• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
96 Quite Bitter Beings and the pink lights before the show for Trav 😭😭😭

DNR promo was good until it got too into worked shooty we're really friends stuff when Eddie came out. Ediie is hurt, so it's DNR vs Haskins, Havoc, Andrews and Eddie's replacement El Ligero in a No DQ match at SSS16. Ligero speaks for the first time in PROGRESS, and promises he's not just bringing his chair, he's "bringing [his] fucking jeans!"

"Fuck Sinclair" chant after David Starr's intro. This was a good match, and the crowd really got into it down the stretch when it got divey and then stiff. Starr hits Conor Mills with the arm trapped piledriver to qualify for SSS16

Second match women's match time! In the nicest possible way, Kasey is not someone I ever imagined seeing in the Ballroom. Cheering Nina Samuels always gets me as well haha. This is usually where I write my monthly "How Do You Solve a Problem Like the PROGRESS Women's Division" essay, but honestly there wasn't much to go on for this one. This match would have been fine in front of a women's wrestling show crowd but do the best match in the world in front of a quiet crowd and it'd suck, and this was just fine. Nina beats Kasey with an ushigoroshi, and the crowd got into Nina showing off her power to get Kasey up for the finish at least.

OG CCK VS LAX WOOP I haven't actually got round to seeing any of their other matches yet haha. Gresham out first with the staple gun and the ROH hat to get back into their good graces after Jordynne was blasting them on Twitter earlier haha. SHIT LOAD of antics to kick things off, starting to remind me of the Aussie Open/CCK disaster match. From 06 to 19, suplex Joel getting massive pops despite being the ref. Skip till Joel does a roll. First big MOVEZ spot Gresh overshoots a pop up rana and they go down. Honestly it took a good while to get going after that, and by that point it kind of lingered between spots in the quiet. The workratey bits they did were very good like, but 🤷‍♂️ there wasn't enough substance and they didn't get into a good rythm until the last 5 or 10. Gresh gets Ortiz into a figure 4, rolls all the way out of the ring, through a bunch of rows of chairs and wins by count out. Stone Cold Not A Fan .gif

Post match, LAX challenge Gresh, Brookes and Lykos to a six-man vs Ortiz Santana and question mark at some point. So maybe this was intentionally disappointing? 🤷‍♂️

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says there is talk that they might move Smackdown to three hours when it goes to Fox. The first two hours would be on Fox and the third would be on FS1.

He says it's not close to a done deal or anything, but it's more than just speculation. It is being talked about.

He says it could lead to them getting up to $50 million more per year from Fox.

Bring back Talking Smack you cowards. Have Shannon Sharpe on there, fuck it

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Dave says there is talk that they might move Smackdown to three hours when it goes to Fox. The first two hours would be on Fox and the third would be on FS1.

He says it's not close to a done deal or anything, but it's more than just speculation. It is being talked about.

They should take their ppvs off the network and sell them to espn+ for $300m too

Take 12 random house shows and plop a name on them like they did with starrcade, pretend they are ppvs and keep those on the network. Plus Saudi blood money shows of course.

The fucking marks would probably keep paying $10 a month to watch

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

cN62Cpc.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kenny eats a loss against a commentator and Micheal is about job to an Esports guy again.

New Golden Lovers are off to a great start.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Shiki's retirement speech was the hardest I've ever listened to because she focused on how clumsy she was and made herself out to be a burden on everyone in the company. She was slow to get started but she was really starting to pull it all together last year. Really sad that the shitty fans were too much, the way she spoke really made me feel like it was a case of impostor syndrome. Shiki was committed to training for a year to make her debut (naturals tend to make it in 3 months, 6 is the average) so she generally seemed really dedicated to wrestling and the fact she felt the need to retire and couldn't acknowledge the positives of her drive to improve herself and how far she came was rough.

In contrast Nao's retirement was sweet; she thanked Kagetsu for encouraging her to be a manager because she couldn't cope with the wrestling and thanked all of Oedo Tai for being so supportive.

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, wrestled a match against Lawler a while back as well, although I think he does now consider himself fully retired (famous last words). His wife unfortunately passed away just a few days ago.
This may sound really harsh but I would have never bet in a million years that Terry Funk would outlive his wife. My condolences to him.

