• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They need to put the belt on Ospreay.

He's red hot and he would do a great job of carrying himself as a champion online.

Mechashiva

Jan 7, 2018
Can't believe the strategy of running underwhelming shows in the same market 4 times didn't pay off for New Japan

When ticket sales for the last two were weak, this was a sign that they needed a bigger venue in a less obvious wrestling town
Think they really hurt their goodwill when they didn't offer refunds when they didn't send any Japanese wrestlers over in January.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
IWGP.

Also, I'm not comfortable enough with the brand to do it yet but you guys can probably expect me to start bitching about there being too many titles in NJPW in about three months time.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats are due to TNA/Impact

For the first time since 2006, they have not won the Wrestling Observer Newsletter award for Worst Promotion of the Year
Thank you king
tumblr_pad8u5B8Se1s05wxzo6_400.gif

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
iQBxgWDl.png

Ehh I like it, I liked the answer message if that's what you were referring to, might have gone a little hard on it but I generally liked it
I enjoyed it in NJPW because he was basically the "you see what happens Larry???" scene from Big Lebowski

He just seems like a podcast dork in AEW so far even if it's coming from the same place

Gonna laugh if the 5 names are just the 5 euro folks cycling around the weekend anyways. CCK, Aussie Open, etc

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Devenir Ácrata

Omg omfg

Look what I'm going to be first row ringside for

Blessed you. To witness the best match of 2019 live.

Also the downfall of West!!!

Oooomfg yes

Best trio in grapple history right there.

The Moth, Smokeshow and Tampon Connection

Their entrance is going to be something else!

BB2BOkj.jpg

Don't you dare turn on Yuu!

Pom face would make for a really creepy lamp.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It comes across even worse when you've been listening to Elevated on a loop for the last hour.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Lance Archer is Lance Hoyt? Oh fuck yeah.

I knew he looked familiar. The name changes but the mark inside never forgets.

Hoyt! Hoyt! Hoyt! Hoyt!

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys can't possibly believe NJPW didn't sell well because of a lack of Kenny Omega and not because wrestling isn't that popular and trying to sell 20K seat arenas in the middle of Texas when there is nothing else going on is a bad idea

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You guys can't possibly believe NJPW didn't sell well because of a lack of Kenny Omega and not because wrestling isn't that popular and trying to sell 20K seat arenas in the middle of Texas when there is nothing else going on is a bad idea
You're really going to say this when The Bucks, Omega and Cody just recently sold over 10k again?

I absolutely believe The Elite would have made a difference. How much, I'm not sure but fucking better than this probably.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Two big lucha shows this weekend:

First,
CMLL with Homenaje a 2 Leyendas: Salvador Lutteroth & Blue Demon.
Friday, 8:30 pm CST. Live via YT Luchablog lamp.
Main event bet tag match (hair vs hair):
Niebla Roja & Ángel de Oro (Chavez brothers) vs El Terrible & La Bestia del Ring (Los Ingobernables).
Semi-final CMLL Trios Title match:
Último Guerrero, Euforia & Gran Guerrero (Guerreros Laguneros) [champions] vs Carístico, Volador Jr. Y Dragon Lee.
Special rudos vs rudos matchs (heels vs heels):
Sansón, Cuatrero & Forastero (Nueva Generación Dinamita) vs Gilbert El Boricua, Negro Casas & Cavernario.
Third match:
Diamante Azul, Soberano & Titán vs Mephisto, Templario & Ephesto.
Second match with the microstars:
Microman, El Gallito & Átomo vs Chamuel, Mije & Perico Zakarías.
First match:
Tritón, Esfinge & El Audaz vs Vangellys, Hijo Del Villano III & Pólvora.

Second,
AAA Rey de Reyes 2019.
Saturday, 8:00 pm CST. Live and Free via Twitch (English and Spanish streams).
Main event for the AAA tag Titles:
Los Mercenarios (Texano Jr. and Rey Escorpión) (c) vs. Lucha Brothers (Fénix and Pentagón Jr.).
Semi-final cage trios match:
Las Fresas Salvajes (Mamba & Máximo) & Psycho Clown vs. Jeff Jarrett, Killer Kross & La Máscara.
Rey de Reyes 2019 Tournament:
Laredo Kid vs. El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Jack Evans vs. Sammy Guevara vs. Australian Suicide vs. Taurus vs. Golden Magic vs. Aero Star vs. Myzteziz Jr.
Fourth match:
Los Perros del Mal (Daga, Joe Líder & Taya) vs. El Nuevo Poder del Norte (Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr. & Tito Santana).
Third match:
Drago, Pagano & Puma King vs. Los OGT's (Averno, Chessman & Super Fly).
Four-way Street Fight for the Reina de Reinas (womens) Title:
Lady Shani (c) vs. Keyra vs. La Hiedra vs. Chik Tormenta.
Mixed Tag Title match:
Niño Hamburguesa & Big Mami (c) vs. Villano III Jr. & Lady Maravilla.
*Cody Rhodes makes an announcement.
**AAA card is always subject to change.

