• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not familiar with Ashley Vox, but I like this graphic

I don't know if she has a different gimmick as a singles worker but she's in a very FnP tag called Team Sea Stars

D0g9UT4WkAAQyCN.jpg
Ashley Vox is a lot of fun. She's wrestled a few times in SHINE, and she has a finger fish hook in the mouth during a submission attempt gimmick.
nwpGQHbR_400x400.jpg

She's also openly, proudly queer.
Z6Izc5sz_400x400.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From the Observer:

Tickets for the 7/6 NJPW G-1 opening day in Dallas, TX went on sale on 3/13. They didn't do a presale and first day sales were just over 1,600 tickets, which is a real momentum killer in this country. Since it's a new market rather than a fourth time in the Los Angeles market, basically it is a sign that the American/Canadian talent losses have hurt the company's marketability in this country.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
and then AEW is probably gonna sell out a show in fucking Jacksonville a week later

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
It's hard to get a gague on how the UK show is doing, hope someone runs the numbers on that soon.

It's a rev Pro spot show in a new town, and lolRevProWomen but this could be good

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Updating for this weekend's indie carny malarkey.

Evolve 123, March 15, Melrose, MA (live on Club WWN and Fite.tv)
-Non-title match: Velveteen Dream vs. Orange Cassidy
-Tag Team War: The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) vs. 2 of The Unwanted (Eddie Kingston, Shane Strickland, Joe Gacy & Colby Corino)
-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) vs. John Silver
-Josh Briggs vs. Darby Allin
-JD Drake & Anthony Henry vs. AR Fox & Leon Ruff w/Ayla Fox & The Skulk
-Rory Gulak, Curt Stallion, Harlem Bravado, and Priscilla Kelly are also booked.

ROH 17th Anniversary, March 15, Las Vegas, NV (live on Fite.tv)
-ROH WOrld Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Taven
-ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Briscoes (c) vs. Villain Enterprises (PCO & Brody King)
-WOH World Championship match: Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Kelly Klein
-ROH World Television Championship match: Jeff Cobb (c) vs. Shane Taylor
-Rush vs. Bandido
-Kenny King vs. Marty Scurll

Shine 57, March 16, Queens, NY (live on Club WWN and Fite.tv)
-Shine Championship match: Allysin Kay (c) vs. Mercedes Martinez
-If any member of the Cutie Pie Club pins any member of #TeamSPAM they win the SHINE Nova Championship – If the Cutie Pie Club loses they must break up & Candy Cartwright must leave SHINE for 90 days: #TeamSPAM (Aja Perera (Shine Nova Champion) & Aerial Monroe) w/Ayla Fox vs. The Cutie Pie Club (Kiera Hogan & Dementia D'Rose) w/Candy Cartwright
-Shine Tag Team Championship match: Rainbow Bright (Luscious Latasha & Gabby Gilbert) vs. Twisted Sisterz (Holidead & Thunder Rosa)
-Ivelisse vs. Shotzi Blackheart
-Su Yung vs. Brandi Lauren
-Priscilla Kelly vs. Stormie Lee
-Allie Recks vs. Riley Shepard

Evolve 124, March 16, Queens, NY (live on Club WWN and Fite.tv)
-Velveteen Dream & Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) vs. Eddie Kingston, Shane Strickland & Joe Gacy w/Colby Corino
-Non-title match: JD Drake vs. Austin Theory
-Darby Allin vs. Anthony Henry
-AR Fox w/Ayla Fox & The Skulk vs. Josh Briggs
-Leon Ruff vs. Curt Stallion
-Harlem Bravado vs. John Silver

AAW: Hell Hath No Fury, March 16, Chicago, IL
-AAW Heavyweight Championship match: Sami Callihan (c) vs. Jake Something
-AAW Women's Championship match: Kylie Rae (c) vs. Jessicka Havok
-Jimmy Jacobs vs. Mance Warner
-Eddie Edwards vs. Fred Yehi
-Fight for the Future: Donovan Danhusen, Pat Momix, Lotus,

Hoodslam Presents Stoner U & Big Bad Wrestling Present *NSYNC, March 15, Oakland, CA (live on www.twitch.tv/hoodslam)

