• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend is no longer able to attend the Mania weekend DDT show with me so does anyone want to buy his ticket? The seat is section A, second row, right in the middle. Face value is $75; I'll take $50 or whatever you can offer.

Also, let me know if you are attending DDT by yourself and are interested in moving into that seat. If I don't sell the ticket before the show, I'd be more than happy to have someone from this thread come sit next to me for no cost.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
excel goes to summerslam and takeover only for team choke to all do the job

Who even knows where Shayna and TUE and so forth will even be by Summerslam

I have to imagine TUE comes up after Mania unless they plan a long term Cole run on top

Which probably means if Cole is on top as NXt champ... he probably loses it at TakeOver TO lol

That'd be fitting for me. Wouldn't it

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fale might be in the running for all time bad wrestler with a consistent spot in a promotion.

Just horrible, constantly regressing, terrible gear, lazy, "two bump general" gimmick.

Get him OUTTA here (not gonna happen I know)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Fale might be in the running for all time bad wrestler with a consistent spot in a promotion.

Just horrible, constantly regressing, terrible gear, lazy, "two bump general" gimmick.

Get him OUTTA here (not gonna happen I know)
Every big promotion needs that one big guy that can't move all that much.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Does the crowd still seem hot on Becky?

Haven't watched in weeks but it kind of sounds like that angle is becoming a mess.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
1474894CEB.jpg
This is actually pretty cool. Hounds are a bit OTT but I like the triangle and, the Sieral Hotel... etc.. thing and the individual logos within the SHield logo on the back

The beard as roots is cool

A rare not full on win for an Kevin Owens shirt

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Haven't watched in weeks but it kind of sounds like that angle is becoming a mess.

They aren't. They've taken away anything organic about it and have too many cooks in the kitchen. On another note, the shitty "the man" baby signs they hand out to the crowd completely kill it form me.

IMAGINE if they had Stone Cold, who is at odds with his boss and the company, would somehow have shitty little company made 3:16 signs in the crowd?

It also doesn't help that they're fucking with Kofi like they are with Becky, so there's oversaturation of the same shit booking.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017

I'm still excited to see Becky get her moment but at this point I'm trying my hardest to just ignore the build because everything I watched was awful and even after I stopped watching, everything I've read sounds awful. But Becky has already survived years of bad booking and has stayed over through it all, so I don't think it'll have much of an effect on her popularity.

Doesn't help that they're running a similar angle with Kofi now. They're not even trying to be creative now and are just making Vince's IRL booking whims canon by having him come out and announce that he's changed his mind.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
On the upside of things, I see Becky wasn't wearing her one piece brown gear thing.

So thats good.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Performers don't just cool off like that unless they actually stop getting pushed and start losing or winning in stupid fashion. The angle isn't nearly as hot but it's because it's obvious it's just nonstop soap opera stuff.

Becky hasn't actually been booked to win or lose basically anything since Rumble. Neither has Charlotte.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo why exactly us Vince fucking with Kofi storyline wise lol....? Makese zero sense but I guess it falls in line with the rest of their slapstick booking.
A lot of people in here are speculating that they're going with a "Vince is out of touch" angle and this is leading to writing him out as a character, which isn't too far outside the realm of possibility tbh

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the first time in a while, I won't be attending an Evolve show at La Boom. (I have a Guster concert instead.) I will be going to the Shine show because I'm apparently a fucking glutton for punishment and bad booking.

Then again, I'm not that masochistic. I don't watch Raw or Smackdown every week.

It's a big weekend for American independent wrestling.

Evolve 123, March 15, Melrose, MA (live on Club WWN and Fite.tv)
-Non-title match: Velveteen Dream vs. Orange Cassidy
-Tag Team War: The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) vs. 2 of The Unwanted (Eddie Kingston, Shane Strickland, Joe Gacy & Colby Corino)
-Evolve Championship match: Austin Theory (c) vs. John Silver
-Josh Briggs vs. Darby Allin
-JD Drake & Anthony Henry vs. AR Fox & Leon Ruff w/Ayla Fox & The Skulk

This might be Darby's last stand, which seems incredible to me.

Shine 57, March 16, Queens, NY (live on Club WWN and Fite.tv)
-Shine Championship match: Allysin Kay (c) vs. Mercedes Martinez
-If any member of the Cutie Pie Club pins any member of #TeamSPAM they win the SHINE Nova Championship – If the Cutie Pie Club loses they must break up & Candy Cartwright must leave SHINE for 90 days: #TeamSPAM (Aja Perera (Shine Nova Champion) & Aerial Monroe) w/Ayla Fox vs. The Cutie Pie Club (Kiera Hogan & Dementia D'Rose) w/Candy Cartwright
-Shine Tag Team Championship match: Rainbow Bright (Luscious Latasha & Gabby Gilbert) vs. Twisted Sisterz (Holidead & Thunder Rosa)
-Ivelisse vs. Shotzi Blackheart
-Su Yung vs. Brandi Lauren
-Priscilla Kelly vs. Stormie Lee
-Allie Recks vs. Riley Shepard

Kay vs. Martinez should be decent at minimum. I think the crowd will be pro-Martinez, and Kay probably retains. #TeamSPAM is a fucking terrible name in a world of terrible independent wrestling team names, and the stipulation is Russo-rific. Ivelisse vs. Shotzi should be fun, and Su Yung vs. Brandi Lauren is a battle of two heels who will probably not mesh well. Kelly is just wasted with Stormie Lee, who is great at connecting with the crowd and does little else. Some day, Allie Recks will wrestle a match that isn't the opening match.

