• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Remembering WCW

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

Ehh I like it, I liked the answer message if that's what you were referring to, might have gone a little hard on it but I generally liked it
I enjoyed it in NJPW because he was basically the "you see what happens Larry???" scene from Big Lebowski

He just seems like a podcast dork in AEW so far even if it's coming from the same place

Gonna laugh if the 5 names are just the 5 euro folks cycling around the weekend anyways. CCK, Aussie Open, etc

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Lance Archer is Lance Hoyt? Oh fuck yeah.

I knew he looked familiar. The name changes but the mark inside never forgets.

Hoyt! Hoyt! Hoyt! Hoyt!

Oct 25, 2017
You guys can’t possibly believe NJPW didn’t sell well because of a lack of Kenny Omega and not because wrestling isn’t that popular and trying to sell 20K seat arenas in the middle of Texas when there is nothing else going on is a bad idea

Oct 27, 2017
You guys can’t possibly believe NJPW didn’t sell well because of a lack of Kenny Omega and not because wrestling isn’t that popular and trying to sell 20K seat arenas in the middle of Texas when there is nothing else going on is a bad idea
You're really going to say this when The Bucks, Omega and Cody just recently sold over 10k again?

I absolutely believe The Elite would have made a difference. How much, I'm not sure but fucking better than this probably.

Oct 26, 2017
Two big lucha shows this weekend:

First,
CMLL with Homenaje a 2 Leyendas: Salvador Lutteroth & Blue Demon.
Friday, 8:30 pm CST. Live via YT Luchablog lamp.
Main event bet tag match (hair vs hair):
Niebla Roja & Ángel de Oro (Chavez brothers) vs El Terrible & La Bestia del Ring (Los Ingobernables).
Semi-final CMLL Trios Title match:
Último Guerrero, Euforia & Gran Guerrero (Guerreros Laguneros) [champions] vs Carístico, Volador Jr. Y Dragon Lee.
Special rudos vs rudos matchs (heels vs heels):
Sansón, Cuatrero & Forastero (Nueva Generación Dinamita) vs Gilbert El Boricua, Negro Casas & Cavernario.
Third match:
Diamante Azul, Soberano & Titán vs Mephisto, Templario & Ephesto.
Second match with the microstars:
Microman, El Gallito & Átomo vs Chamuel, Mije & Perico Zakarías.
First match:
Tritón, Esfinge & El Audaz vs Vangellys, Hijo Del Villano III & Pólvora.

Second,
AAA Rey de Reyes 2019.
Saturday, 8:00 pm CST. Live and Free via Twitch (English and Spanish streams).
Main event for the AAA tag Titles:
Los Mercenarios (Texano Jr. and Rey Escorpión) (c) vs. Lucha Brothers (Fénix and Pentagón Jr.).
Semi-final cage trios match:
Las Fresas Salvajes (Mamba & Máximo) & Psycho Clown vs. Jeff Jarrett, Killer Kross & La Máscara.
Rey de Reyes 2019 Tournament:
Laredo Kid vs. El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Jack Evans vs. Sammy Guevara vs. Australian Suicide vs. Taurus vs. Golden Magic vs. Aero Star vs. Myzteziz Jr.
Fourth match:
Los Perros del Mal (Daga, Joe Líder & Taya) vs. El Nuevo Poder del Norte (Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr. & Tito Santana).
Third match:
Drago, Pagano & Puma King vs. Los OGT's (Averno, Chessman & Super Fly).
Four-way Street Fight for the Reina de Reinas (womens) Title:
Lady Shani (c) vs. Keyra vs. La Hiedra vs. Chik Tormenta.
Mixed Tag Title match:
Niño Hamburguesa & Big Mami (c) vs. Villano III Jr. & Lady Maravilla.
*Cody Rhodes makes an announcement.
**AAA card is always subject to change.

Both events should be decent. AAA should have the best matches. The Mixed Tag, Reina de Reinas, Tag Title and Rey de Reyes should be amazing matches.

Oct 26, 2017
NJPW low tickets sales in the USA is not a single issue, but a combination of many factors:
The most obvious one being the departure of The Elite (you can see how bad it has affected RoH when they used to sell around 1k+ for their small events and now they can hardly break 500).
Then we have:
  • Really expensive tickets, almost like a WWE PPV. Compared to DoN it is really expensive.
  • NJPW fans being burned thanks to the amount of shows and lacking cards. NJPW fans are probably taking a wait and see approach because of the way how NJPW announces their cards (basically we are not going to know about this card until July).
  • The hype for NJPW is a bit lower with all the departures and changes they had to make. Then, the new wrestlers they have hired are not going to help their USA expansion.
  • Their USA expansion strategy has been a mess. NJPW fans (not to be confused with The Elite /exBC fans) wanted the Japanese experience, not this mixes of RoH-NJPW shows. In paper, this should be that card, but by now no one is completely sure.