Chikara Young Lions Cup XV, March 16 and 17, Philadelphia, PA (live on IndependentWrestling.TV and Chikaratopia?)
March 16:
-Mr. Touchdown vs. Chris Dickinson
-Lucas Calhoun vs. Volgar
-Young Lions Cup participants: Dasher Hatfield, Jaden Valo, Jay Sorbet, Blanche Babbish, Green Ant, Brayden Lee, Allie Kat, Ricky South, Davienne, Cam Carter, Still Life, DL Hurst, Air Wolf, Jaden Newman, Thief Ant, Frantik,

March 17:
-Missile Assault Man vs. Rory Gulak
-The Colony vs. Creatures of the Deep

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
There's always the potential that people are done buying tickets for New Japan blind. There's the potential for a bump once the G1 Blocks are announced

But yeah, not good start

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's always the potential that people are done buying tickets for New Japan blind. There's the potential for a bump once the G1 Blocks are announced

But yeah, not good start

The problem is that NJPW is pretty much completely opposed to announcing cards way in advance and they can't sell a show like this without travel, which requires you to sell way in advance.

If anything was going to sell without a card, it would be G1 because of the promise of important high-level names and matches. If that didn't do it, nothing will.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also take into account they are running their biggest building yet, but also charging near-WWE level prices, which is just too much to ask. It's the same reason I skipped the Long Beach show in September.

They are overplaying their hand very badly

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that NJPW is pretty much completely opposed to announcing cards way in advance and they can't sell a show like this without travel, which requires you to sell way in advance.

If anything was going to sell without a card, it would be G1 because of the promise of important high-level names and matches. If that didn't do it, nothing will.

Seems pretty clear to me that they need to announce a top match or two for the US market and who's scheduled to be on the show, even if that's subject to change.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It's hard to get a gauge on how the UK show is doing, hope someone runs the numbers on that soon.
Also from the Observer:

The 8/31 show at the Cooper Box Arena in London sold 4,500 tickets for the pre-sale (the place will be set up for about 7,500) and they were holding a lot of tickets back for the public sale which starts on 3/14. Ospreay was the first name announced and Ibushi should be announced imminently. It's going to be a major show with most of the top stars, including a major star who has been out of action for a long time is expected back. I don't know the identity but it's been expected for a long time that Hiromu Takahashi would be back at some point around mid-year. The hoped for plan is with a good showing here, it will lead to a several city tour of the U.K. in 2020.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This New Japan Pro Wrestling US expansion is going about as well as the last time the Japanese tried to invade the US, Maggle!

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I dont think it is just the Elite guys leaving. NJPW was a mixed bag for the last year and Omega's run was meh.

Theyll pull it back eventually. Just get bacl to basics.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

ehh of course. but if they actually, you know... announced some fucking matches things might be different. if they do tanahashi vs okada at that show I think they'll be fine.

For reference, last year's G1 night 1 had Tanahashi vs Suzuki and Switchblade vs Okada. B-block day 1 was Omega vs Naito and Ibushi vs ZSJ. They tend to stack those first nights of the G1, so here's hoping they do the same this year.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NJPW US sales info really makes me appreciate AEW's strategy more. AEW is clearly a hotter brand in the US, but they are not trying to fill major arenas. It's better to sell out smaller venues now, even if that means losing ticket sales. Given AEW is still in its infancy, it really needs to avoid news questioning whether it is a viable product.

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017

Completely forgot this was a thing planned. I remember them filming a segment at Shug's last year.

Also, I swear at this rate every ICW wrestler is gonna end up on BBC airtime without the actual promotion bring broadcast.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe the strategy of running underwhelming shows in the same market 4 times didn't pay off for New Japan

When ticket sales for the last two were weak, this was a sign that they needed a bigger venue in a less obvious wrestling town

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
The NJPW US sales info really makes me appreciate AEW's strategy more. AEW is clearly a hotter brand in the US, but they are not trying to fill major arenas. It's better to sell out smaller venues now, even if that means losing ticket sales. Given AEW is still in its infancy, it really needs to avoid news questioning whether it is a viable product.

Chris Harrington was really a fantastic get for AEW on that front. They've got everything mapped out and Plan A/B/C/D depending on how things go.

If they listen to him they're not going to make many missteps business-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.