Evolve 124, March 16, Queens, NY (live on Club WWN and Fite.tv)
-Velveteen Dream & Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) vs. Eddie Kingston, Shane Strickland & Joe Gacy w/Colby Corino
-Non-title match: JD Drake vs. Austin Theory
-Darby Allin vs. Anthony Henry
-AR Fox w/Ayla Fox & The Skulk vs. Josh Briggs
-Leon Ruff vs. Curt Stallion
-Harlem Bravado vs. John Silver

AAW: Hell Hath No Fury, March 16, Chicago, IL
-AAW Heavyweight Championship match: Sami Callihan (c) vs. Jake Something
-AAW Women's Championship match: Kylie Rae (c) vs. Jessicka Havok
-Jimmy Jacobs vs. Mance Warner

Hoodslam Presents Stoner U & Big Bad Wrestling Present *NSYNC, March 15, Oakland, CA (live on www.twitch.tv/hoodslam)

Chikara Young Lions Cup XV, March 16 and 17, Philadelphia, PA (live on IndependentWrestling.TV and Chikaratopia?)
March 16:
-Mr. Touchdown vs. Chris Dickinson
-Lucas Calhoun vs. Volgar
-Young Lions Cup participants: Dasher Hatfield, Jaden Valo, Jay Sorbet, Blanche Babbish, Green Ant, Brayden Lee, Allie Kat, Ricky South, Davienne, Cam Carter, Still Life, DL Hurst, Air Wolf, Jaden Newman, Thief Ant, Frantik,

March 17:
-Missile Assault Man vs. Rory Gulak
-The Colony vs. Creatures of the Deep

Last edited:

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Last night was the straw breaking the camel's back in making me completely disinterested in this Mania triple threat anymore.

A real ref would have called a No Contest. This story is stupid. Becky is a geek and not a badass anymore.

Deleted member 1299

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, MD USA
Is there a story behind the guy who is seemingly at all the shows wearing the Mets jersey? I've noticed him a bunch of times while watching network stuff dating back as far as 2014.

A lot of people in here are speculating that they're going with a "Vince is out of touch" angle and this is leading to writing him out as a character, which isn't too far outside the realm of possibility tbh
Isn't writing the character out rather meaningless considering who injected him into the spotlight to begin with? I don't understand that at all. We know who runs the show. That will never change.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently stalking Puroresu Dreams for the NOAH Great Voyage 2019 in Yokokhama show, which is a pretty good card:

-Hi69, Junta Miyawaki, Seiya Morohashi & YO-HEY vs. Hajime Ohara, Hitoshi Kumano, Kenou & Kinya Okada
-Yoshiki Inamura Seven Match Trial Series Match #7: Maybach Taniguchi vs. Yoshiki Inamura
-Akitoshi Saito, Masao Inoue & Shiro Koshinaka vs. Mitsuya Nagai, Mohammed Yone & Quiet Storm
-KAZMA SAKAMOTO vs. Takashi Sugiura
-GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Kotaro Suzuki & Yoshinari Ogawa (c) vs. HAYATA & Tadasuke
-GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Daisuke Harada (c) vs. Minoru Tanaka
-GHC Tag Team Title Match: Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs. Eddie Edwards & Masa Kitamiya
-GHC Heavyweight Title Match: Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I hope AAW pulls off a good show, they're focusing on new and younger talents

Dragon Lee was like a cherry on top for me, but him getting replaced by Eddie Edwards is like someone dropping the ice cream before it reaches your table

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make a sarcastic post about how women shouldn't be allowed to name tag teams and that I couldn't think of any good ones but then I remembered Team PAWG
Off the top of my head, women tag teams on the indies through the years:

Twisted Sisterz
The Canadian NINJAS
The Glamour Girls
The Jumping Bomb Angels
The International Home Wrecking Crew
Team Blondage
Rainbow Bright
The Cutie Pie Club
Seven Star Sisters
The Queens of Winning
The Kimber Bombs
Mount Tessa
Ruthless Ambition
Las Sicarias
The Beatdown Betties
C.U.N.T.S.

And the ones from WWE and Impact off the top of my head:
The Funkadactyls
The Beautiful People
The Iiconics
LayCool
Team B.A.D.
Pretty Mean Sisters

And the ones in Stardom, which I had to look up and obviously have a language barrier:
Oedo Tai
J.A.N.
Kimura Monster-gun
Ho-Show Tennyo
Nanamiho
Nanakairi
Thunder Rock
BY Hou

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Alexander Wolfe showing up to the RIngkampf reunion at 16 Carat as "the sanity guy" is very funny

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
They're inducting HBK and Booker T for a second time at this years HOF, with Bret Hart also rumored to be getting inducted again.

10 years from now it's just gonna be guys getting inducted third and fourth times.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
El Phantasmo is joining bootleg nWo? The hell? He's super facey.

Eh..fuck it, just as long as I get to see more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.