Oct 25, 2017

Wouldn't this fall in line with the rumor of NXT going to FS1? Having a show switch midway is just a really bonehead move no network exec would make.

That said I'm convinced WWE front office would punch babies if it meant them getting money.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Shiki Shibusawa has officially retired. It was due to fan harassment. Not injuries apparently. STARDOM uploaded her retirement speech and its one of the saddest things I've seen. You can see her break down into tears and calling herself clumsy.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
new ppv starting time has fucked me big time, im gonna end up missing something on Takeover (and Mania but I dont care about that)

I am not pleased.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Angelico vs TK Cooper was fun, lots of NIWA interference and TK wins with a v nice springboard second rope phoenix splash

Tristan Archer's tagline is "Liberté, Egalité, Decapité" and he has a guillotine on his trunks #JusticeForArms. I was very much in the Lucky Kid fan section. People definitely got behind Lucky tho. Lucky taps out Archer to qualify for SSS16!

Trent comes out for an interview segment, and calls out WALTER for being disrespectful for giving up the Atlas title to go for the World title, and for not being around. I think in a first, PROGRESS turned their champion before the fans did it for them!

PROGRESS running a 1988 show next Ballroom show, 1978 was a lot of fun

YO I GO ON ABOUT THE MAIN EVENT TLC FOR A WHILE IT WAS REALLY FUCKING HYPE, POP WAS NUTS, PROPS BEHAVED. WATCH IT WHEN IT'S OUT
EVERYONE IS IN JEANS. Ospreay just threw Fletcher through two rows of fans who were still in their chairs ROBBO WAS ON OSPREAYS SHOULDERS AND DAVIS KNOCKED HIM OFF WITH A CHAIR OSPREAY HIT THE TIMEBOMB THROUGH AN UPSIDE DOWN OPEN LADDER THIS MATCH ALREADY FUCKING RULES also random thought book Ospreay vs Takeda in a deathmatch please and thank you. A dude didn't move in time so ospreay just tossed Kyle through ANOTHER couple of fans. Bit too long in the crowd setting up some stage spots where lots couldn't see anything but I'm sure that'll be less of a problem on VOD. Ospreay bust open again. DUELLING SHOOT HEADBUTTS ON THE TOP OF A LADDER, Spanish fly, TIMEBOMB OFF A LADDER THROUGH CHAIRS. they've gone back over to the crowd pit where no-one can see SWORDS DOUBLE 450 OFF THE STAGE THROUGH TABLES some other stuff happened DAVIS JUMPING SPINNING PILEDRIVERED ROBBO THROUGH A LADDER OSPREAY FIDGET SPINNERED OFF TWO LADDERS THROUGH A TABLE AUSSIE OPEN WIN

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I expected Lucky to lose, but there's a distinct lack of Big Lads in SSS16 this year.

Also, fuckin Aussies. Boo :(

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The threadmarked post for WrestleMania weekend has been updated again with even more matches, including matches from IPW: UK, believe it or not.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
dying @ meltzer's reaction to bryan reading like 12 geeks in a row for the battle royale

He gradually went more and more off the rails as the episode went on. It was hilarious when they were talking about the MMA fighter who brought her daughter into her post-fight interview. He said something like it's the easiest babyface thing to do in the world, so much so it's unfair. Then that leads to a comment about Cody's dog getting merch and that, somehow, is fair. He was joking but it was still an insane conversation.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I hate to say it but I hope AEW doesn't sign Emma and rumored Summer Rae. I like the current roster they have now with the talent they can bring from TJPW. I just hope the visa issue don't cause them to abandon the DDT/TJPW partnership.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I hate to say it but I hope AEW doesn't sign Emma and rumored Summer Rae. I like the current roster they have now with the talent they can bring from TJPW. I just hope the visa issue don't cause them to abandon the DDT/TJPW partnership.

Summer I could go either way on. Emma wants to be utilized and that was never happening in WWE, that's why she left there and that's why she left ROH. AEW works perfectly for both, and I'm expecting the announcement after Mania weekend

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Mercedes Martinez looks to have been injured towards the end of her tag match at Shimmer 111. Hope she's ok and it's nothing serious. Show's gone off air temporarily whilst they deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.