• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
When you find out Mania could be 7 HOURS this year.

931830.gif
Was it not 7 hours or some shit these past couple of years?

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how well received everyone in Ronda's first match was compared to now when everyone in that match has lost a ton of shine.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he looks like he's in pain just walking.

The fact they have him jobbing out to jabronis on Raw is criminal. He should be wrestling like twice a year and for big angles (no pun intended).
Yeah, and I worry about him because he was a pain pill guy.

I still think they're going to want to have Cena answer an open challenge like his first match, either at WM or the episode before. I hope it isn't anything long either way.

And as for the other people in that match HHH looked slow and old and that was before he was majorly hurt wrestling in Mordor. Ronda just really couldn't build on that debut either. I'm not sure how she even would. They should have probably done the heel turn way earlier.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can judge the overstuffed nature of the WWE roster by counting the number of workers that if cut, wouldn't get a contract at AEW.

There'd be 30-40, surely?

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can judge the overstuffed nature of the WWE roster by counting the number of workers that if cut, wouldn't get a contract at AEW.

There'd be 30-40, surely?
I thought it's because the guarantee they give you is way lower than what you get if you are on house shows and TV so they can afford to pay a ton of people to sit around

But there's not a lot of people who don't ever make TV that I would think AEW would want. The guys I would think they'd really want are underutilized guys like Rusev but he's also on TV all of the time.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Becky Lynch with the heel turn smh

I have to admit it's hilarious Ronda is cutting the shoot promos on social media and Becky is inexplicably keeping kayfabe alive on mainstream media.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So the final four of the New Japan Cup is Ishii/Okada and Tanahashi/Sanada. Was kind of pulling for ZSJ to make the finals, but that's not a bad final four. Wonder if they go Okada/Tanahashi for the finals to give Okada a win over Tanahashi again before MSJ or if they just decide to go out of left field and let Ishii the whole cup.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Looks like it will be Ibushi vs Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Title at MSG. Hopefully it won't be a head bump massacre this time.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Question time!

What's your favorite match you've seen in person?
Hard to pick, these all come to mind for totally different reasons:

Mizuki & Yuka Sakazki vs Shoko Nakajima & Riho from TJPW this year.
Miyako Matsumoto vs Matsuya Uno vs Chon Shiryu from last year's Ribbonmania.
Jun Kasai vs Koju Takeda from Okkon Mat Pro Wrestling at New Year's day at 2 am in a bar with 40 people.
Schadenfreude vs Lucha Bros & Rey Horus from 16 Carat Gold this month.
Rickey Shane Page vs Masashi Takeda vs Jimmy Havoc vs Drew Parker Death House match from FCP Project Tokyo.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
But being live for Gargano/Ciampa I in NOLA last year was a hell of an experience as well. Just the most hated heel and the most beloved babyface. It was a dynamic you just can't get often anymore.

And boy wasn't it great how they stuck to that and played it out properly without any unnecessary heel turns?!

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Next on the list: Elgin formally blacklisted after Kobashi realizes he's been using the Burning Hammer

please god

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Question time!

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn, Takeover Dallas. Just an incredible match, especially in hindsight with it being Nakamura's last match that he tried in. The crowd for this match was just insane, electricity was in the air and it was honestly at least twice as loud as it came off on TV. Me and my gf had nosebleed seats, but our seats were taken by a camera and we got moved up to second row ringside! An unforgettable experience, more than made up for the Mania show a few days later...

Matt Hardy vs Edge, steel cage at Unforgiven 2005. I was a big Hardys mark as a kid, and actually preferred Matt even then, and I HATED Edge, so it was a great childhood memory to see Matt finally get his revenge on Edge and Lita for my first live wrestling show.

Last edited:

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Question time!

This is really tough

I think I can fave five it though

Osprey Vs Havoc - pure emotion and story
Thatcher Vs WALTER - brutality
Ibushi & Ihashi Vs Havoc & Cara Noir - the most transcendent wrestling experience I've had
Ishii Vs Hero - I was not expecting a PWG main event and I got one
PAC Vs AJ Styles - the first time I saw a match live and thought "this is really special", don't know if it holds up!

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Marcel Barthel still doing the Ringkampf pose, even though WALTER is still doing it as well. I wouldn't mind WALTER being added to this Barthel and Aichner group as a knockoff Ringkampf.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Marcel Barthel still doing the Ringkampf pose, even though WALTER is still doing it as well. I wouldn't mind WALTER being added to this Barthel and Aichner group as a knockoff Ringkampf.

I could imagine a large portion of the roster banding together to take out WALTER after he becomes an unstoppable Champion so he recruits Barthel and Aichner to take care of them like a boss. Barthel and Aichner can take the tag titles during this time.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going from Ciampa/Gargano to fucking Adam Cole/Gargano feels a like a cruel joke for the money I spent on NXT tickets. God damnit. Anyone else. ANYONE ELSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.