• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
WCW died, like, 18 years ago.

OOeaTle.gif

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
How is this thread even worse than last month's?

If no one wants to do an April thread I'm volunteering but it might be focused on the big show happening April or the beginning of May.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting this from the other thread because I think it's interesting

Dave mentioned that at one point over the past year, the plan for WM was Ronda vs. Natalya

Ronda's WM opponent over the course of went from Charlotte to Natalya back to Charlotte to Becky and then ultimately now to Becky and Charlotte both.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I was thinking of a thing, want to know people's thoughts on it. Also getting way out ahead to sort out if it's worth doing or if anyone wants to collaborate on it.

I was thinking of doing an OT for all the non-WWE WM Weekend stuff that will be available on FITE or elsewhere (so everything that is streaming). It could be a hub for everything while also kind of having quick breakdowns of each show and promotion so that people who just browse the big OTs and were interested in that weekend could check out some new stuff maybe? Also would give a central place to discuss all that stuff so it's not all contained in the main OT.

Idk, just something I've been thinking about.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I was thinking of a thing, want to know people's thoughts on it. Also getting way out ahead to sort out if it's worth doing or if anyone wants to collaborate on it.

I was thinking of doing an OT for all the non-WWE WM Weekend stuff that will be available on FITE or elsewhere (so everything that is streaming). It could be a hub for everything while also kind of having quick breakdowns of each show and promotion so that people who just browse the big OTs and were interested in that weekend could check out some new stuff maybe? Also would give a central place to discuss all that stuff so it's not all contained in the main OT.

Yeah, I think that most people said last year that it would be good to split the non-WWE WM stuff off into its own thread.

Whenever there was a show happening simultaneously with WWE it just got confusing.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I liked the chaos of last year's single WrestleMania thread.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
These separate threads can sometimes struggle to get traction, but it sounds like a good plan to me with so much going on

Oct 25, 2017

I like this idea. I would imagine that NJPW show specifically is going to get a decent amount of people watching it, so a thread that isn't here would help. Could also help with pointing people to where they could watch the shows.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These separate threads can sometimes struggle to get traction, but it sounds like a good plan to me with so much going on

The main thing that motivates me to do it is the sheer volume of shows this year. It's absurd. And the fact that almost all of them are actually going to be easily available to stream and talk about. So I think there's enough discussion points to sustain a separate thread.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Great thread, WCW was amazing, I miss it.

Well I don't, but I would if wrestling was still a thing I watched and I had to sit through 3 hours of RAW instead of the good old Monday Night Nitro.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Although discussion of the NJPW show while discussion about the Hall of Fame happenens in the same thread would be hilarious

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
E&C podcast today has roddie strong, it's good so far. Next two weeks are the other two members of undisputed.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
What is going in the gif from the OP? Tony Schiavone looks rather upset by something that just happened.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Don't know what triggered me more from that match

1) HHH going over Sting either because Vince didn't want to portray WCW as stronger than the WWE or for HHH personal ego.
2) Sting siding with the NWO.
3) Hogan siding with WCW over WWE

OP
OP
Zach

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
What is going in the gif from the OP? Tony Schiavone looks rather upset by something that just happened.
nWo music hit. Specifically, I think it was Hogan's music. Although it's edited on the Network. >_>

So let's go ahead and listen to his Top Tier wrassle theme:

Some say it's only bested by "Simply Ravishing."

OP
OP
Zach

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the OP that matters. It's the journey to the next |OT| that matters.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Mayu vs Konami for the WOH Title was great. It was cool that they flew Todd Sinclair in to ref the match. Mayu was super cocky at the start until Konami tried to break her leg for the next 10 minutes. Then Mayu basically killed herself to win of course.

Thank STARS for Based Tam, Friend of the Year, filling in for Mayu's legs.

0aX0FQw.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
PWG 200 is tonight:

D0kaWInV4AAj-s5.jpg:large

PWG6-e1551229458235.jpg

PWG World Championship: Jeff Cobb (c) vs Bandido

PWG5-e1551229442344.jpg

PWG Tag Team Championships: The Rascalz (c) (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) vs LAX (Santana & Ortiz) vs The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix)

PWG4-e1551229429441.jpg

Jonathan Gresham vs David Starr

PWG3-e1551229415419.jpg

Darby Allin vs Brody King

PWG8-e1551231892251.jpg

Trey Miguel vs. Jungle Boy vs. Jake Atlas

PWG7-e1551231874815.jpg

Laredo Kid vs Puma King

PWG1-e1551229394125.jpg

Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) vs Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta)

PWG 200 is tonight:

PWG6-e1551229458235.jpg

PWG World Championship: Jeff Cobb (c) vs Bandido

PWG5-e1551229442344.jpg

PWG Tag Team Championships: The Rascalz (c) (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) vs LAX (Santana & Ortiz) vs The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix)

PWG4-e1551229429441.jpg

Jonathan Gresham vs David Starr

PWG3-e1551229415419.jpg

Darby Allin vs Brody King

PWG8-e1551231892251.jpg

Trey Miguel vs. Jungle Boy vs. Jake Atlas

PWG7-e1551231874815.jpg

Laredo Kid vs Puma King

PWG1-e1551229394125.jpg

Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) vs Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent Baretta)
Laredo v puma steals this easy.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Willow Nightingale broke her neck. Surgery was successful but that's aweful. I didn't go to the Rhode Island beyond show, but it ... makes sense if it happeend in that match, which is too bad. I like Chris Dickinson but I've always thought he wrestles stiff especially against women... It makes his matches super believable and his women opponent go over like nuts in them, but I remember when Pazuzu took on PAWG ~2 years ago at Americanrana and I thought Dickinson was going to kill Jordynn Grace.

WIllow is one of the most likeable indie wrestlers, wicked nice.

There were these great photos from Treasure Hunt, and I wasn't sure if there was more behind them, because her expression is so out of character. Looks like at WWR shortly after she announced her injury.

Solo Darling is selling t-shirts in support which are awesome:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I forgot Aussie Open was on that show, good shit

Also forgot Trey Miguel was on, fucking yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.