shane.

Shane finally gets the love and appreciation from a father figure in his life. Vince tries to kill Miz dad before Shane saves his life. Vince wants his son back. Shane wants his real father to care about him as much as his surrogate. Miz wants his dad to love him like he loves shane. Miz dad just wishes he could go back home.

The will suspend Miz's dad above the ring in a ladder match. First person to do a sick jump off the ladder and kill themselves wins. A stipulation set by the dastardly Shane, his advantage. Vince spends the entire match trying to prevent shane from jumping and miz has to work up the courage to do a sick flip to win his dad's indie heart back from shane.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

yoooo these are great. Okada's deadpan response to asking what performing at MSG means to you "why do people care about MSG? what's happened there?" also he changed his pants because there was too much backlash and he's happy people are still talking about his WK entrance. legend.

Ospreay and Tana are more respectful to the building and its history with pro wrestling. Tana in particular is really interesting. He says he's going to be retiring the high fly flow to protect his knees. But he remembers that Fujinami first performed the dragon suplex at MSG, so perhaps he will have a new move to debut at MSG as well?

Really hoping Tana gets a high profile singles match.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Becky called the audience "lads" yesterday and I was weirded out because she doesn't normally say that but then I realized I don't have a clue what she actually talks like and only know what the script says she talks like.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017

Natsu managing to break all 4 other members of Oedo Tai at once. Truly the greatest comedy wrestler of this or any generation.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who was ever a big deal on the indies has been shot immediately into programs

Anyone who appeared in the crowd at a Takeover has become a big part of NXT going forward

Why is Keith Lee the one exception to this? To the point where he has never appeared on a Takeover since being in the crowd?

I've said before that Keith Lee could be champion and it wouldn't get me to start watching NXT, but as someone who followed him before signing it's a load of shit that they've done nothing with him

Even his NXT theme is trash. He is one of the most charismatic indie stars they have signed and he is being wasted.

Also, enjoy Pagano botches:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
For those with subscriptions to Wrestling Observer there is an incredible podcast with Dave, Garrett and Mike Tenay from March 10th about Dick Beyer aka The Destroyer.

Just an incredible conversation. Can't recommend it enough

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Lol at trying to justify WWE signing every indie star with a pulse as anything other than denying talent to other organizations

Lol

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
so uh, just went to check on that IPW NYC show and......apparently they've still announced nothing for it? Less than a month away lads
I still can't believe that show is happening
yooooooooooooooooooo that cutter
Jeez Chelsea Green broke her wrist in her first NXT match at Full Sail.
Well at least she didn't debut and lose a push

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer says that Gargano's call-up status right now is "uncertain"

Also says Kairi is "on the list" to be called up. Now based off prior knowledge of people being "on the list", that doesn't necessarily mean she's coming up right now, but definitely within the next six months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.