Oct 25, 2017
NJPW low tickets sales in the USA is not a single issue, but a combination of many factors:
The most obvious one being the departure of The Elite (you can see how bad it has affected RoH when they used to sell around 1k+ for their small events and now they can hardly break 500).
Then we have:
  • Really expensive tickets, almost like a WWE PPV. Compared to DoN it is really expensive.
  • NJPW fans being burned thanks to the amount of shows and lacking cards. NJPW fans are probably taking a wait and see approach because of the way how NJPW announces their cards (basically we are not going to know about this card until July).
  • The hype for NJPW is a bit lower with all the departures and changes they had to make. Then, the new wrestlers they have hired are not going to help their USA expansion.
  • Their USA expansion strategy has been a mess. NJPW fans (not to be confused with The Elite /exBC fans) wanted the Japanese experience, not this mixes of RoH-NJPW shows. In paper, this should be that card, but by now no one is completely sure.
Agreed completely

Only the casual fans thought the Elite all leaving at once would have no noticeable effect (and I don't feel bad for New Japan or ROH regarding it especially when they both had time to prepare for such a situation), and it was obviously going to be a big deal

But any one of these problems was going to be noticeable, all of them at once (plus coming off a visa situation they could have handled the aftermath of better)? Even a G1 show here wasn't going to be enough to overcome all that

AEW has a lot more leverage now in any planned negotiations for a partnership eventually. New Japan and the diehards who wanted to believe everything would be fine pre-and-post-giving Kenny the belt and then watching him leave altogether may not have wanted to acknowledge it at first, but it's getting harder to ignore

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted NJPW to ditch ROH for AEW the second the rumors of the Elite starting their own promotion surfaced. Hopefully it's just the issue of waiting out the joint events and not NJPW feeling some kind of displaced loyalty to ROH. ROH has benefitted way more from the partnership overall.

Oct 25, 2017
You're really going to say this when The Bucks, Omega and Cody just recently sold over 10k again?

I absolutely believe The Elite would have made a difference. How much, I'm not sure but fucking better than this probably.
Yes, actually. You're crazy if you think Kenny Omega is a 20,000 seat draw if AEW were running a show in Dallas in the middle of July.

Wrestling isn't popular.

Oct 25, 2017

Natsu managing to break all 4 other members of Oedo Tai at once. Truly the greatest comedy wrestler of this or any generation.
No idea how Natsu got through that promo without laughing, that and the post-match promo were amazing. Hazuki has Natsuko beat in the worst corpser in Stardom standings.

Oct 25, 2017

THAt show was built on so much damn hype it’s not a direct comparison

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, actually. You're crazy if you think Kenny Omega is a 20,000 seat draw if AEW were running a show in Dallas in the middle of July.

Wrestling isn't popular.
I don't know whether they could do All in or DON numbers (probably not, AEW won't even be doing those numbers once they start on a more regular schedule but I've learned not to downplay them at this point) for that but The Elite are a proven indie draw at this point.

They are popular and would have made a noticeable impact.

Oct 25, 2017
Again, didn't say they could do All In numbers but The Elite are a proven indie draw at this point.

They are popular.
Nobody said they aren't popular but they're not sell out a 20K arena by themselves. People are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment if they believe AEW is going to reignite the Monday Night Wars or something. Wrestling isn't popular and there's like a billion different options for things to watch on TV and why would almost anyone watch wrestling.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody said they aren't popular but they're not sell out a 20K arena by themselves draw like people around ye old interwebs are implying. People are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment if they believe AEW is going to reignite the Monday Night Wars or something.
Yeah, I've seen people doing that but they need to remember even Cody and The Bucks themselves have said they're not direct competition.

They want to be an alternative and if they hold true to that, they'll be looking to carve out their own niche, get a smaller fanbase hopefully looking for something different.

Basically do what TNA didn't and should have.

Oct 27, 2017
Was there really a rumor going around long ago that James Storm really turn down a deal at some point with the WWE becuase TNA promised him another tag title run?

Because that sound almost too dumb to believe.

Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer on the Rousey shoot shit:
There was a notable change in the interview style, with interviews more based on reality than scripted soliloquies that nobody in real life would say. It was a refreshing change, coming off the reality-based twitter stuff with Lynch and Rousey and others have since copied because the company believes it’s been a huge success in the sense people actually buy Rousey being an enemy of the state based on her saying wrestling is a scripted world.
literally Russo logic. 100% brock is gonna call wrestling fake in a promo going into mania. 100000%

Oct 25, 2017
Was there really a rumor going around long ago that James Storm really turn down a deal at some point with the WWE becuase TNA promised him another tag title run?

Because that sound almost too dumb to believe.
What happened was TNA gave him a better deal, Storm told HHH the situation, HHH told him to take the TNA deal because it was more money for less time and closer to family, and it would have been nuts to turn that down especially when he said he wanted another kid