Both events should be decent. AAA should have the best matches. The Mixed Tag, Reina de Reinas, Tag Title and Rey de Reyes should be amazing matches.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
NJPW low tickets sales in the USA is not a single issue, but a combination of many factors:
The most obvious one being the departure of The Elite (you can see how bad it has affected RoH when they used to sell around 1k+ for their small events and now they can hardly break 500).
Then we have:
  • Really expensive tickets, almost like a WWE PPV. Compared to DoN it is really expensive.
  • NJPW fans being burned thanks to the amount of shows and lacking cards. NJPW fans are probably taking a wait and see approach because of the way how NJPW announces their cards (basically we are not going to know about this card until July).
  • The hype for NJPW is a bit lower with all the departures and changes they had to make. Then, the new wrestlers they have hired are not going to help their USA expansion.
  • Their USA expansion strategy has been a mess. NJPW fans (not to be confused with The Elite /exBC fans) wanted the Japanese experience, not this mixes of RoH-NJPW shows. In paper, this should be that card, but by now no one is completely sure.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
NJPW low tickets sales in the USA is not a single issue, but a combination of many factors:
The most obvious one being the departure of The Elite (you can see how bad it has affected RoH when they used to sell around 1k+ for their small events and now they can hardly break 500).
Then we have:
  • Really expensive tickets, almost like a WWE PPV. Compared to DoN it is really expensive.
  • NJPW fans being burned thanks to the amount of shows and lacking cards. NJPW fans are probably taking a wait and see approach because of the way how NJPW announces their cards (basically we are not going to know about this card until July).
  • The hype for NJPW is a bit lower with all the departures and changes they had to make. Then, the new wrestlers they have hired are not going to help their USA expansion.
  • Their USA expansion strategy has been a mess. NJPW fans (not to be confused with The Elite /exBC fans) wanted the Japanese experience, not this mixes of RoH-NJPW shows. In paper, this should be that card, but by now no one is completely sure.
Agreed completely

Only the casual fans thought the Elite all leaving at once would have no noticeable effect (and I don't feel bad for New Japan or ROH regarding it especially when they both had time to prepare for such a situation), and it was obviously going to be a big deal

But any one of these problems was going to be noticeable, all of them at once (plus coming off a visa situation they could have handled the aftermath of better)? Even a G1 show here wasn't going to be enough to overcome all that

AEW has a lot more leverage now in any planned negotiations for a partnership eventually. New Japan and the diehards who wanted to believe everything would be fine pre-and-post-giving Kenny the belt and then watching him leave altogether may not have wanted to acknowledge it at first, but it's getting harder to ignore

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WWE is stealing AAA bad Triplemanias thunder:

AAA is doing tv-tapings in my city, if Rey de Reyes delivers I will probably go:

Last edited:

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted NJPW to ditch ROH for AEW the second the rumors of the Elite starting their own promotion surfaced. Hopefully it's just the issue of waiting out the joint events and not NJPW feeling some kind of displaced loyalty to ROH. ROH has benefitted way more from the partnership overall.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're really going to say this when The Bucks, Omega and Cody just recently sold over 10k again?

I absolutely believe The Elite would have made a difference. How much, I'm not sure but fucking better than this probably.
Yes, actually. You're crazy if you think Kenny Omega is a 20,000 seat draw if AEW were running a show in Dallas in the middle of July.

Wrestling isn't popular.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

Natsu managing to break all 4 other members of Oedo Tai at once. Truly the greatest comedy wrestler of this or any generation.

No idea how Natsu got through that promo without laughing, that and the post-match promo were amazing. Hazuki has Natsuko beat in the worst corpser in Stardom standings.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
You're crazy if you think Kenny Omega is a 10,000 seat draw if Cody was running a show in Chicago on labor day weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.